Another Horizon: Swords, Magic, and Anime Physics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I have a question too...would it be considered too much of a stretch if one of our characters had more than one Talentium item? I'm toying around with some details for my character and just wondering if I should go in another direction... What I'm thinking, is maybe having a set of Talentium but they both perform the same way, like for example a piece of Talentium that was built into a pair of shoes or gloves?
Yeah, that's fine. It's been done before, so I have no problems with it happening again.

That being said, Talentium all sorta function the same way. They're amplifiers. It's the user that determines what they do with it.

Can a goldfish walk on land? No.

So much sarcasm x3 love it.

I'm almost done with redoing my character, just wanting to ask, is it possible for someone to use will in order to strengthen their armor's durability or is will limited solely to physical ability?

So much sarcasm x3 love it.

I'm almost done with redoing my character, just wanting to ask, is it possible for someone to use will in order to strengthen their armor's durability or is will limited solely to physical ability?
You'd strengthen yourself, not your armor.

Name: Atlas Del Nord
Quote: "I only steal what I can't afford"
Age: 24 (Actual age would be 35, counting the 11 years he had been 'dead')
Title: "Betrayer" "White Tiger" "Witches familiar" "Thief"

These past few years Atlas has been living what most people would call a 'blur'. Right up to the moment he was wandering the desert planes, working under an air vessel manned by a crew of pirates, and (currently) living in the slums of Illiserev. There's one thing constant about him though and that's his continuous travels. Moving from one place to another, most of the time penniless and yet that doesn't seem to bother him as much as any normal human being should. After all he only steals what he needs to survive and food was of abundance around every street vendor.

As for his past, there's a reason why he hasn't touched upon that subject for a number of years. But to save you all the angst and unnecessary filler, the short and sweet explanation is that Atlas fucked up. Very, very badly. With one of the most powerful witches of that time no less. And in the end he was cursed to live forever. Now to some 'living forever' sounds like a pretty good deal but in this case actual experience defeats baseless fantasies. Especially when you wake up and discover that the entire world had jumped 11 years into the future without you.

Now the only chance he's got to properly dying is to find the descendant of said witch and have the curse lifted. Since as long as her blood line, no matter how impure, lives on he will remain essentially trapped in time. And even if he does find a descendant there's no telling if they will be a male or female. The latter he is hoping on the most since only a witch can communicate with the spirits that will keep reviving his dead corpse. But since the last time he crossed beyond deaths door it had taken him 11 years to awaken, Atlas is in no position to take that risk again.

There's also the possibility that said descendant will just tell him to 'Fuck off' or figures out that he's in all intents and purposes, a slave to the family line until given permission to die. And so far the only solution he has for that predicament is: "I'll deal with it when I get there"

Now onto looks. If there was one word Atlas has heard used in nearly every context concerning his appearance it would be 'exotic'. Maybe now it was but give or take a decade ago there was a race of humans with identical features living in the desert planes. Those areas have now been considered danger zones with high levels of Rift-Beast activity, so when he discovered that desert nomads were now near non-existence he wasn't all that surprised. Apart from the occasional prejudice, strange rumors, and easy-to-avoid slave hunters, nothing has hindered him too badly.

Currently however he's gotten a bit of makeover from his previous past appearance. A very long time ago he had kept his white hair long, more protection against the sand littered air and light enough to not bake him in the heat of the desert sun. Now it was no longer practical and so Atlas opted for a trim, cut by a rusty knife that may or may not have been used to scrape off barnacles. His tan complexion is of course ever present along with the molten gold irises that glinted like sand dunes under the afternoon light.

Bilal.Asad.Ithnan.Faranbald.600.315453.jpg

I have one more question, cause my original idea won't work with the universe. But could a Talentium arrow be done in such a way that after you shoot it you could use a skill to change its fight path, make it return, pierce walls, etc, or would it need to be a talentium bow to do that

Name: Atlas Del Nord
Quote: "I only steal what I can't afford"
Age: 24 (Actual age would be 35, counting the 11 years he had been 'dead')
Title: "Betrayer" "White Tiger" "Witches familiar" "Thief"

These past few years Atlas has been living what most people would call a 'blur'. Right up to the moment he was wandering the desert planes, working under an air vessel manned by a crew of pirates, and (currently) living in the slums of Illiserev. There's one thing constant about him though and that's his continuous travels. Moving from one place to another, most of the time penniless and yet that doesn't seem to bother him as much as any normal human being should. After all he only steals what he needs to survive and food was of abundance around every street vendor.

