Another Horizon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I skimmed over it to see if it was something I would like to join, but since its open Im going to read it more thouroughly.

Will read everything and post a CS :]

Just so you're aware, the Int Chek holds my expectations of the RPers and the Index holds a whole bunch of information about the world (but I'm not finished with it yet).

Alright, working on the daughter of a Knight of Astopol who has moved to Dansila to refine her combat skills.

Sounds fine with me. Might want to come up with a reason as to why she'd move to Dansila for training, when Astopol's still the most militaristic of them all.

Sounds fine with me. Might want to come up with a reason as to why she'd move to Dansila for training, when Astopol's still the most militaristic of them all.
Her fighting style wasn't (and isn't) very imaginative, so her father thought that perhaps broadening her world view would have a similar effect on her swordsmanship.

D'aw, what a nice father, paying for travel expenses and shit~

Well she is a teenager. Her family has a tradition of membership in the Knights of Astopol, though they have never held any particular renown or influence, he wants his children (at least one of them) to change that.

Boom, Vamps and Elf articles are up, if anyone's interested.

All you need to do is chop off your ears, remove one of your eyes, get fat, never talk to plants or animals, and then voila, you're just a human!

• Useful
Reactions: Azathoth
This RP looks like a fun read! Generally slicing things up at the speed of sound is my jam, yo.

Because it's full - from what I can tell - would it be okay if I reserved this spot as a substitute for anybody who drops out through the course the RP? If not, I'll probably end up reading the IC for fun anyways; I'm absolutely fine with it either way. 8)

This RP looks like a fun read! Generally slicing things up at the speed of sound is my jam, yo.

Because it's full - from what I can tell - would it be okay if I reserved this spot as a substitute for anybody who drops out through the course the RP? If not, I'll probably end up reading the IC for fun anyways; I'm absolutely fine with it either way. 8)
Well, five players in this RP are going to die if they don't post fast as lightning, so sure, I'll message you whenever a mini-comet falls from space and smites a slow poster.

• Thank You
Reactions: Jakers
Alright, you know what? Due to the amount of people interested....@Jakers

Sign ups will close on Friday. Those who don't make the cut, or meet standards of quality, will be allowed to try again after someone who is accepted gets their character culled. Nine spots will be available max.

"Is there a limit to physical ability? One day, I'll see for myself." -Raiga

Name: Raiga Taisen

Race: Human

Physical Attributes: Raiga is taller than average at 6"2. His body is extremely well-built and muscular, and he weighs around 79kg, which is surprisingly light considering. His torso has multiple scars, and his face also has a scar - both of which are results of training. He has no physical disabilities.
============================================>
Personality: Outside of combat, Raiga is an optimistic and cheerful individual, even if he can be too loud or obnoxious at times. He has a very dedicated and serious personality, and often encourages others to train and do their best. In combat, Raiga is what you call a Beserker - he essentially screams with anger whilst putting all of his power into a series of quick attacks. He's very short tempered, and will often settle things with his fists. He doesn't like it when people are smarmy or unkind to other people, and will generally call people out on it. He won't take shit from anybody, regardless of who they are.

Biography: (Tl;dr warning)

When Raiga was born into the Archipelago, life was a simple form of routine for him. His father, who was a skilled martial artist, taught him some basic training when Raiga was a mere 4 years old. From the ages 0-5, life was generally easy and the islands were unaffected by the shenanigans of the other countries. Raiga's family wasn't exactly rich, but the tourist income of the area allowed them to live with commidities. However, this 'holiday' period within Raiga's life didn't last long.
By the time Raiga was coming up to his 6th birthday, the wars really began to affect his lifestyle, despite the Archipalego being out of the way from most conflict. The tourist-reliant economy collapsed, and soon enough Raiga and his family lived by extremely basic standards. His father was soon sent off to fight in the war because of his martial arts skills, and Raiga lived alone with his mother for a while. Despite his father's absence, Raiga still did his best to train daily, as well as doing daily chores such as collecting + chopping wood, repairing what little was left of his home, and in desperate times, hunting. Although life was hard, this gave Raiga somewhat of an edge to his life, bolstering his physical abilities and learning some survival skills along the road at a very early stage.

