Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
Online Availability
During the week for the most part, weekends I am unavailable to make replies but I'm still around for random chatting!
Writing Levels
  1. Elementary
  2. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
I play mostly modern, fantasy, medieval genres. Maybe sometimes modern with a splash of supernatural elements (vampires and warlocks, witches and werewolves, oh my!)
Ari stood at the front doors of the high school, staring up at the large doors. It was nothing like her old school, where everything was just right. But, her parents had gotten new jobs, better paying and they had to move. The downfall of the move was having to live in the city. There was just too much for Ari to comprehend, and she hated it, but she knew her parents loved their jobs and she wasn't going to make them unhappy by fighting to stay back home.

And while Ari hadn't been standing there long, she could tell by how the others dressed and looked of those who walked inside, that she stood out. Being in the city all the girls had the fake tans, the expensive clothes, the fake nails and way too white teeth. They were all tall and inhumanly too perfect. The guys were hardly any different with their muscles, khakis, the premade holey jeans and shoes worth more than her own laptop. Looking down at herself, she sighed softly. Her clothes were worn in some places, patched up here and there. The top she wore today had been altered by herself. Her jeans had holes in the knees, but no in the way the others were. And her shoes were scuffed up and dusty from walking everything. Where all the the girls had the tanned skin, hers was pale, a few spots of ance on her chin. And her dark brown hair was pulled back into a simple braid.

Shrugging, she hurried inside and headed towards the gymnasium where they were hosting their little day before school event where students could pick up their schedules, walk around the school, meet some teachers if they wished. Most of the kids had their parents, sophmores she could tell by their nervous faces as they tried opening their lockers with shaking hands, their parents next to them giggling and trying to help. It made her miss her own, but they were busy a lot and didn't get to come with her as much as they liked. "Oh well," she said to herself, before skipping down the small flight of stairs and turning to the doors where everyone was filing through.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, across town, Cyrus sat down in his bed, groaning at his aching feet. He had worked a double shift at the restaurant, and then came home to make breakfast for his mother before she left for her own job. It wasn't the normal life one would expect from a young adult like himself. But he wanted to be sure his mother didn't have to work herself into the ground since his father took off on them.

Kicking off his shoes, Cyrus didn't bother changing into his sleeping clothes. He han his hand through his dark hair a few times before falling into bed. Not bothering with covers, he hit the play button on the radio next to his bed and fell asleep to the music that played from the speakers. It had been a long night, and there was another one in store for him tonight he was sure. But he'd get his day off soon and be able to see his good friend Dimitri.

Clara.jpg

Clara,

As Clara grabs the last box from the moving van her phone starts to go off. " Baptized with a perfect name, The doubting one by heart, Alone without himself ". " Hello Aunt Lucille. What's up?" "Did you forget that you had an orientation thing with the school today?" No, Clara thought. "Oh crap yea I totally did. I'm just going to put this last box in the apartment and tip the moving guys." "Ok good. I hope you enjoy that school I tried to pick the best one in that area." "I know Aunt Lucille." "Ok well call me when its done. I love you." Clara sighs "Love you too." Yea you love me but you send me away. All because your scared I might accidentally set you on fire like mom. Clara thinks while hanging up the phone. She walks to the front of the van where the two gentleman who helped her move her stuff. Roughly hands them $40 dollars and walks away. Carrying her last box up the stairs to her 2 bedroom apartment as slow as she can. 1 Hour later she finally makes it to the school right as everyone is making their way to the auditorium for the first day assembly. Grumbling quietly she makes her way inside with the rest of the crowd. Jeez everyone here looks the same. Like a bunch of store mannequins. And here I am in slightly torn jeans and a Disturbed t-shirt. She just scoffs quietly and faces forward. I hope this is over soon.

Lori character.jpg

Dimitri,

Dimitri loved school. What he hated was the fact that his parents chose his classes. All because Jasper chose to take over the Club side of the family businesses Dimitri was stuck with the actual businesses. So here he is learning all of the needed materials to take over. Hey at least I will have money to spend. He scuffs to himself. As his first class of the day ends his phone goes off. "Once there was a picture of a happy place, But I always keep thinking what a great place to leave." It was a txt from his brother. "Yo Lil Dimi." A nickname he had given him years ago that Dimitri still hates. Frowning he reads the rest of the txt. "I just opened up this new club in your town. Come by and check it out. Its for teens you have to be 16 and older to get in. I would love your input. See you there." That sounds cool. Maybe I can get Cyrus to join me on his day off. I'll txt him when school is out. Maybe I'll even stop by with some flowers for Mom it's been a while since I've seen her.

