(Anti-Hero RP) The Crusaders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Code Name: Squarewave

Secret Identity: Gregory "Green" Peridoe

Appearance: Green is of average height for his age, but built like a particularly fragile twig. His hair doesn't look particularly well-maintained either; the scruffy black locks can look greasy and matted in places. One lock of his bangs is much longer, usually hanging in front of his face, and is dyed green. His mousy face makes him look a few years younger than he actually is, much to his chagrin, but his vibrant green eyes can convey any emotion he chooses with ease. He feels naked without his expensive black headphones, which are designed to rest at the back of the neck. He even wears them when out heroing, along with a black mask that secures them to his face; they have been modded to let him pick up on radio frequencies for easier communication (or listening in if he can get access). The rest of his hero outfit is simple, just as he likes it: a black spandex suit with the letters "SW" on the chest in green (of course).

Race: Human

Personality: When it comes to his personal life, Green was never all that social. He's extremely quiet and introverted, only talking when he absolutely needs to -- and he rarely needs to. When pressed he'll just shrug and say, "There's nothing worth talking about." In his head, however, he's a powerful daydreamer, always fantasizing about truth and justice and the American way what his next song is going to sound like. Only a select few people are considered worthy enough for him to talk to on a regular basis, and none of them are in the Crusaders (yet), but his strong desire for revenge keeps him fighting, even among people he doesn't trust very well.

Powers: Supersonic scream, manipulation of his own voice (can sound like someone else, etc.), especially resilient internal organs (notably vocal cords and eardrums) to protect himself from his own power.

History: Green's background is heavily influenced by music. He grew up in a fairly wealthy family, allowing him to afford private disk jockey lessons (not that his parents were very happy with it) despite his age. He loved being the head of a crowd, especially in an environment as exciting as a nightclub, but eventually the pressure got to him and he decided to break loose of the DJ business and become an independent mix artist. He's still indie for now, going by the name DJ Green (his originality was never all that strong), but he has a decent following online. None of his fans know his face, or his secret double life as a superhero.

You see, the real reason Green never talks is because he was born with his powers. And once they started really developing at the tender age of four, well, let's just say controlling them was an issue. He learned real quick never to open his mouth unless there was some dire need, or else risk heavy damage to his surroundings and anyone caught in the blast. By the time he turned 13, he could control himself, but by then the damage was already done; his family had to move to entirely new states many times, and talking had become among the lowest on his daily priority list. He garnered a reputation for being a weirdo, or a freak. Assuming a secret identity was all he could do to bring the bullies to justice, under the cover of night. Big time heroing didn't occur to him until one faithful day, after he'd turned 17.

It was all over the news. His original hometown, the place he spent his first, tender years, a city he'd grown very attached to, where his heart always resided...it was leveled. Completely destroyed by a supervillain attack. No one knew who was responsible, what they were after, or where they had gone. Still at large, it sounded like. And that night, Green wasn't thinking straight. He was on an ordinary patrol, hunting for anyone on his list of targets -- people who'd wronged him in the past -- but the guy Green found learned just what it meant to cross an especially furious Squarewave. One too many bludgeons to the head, and just like that, he was dead. It was an accident, really. But it was enough.

Weapons: Using his sonic scream is dangerous at close range, so he wields dual war maces, shortened for easy one-handed carrying. They were improvised at first, but he was later able to purchase a pair of real metal ones.

Skills: Good ears from background in music production, fast and lightweight, silent when he wants to be.

What made them cross the line?: The destruction of his hometown. He's always on the hunt for who was responsible.

• Thank You
Reactions: Cush Almighty
Sobbing, I'm still in this I know I have to finish velius soon >O<

Well considering our last character sheet put forward was at 5 am today, I'm sure you're still good to go.
I didn't even notice lol I'll go ahead and post my character sketch and hope for the best, thank you! :))

cgr2-1302.jpg

Codename: Reflection

Secret Identity: Serafima Masuud (most call her Fima, or Fi)

Appearance: 5'3", dark olive skin with black eyes, squarish face, built like an acrobat. The left side of her head shaved, revealing three jagged scars. Her hair, parted to the right, is long, wavy, and dark blue. When fighting, she has it tied in a bun. She is never seen without snacking on some sort of candy or other junk food. Her hero outfit is made out of a reflective, chrome material that helps her blend into her surroundings and covers her neck to toe. Her mask is made of the same material (see pic above for mask. Sorry, couldn't find a decent pic to match my character).

Race: Mutant

Personality: Protective, driven, kind but rarely shows, charitable, dedicated, honorable, quiet, cold, merciless to those who deserve it, honest

Power: reflects another's prowess. She can take someone's powers or physical abilities and use them as her own. She can only maintain this for a certain length, the average being 30 minutes in a fight. She can reflect up to two powers but it leaves her weak and doing three or more will hospitalize her. Fima can also store another's power into an item. In this case, she prefers using pills, being able to swallow them quickly during a fight and gain the ability that she previously stored in them.
[Why pills? After being in prison for four years, for murders she didn't commit (the why and how is explained in her history), Fima became addicted to drugs. She eventually got off her addiction by using pseudo pills to store other mutant powers and aid her fight against crime.]

Skills: various hand-to-hand combat, elementary first-aid, finding out information/investigating, making six burgers disappear under a minute.

Weapons: a baton with a lead core and Glock pistol. They are remnants of her few years as a police officer, and carries them as precautions when she doesn't/can't rely on her power.