Soon, his father was sent back home due to an injury on the field - the loss of a right arm, and the loss of a right eye. Raiga's father told him about a 'terrible beast' that had caused the grave injuries, and Raiga's father soon taught him everything he knew in terms of martial arts so that he could defend himself. Raiga underwent a period of tough training, displincing himself to a point where the only time he wasn't training was in his sleep. However, most of the islanders were soon evacuated to live on the seas, due to the fact that these 'Rift Beasts' were thought to be unable to swim. Even on the small boat, Raiga still found the time to train. By the age of around 11, he was already boasting muscle and surprisingly good fighting ability. He wanted to please his father by becoming strong - or as his young mind once thought - 'the strongest'.
By the time the Archipalego was thought to be safe to dock on once again, Raiga returned to literally nothing. What little was left of his home was now a pile of rubble and useless pieces. The family scavenged what they could, and Raiga developed a hate for these 'Rift Beasts'. Not only had they crippled his father, but now his home had been destroyed. Because there was nothing left for him at the Archipalego, Raiga and his family decided to travel to Astopol, where Raiga would undergo a series of tough training instructed by his father.

Raiga had soon learnt everything his father knew by the time he was 15, and within the period of travels and trainings, Raiga soon met an individual by the name of 'Aiv'. Aiv mocked Raiga for his lack of strength, which soon caused a few quick sparring sessions that boosted Raiga's ability. With the help of Aiv's brief sharing of knowledge, Raiga soon developed his own technique within his martial art: the Flying Drill Fist. After this happened, Aiv soon departed after sharing some of his skills with Raiga. Although it was a short training session, Raiga already felt much more confident in battle thanks to his tips.
With his father and mother in search of a home, Raiga made the decision to depart from his family to follow his own path in life. His family understood, and soon, they were gone from Raiga's life. He was left a gift: Talentium gauntlets, and Talentium heavy armour boots, by his father. Raiga's father told him that these once belonged to himself, but apparently Raiga was 'finally ready to use them'. Whilst Raiga didn't have a natural affinity for Talentium, he found himself growing in strength at a much faster rate, and his martial art became much deadlier.

With the feeling that he'd never stopped growing stronger ever since he equipped the Talentium equipment, Raiga soon departed with Aiv at the age of 17, with his body physically attuned to an incredible state. Deciding Dansila would be the best place for it, Raiga travelled there in search of monster hunts and other tough jobs to hone his skills.
Fears: Hates the idea of paralysis, or being confined or unable to move in any way. Despises the idea of freezing to death, and is therefore uncomfortable in cold environments/icy environments. Fear of swarms of bugs, such as locusts or Mosquitos.
Weaknesses: Can't read or write very well. He isn't brain-dead, but most surpass him in intelligence. Takes most things with a head-on approach rather than planning things. Essentially useless when snared/paralysed. Lacks the tactics and logic others have, which can lead to him taking more damage than he needs to.

Skills: Raiga is a novice at smithing basic things, but he mainly does it as a training program. He knows moderate levels of first aid, has some basic survival skills, and is a surprisingly good cook.
Equipment: Raiga uses no real equipment, and focuses on unarmed combat. He wears a pair of Talentiun heavy armour gauntlets and boots to amplify the power of kicks/punches.
Magic: Very basic control over mud-based terrain. He can make very basic platforms from mud and send small waves of it into people to knock them over. If standing on wet earth, he can 'churn' the ground at his feet to make it more viscous. Also has basic control over sand and dust, and can make a small amount orbit around himself.

Sword Arts: Raiga uses an art style that allows him to have basic control over mud and dust/sand. Whilst he can't actually control hardened earth, he uses mud and dust to weaken a target useless or blind them whilst he follows up with punishing physical blows. It's not a very graceful or appreciated art, but it's impressive and certainly gets the job done.
>Shal-Shareia (Quicksand Churn):
Raiga causes soft, wet earth beneath a target to churn and become viscous, rendering them stuck. Escaping is relatively easy, but it leaves a target vulnerable to being facially reconstructed.

