▌advanced, long-term search. ▌updated 4/25!

moffnat

story connoisseur
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
  4. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, politics, historical fiction, romance
tumblr_otb7gyyxL21wtuf8mo1_500.gif

welcome.
Hello, friends! It's Nat again. I know, I know, you're probably sick of seeing me stalking around these forums in search of partners, but I have an addiction. I just need a few more roleplays. Some people dropped, others didn't respond to the inquiry PM's, you know how it goes. I've got some holes in my creative life that I'd like to fill.

Don't know me? I used to be Sansa Stark on here, back in the first few years of my time on Iwaku. I was also a staff member at one point. I'm almost 25 years old and I live in Seattle, WA, USA. I work in a bookstore and have a deep passion for fettuccine alfredo and video games. Long story short, Iwaku is my home for storytelling with other people, and it helps me stay creative while writer's block keeps me from working on my novels. I hope I can make some new connections and get something good going with some cool people!

about me.
Two or more replies per week. I'll update my status if I think I'll be delayed for a while. I work retail, so my hours and availability change frequently; sometimes I'll have three days off in a row, others I'll be working full shifts all weekend and won't be able to post. All I ask for is patience.
Advanced writing ability. I have a BFA in writing and used to be an editor professionally, so you can count on quality when working with me.
I only roleplay in forum threads on Iwaku, but I can be talked into using PM's if this is a deal-breaker.
20:80 sex-to-plot ratio at max. I'm not super thrilled about smut. I like it, don't get me wrong, and I am capable of writing out full sex scenes in detail -- it's often very good for character development. That being said, I usually only have one or two sex scenes total in a story. If you need more, I can accommodate to a certain degree. Too much smut, though, and I get bored. I'm here for plot.
I can roleplay as both males and females, and anyone inbetween. I have no preference.
I generally prefer realistic faceclaims and/or descriptions. However, I can be talked into anime if it fits the story.
I'm friendly! Talk to me OOC. I'll send memes and laugh with you and have a good time. I enjoy OOC communication quite a lot, and would be more than happy to be your friend. :-)
I'm in this for the long haul. I want a story that can take us up to a year to complete, and I've got the patience and stamina to do it. I'm not here for quick and easy stories. Give me big plots or give me DEATH
Not to brag, but I'm incredible at plotting. It's my greatest gift. Anyone I've written with can verify that the shit I come up with is gold. You can trust that you'll have a quality story with me, if we work together!

requirements.
Two or more replies per week. I would definitely prefer someone regular. That being said, I'm intimidated as hell by speed-of-light responses, lmao. A few posts a week is a perfect balance. I'm willing to work with people if they can only post once a week, but if it goes any longer without an explanation from you, I'm almost guaranteed to lose interest.
Don't ditch. Just don't. Tell me if you're no longer interested and I'll be more than happy to let you go! There's no sense in participating in a story you don't enjoy.
Proper grammar is a must. Nobody's perfect; I'm sure as hell not. But I value grammar and spelling. Proofread your posts, run spell check, whatever you need to do.
Please don't be sex crazy. To put it bluntly, I'm not here to help you get off. I won't do more smut than I'm comfortable with, and no, you can't change my mind.
Be able to roleplay as both males and females, and more if you're comfortable. I'm genuinely very sick of being expected to play everyone's male love interest every single time I go to plot with someone. If you're not flexible enough to be able to play multiple genders, we won't be compatible.
Some talk OOC is appreciated, but not required! I'm introvert-friendly. As long as we can communicate effectively about our story, the rest is a non-issue.
Be in this for the long haul. As stated above, I want a long story with a dedicated partner. Devotion to our plot and characters is key. Let's get this bread.
Third person only. I will not write first person and do not want to read first person either. I don't mind if we use past or present tense, though.

original plots.
» NEW & CRAVING ❝ wraith boy ❞ M x F & MONSTER x HUMAN & SUPERNATURAL & MODERN SETTING & ROMANTIC COMEDY & DRAMA & CUTENESS & OPTIONAL SMUT
Your character is a high school girl in her senior year. Things are going well for her, until she stumbles upon a wounded supernatural creature in the woods and decides to nurse him back to health. She didn't anticipate that he would follow her around like a puppy afterward, including living in her house, trying all her weird human things, and poking his curious nose around where it doesn't belong. She's gonna have one hell of a time hiding him from her parents. Especially when feelings start to develop. (She can't exactly take a monster to prom. Also, I have pictures of the monster for reference.)

