Another Horizon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this still open?
I don't know how many slots are taken, but this is what Erode said.
Alright, you know what? Due to the amount of people interested....@Jakers

Sign ups will close on Friday. Those who don't make the cut, or meet standards of quality, will be allowed to try again after someone who is accepted gets their character culled. Nine spots will be available max.

@Skyswimsky K, first off...teached should be taught. I'm not really understanding what you mean about this

Also, in regards to her Collapsing Dream, note that it will only weaken things like trees and shizz. So small plants and animals and infants will die, but it won't kill everything. Also, soil doesn't actually have 'life', meaning that no, the environment won't become dead land for a long time. Her counterstrike Sword Skill will not work if she doesn't have the strength to match the attack she's trying to freeze. Unless you want to go in the angle that she CAN stop any attack, but will have to dip into her lifeforce or something in order to get all the energy required to stop it?
Right, teached, taught, thank you. One day I shall not forget that 'teached' does not exist in english, keep it up! I changed Collapsing Dream with the trees (one day you goddamn trees, one day!). And I am no except on the subjects in regards to soil, but if plants and shit can grow on it doesn't that imply there is something to sustain life? I refuse to believe that it is as simply as rain coming down and roots absorbing shit in return, I mean, there's a reason why there are no forests in the desert. And if it is, it would absorb moisture or whatever too, making the ground dried-out, no? Also it should go without saying the skill is more powerful the more stuff gets absorbed(mass of humans?), you want me to elaborate on how the attack is executed as well? I mean that is pretty much the reason she rather refrains from using that skill.

Regarding Ice Banisher I made edits, using your lifeforce is, even with you as the GM, too convenient and bail-out-ish I do believe though being a countermove by default it is possible to stop attacks above her "power-level"(130%~ish?) and at least weaken the really stronger attacks?

Skys, soil contains vital nutrients and minerals that a plant requires to live. It is no more alive than the beef in your burger.

Well, it looks like over nine char. sheets have been made soooo I don't really have a chance of getting in now really, unless @ERode is feeling really kind.

Well, it looks like over nine char. sheets have been made soooo I don't really have a chance of getting in now really, unless @ERode is feeling really kind.
"Those who don't make the cut, or meet standards of quality, will be allowed to try again after someone who is accepted gets their character culled." So if you want I suppose you could follow it and see what happens.

"Those who don't make the cut, or meet standards of quality, will be allowed to try again after someone who is accepted gets their character culled." So if you want I suppose you could follow it and see what happens.
Best I can do, I suppose.

@Jakers
Lived on one of the islands of the Archipelago that was all sand and tropical shenanigans, highly dependent on tourism to keep itself going. Due to that (and because everyone went around half-naked), emphasis was put on physical conditioning early on in people's lives. Literally an island full of fit, good-looking people with dancing skills.
When the wars happened though, everyone became a poorfag, because, lo and behold, people aren't going to be tourists when they're scared for their lives.
His father lost his right eye and hand not to enemy soldiers, but to a rift-beast, and thus, during that whole period, most of the islanders went sailing instead, under the rationale that the rift-beasts couldn't swim. The war raged on, but ultimately, those of the Archipelago were fine.
When they came back, their home had been rekt into little bits by what must have been scumbag rift-beasts coming and going. That's another reason why he left. There literally WASN'T anything there for him.
During Astopol travels and trainings, he met an individual by the name of Aiv near the wastelands, who occasionally mocked his lack of strength and sparred with him. It was from him that he gained the Sword Skill that would eventually develop into Flying Drill Fist.
His ability to resonate with Talentium was fairly minimal, but, despite how small that initial buff was, it felt like he never stopped growing stronger. And thus, yadda yada, he moved to Dansila in order to search for monster-hunting, because that's literally the only place that doesn't have a dedicated military in dealing with rift-beasts.

@Asuras
Born to a vampire noble, who had always been fairly generous to the humans under his custody, keeping them happy and such in his castle.
Raela was fed on a daily basis, to keep up her strength as she was educated in the ways of a powerful vampire. Was taught a lot about blood and soul magic, but was revealed to be exceptionally talented in mental magics instead.
Was relatively sheltered during the war, and, as part of his humanitarian duties, the vampire noble did his best to turn his castle into a place of refuge for those wanting a safe place from the war. Lots still ended up dying in that overcrowded place, unfortunately enough.
After the fall of Talze Utera, they had to go into hiding, and all the surviving refugees chose to come along, because they wanted to be shielded from the collateral damage. Things were harder still, and more of them disappeared, gave up, or died as they travelled to a new safe place.
Eventually, Raela and her daddy settled in a mountain fortress thingy, giving them some degree of safety. Father had to leave occasionally, not returning for days, but he would always return, a little haggard, but totes chill.
Then knights find out, and, in order to protect her, he sends Raela away. Still a dangerous journey for her though, and she was pursued and almost caught more than just a few times.
Thankfully, she stayed alive, and found solace in Dansila, first find temporary stay in the boarding house of Gael Ericsson, and then going academy modu.