As for his past, there's a reason why he hasn't touched upon that subject for a number of years. But to save you all the angst and unnecessary filler, the short and sweet explanation is that Atlas fucked up. Very, very badly. With one of the most powerful witches of that time no less. And in the end he was cursed to live forever. Now to some 'living forever' sounds like a pretty good deal but in this case actual experience defeats baseless fantasies. Especially when you wake up and discover that the entire world had jumped 11 years into the future without you.

Now the only chance he's got to properly dying is to find the descendant of said witch and have the curse lifted. Since as long as her blood line, no matter how impure, lives on he will remain essentially trapped in time. And even if he does find a descendant there's no telling if they will be a male or female. The latter he is hoping on the most since only a witch can communicate with the spirits that will keep reviving his dead corpse. But since the last time he crossed beyond deaths door it had taken him 11 years to awaken, Atlas is in no position to take that risk again.

There's also the possibility that said descendant will just tell him to 'Fuck off' or figures out that he's in all intents and purposes, a slave to the family line until given permission to die. And so far the only solution he has for that predicament is: "I'll deal with it when I get there"

Now onto looks. If there was one word Atlas has heard used in nearly every context concerning his appearance it would be 'exotic'. Maybe now it was but give or take a decade ago there was a race of humans with identical features living in the desert planes. Those areas have now been considered danger zones with high levels of Rift-Beast activity, so when he discovered that desert nomads were now near non-existence he wasn't all that surprised. Apart from the occasional prejudice, strange rumors, and easy-to-avoid slave hunters, nothing has hindered him too badly.

Currently however he's gotten a bit of makeover from his previous past appearance. A very long time ago he had kept his white hair long, more protection against the sand littered air and light enough to not bake him in the heat of the desert sun. Now it was no longer practical and so Atlas opted for a trim, cut by a rusty knife that may or may not have been used to scrape off barnacles. His tan complexion is of course ever present along with the molten gold irises that glinted like sand dunes under the afternoon light.

Bilal.Asad.Ithnan.Faranbald.600.315453.jpg
In regards to that particular race of his...the Archipelago will be where he came from. It's basically a collection of tropical-esque islands off the coast of Illiserev, so you can have your desert island over there. There aren't many places where you can describe Rift-Beast activity as high. It's really rather random.

Also, a witch wouldn't have the ability to resurrect, even in the form of a curse. At best, the curse will be something along the lines of 'trap the person in a dream world and cause them to live an endless eternity within their mind, while their body slowly rots away'. And a curse ends when the witch dies, because the magical energy that fuels said curse will disappear, so...yeah...

I have one more question, cause my original idea won't work with the universe. But could a Talentium arrow be done in such a way that after you shoot it you could use a skill to change its fight path, make it return, pierce walls, etc, or would it need to be a talentium bow to do that
Projectile weapons in general haven't been developed. In a world where everyone is capable of magic, people basically just learned 'Fireball' or 'Ice Spear' instead of bows and arrows. Magic's a hell lot more flexible compared to bows as well, so yeah...there's no weapon that's designed solely for long-ranged combat. Talentium users who specialize in Skills just throw whatever they have, and it'd have the same effectiveness as an arrow, if not more.

Damn. I've been having all wrong ideas. Portal, duplicator character it is

Damn. I've been having all wrong ideas. Portal, duplicator character it is
Explain that to me. Cause space-time manipulation is a whole other ballpark.

I don't think I'll make it as complicated as Aiden from the sentence. Think it'll be plain and simple teleportation(think golden tiger claws from Xioa lin Showdown). Might do something other than duplicates. But I'll keep thinking of more ideas.

Expressing my interest! Gonna make a CS soon~

33hRqJf.jpg

Agatha Nightingale
Voyager of the Skies

"The sky is not the limit!"

The 24 years old Illiserev-born human female measures 160 cm (5'3") and weighs 49 kg (108 lbs). A cheerful and upbeat young woman, Agatha is both pilot and captain of Lughanta, a custom-made airship outfitted for high speed travel and intense maneuvers. Together with her loyal crew, she travels the world, offering various services such as delivery, transport, search and rescue, hunting pirates, etc. The company's fees are above standard, but their expertise and speed made up for it, as such, her clients are usually wealthy merchants and noble families.