>Aiaeda-Shalla (Sandstorm): Raiga causes dust and sand particles to swirl around him, confusing and blinding nearby targets whilst Raiga kicks from various directions.
>Masata Drek'tai (Mud Tsunami): Causes a large wave of viscous mud to descend upon a target in synchronisation with an aerial drop-kick Raiga performs, slowing and knocking back an enemy by covering them in mud, which will hamper most's combat abilities. This sword art is exhausting and can only be performed in very muddy climates (such as marshes or quagmires).

======================================================>
Sword Skills: Raiga's base martial art consists mainly of quick, punishing blows, usually from kicks or straight punches. His fighting stance is akin to that of Thai Kickboxing, and he's attuned his body in a way that he can punch and kick at incredible speeds, sending enemies flying regardless of their size by hitting weak points, and dealing huge damage even to larger enemies.
>Saritea-Swintai (Raging Flurry): Raiga sends a lethal flurry of kicks at a target's upper body; these kicks are so fast that it's hard to track them, making this attack extremely hard to parry or dodge.

>Sank-Troskesh (Sinking Blow): After a series of jabs, Raiga sends a powerful strike into someone's stomach, making them lose breath and causing them to fly backwards a couple meters, unless they're VERY well armoured.
>Cas'kia (Weapon Catch): Using his gauntlets and agile reflexes, Raiga catches a weapon (or something such a claw) using both his hands, pulls the weapon, then knees the target into the air, followed by a powerful uppercut. Obviously, he can't do this against ranged attacks.

>Mask'aia Dren-Sengai (Flying Drill Fist): Raiga puts all of his power into a vertical uppercut, twisting his body and applying force to a target in a way that the target will fly several meters into the air if the punch connects successfully, regardless of their weight or size. The target will continue to be launched upwards for a long time unless they can prevent it. The sheer force of this punch exhausts Raiga.

It should be noted that Raiga performs most of these moves in synergy with combos consisting of straight punches, hooks, snap kicks and axe-kicks.

======================================================>
Relationships: None for now.
Theme Song: Darude - Sandstorm

Last edited by a moderator:
What's your character idea anyways? Hell.

What's everyone's character ideas? Hoping that there won't be any significant overlaps here.

Psyker's bitch combat maid, as you already know.

What's your character idea anyways? Hell.

What's everyone's character ideas? Hoping that there won't be any significant overlaps here.
Child of a rich Illiserev merchant family that gets sent to Dansila as a teenager to learn economics. Says fuck that and learns Sword Arts instead. Now works as a mercenary in between getting absolutely fucking wasted most of the time.

Child of a rich Illiserev merchant family that gets sent to Dansila as a teenager to learn economics. Says fuck that and learns Sword Arts instead. Now works as a mercenary in between getting absolutely fucking wasted most of the time.
>learn economics
lol, is this your self-insert?

bDPeubJ.jpg

"We draw blood for different reasons, you and I."

[fieldbox="Raela Alymer, #29AB87"]
Race: Vampire
Physical Characteristics: 5'5" & 120 lbs
Personality: Attuned to righting wrongs, Raela is the picturesque humanitarian and do-gooder, ominous as her smile might seem to be. She heavily dislikes bad blood between individuals and parties, and strives to ensure that environments are, while not without issues, at least without negative rivalry and petty disputes. A definite team-player, Raela is highly responsive to requests, though always manages to somehow turn them into favors, inevitably asking for things from people in turn. For all her benevolence, Raela still manages to portray herself as cunning and mischievous, always seeming to have something on her mind that she probably shouldn't.
Biography:
Raela was born the daughter of the Alymer vampire family head, and as such was afforded a rather luxurious and wealthy lifestyle. Still, her father, being a generous and well-intentioned man, ensured she was raised properly with love, care, and discretion. Her young life was not spoiled, fortunately. Being a vampire noble meant she had access to a steady supply of blood, and being taught to treat all other races with kindness, was well-liked by her servants and slaves within the residence. Her father, likewise, was well received by them as well.