@Psyker Landshark
Merchant family was pretty hardcore, trying to become the richest, with a habit of showing off their wealth as well. Five estates, three islands, and 300 Spartan servants were employed by the family, who dealt in all kinds of trade.
Lots of nasty rumors about the source of their wealth as well, but being the fourth wealthiest sorta means that it's always going to be a thing.
Alexa bullied in school because of that, but cool as fuck Biology prof stepped in…and taught her not to take shit from anyone. Talk shit? Get hit. That's where she was introduced to martial arts and swordfighting.
She took lessons under the Bio prof's son, Lucis Courtright, and eventually found that, holy shit, it's pretty damn cool!
Got into a proper academy for sword bros after that, and graduated with honors, third in her class. Parents decided that having a combat kid wasn't bad either, and pushed her towards a teaching degree, so she could teach maids hao2fight.
Alexa did her wandering shenanigans instead, and eventually decided to pick a fight with random slavers going after one of her Dansila-school friends. Pretty much up and rekt those mob fools.

@Voltin
As a baby, Ashe could remember lots of loud noises in the background.
As a toddler, Ashe's father sold the location of the village out to the Coalition's armies, and in return, got cash-money and a free ticket to the Archipelago.
As a child, she lived in a semi-decent Illiserevian orphanage, funded by the Granville Company as part of a marketing scheme during post-war recovery stuff.
It was noticed that she was rather bright for her age, so was sent to a Dansilan school instead of an Illiserevian one.
Lived in Gael Ericsson's boarding house while learning her shit from there, and making a bunch of friends like a normal child.
When the runetech revolution got underway, she had the pleasure of attending a lecture by one of the pioneers and funders of the whole shebang, Escellar Aruivantes, a swashbuckling fellow with a badass eyepatch.
Escellar was always up for giving enthusiastic kids chances, and offered Ashe an opportunity to visit their labs a few times.
From there on, she learned and climbed, until she became the runetechy she is today.

@Azathoth
Had a relatively lonely childhood, surrounded by estate walls and the education of a future knight.
When war came, it was the Empire that fired the first shot, which was why the Raske family couldn't really evacuate their women. Most of the servants and staff were killed, but hey, who cared about that? Lainad's mom is so much more important!
Instead of falling into depression, Ardan kept up a brave front, dedicated his sword to fighting for the future of his wife's children, and lied to them about how their mother was fighting on another front.
When the Rift-Beasts appeared and the Coalition declared war on Talze Utera, Ardan was one of the first to take part in the extermination. He distinguished himself there, and, while not one of the first to wield the Allis Blades, did receive a Talentium weapon.
As things fell towards peace, he found a new, proper home, and taught Lainad how to be a man. The first doctrine was the motto of the Astopolian Military: "Glory to the Knights and Death to the Monster."
One day, though, his father left for a long mission in order to hunt down a vampire noble and its spawn...and Lainad was super lonely and sad because of it. q.q
When Lainad grew old enough to join the military…well, that's what he did. Was a squire in the Blue Lances, and received training from Knight Captain Mariwen Keep, the younger sister of the Knight-Commander, Mirelle.
After receiving his Talentium weapon, Mariwen taught him the Lightning Dance style that she employed.
Recently, he was knighted, and has begun his three year journey as an errant knight, to travel the world, help those in need, and shed the light of the Goddess upon unholy places.

@Zombehs
The older warrior couple and their squad were tasked with scrounging the village for survivors, whilst the battalion led by Knight Captain Raske did the actual razing.
Araki still remembers that name as a young man, because he was watching when his parents were killed. EDGE LA EDGE.
Partway through the journey back to Astopol, they sheared off his crystals, and that's where he ate it.
Needless to say, they panicked a bit, before realizing that it was probably just like biting someone's nails and eating that. So they went back to Astopol with the kiddo bundled up.
Though the warrior couple's house was big, it was also super empty when the both of them locked him up in the house and went out. One day, Araki managed to wriggle into his father's library, and found some very…interesting texts.
They were on magic, and, as a child, that was when he started learning about it.
Though his endeavors were hidden at first, it eventually came to light when Araki began magically opening doors and floating around in mid-air. Instead of scold him though, it was decided that he should live with his mother's side of the family. And that side of the family really encouraged him to go to Gael Ericsson's boarding house/school, because it's an amazingly educationally diverse place.
He furthered his magical skills, while being kewl and shit.
As he grew older, he began having trouble sleeping, and thus, has become a wanderer of the night. It was through those night time escapades that he found out about the Dansilan Fight Club, a place that Gael frequented. That was pretty much where he began to develop his defensive sword arts.
After getting a champion title in that Fight Club, Gael decided to splurge and get Araki a pair of bucklers, because they were cheaper than gauntlets.