History: Born on January 14, 1987, Serafima lived a fairly average life. She was born in America, but her family was originally from Pakistan and she spent much of her childhood being harassed and called a terrorist. Because of this, she developed a strong, black-and-white sense of justice and would get into brawls constantly when her honor, friends, or even random strangers were in jeopardy. This led to her joining the Police Academy out of high school and then the force after college. Until she was 24, Fima spent her time as a police officer growing angrier at watching criminals walking free because of paper work or the legal system screwing up. She began to act out, roaming the streets at night and punishing any criminal or villain she came across. It was during this time her power truly began to grow. While she knew she had a gift since she was a child, it rarely inflicted her life and she never had a true need for it. This led to a mutant vigilante group known as the White Hand approaching Fima, asking her to join her ranks after hearing about her exploits and unusual skills. Fima accepted immediately, and for a year and a half the five members became closer, melding into a family.

Then one night, the White Hand came across a vicious mutant simply known as Werewolf. His mutation transformed him into a bloodthirsty beast, and even as a human he enjoyed tearing his victims apart and making them suffer. Even though it was five to one, Werewolf had the jump on them and killed two of Fima's friends within seconds. The surviving three members fought, but in the end Fima's ability to use his own mutation against him allowed her to survive with only slashes on her scalp. Her surviving friends ended up horribly disfigured. When the police came on the scene, they arrested Fima and blamed her for the death of the White Hands and Werewolf. They threw her into a prison asylum (she suffered from severe PTSD) for two years before they moved her into a high-level prison, where she spent another two years waiting for the courts of law finally cleared her name and set her free. First thing she did was seek out her surviving friends of the White Hand- only to discover one was still alive. The other had committed suicide a year after the incident. Fima's only living friend, Alice, lost most of her rational mind and currently resides in an insane asylum. Fima continues hunting criminals down except this time she shows no mercy and kills anyone who she believed deserves it.

What made her cross the line: When the White Hand faced the Werewolf, Fima was able to survive by using his own transformation ability against him. Despite what he had done to her friends, in the end Fima killed him not out of revenge, grief, or rage, but sheer survival. It was during her years in prison where she lost the last shred of faith in the legal system and from there decided that to truly end crime was to kill those who caused it.

Last edited:
@KAZUAKI my character would have a lot of fun battling yours. XD
Wow, I love your character. I like his ability to adapt. He's like a fusion of Beast Boy(DC), Darwin(Marvel) and Hulk. He's accepted! Behemoth will break you out himself.
My charater will probly piss yours off eventually lol.
Thanks merlin , i was trying to create a type of hulk that had fewer flaws ( if that makes sense).

Wait @Mighty Roman what made him cross the line? You need to have that in there too. What made this hero give up hope on villains and started taking them out for good.

@CJ Liston accepted

This is now closed for sign ups so if you weren't around earlier then too bad.

Finally done, i may just add more facts but the history is finally done c:

Hmmm o v o.

I like this... I would like to join if there is still room for one more! I'll work on my CS!~

Damn e w e)

bump? Are you guys still here?
I aaaaaaaam! Still dying to start. -3-
i_live_mushu.gif

I use that exact gif during a bump-post. Ah, I should be doing the other twin's application soon but he's not going to be majorly main like Velius...

I use that exact gif during a bump-post. Ah, I should be doing the other twin's application soon but he's not going to be majorly main like Velius...
Hahaha, coinky-dink! Oooh can't wait for it. I love the semi?finished results of Velius. Will his twin be identical or fraternal?

Identical for the most part. I have plans for the two >:)
Like them killing each other.. well fighting violently a lot.
Accidental switch up or something.
them fighting their parents? this may go after the idea below..
his twin brother being hunted for joining both organizations and they have to help each other. who knows what happens from there with his brother.

- - -
and Velius for the most part is finished. Im just going to continue adding more unimportant facts/extras.. Skills I'm not sure what exactly to put. That was always my weakness in every CS XD

I might just name his brother Vinh or Vinny... Vergil... or something.. I dunno i want it to be fancy and all XD. I'm a picky person, and perfectionist. x_X Despite being done Velius' CS still bothers me for some reason.

Identical for the most part. I have plans for the two >:)
Like them killing each other.. well fighting violently a lot.
Accidental switch up or something.
them fighting their parents? this may go after the idea below..
his twin brother being hunted for joining both organizations and they have to help each other. who knows what happens from there with his brother.

- - -
and Velius for the most part is finished. Im just going to continue adding more unimportant facts/extras.. Skills I'm not sure what exactly to put. That was always my weakness in every CS XD

I might just name his brother Vinh or Vinny... Vergil... or something.. I dunno i want it to be fancy and all XD. I'm a picky person, and perfectionist. x_X Despite being done Velius' CS still bothers me for some reason.
wooooah. dude. I am so gonna be following everything they do.

ahh, yeah I was confused by some of your "WIPs". haha I always liked that part, it's challenging for me to switch things up because I have such a set preference.

Oooh I like Vinny, his name could be Vincent. lol I feel you. My baby Lazar was surprising to me in how easy he was to write.

Hah so I wasn't the only one. I felt weirded out by how easy writing the characters were ; so it could be the reason.
And i was debating on Vincent xD. I got a feeling we'll get along hopefully, can't wait new friend c: @Amai Kyuti

Status
Not open for further replies.