The Nightingales is one of the prominent merchant families in Illiserev, specializing in the manufacture of vehicles, including Airships. Agatha lived a rather happy childhood, the combination of her family's wealth and her homeland's distance from the calamitous war taking place twelve years ago. Since she's but a small child, her thirst of adventure was impossible to ignore, curious and active, little Agatha often insisted to go with her father and siblings in their trips, she particularly loved airships. Realizing her talent, her father personally trained her in the arts of piloting and leadership. His daughter will be a fine captain indeed.

On the side, she also learned martial arts using a quarterstaff as her main weapon, self-defense was absolutely necessary for an adventurer after all. She's a decent fighter on her own, but by no means a true front-line combatant, her main skills lies in piloting and leading. Crafted in Dansila, the 'Bo' as it's called there, made of sturdy White Oak wood and fitted with Talentium covering on each end, giving her the extra edge in desperate situations.

As it turned out, he was right, Agatha grew up to be a spirited young woman. In her eighteenth birthday, Lance Nightingale - her father - commissioned an airship tailor-made for her skills. Thus, the Lughanta was born, a sleek red-colored airship with cutting edge Runic Magic Technology. For the next six years, high above the lands, one could witness the sight of a distinctive crimson airship carving fiery trails in the sky.

4vyRDxr.jpg

"Ring of Fire, engage!"

Aside from its enhanced speed and maneuverability, The Lughanta held a trump card dubbed the "Ring of Fire". Upon activation, a flaming circle formed around the ship's central hull, greatly increasing its velocity, enough to literally throw crews off their feet if they didn't brace and hold something for dear life. The Ring of Fire works by burning magical energy like a starving vampire on bloodlust, while impressive, visually and functionally, keeping it up for too long will damage the engine, worst case, it'll explode. So, make sure to not overextend it.

Note: While not pictured, imagine there are two balloons attached on top of the airship.

6LVCWwt.jpg

Note: Just for visualization and eye-candy, the actual amount of named NPCs I will control will be consulted with the GM ( @ERode ) in a case-by-case basis if needed. Faceless grunts are there to justify the ship not being manned by just 5 people.

----

@ERode There we go~ Tell me if anything needs to be changed!

@All: Looking forward to have fun with you!

I am thinking, if you guys fancy the idea, can the Lughanta be the party's mobile base of operation? Assuming the profile is accepted of course.

NOTE: Updated

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Warm Regret
Hey Izu~

Our characters may end up knowing each other. Their families might have some overlap in their industries. :3

• Love
Reactions: Izurich
Tulian.jpg

"Well then, shall we get started?"

Name: Tulian Reingard

The Deadly Rose

Appearance :

Many have made the mistake of dismissing Tulian as a skilled fighter, a mistake that has often times proved deadly. What is most noticeable about Tulian, is not his battle prowess but his unnatural beauty. Even for an elf, one would expect such pleasing features to belong to a lovely young elven female, so you can imagine the shock of those who learn the truth. His royal blue hair is pulled into a long ponytail, reaching to his lower back with a swept bang that partially covers his unusual eyes. Like most elves, his eyes possess the heterochromia, however instead of having two eyes of different colors, the outer part of his iris's are blue while the inner is gold. Smooth facial features teeter on the small and delicate side, which merely add to his oddly feminine appearance. Even his long ears are somehow perfectly set. He is considered above average in height, standing at 6' 1" and has a lithe and wiry frame.

In terms of dress, he is normally seen in a personalized garment that signifies his status as a Reingard slave. Because he is not one for fighting with heavy weapons and relies more on speed and agility, he wears little in the way of armor. More specifically, he can be seen sporting a high collard, faded crimson and gold embroidered vest. On the back of the vest is his master's insignia. His lower half is clothed in fitted black trousers with gold trim, around his waist is a billowing gold sash and on his feet are a special pair of slippers infused with bits of Talentium.

Weapons : Being more of a hand to hand combatant, Tulian uses his hands and feet to deliver blows, however he does wear a pair of studded, fingerless gloves to impart more damage with his fists.

Magic Ability : Being an elf, he also has an affinity with nature and can use magic to communicate and to an extent, control certain aspects of it as well. Through the years, he has shown proficiency both in using magic alone and in conjunction with his arts.

Personality :

The trauma he has suffered combined with having lived as a slave for so many years, has withered part of his soul and it leaves him a little withdrawn. Although he's suffered unspeakable persecution at the hands of others, surprisingly he has managed to maintain his humanity. But that doesn't mean he isn't bitter. He is soft spoken, poised, gentle, kind, and somewhat effeminate. He can also be callously blunt. It should be noted that contrary to his kind nature, he has no problems carrying out the duties assigned to him by his master. However, he takes no enjoyment in fighting and has been known to even apologize to his opponents before or after battle. He carries himself with both grace and elegance and utilizes these virtues on battlefield as well. No one has ever seemed to make him angry, even after his enslavement but it is rumored that his wrath is unparalleled.