@Skyswimsky
Family was mid-wealthy BECAUSE they produced lots of good maids and butlers. Ironically enough, had maids and butlers in her own household.
Being a fifth child meant that no one really cared about what she did though, so Aresia was allowed to goof off a lot as a little kid. Became a bit tomboyish that way.
Interestingly enough, excelled at the maid school she attended, especially when it came to actual combat arts. Afterwards, got an internship and, during one of her breaks, was going to come back home to celebrate with her family.
But she came back to see that almost all of her female relatives were killed by a vampire. The vampire had gone missing, and she was given further time off in order to deal with the loss.
Pursued more aggressive Sword Arts in her quest for vengeance, especially when it was revealed that another company, the same that had employed her mother and her two sisters, was attacked by a vampire as well, the CEO killed in a rather dramatic fashion.
It was during that training on the Fire Fist that she encountered a white-haired man by the name of Aiv. He punched some sense into her, about how it was bullshit that she thought she could become so strong that fast, enough to avenge her family, when she couldn't even stay alive herself.
After that, he taught her the ultimate Counter, which she converted into Ice Banisher, before going off.
Calmed down enough to get a job once more, though it's relatively uneventful.
Went off to do da travelling with dat merc and her slut-friend.

@DoughGuy
Had a rather tame childhood. Nothing out of the ordinary and all, though academics were focused on rather hard. Had a whole bunch of friends that he had to say goodbye to after his father dragged him to Dansila though.
Over there, he studied at Gael Ericsson's boarding house school, where he became acquainted with Ashe, who was already railroading towards runeteching then. Introduced his father to Escellar, one of the researchers of this cutting edge tech, and, in exchange for funding, Verek's father got to be one of the first to get an airship.
Business soared afterwards, but sky pirates began to crawl the sky as well.
Verek, after getting dat free Talentium knife, began to bitch at his father about how he needed to protect himself in the future. Probably also a bit jealous because he learned of how Araki, that midget kid in Gael's class, suddenly became a fight club champion.
Got sent to a maid and butler school to learn combat arts, learning how to elegantly utilize the Ice Snake Sword Arts Style. Still got regularly creamed by that psycho fire fist bitch though.
After he was done becoming a badass, was sent back to Dansila, into a university this time, for more runetech stuff! Maybe a girlfriend as well!
Sadly, because he looks like a loser who never goes outside, Verek hasn't gotten a lot of letters from flustered first years yet.

@Click This
Her father was a general…but that was really just him saying that he was a housedad that managed all the combat servants in their home. But at least being a general SOUNDED cool.
Father was killed when he slipped on a banana and cracked his head open, but nothing of value was lost. It was only when her older brother died that the family was definitely fucked.
The family friend that rekt them so hard eventually became one of the three ruling parties, running those companies better than the Covinghalls ever had. They even went out of the way to not enslave Charlotte's younger sister, instead keeping her as a secretary to their eldest son, a fat brat who eats too many melons.
Of course, because that small army got outplayed by Alexa…yeah, the family friend isn't too happy about that disrespect. Thought they haven't made any moves yet, Charlotte felt like something's moving by her bedside window at night, ever since they started chilling out at an Inn in the capital of Dansila.

Here's the extra details for your Bio. Now write it in paragraph form, you no-lifers.

Also, extra points to those who can see how people are intersecting now.

Reactions: Jakers and Asuras
Also, extra points to those who can see how people are intersecting now.
Dansila, land of the weebs.

*Edited in the backstory changes. Also, will 'Aiv' be one of your NPC's, or is he just a temporary character within my backstory?

Last edited by a moderator:
Right, Jakers, here's the thing. Your character is 17. During the rift beast shenanigans, he'd have been 5 or 6. Yup.

Also, he wouldn't have been training with Aiv for too long. More like... He was self training, and then some guy came along and imparted knowledge.

Right, Jakers, here's the thing. Your character is 17. During the rift beast shenanigans, he'd have been 5 or 6. Yup.

Also, he wouldn't have been training with Aiv for too long. More like... He was self training, and then some guy came along and imparted knowledge.
Ah shit. I thought the rift beast shenanigans happened 10 years ago, not 12. 10/10 would look mathematically incapable again.

As for the bit about Aiv, I'll change that as well. Kinda like 'hi here's some knowledge bye' kind of thing, I'm guessing.

*Fixed

That's just Aiv being Aiv and Aiv being a badass. YOU SHOULD FEEL HONOURED TO BE TEACHE- TAUGHT BY AIV.[/caps]

That's just Aiv being Aiv and Aiv being a badass. YOU SHOULD FEEL HONOURED TO BE TEACHE- TAUGHT BY AIV.[/caps]
I'M VERY HONOURED PLZ DON'T ABSORB MY SOUL DDDD:[/fearlife]

(But yeah, backstory is fixed now (I think.))

@ERode, do you mind if I make a new character? I know you've already made the events of my bio and if it would be too much work to do that twice I'll stick with him.

Is the person still going to be from Astopol?

You have till today then. Cause I'm getting the IC up today.

Cause I'm getting the IC up today.
Ooooh, that reminds me! What timezone are you in? I'm in U.K. time myself, and it's 8:30PM here as I make this post. I roughly stop posting at around 12:00AM - 8:00AM.

Status
Not open for further replies.