Another Place To Fall - A Marvel RP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

King

I read it in the paper so it must be true.
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
I'm an afternoon and 1am poster lmao
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Transgender
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
- Horror
- Paranormal
- Supernatural
- Biblical
- Sci Fi
- World War I II
- Roman / Greek
- 80s / 90s
- Romance
- Occult
Kailynne J. Lloyd
tumblr_m5kgqecn3c1r8pueto1_500.jpg

It was a brand new day and Kallie was ready to crawl into bed and curl up with a pillow to let herself sleep off this giant bruise feeling she'd gained from her last mission. Her eyes were sore from the contacts though the feeling was fading now that she wore one of her many pairs of glasses. Usually she would let nothing get in her way when it came to taking some downtime and catching some Z's before picking up her next job.

This time was different.

Bruce Banner, Joshua Donovan, and James Barnes were the newest to a long list of what the Secretary of State believed were "problem agents". A barely above a whisper snort left the redhead as she went to her office, keys in hand, and unlocked the cabinet that Error had fixed up for her.
f6132efb0479ea6d908891c75015ef79.gif

So far no one had managed to break into it to get to the files within, and Kallie was beyond grateful for that since it allowed her work to stay in the secrecy she wanted it in. Everyone had their own ideals on how Kallie managed to whip the worst of the worst into shape, yet so far no one had figured out that she just let them heal on their own while being there if they needed her.

"Think anyone will catch onto it, Jackaboy?" She spoke up, her voice hoarse from disuse as she looked down at the beloved German Shepard that was resting by her desk. Grabbing the files for the three agents, she shut and locked the cabinet again. Jack had perked up and it took all of three seconds of those big puppy eyes to make her sigh, "Come on then, mister. I guess they'll have to meet you eventually anyway." Keeping the files cradled in one hand, Kallie let Jack out of the office and followed behind, the heavy wooden door closing behind her and locking. Taking a few seconds, she grabbed the tea that was left in the regular spot just outside of her office. "Thanks DD!"

f642e8ea2d32d925daee68ee7a63282a.jpg

Her thanks was responded to with an echoing 'you're welcome!' from the room behind the counter. She really should make sure DD got a great Christmas present since she always made sure her tea was ready and waiting for her after a rough job. Would a mug or a bracelet be better? Perhaps a specially made mix of cocoa? "Kallie! You're back! I thought you'd take the day off? Rest and all," Clint's voice caught her attention and she paused in walking down to the gym, leaning back on her heels as she arched a brow at the far to innocent to be innocent look her mentor was giving her. "It's only a couple hours of work for the first day, you know that. I figured I'd get the extra hours in then crash beneath my desk. You know how I like the hobo style. Thanks for watching after Jack for me though."

"No problem. You know the kids love em. But seriously, Jojo, you need some rest. I mean, this group isn't exactly like your usual agents..." "I think I'll be fine." "I'm serious, Kallie. You're dealing with some split second tempers in there..."

"It's not the first time I've been around Doctor Banner. Mister Donovan is new, so I'll have to get used to him. As for the one I'm assuming you're actually worried about...Barnes is someone I think is best in my care than in any of the others that work here, don't you? After all, everyone blames the person holding the gun until the gun is another person. I'd think you would understand that considering everything that happened in New York."

eyebrows_01.gif

Was it a low hit to bring up his time spent under Loki's control? Absolutely. But Kallie turned to start walking again as they spoke, glancing up at the older man while waiting for his response. It wasn't the nicest way of making a point but she was already sick of the way everyone continuously deemed James, or as Steve called him, Bucky, as a weapon meant to be taken control of again for their safety. He was as human as she was and considering the brief debriefing she'd had about him, she wasn't going to consider him as anything other than a person who needs to be helped back onto his feet, like every other agent that walked through her door. If she turned out to be wrong...well...it was her funeral.

"Just be careful Kallie. Please."