Being a vampire, Raela was expected to develop an affinity for blood and soul magicks, though her mentoring had eventually resulted in a recognition of her adeptness with mind-based spells instead. Particular family spells revolving around the tricking of opponent's perceptions were handed down to her, and she took them up quite readily and easily, eventually being declared the sole possessor of said abilities after her uncle (her mentor) perished in the Talze Utera War.

Her home had become a refuge for countless individuals during the war, and though she and her father regularly treated the wounded, scared, and confused, they ultimately could not save everyone.When Talze Utera fell completely, Raela and her father fled to a more secretive location, bringing along refugees as they requested it, and eventually found their way to a mountain citadel. As her father regularly went out on "trips", Raela was left as the primary caretaker and head of the residence for long periods of time.

Eventually their hideout was discovered by Astopolian knights, and her father sent her away to Dansila. Her journey was not met without danger or resistance, however, and on several occasions she had come a hairs width away from being captured and executed by the pursuing knights. Fortunately she made it to Dansila, and enrolled in Academy after staying with a man by the name of Gael Ericsson for some time.

Fears: Being thought of as genuinely mean or bad by someone else, horses
Weaknesses: Pretty transparent; she rarely hides her motives and moreso fails to keep them secret even if she tries
Skills: Making nice with others, fancy weapon maneuvers, historical knowledge

Equipment: Warscythe "Scolo" - Raela's large and formidable Talentium-lined warscythe. Taller than her own height and with a blade wide enough to cut down two men at once, it is suited for outdoors, mid-range combat.
Magic: None
Sword Arts:
Swinging Gaol - Insidious :: One of several techniques of the Swinging Gaol Sword Art branch, taught to Raela by her father. The Insidious technique utilizes a mana stream to effectively mask the "danger" of any object so perfectly, it renders the target practically invisible to opposing eyes. In a sense, the mana creates an aura clinging to the weapon (in this case) that tricks the eyes into thinking that there is "nothing there", or rather, confusing them with an understanding of the object's presence, but offering no revelation as to its true appearance. Enemies and friends alike can sense, for example, that Raela is holding something in her hands (and not that she is simply feigning holding something), but cannot detect that it is her warscythe. All they get is a "feeling" that there is something there.

The sword art briefly fails whenever it comes into contact with something, causing a shimmering effect across the scythe and allowing others to briefly see its form before it returns to practical invisibility. With this nefarious technique, Raela employs a number of flourishes, pulls, and extending actions to keep the opponent guessing as to where exactly the warscythe's blade actually is. In addition, she possesses the skill of throwing her scythe like a boomerang, further adding to her ability to mask the weapon's exact position/presence.
Sword Skills:
Timeless Waning - Infinity :: An utterly exhaustive Sword Skill that effectively renders a weapon temporarily free from the bonds of time. The user becomes planted in place, able only to manipulate their weapon and upper body. Within a theoretically infinite amount of time, the user can hack, slash, and swing as many times as their stamina can handle, striking at a target within range countless times. Given all of her energy is put into "stopping time", no extra strength is bestowed upon her in this Sword Skill, leaving her strikes only as powerful as her natural strength can muster. As the technique ends, time returns to the user, and the effects of their weapon are instantiated.

To an outside viewer, the technique simply seems like the user pulled off countless strikes within an instant, and is thus little more than an execution move.

Relationships:
Theme Song:
[/fieldbox]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Jakers
What's your character idea anyways?
Hmm, well, call me crazy, but I'm actually going for an unarmed combat/magic user. So essentially a punchmage. They originate from the desert, and use sand to confuse and blind enemies whilst he essentially kicks the shit out of them. I'm debating adding something that lets him use sand like armour whilst he's in combat, but I don't want him to be a Gaara clone and/or be too overpowered.

He wears a pair of heavy armour gauntlets and heavy armour boots though; so he can block weak strikes and even catch swords, and he packs quite a punch. His personality is easily-angered and he pretty much goes beserk in battle, but is vice versa outside of battle.

I'm not fully decided though, since an unarmed combat user might be unrealistic to this RP and would probably die in the first couple of seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.