Another Horizon (Anime Fantasy Shenanigans)

Gender of your character?

• Male

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Female

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ERode

Shadow and Truth
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. One post per day
  3. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Anything that actually has, you know, a good plot. I prefer RPs with fantastical elements, however, so generally, a bit of fantasy goes a long way.
First off, here's the thing. I want a relatively fast-moving RP. I also want quality posts. This is probably going to be hard to get out of RPers, but the least I can do is reject people whom, through past experience, have proven to not fit the qualities above. Please understand if I reject you merely on those terms, coughPsykercough.

Second off, this is such a weeaboo RP that I'll say that you can get away with any crazy ass insanely shounen move, as long as you run it through with me first. I want interesting fights, and if that means you want to do something like exchange one hundred sword blows in a second, go for it.

Third, not all the information for this RP will be present, but I'll provide you all with semi-important blurbs.

Fourth, this will probably be a small RP, to facilitate the speed. Your characters will also probably be maimed, scarred, or mutated during the course of this. So if you're into that stuff, hop on in. If you want to try it out, feel free to hook up.

Five, what's your skype username? Cause it's so much easier to nag people on that.

Second%20Horizon_zpszjrhvcjm.gif

Another Horizon
I'll change the truth
Even if it ends the dream
For a miracle can only be paid for with a desire.
And power can only be paid for through a sacrifice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

9NcjZHm.png

A mere 12 years ago, the Jeualian Empire, a military powerhouse, rampaged through the lands on an unchallenged conquest. Armed with towering war machines that ruled both land and sky, they swept through armies of flesh unchallenged. The bright red flag of the Jeaulian Empire was planted over half of the kingdoms, principalities, and city-states of the continent, imperial dominance known to all. Dozens of races were subjugated, their cultures homogenized, their bodies becoming part of the gears that moved the massive contraption that was the Empire.

It was at the halfway point, however, that the unwavering armies of the Empire were forced to halt. For, in the southern half of the continent laid three kingdoms that, together, could indeed challenge the Empire's sovereignty. Joining arms in the face of a common foe, the theocracy of Astopol, the oligarchy of Illiserev, and the democracy of Dansila marched under a common flag for a common goal. Against the Gods of War, the Empire's iron giants, they donned armor. Against the Sky Crawlers, the Empire's metal dragons, they brought out their magic. Through an inhuman tenacity brought forth by the knowledge that they were going to be wiped off the face of world if they failed in their endeavors, the Coalition clashed with the Empire in an iron symphony that was the greatest and worst war in history.

p5vAL5x.png

For months on end, the armies clashed, a hail of iron met by a hail of magic, every ambush reciprocated, every defeat paid for in blood. The land turned into ash, as conflagrations marred the battlefield. The wastelands became marshes, soil tainted with lifeblood. Over and over again, war was waged, a mountain of corpses growing as the days passed on.

But the difference in resources was slowly becoming clear. The war machine of the Empire was powered by the hundreds of nations that they've conquered, while the defensive war waged by the coalition left their own lands razed, their lungs blackening from the smoke.

And then, from the black fog, Talze Utera emerged, the denizens of the night stepping in to aid those that fought to protect their world. Lead by the Crystalla, beings half-crystal half-human, the monstrous hordes joined hands with the humans in order to stand against their collective threat. A decisive victory had to be gained, and the enemy had to be routed. Anything less would lead to defeat, and that truth was clear in the minds of all four nations.

On that day, as war hymns were sung and good byes were said, two massive armies met on opposite sides of a battlefield gray with ash and wet with blood.

A blare of horns sent the monsters, the knights, the spirits, the iron giants, the metal dragons, all charging, to decide the true ruler of those lands.

2jZrQk1.png

And then, just a little bit, the world cracked.

A soul-trembling sound broke over the horizon, as the sky shattered. From the darkness, never-before-seen beasts fell onto the barren fields like mud. And, just as incoherently as they came, those beings attacked, mindlessly lashing out at both sides. Incidents of these popped up all over the continent, as tears in the skies heralded the coming of these abnormal organisms. Unable to fight a war on two fronts, especially with the majority of their forces concentrated in foreign land, the Empire retreated, closing off its borders with massive walls.

Their retreat was both the end of the war, and the beginning of a new one. Massive civilian casualties were incurred as these monsters, dubbed 'rift-beasts', appeared at random, rampaging through even the most heavily-fortified cities. They did not respond to any attempt at communication, and could not be stopped by anything less than high-class magic spells. A thoughtless, mindless, merciless enemy that acted with no purpose other than to attack.

And an enemy that, when wounded, crystallized.

