Another Horizon (Anime Fantasy Shenanigans)

Gender of your character?

• Male

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Female

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Magic is pretty much anything, though with a few limitations. Curses and summoning are things that only witches, denizens of Talze Utera, are capable of. Time and Space manipulation magic does not exist. All magic takes mana and stamina to use, so a mage that doesn't do endurance training is literally useless, though have a massive pool of mana does allow one to alleviate some of the physical suffering.
Unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean by IC rules here? Like, in regards to Wizardly Committees banning certain types of magic? Or laws that restrict when magic can be used?

If that's what you mean...Magic is limited to spells that have been made by others in the past, and, seeing that no one even understands how to begin making spells centered around transmutation, resurrection, time travel, and all that other edgy stuff, there's no particularly forbidden magic. Only a few possess the talent to create wholly new spells by themselves.

Of course, if you start trying to make your own curses, people will probably accuse you of being a witch and burn you at the stake. Dabbling into blood or soul magic would make people think that you're a vampire sympathizing scumbag, and stake you through the heart.

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean by IC rules here? Like, in regards to Wizardly Committees banning certain types of magic? Or laws that restrict when magic can be used?

If that's what you mean...Magic is limited to spells that have been made by others in the past, and, seeing that no one even understands how to begin making spells centered around transmutation, resurrection, time travel, and all that other edgy stuff, there's no particularly forbidden magic. Only a few possess the talent to create wholly new spells by themselves.

Of course, if you start trying to make your own curses, people will probably accuse you of being a witch and burn you at the stake. Dabbling into blood or soul magic would make people think that you're a vampire sympathizing scumbag, and stake you through the heart.
That covers everything I was asking. So far I'm envisioning my character as a nimble, evasive duelist who prides himself on his form and seeks to perfect his technique. The magic he uses would revolve around versatility and precision. Sound too unoriginal?

Go make a girl.

Go make a girl.
Me? Alright.

An eager fighter who lets her temper guide her two-handed sword. She uses magic to compensate for her lackluster defenses, and the Sword Arts and Skills she uses focus on maximizing her ability to damage a foe in a short period of time.

Reactions: Astoria
How about you go to the OOC first, so I get free bumps? :3

And don't listen to Click. He just wants to be the only male so that he can use love magic or something to make everyone his love interest. Did it twice in two other RPs.

Pfft. When was the last time I played a guy? :D

Reactions: IceChateau777
Hmm, I'm very interested, ER. I would have wanted a person who was a scholar. Otherwise, a person who is capable at using a spear. Although the idea of everyone having a sword doesn't sit well, do you have any ideas I can stem from this?

Not everyone uses a sword. It's just called Sword Arts and Sword Skills because the concepts originated from famous swordsmen using Talentium weapons first.

And there's an OOC you can go to for further questioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.