» ❝ once upon a bookshop ❞ M x M & SINGLE FATHER x HOMELESS DRUG ADDICT & MODERN & DRAMA & ROMANCE & DRUG ABUSE & RECOVERY
Jonathan Barnes is no one special. At least, that's what he believes. He's a former Marine, a decorated veteran of war, though a cane and crippling PTSD don't make him feel so heroic. He runs a bookshop. His wife's bookshop. His dead wife's bookshop, and every single title reminds him of her. He plans to work there until he dies, until he can pass the business onto his five-year-old son Oliver -- when he's older, of course, let's not get ahead of ourselves. But something has been troubling Jonathan of late. Someone, some stranger, has been breaking into his shop every night. Not a single book goes missing. In fact, the shop seems tidier after the intruder leaves. What on Earth do they want? Jonathan is determined to find out. And when he does, the events that follow prove to be more than he asked for.

» CRAVING ❝ cherrybomb ❞ M x F & POLITICIAN x PROSTITUTE & 1950's AMERICA & DRAMA & SMUT & POLITICS
Cherrybomb is a legend. In a world ravaged by post-war confusion, she is a red light among the men in Congress. She pleases them. Entertains them. But most important of all, she listens to them. Cherrybomb is an intelligent woman shackled in the body of a beautiful young prostitute, and it is this woman that your character, a politician, seeks out. Whether he merely intends to use her or if he wants to know her is up to you. I imagine he is unhappily married and seeks comfort in Cherrybomb, whom he eventually divorces his wife to marry (which causes a great stir), but as the politician is yours, it is you who decides. I would love to get into the nitty gritty of this with a great partner.

» CRAVING ❝ god save the queens ❞ F x F & QUEEN x QUEEN OF OPPOSING KINGDOM & MEDIEVAL & DRAMA & WAR & ENEMIES TO LOVERS
This plot is heavily based on the story of Queen Elizabeth I and Mary, Queen of Scots. Two queens of neighboring, warring nations try to be diplomatic via letters and gifts. However, the passive, charm-based aggression isn't missed by either of them, and tensions between their nations begin to peak. This can go several ways. We can either have them meet in secret to try to sort out their differences and corral their nations in this man's world, or they can continue to war to the point where they become enemies. I'm very excited to plot this further with someone.

» ❝ until the end ❞ PLATONIC & BEST FRIEND x BEST FRIEND & SUPERNATURAL & MIYAZAKI-INSPIRED & NO ROMANCE & CHILDREN CHARACTERS
Okay, hear me out. I want to do something based on Miyazaki's style. I have a basic idea of a two children who are best friends. One of them becomes diagnosed with cancer and eventually dies when they're both, oh, twelve? The one left alive is so devastated by their best friend's death that they seek passage into the spirit world in order to bring them back before the funeral. Within this other realm, the two of them encounter Miyazaki-esque characters and monsters that either help or hinder their journey, and ultimately come face-to-face with mortality.

» CRAVING ❝ haunted grounds ❞ M x F, M x M, F x F OR PLATONIC & SURVIVAL HORROR & DARK THEMES & BLOOD & GORE
A group of teenagers must band together to escape something truly horrifying. We can do a mountain setting, swamp, castle, you name it, and the killer is also up to us. We can add some romance, too, or leave it be. I just really wanna butcher some people.

fandom plots.
» NEW & CRAVING ❝ divine intervention ❞ M x F & DARK ELF x PRIESTESS OF MARA & SKYRIM & ROMANTIC COMEDY & HUMOR & FUN TIMES
Hear me out. Out in the big land of Skyrim is a very broody dark elf who hates love and all things to do with out. He chances upon a priestess of Mara who preaches all things love and goodness and marriage, and it drives him absolutely crazy. A Daedra decides to step in for the memes shits and giggles. He binds the dark elf and the priestess together for however long it takes for the dark elf to find love, and for that love to be returned. The priestess considers it an honor and makes it her personal mission to find this dark elf the love of his life. She's closer than he thinks. I have no preference for who I play.