"Always am, sweetheart. Now go bug Nat so she doesn't drive Sammy up the wall." The agent smiled reassuringly to her mentor as he opened the door for her and Jack, the pup walking in first before she followed afterwards. Clint didn't look any happier about their talk, but the door shutting behind her and the lack of sensing someone behind her helped her relax. At least he trusted her to make this call."Sorry for being sort of late, boys. I just got back from France...how are you all?" Time to get to work.

Doctor Bruce Banner
e805dee690cc0e1dda26edc741fd942a.jpg

Somehow he wasn't surprised by all of this. Bruce wouldn't think he'd end up in some sort of training, but he knew that SHIELD wouldn't just let him go again. They had been watching him for who knew how long and he was...him. He was the Hulk, as much as he hated that, and there was no way they'd let him walk away. He'd heard the way some of the others talked about them, about him and Thor, how they were like a couple of nukes that shouldn't be walking around without surveillance. While the enforced training wasn't a surprise, the trainer was.

Bruce hesitated in answering, confusion clouding his expression when he realized the tiny woman he'd seen lounging in Tony's house a couple of months ago was now going to apparently not only train him, but the Winter Soldier and the other young man that was with them. "Miss Lloyd?" The surprise in his tone shined through easily and he knew that considering the smile she gave him as she set her tea down on the table that was up against the wall. "It's nice to see you again, Doctor Banner. Please, call me Kallie. You haven't answered my question though...how are you?"She was speaking as if this was just some sort of run in, like she wasn't here to make sure he obeyed the orders given by SHIELD and Bruce couldn't help but feel his confusion double.

He didn't know her enough to say it was out of character, but it certainly didn't fit what he believed this training was going to be like. The suggestion that this was mandatory because they wanted him to do as they said when they said didn't line up with Kallie being the trainer. She was kind and caring, he'd seen her take a chunk of Tony's money to donate to multiple charities, claiming to be stealing it from him when Bruce had overheard the quick exchange of 'Make sure to include the Orphanage, Robin Hood.' 'Yes, I know Tony. I've got it first on the list.' between the two. As he watched her set down the files and turn to them he finally answered, "At the moment I'm more confused than anything. What are you doing here?"

"Working. I thought that was obvious. Or did you expect someone to come in here and beat you up until the only words you knew were 'Yes sir'?" Kallie gave a half hearted salute before crossing her arms, her gaze moving from him to the other two. "I'm not here to make you into what they want. An agent is nothing if they can't think for themselves, and enforcing the idea that you'll have to use your abilities, whatever they may be, to be successful as an agent of SHIELD is, quite frankly, a load of bullshit in my opinion. Butthat's not something that needs to leave this room because I can only challenge the politicians occasionally before they get angry, you know?"

A part of Bruce was a tad bit too sure that this was reality instead of hopeful thinking presenting itself in a dream. Everything was too real to be a dream and while that was a comfort it also made him question how Kallie of all people helped some of the worst people become some of the best agents. "Then what are we here for?" "To heal or simply to find a balance. It depends on the person, really. I've had broken agents walk out of here ready to take on anything, and then there are those that are optimistic yet too stressed...everyone has their own baggage. I just try to help them carry it until they're back on their feet again while also allowing them to train. Technically, if someone was trying to actually label what we do in here, it's basically free time to do whatever. To talk, meditate, train...I had one agent that danced for the first hour of the session before she was ready to do anything else. I'm here for you, not for them, and I'm not going to try and change any of you so you meet their expectations."

"Long story short...if you don't want to use your abilities, don't. If you don't want to do what they want you to do, then don't. Agent or not, you have a right to say no and I refuse to assist in taking that away from any of you." It was nice to know there were some people that worked for SHIELD that thought that way. Bruce could feel the tension leave his shoulders as Kallie spoke, relaxing with each word as he realized she wasn't going to force him to try and learn how to control the Hulk. That she wasn't going to force him to turn into the other guy. Though she hadn't said it out right, he knew what this was now and he was thankful that Kallie had somehow managed to keep this under the noses of the higher ups. Then again, it was Fury that enrolled him here...it was entirely possible that the Director knew what Kallie was doing. "Any questions?"