Biography :

Before the fall of Talze Utera, Tulian lived a relatively good life. Although the plight of the Rift Beasts caused problems for him and his people, at least they lived respectable lives. Some have told him he should count himself lucky that the elves survived the genocide but Tulian wonderes if that's really such a good thing, especially when he sees what he and his people have to do in order to -survive-. The raid on his home had taken everyone by surprise and before his capture, Tulian found himself beaten and then, because of his desirable looks, passed around by a small group of soldiers. Once they were done having their way with him, he was locked up with the rest of his brethren. A year later, he was carted off to Illiserev, working in a brothel through no will of his own. After several failed escape attempts, which resulted in severe punishments, it finally sank in that his freedom was gone and there was no looking back.

He worked in the brothel for several years, earning himself a respectable clientele who praised not only his beauty but his natural grace and ability to perform even the most complicated dances. He was often put on stage in one of Astopol's many theaters, to temporarily perform on behalf of his owner back in Illiserev. Although in many cases he was the star performer, any proceeds would go directly to the brothel, not towards his freedom. Eventually, a new patron by the name of Reingard decided he would purchase Tulian from the brothel to be his personal slave/servant. Things weren't much different after he left the brothel, he still found himself having to -entertain- his new master and many times being offered to someone as payment in exchange for certain favors. Tulian's master also took advantage of his other talents and had him trained as a sort of bodyguard, granting him a pair of Talentium infused shoes to help him in his new role.

Not a day goes by that Tulian doesn't think about running away, but where would he go, and how far would he get before he was hunted down? Freedom, what a fanciful thing.

Ok my CS is up for review. Ummm...is the pic working? It looks like a broken link on my end ;_; N/M I think I got it? ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
I will tweak the plot depending on whether or not you want to continue with the Ashe life.
To Ashe or not to Ashe. Probably the former because A) I'm a lazy asshole and B) I really didn't get to do what I wanted with her last time. xD

@Reanimator Bob
Make it short-range teleportation and make it a Skill. Magical teleportation doesn't exist. Duplicates that duplicate one's full power also don't exist. It'll probably function either as illusionary clones or you having to split your power between them.

@Izurich
Note that, for airships, they all have an actual balloon attached to them. So yeah, just imagine that there's a balloon strapped on top of your airship. Also, while I will allow for her ship to be faster than normal, due to the Ring of Fire propulsion idea, note that airships generally aren't meant for combat. They sorta explode if their balloon gets popped, after all, so airship vs airship battles are something that both sides would want to avoid.

Runetech still functions based off magical energy, not fuel.

I would tell you to cut down on the amount of NPCs you have, because that's a lot of NPCs.

Quarterstaff is talentium? Or no.

@Warm Regret
Boo, no heterochromia.

That being said, might want to search for a picture that coincides with your appearance description. You say that he has royal blue hair, but he has brown hair in the picture.

Slippers made of talentium would be like wearing metal boots. Not flexible or comfortable. If you're saying that his slippers have talentium bits embedded into them, though, its fine.

Astopol has no brothels, and if it was Astopolian knights that raided the village, they would have killed them all, not captured and then raped them. Essentially, it'd work better if he was carted off to Illiserev, because that place is the seediest (if not the wealthiest).

It feels sorta like your idea of Astopol is off. They're basically a nation of lawful good people, with an extreme prejudice against sentient non-humans.

@All
I'll most likely be setting up the OOC on Sunday. Mainly waiting for a response from another.

• Useful
Reactions: Izurich
@ERode

Profile updated!

Removed any mention about enhanced combat ability and added this part to Lughanta's section
Note: While not pictured, imagine there are two balloons attached on top of the airship.
-
Gotcha, changed "fuel" to "magical energy"
-
Deleted the names on the "Agatha and Crew" section, added this note.
Note: Just for visualization and eye-candy, the actual amount of named NPCs I will control will be consulted with the GM ( @ERode ) in a case-by-case basis if needed. Faceless grunts are there to justify the ship not being manned by just 5 people.
-
Quarterstaff is fitted with Talentium on each end, the silvery metal-looking parts. Added this part to her main profile.
Crafted in Dansila, the 'Bo' as it's called there, made of sturdy White Oak wood and fitted with Talentium covering on each end, giving her the extra edge in desperate situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.