» NEW ❝ first of her name ❞ M x F OR F x F & GAME OF THRONES/ASOIAF & DARK THEMES & ROMANCE & VIOLENCE & POLITICS
This plot involves me playing Sansa Stark, and you playing... whoever you like. OC's are welcome here, either male, female, trans, or none of the above. We can start at any point in the story, but the main goal here is to put Sansa on the throne of an independent North. I have different ideas for stories depending on if there's a canon character you'd like to play; for example, a story with Sandor will go a different way than a story with Tyrion. For canons, I will pair Sansa with Sandor, Tyrion, Petyr, Jaime, Margaery, Myrcella, or Daenerys.

» NEW & CRAVING ❝ harvest moon ❞ F x F & BACHELORETTE x BACHELORETTE & HARVEST MOON & SLICE OF LIFE & ROMANCE & ANIME
I would absolutely die to do something FxF based on the Harvest Moon games. It doesn't have to be a new farmer and a bachelorette; it can simply be two women in the small town. I'd want a partner who can create the town with me, plenty of NPC's and side characters, and be willing to use anime faceclaims as this is based on an anime game. Idk, I love yuri slice of life.

other fandom possibilities.
✦ Avatar: The Last Airbender — Zuko x OC, OC x OC
Dead By Daylight — Feng Min x Doctor or Trapper (or really any of the male killers?)
✦ Dragon Age — Your Inquisitor x OC
✦ Fullmetal Alchemist — Al x Male OC, Roy x Riza
✦ The Legend of Zelda — Link x Zelda
✦ Victoria — Lord M x Victoria, Lord M x OC (no preference for my role) CRAVING

keywords.
historical fiction. | romance. | high/low/dark fantasy. | ancient cultures. | taboo relationships. | non-white characters. | drama. | high stakes. | horror. | sadistic serial killers. | religious horror. | abuse. | trauma. | recovery. | age gaps. | complex characters. | character development. | complete stories. | grey morality. | good vs evil. | open endings. | dark themes. | multiple characters. | world-building. | divine intervention. | family dynamics. | unusual characters. | tropes. | avoiding tropes. | adventure. | good shit.

send me a pm or reply here if interested. have a lovely day!

Last edited:
Any takers?

Last airbender oc pairing for me.

Hello Lovely!

I remember messaging you a while ago when you were still full of role-plays, but after stumbling across this thread I noticed that you seemed to be available again (hopefully). I would really love to write with you if you have interest still open. I'm not as experienced with playing male characters, but more than willing to work out a comprise even if that means doubling up-- because I think it would be a super awesome opportunity to write with you.

The fandom that really draws me in on your list was; Game of Thrones. I'm open to discussion on what plots or roles that you'd think fun to play. I also have an OC character made up for the Game of Thrones universe if that's anything of interest.

Another thought that would be fun would be the Avatar Last Airbender universe because childhood nostalgia is always awesome!!! Either way, I'm open to pretty much anything and would love to have the chance to write something amazing with you. c:

Good luck with the rest of your search!

Edit: Forgot to mention that I would be pretty interested in trying out the: God Save the Queens plot! I remember you mentioning it before in a conversation, and at the time I didn't think it was truly my cuppa tea. But right now I'm really open to trying out something new. C;

• Love
Reactions: moffnat
Ooooh I would love to try The Handmaid's Tale with an OC! I love that book a lot so doing one would be very interesting!

I really like your ideas ma petite coeur and haunted grounds! i would love to do either of those with you if you're up for them.

I really like your ideas ma petite coeur and haunted grounds! i would love to do either of those with you if you're up for them.
Both are open! PM me, darling. xx

interested in haunted grounds or until the end!

Reactions: moffnat
Still looking!