Bruce didn't know how to respond to that. He had multiple but none at the same time. If they didn't have to train, what else could they do? It sounded like pretty much anything was game, especially since meditation and dancing was on the list...maybe he should try the meditation? Focus more on controlling his anger while Kallie worked on the others. The others were mostly around Kallie's approach to this and how she managed to avoid having others questioning her work. He'd wait until after the session to ask, instead deciding to leave whatever other questions that could come up to Barnes and Donovan. That in mind he looked to them to see how they had reacted to everything Kallie had to say.

Last edited:
tumblr_m9wlc313Ze1qim2ju.gif

No matter how hard Josh tried to wake up with a positive mental attitude, it wouldn't ever stick. Something would come over and punch him in the dick. He sat in Starbucks, hat covering his miserable face. His phone was bleeping with a little reminder he had been taken out of his regular "Training" to attend something for people like him. He rolled his eyes. Surely they knew what they were signing up for? Josh's career started when he was dragged into the academy, kicking and screaming. Literally.

It hadn't taken them long to realize Josh was going to be problematic. He hadn't been there long, but his file had a nice list of 'incidents.' Kicking Agent Coulson in the shin, turning up drunk to training, refusing to even try to channel his ability for a test. There was a page in his file about his insistent eye rolling, Tony was jealous. He was a walking irritation. Josh sipped his coffee, delaying his new training as much as he could. He watched the seconds turn into minutes, slowly dragging himself to his new group.

"Sorry I'm late, I didn't want to come." Josh said, realizing he was in a room of two people. He stopped mid walk, feeling the glare on his back, "Jeez, tough crowd." He mumbled. He positioned himself in the corner, sitting on the floor, where he felt most comfortable. Now was his chance to see who his new pals were.

The hulk. Great, the big green monster that thrives on emotion. Josh wasn't going near him. Although, he had seen him around, such a brooding man. Josh didn't want to stare, so he quickly switched his eyes to the other man, who was also hiding under his hat. Now Josh could control his ability, but this man radiated negative emotion. He looked more miserable than the both of them. Josh almost felt bad for him, like he had been through so much.

Before he could say something, another person joined. A really pretty lady he didn't recognize. He watched the exchange between the doctor and the woman. He watched her, coming to realize she was one of the agents here. A trainer. Josh hadn't seen her anywhere, so he was just as confused as Bruce looked. She explained she was here to make them feel better? Was this family therapy? Josh never rolled his eyes so hard. He knew he had baggage the size of two dead parents, and more, he didn't need a shrink to remind him.

When she asked if there were any questions, Josh frowned, "Okay..." He processed what he had been told. Neither of the older men were willing to speak, Josh saw it as a ripe opportunity to whine. "Yeah, I'm kinda not here for the whole therapy thing." He started, looking up at her, "I've tried it and it's not exactly worth the money." He said bluntly. Josh leaned against the wall, knowing that this girl wasn't gonna let him go that easy.

tumblr_inline_oamge3dk7G1t33m3b_500.gif

Of course this was his life now. Bucky remembered everything, and now he was here. He had been sitting silently in the room for a good hour before he was meant to, but he just needed some time to relax before he started training again. It was been crazy for a while now, he was trying to come to terms with the whole thing. But it was getting a tiny bit easier day by day. He was just lucky he was with Steve again. Steve was probably the only person he trusted at the moment, and nobody blamed him.

When Bruce entered the room, Bucky just gave him small smile of recognition, then went back to his silence. The two briefly met, but under surveillance. He was being treated like a nuke that was being carried on a toy truck. Everyone watched him nervously, like he was ready to kill at any moment. So it was probably best James didn't say anything. He wanted to get through this day, that was all.

