Any Critters on Iwaku?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been far more critical of my own DM skills since watching Critical Role.
Which could be bad... But it could be good because it means I'm constantly trying to improve in areas.
I think it's not only entertaining, but it's a great example to compare yourself to, as long as it doesn't deter you from DMing. Consider it as inspiration for your own unique style of DMing ^u^

I don't know how many of you know Critical Role by GeekandSundry, but... I was just wondering if there was anyone from the #Critter community that's also a part of Iwaku.

If you don't know what Critical Role is and you like games similar to DnD and Anime, you had better start watching it immediately.

What it boils down to is this: A cast of voice actors, DM'ed by Matthew Mercer, go through a 5e DnD campaign. It is fantastic. Here's the first episode for all who are interested:

This is pretty cool. Definitely something I can listen to while I work.

Let's just say that anyone that has watched recent episodes, especially the parts of the "Trial of the Take" where Percy was involved should know without a doubt that Percy is blessed by the dice gods...

And Wil Wheaton is forever cursed.

I seriously cannot even begin to fathom how one single person can roll as badly as Wil Wheaton in two separate sessions.

Let's just say that anyone that has watched recent episodes, especially the parts of the "Trial of the Take" where Percy was involved should know without a doubt that Percy is blessed by the dice gods...

I seriously cannot even begin to fathom how one single person can roll as badly as Wil Wheaton in two separate sessions.
Taliesin stole all of Wil's power. It's the only possible explanation.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: K3l

I see Wil as my Sprit GM. Becouse he has as bad rolls as I have.

Maybe Sheldon's wishes off ill-contempt actually worked.
Let's ignore the fact they eventually made up. The Curse has already been inflicted.

I really need to play a DnD game. Since seeing this thread i've gotten to episode 7 of that show.

Episode airing currently has been amazing so far. Grog <3

As someone who only just caught Thursday's episode.

Hoooooly moly, that was tense.

I've actually never played a DnD game, yet. I definitely want to, as well, this looks really interesting--I might watch! :D

I've actually never played a DnD game, yet. I definitely want to, as well, this looks really interesting--I might watch! :D
;A; You need to play D&D.

Shit like this makes me tempted to organize a D&D Group on Iwaku...
But I don't want to DM two campaigns at once, so it would need someone else to DM.

I would totally do it, if I knew how! D:
LARP'ing actually started me role-playing, unlike the Tabletop games which I've heard of and so badly want to play D:

I would totally do it, if I knew how! D:
LARP'ing actually started me role-playing, unlike the Tabletop games which I've heard of and so badly want to play D:
You started with LARPs?
That's reverse of what happens to most people. :P

Though an online D&D group is really little issue.
Just use a chat program like Iwaku's teamspeak server.
And then use roll20 to represent the board and such.

I'm not exactly like most people. o3o
And you would have to explain how EVERYTHING works, so I can fully grasp how to play online. :O

That varies a ton based on the specific game and edition you're playing.

But in a very generic nut shell you have a few core stats usually called "Attributes" or "Ability Scores" which determine the core of your character.
This is stuff like Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence etc.

Once this is determined some systems will have you pick other things varying on the game.
This can include Class, Race, Skills, Feats, Special Abilities, Flaws etc.

After all of which you essentially finished building your character stat wise.
Then (or before-hand, it's up to each individual player) you make a personality for that character.
And once that's all sorted out to basically roleplay the character in pretty much the same way you do in a LARP.

Only in this case over the table (or roll20) with some friends, and one person giving you the overall story/quest line to follow.

Last edited:
OOH! That sounds like so much fun. owo

• Love
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
How can I help accomplish this??

Either make an Interest Check or gather friends.

I'm not sure which method to do yet.
Especially since I'd need one of them to be the DM.

Status
Not open for further replies.