In a state of panic, shock, and anger, Illiserev, Dansila, and Astopol were quick to make the connection between the rift-beasts and the Crystalla. It mattered not that the appearance of the rift-beasts ceased the Empire's invasion, and the blame shifted onto Talze Utera. Without warning, the Coalition invaded and destroyed the land of the monsters, eradicating entire species in their anger. The Crystalla were driven to the brink of extinction, their crystals, the Allis, harvested and forged into weapons that could counter the rift-beasts.

To slay monsters, one had to use monsters. The rampage of the beasts were slowed, and, once the first rift-beast was slain, their own crystals used to forge a new blade, the tide of the battle turned. This new material, incomparably superior to the fragile Allis blades, were extremely durable and flexible, whilst providing certain people with unheard of physical and magical abilities.

xHNyxmA.png

This ore was dubbed Talentium, and those blessed by it became heroes.

Every rift-beast that fell became a weapon for another talented warrior, and soon, the war became a hunt, a distraction from everyday life as the three nations recovered from the tragedies that befell them. Tears in the skies were still a common sight, and occasionally, one of the races that survived the razing of Talze Utera would cause an incident, but as the years rolled on, it became apparent that the nations have settled into a state of peace.

The Empire had retreated, locking down their borders with massive walls.

Talze Utera, the ones responsible for the emergence of the rift-beasts, has been destroyed, its lands split equally amongst those of the Coalition.

The rift-beasts have turned from city-wiping threats to an occasional inconvenience, their crystallized bodies the foundations of a better, brighter world.

All was calm and all was bright for all humans underneath the sun.

But, in the absence of light, the gears began to turn once more, as those who observed the three wars put their plans into action.

And, on twelfth month, a Key fell from a tear in the horizon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Talentium is a crystal-metal that is light gray in color, and is pretty much the most durable substance one can make weapons out of. It also boosts the magical and physical parameters of people who wield it, but the amount of the boost changes depending on the 'talent' of the person. The amount of Talentium present in a single weapon does NOT effect the amount of a boost someone gets from it, though the purity of the Talentium does.

Sword Arts and Sword Skills are basically magical and physical attacks that center around using a Talentium weapon alongside it, causing flashy fancy effects that normal magic or brute force can't replicate.

Magic is pretty much anything, though with a few limitations. Curses and summoning are things that only witches, denizens of Talze Utera, are capable of. Time and Space manipulation magic does not exist. All magic takes mana and stamina to use, so a mage that doesn't do endurance training is literally useless, though have a massive pool of mana does allow one to alleviate some of the physical suffering.

Astopol is a nation that, while religious at its core, is a place of the arts and the military. While its citizens aren't strictly religious, they are known to be generous, merciful, forgiving, and all that nice stuff. It's the military that makes it so that no one will take advantage of this almost naive kindness.

Illiserev is an oligarchy ruled not by bloodlines, but by whomever are the three richest conglomerates at the time. Money is power, and it could be said that Illiserev has no standing army, only thousands of bodyguards capable of acting as maids and butlers. They are a maritime nation, and had recovered the fastest from the previous wars.

Dansila is a place of study, of scientific progress, filled to the brim with smart people. Its from there that wonderful inventions such as airships, heated showers, and self-warming pots are made, and it's not odd for children from the other two nations to be sent there to further their education. Scholarships are hard to get though, and tuition is rather hefty for internationals as well. They currently use runetech, technology fused with runic magic that can be used by anyone with a smidgen of mana.

Travelling from one nation to the other on foot would take a week or two. By airship, it would be a day or two. By horse cart, it would be three to five days. Needless to say, it's a rather small world.

The nations are still at a state of recovery. Though twelve years have passed, and the major cities have been restored to their former splendor, outlier towns are still ruined, and the land has yet to fully recover from the damage done to it.

War memorials are everywhere, and a large portion of the human population have a biased view on non-human races. Because, you know, Talze Utera was sorta responsible for the majority of civilian casualties during the war.

So yeah, questions? Interests? Character idea pitches? It's better for me to reject an idea now, instead of you making a character sheet and THEN having it rejected due to misunderstandings.​

Reactions: DoughGuy
This really sounds like a fun story to read.

Probably follow and read the RP yoh.

Sorry. I don't want to accidentally become a tumor in that RP. As much as I'd actually like to join.

The bandwagoning is happening, did we scare off everyone else yet?

Literally 6 people, just from previous incarnations.

I'll start the RP if we get a single new person, because I want 7. So get to it, gaiz.

Alright, I like this and have no imminent responsibilities. I'll give it a shot.

Hm, out of curiousity, how busy will you be during your uni semesters then? Did a bit of stalking and seen that you pretty much died during April.

But guess I'll work on an OOC now. Time to revamp dem nations.

I can't tell yet, but I won't be starting any classes until (most likely) August, September, or October. So I have no plans so far.

It's one a.m. so if you don't mind I'll whip up a sheet first thing in the morning.

It'd be smart to discuss your character idea first. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.