The second man waltzed in, trying to make a joke. James just stared. Although it was refreshing not to have somebody be intimidated by him at first sight, but that was probably because this kid had no idea who he was. The joke was annoying though. The guy radiated irritation. Bucky could see he hadn't made the connection between himself and the Winter Soldier. But that probably wasn't for long.

Once the third person entered, Bucky was already feeling worn out by just being in that room. It was obvious he was a problem, and so was Bruce. Not so much the boy in the corner, even less so the girl. But she and Banner had an exchange that made him think differently.

Barnes wasn't sure if this was a good idea or not. As a soldier, he understood why people were whipped into shape, but the idea of relaxing didn't sound awful to him. Or was this a crazy idea? The guy seemed to think so. His whining made James huff, knowing whatever he said wouldn't change much. "We're here for a reason." James said, staring at Josh. He wasn't sure whether he liked that reason, but he kind of had to go along with it. For now.​

• Love
Reactions: Foxy
[fieldbox="Kailynne J. Lloyd, hotpink, dashed, 10"]
There was a moment where Kallie hesitated, not at all annoyed with Joshua's outburst. She'd had worse. He was practically pleasant by her standards and no where near as irritating as Wade could get. Wilson would probably love to point that out too. The thought made her lips quirk into an almost smile but she quickly brushed away her amusement. There was a tension in the room that she could feel from the moment she stepped in here, it was likely why Jack was still sitting by her, staring down the others like he could burn a hole in them. The whining wasn't exactly appreciated, but before she'd managed to form a response, James spoke up. It wasn't much, but it was revealing nonetheless. It was also enough to push her to be a bit more up front about why these three were here.

"I'm not going to stop you from walking out, Donovan. It just means you'd be placed with Natasha and Rogers as trainers instead. Which isn't so bad, but I doubt you'd take a right hook from Cap very well. You three are here for a reason, though it isn't because of the Secretary of State...at least not for the reasons he wants. The Director of SHIELD does still have some say in what their agents do. Doctor Banner is here because Natasha says he needs work on fighting hand to hand. Sergeant Barnes is here because Steve needs someone else to say a basic fuck you to the people that are wrongly thinking he's a walking time bomb. Sort of happens when the higher ups forget we're people, not tools." There was more to that, but Kallie wasn't about to reveal every last reason James had been put here unless he wanted her to. The soldier was here to recover and to eventually regain his spot by Steve on the field if she was reading the Captain's hopes correctly.

"As for you, Mister Donovan, you're here because the Director asked you to be. Not because you decided to kick him, but because the Secretary of State had you dragged in here in the first place. If they went out of their way to bring you here, they're not going to let you walk out the door. Director Coulson thought it would be a little less...troublesome to have you here instead of letting the government do what they want to a mutant not under the usual protection of SHIELD. Trust me when I say you don't want them getting their hands on you when you don't have the title of Agent attached to your name. They're not exactly kind when they want something that you won't give." She had learned that when she first started out, before Clint and Natasha convinced Fury to let them teach her. The government, the agendas that she had come across, it was far to clear to see the similarities between Hydra and the people she worked with now.

"However, if you really don't like the way they brought you here, I'd suggest less whining and more observation. Use the system, study it, memorize it, and crush it. It's really not that difficult if you put the thought into it." Which Error had. Repeatedly. Kallie had been tempted more than once to bring the higher ups down to the level they truly were on, but she had left it be. She happened to like her life as it was now. [/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Doctor Bruce Banner, purple, dashed, 10"]
"You've put thought into it?" He couldn't help the question, a small smile curving his lips. It was interesting and Kallie, while she had shown her kindness, seemed to have her own secrets lurking around. Bruce had crossed his arms as she met his gaze and the grin she gave him was both heart warming and chilling at the same time. "Oh definitely. I just haven't been given enough reason to go back on the run again. So I stick to pissing off the big guys by doing things they don't like and explaining why it's the best thing to do. Plus Tony asked me to be on my best behavior...sort of. So, you know. Gotta hold myself to that." How had this girl ended up in SHIELD? Much less one of the best? Bruce could see why she was the best, it was clear in the way she spoke and how she was dealing with them now. She'd put him at ease without a problem, she was dealing with the youngest of them without getting frustrated or upset by his complaining, and, from what he could tell, she wasn't alienating the Winter Soldier like he'd seen so many people do.