Ariana slowly walked through the gym, glancing down at her schedule now and again. She was grateful for the fact she had taken advanced courses back at her old school. It meant she had an open spot during her day this year, leaving her an extra long lunch. But, there wasn't really any clubs or what not that the school offered she found any interest in, so instead of wasting her time trying to find one, she plopped herself down on one of the bleachers and starting to watch the other students.

With the fact htat almost everyone looked similar, it was rather easy to spot the red headed girl that walked in. Curious, Ari watched her for a moment before getting to her feet again and headed towards the girl. Once within a few feet, Ari gave a bright smile and waved a gloved hand. "Hello there, I'm Ariana. You look new here, are you? I am, my family just moved here a few weeks ago," she said, rambling a moment before stopping and rubbing the back of her head a little.

------------------------------------------------

(I'm going to skip Cyrus for the time being until Dimitri texts him after school, since there isn't much I can do with him sleeping right now, lol)

Clara.jpg

Clara,

Noticing that the girl was talking to her Clara turned her head to look at her. She was cute and definitely not a "Clone", which Clara had set to call the school kids. As Clara sits stands there arguing with herself, she realized that she must have seemed to be glaring again. Watching the girl scratch her head Clara decides that she actually would really like a friend. She smiles at the girl. "Yea, I'm new. My name is Clara." She then finds herself looking at her feet. Nervous that her glare might have scared the sweet girl away already. "I just unloaded my last box. I was late because I just arrived in town today." I wish I had tried to make friends before. I have no clue how to do this. She started to fidget with her hair. What should I say? How do you start a conversation? Still staring at her feet her eyes start to glare as she thinks. What does having friends really mean. What if I get to close and I lose control. Realizing that the girl known as Ariana had been talking to her for a bit. Oh crap I haven't heard a word she said. Great what a great way to make friends. She then looks up at Ariana.

Lori character.jpg

Dimitri,

Yawning a little Dimitri exits the College doors. Man I love school and all but damn some of these classes are boring. Alright time to txt Cyrus. "Hey Cyrus, Dude I know you are either sleeping or working but txt me when you get this. Jasper told me he opened a new club in town for our age group. Thought maybe we could try it out on your next day off. Oh and does Mom work today? I thought I would bring her some flowers since I haven't seen her in a while. Talk at ya later man." With that Dimitri shuts his phone. Ignoring all of the looks he gets from the girls he heads to his baby. A 1967 Shelby Mustang black with silver. Guess I'll head to the flower shop. Wonder what kind I should get her, he smiles, wonder when I will figure out her favorite. A few blocks down he stops in front of the Wonder Florist flower shop. He walks up to the florist an elderly lady by the name of Annabelle. "Hey Annabelle what you have new today?" "Oh if it isn't my favorite young man. Hmm lets see I have some gorgeous deep purple Calla Lilies would you like some of those?" "Actually those are perfect I haven't gotten her those yet. How much for a dozen?" Annabelle starts putting them together in a vase and making a beautiful bouquet by adding some baby's breath and some white daisies. Once done her and Dimitri go to the counter to pay. At that moment Dimitri's Phone goes off. Instantly recognizing Cyrus's ring tone he answers.

Ariana stood there, her head cocked to one side as she looked this girl over. She didn't seem like the others, which was rather obvious by now with her hair color and clothes. Though she seemed to be a little wary of new people, she didn't seem mean or anything. But Ariana knew how hard it could be to make friends, she really didn't have many back at her old school anyways, so Ariana knew all of this was rather intimidating.

"Well, I know you don't even really know me or anything, but would you like to walk around the school together while we figure out our schedules and where the rooms are? It would sure beat walking alone," Ariana offered, now holding out her schedule towards Clara to compare their classes. Maybe they had at least one together, it would be nice to not be stuck in a room alone full of cookie cutter zombies.

----------------------------------------------

Cyrus rolled over as his alarm went off, slamming his hand down on the button. Rubbing his eyes, he rolled out of bed and fished about in his bed for his phone he had felt vibrating with a waiting message. Opening the screen and saw it had been from Dimitri, he couldn't help but give a smile. Though the two were rather different, he really did consider him like a brother. Reading his message, Cyrus grinned a bit. Going out to a club would be awesome, he thought. It had been a long time since he had gone out and met some new people.

At least changing into some clean clothes before he called, he waited for Dimitri to answer. "Hey man! Figured I'd call you, you know I'm not much the texting type. But yeah, I'd love to check the club out, that would be cool. And are you still trying to figure out mom's favorites?" Cyrus said with a chuckle, shaking his head. Sometimes he wondered if his mother wasn't telling Dimitri her favorite just because she simply liked getting them, no matter what kind they were. "But yeah, come on over, she should be home in an hour or so."

Status
Not open for further replies.