"Now that that lovely chat is over, Doctor Banner could you do me a favor?" A favor? His brows drew down in confusion and his head tilted slightly as he waited for further explanation. When he didn't get it he hesitantly gave his answer, "Sure?" He was uncertain of what Kallie could possibly need. But it was the first day of these sessions so he was going to go along with it. "Could you babysit Mister Donovan for a bit. I'd like to talk to Sergeant Barnes alone for a few minutes. I have to do the same with Donovan next, and you as the last. That, depending on how you three feel, will likely be the end of the sessions today." Bruce couldn't blame Kallie for saying this was similar to therapy, it sounded like today was going to be mostly talking, which was fine with him. He wasn't looking forward to when he eventually had to work on hand to hand combat, because Natasha did have a point, but at least it seemed as though he was free from that possibility for a while longer.

"Anywhere in particular you would like us to stay?" "As long as you come back in thirty or so minutes, we're good." Warning sign number one. She was going to start in on the difficult questions then, at least the starting off difficult questions. "Alright then. Mister Donovan?" Bruce had walked over to the door and turned to the young man leaning against the wall, "Ready to go?" At least Kallie was giving him a significant amount of time to think up a few lies, or at least ways to twist the truth before she started asking him questions. Her main focus seemed to be James, which Bruce was both thankful and sympathetic for. But if anyone actually needed the therapeutic side to this training, it was Bucky. It wasn't like he could tell Cap everything, with Kallie there was no prior knowledge and while that meant trust needed to be built, there was less room for too many emotions to get tangled up.

When Bruce stepped out into the hallway he noticed Clint flirting with the girl at the desk and smiled. "Can't stay too far away?" He asked, walking over to the man while waiting to see if Donovan would come along. He positioned himself in just the right spot to make sure the man wouldn't bolt - he was sure that was a possibility - and waited. "She's like my little sister, Bruce. I can't just switch off all the worry that comes up when she gets a new batch of problematic agents. Not that you or Donovan really worry me." "Barnes is a good guy, you know. I don't know much about him, but he was decent when we spoke briefly before." "Yeah," Clint sighed, "But he managed to wreck SHIELD in just a few days and take down Fury...Kallie may be one of the best, but it doesn't change anything." Bruce would like to say he understood, but he rarely let people get so close to him. Maybe he should open up a bit to Kallie about that. This feeling of knowing someone yet feeling like a stranger while standing next to them was getting difficult to deal with. [/fieldbox]

tumblr_m9wlc313Ze1qim2ju.gif

It was a little threatening that Kallie was calm. Josh sucked in his cheeks, realizing he should internalize his whining more often. But he still stood by what he said. He didn't want to be here, doing any of it. Even if that was nothing. He was against the whole program. Josh looked away, folding his arms like a bratty child. He zoned out a little as he pouted, not really listening to what she was saying to the other men. Deep down he knew he spoke too early, but he also stood by his opinions and liked to project them.

When she directed her speech at him, Josh looked up, a hint of regret in his face. Although he did smirk at the memory of Coulson's face. Man what a picture. In fact, Kallie made a point Josh hadn't considered, the government. Man, he didn't want to choose between the shiniest of two shits but, at least SHIELD weren't gonna destroy him even more so. Josh shrugged nonchalantly, this was already getting too therapy-like, but maybe he'd shut the fuck up for now.

She did suggest vaguely to crush the system, that made Josh listen closer, he frowned. Wasn't she a part of it? Although, he did make a note that if he tried and it went horribly wrong he'd just blame her. "Sorry, I'm just not a fan of group therapy." He said bluntly, sort of apologizing, sort of making sure she knew he still wasn't that open-minded yet. Although she seemed to be on his side, Josh wasn't gonna ignore that. He chuckled when she said she thought about it herself, "Haven't we all?" Josh grinned up at her, then to Bruce. He glossed over the other man, James, who was quiet since his last sentence. The smile didn't last long when Kallie suggested he needed babysitting. Well, he did, but that was one of the more offensive terms for it. "Really?" He muttered, pouting again.

"Sure." He said, no enthusiasm, but he couldn't help that flirty grin on his face. When he wasn't being antagonized, Josh flirted with everything that breathed. Even girls, despite his homosexuality. Kallie would definitely have to face it soon, James later down the line. In the firing line right now was Bruce, and Josh wasn't even trying. "Yes, Doctor Banner." His facial expressions relaxed as he stood up, making his way to follow the taller man.

Josh awkwardly stood next to Bruce mid conversation. He looked down the corridor, considering slipping away. But Bruce probably would grab him before his feet took off. Instead he had to listen to the conversation that he wasn't part of. At one point Josh nodded at Clint, who gave him recognition. Josh had spoken to him before, they definitely had a laugh, but he wasn't sure if Clint recognized him.

This was the time when he made the connection between James and the Winter Soldier. "Wait is that- Ohh." Josh made a face, confused and shocked. "He seems like a normal guy." He added on, now wondering why there was such a fear of him. He looked like a regular man, nothing to be scared of. Although, Josh did feel a bit intimidated to go back into the room, "Also, I am a worry. I once kicked a man in the shin." He smirked, joking about the whole situation.

tumblr_inline_oamge3dk7G1t33m3b_500.gif

James watched the interaction, seeing Josh become a little more humble, and a little more open minded. He too felt the same. The program outright banned privacy for James. So to be told this training was to gain some of that back, it was quite a good feeling. He shifted, body relaxing just a little. Although, he couldn't help being on edge constantly. Having no alone time isn't easy. The army should of prepared him for such publicity, but it was nothing compared to having a camera on your back like you were a ticking time bomb.

When she mentioned him, he peered up, looking at her as she spoke. Then he looked at Bruce, who also looked like he was agreeing with the program. He did see how they were similar - Both dangerously close to chaos at most times, controlled by outside forces. It was good to see he wasn't the only one. Except they trusted Bruce. Bucky let out his first smile of the day as Kallie said Josh had kicked him. What a little shit. It was another exchange that made him relax. He slid backwards, relaxing his back against the chair. It was nice to not have that many eyes on him. Everybody was more focused on what Kallie was explaining to them.

"It's harder than you think." He commented with a light smile. Authority was always something you needed to respect, especially if there was a gun to your head. The army had taught him that one. But it was quite amusing to imagine the two soft looking Agents taking down SHIELD. He could see that Kallie wasn't soft, but she was short and sweet looking. Josh had a soft looking face too. Bucky wasn't sure where either of them fitted into SHIELD. Did they have abilities? Or where they just exceptional at something? He picked up on the fact Josh was a mutant, he was less sure of Kallie. She looked like she went into combat, but nothing gave any hints to what she did.

Bucky wondered what the favour was, he watched Bruce for a reaction. There was a mention one a one to one chat. It made him feel a little suspicious. He had no idea what Kallie was even going to try asking him. And if it was a cover for an interrogation session he'd just leave. He remained cautious, but nodded at the two men who left the room. Josh nodded back, which made him feel a little more at ease with the odd character.

The door closed, and James looked back at Kallie with a more serious expression, "If this is some sort of interrogation wrapped up in cotton wool, there is really nothing else I can tell you." He said bluntly, folding his arms as he looked at Kallie. She seemed genuine enough, especially in her words to Josh, so it did cross his mind that she was just doing her job. But SHIELD had obviously planted a big seed of doubt into him. He swallowed, looking up to her. "You must have every word I've said printed out in that file." He nodded over to the papers on the desk. Even though his was the same size as everyone elses there, his was a lot of transcripts, rather than documented cases of shin-kicking.​

Status
Not open for further replies.