Another High School Romance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Akane Tagawa
tumblr_me2du4RANn1rp0m7io1_500_zps56ca9933.jpg
Akane snapped out of her stupor at the sound of a girl's voice, realizing it was her vice-captain. Trying to hide her embarrassment from spacing out, Akane listened intently to her vice-captain. Sasami Kirimya was the name she went by. 'Maybe living here wouldn't be so bad,' Akane thought, smiling sweetly as the vice captain reached out to shake her hand. Akane took it without hesitation, admiring to herself how firm Sasami's grip was. "Thank you, Kirimya-san...Oh! Yes, my name is Akane Tagawa. I actually don't know what events are happening here...I haven't checked yet." Akane's face became redder with each word she spoke.

Sasami Kirimiya

Sasami smiled at her warmly, "Well let me give you a tour of our track than! And please just call me Sasami, were all friends here." She winked at Akane and motioned her to follow as she began walking to each station. First up was the running events. "So when it comes to our running events we have the 100m, 200m, 400m, 800m, and 1600m. We also have the 4x800m relay, 4x100m relay, 4x200 relay, and the 4x400 relay. There's also the even called 100HH which is when you jump over the hurdles." Sasami smiled, hoping she took in all of that. "Have you ever participated in track before? Just stop me if you don't understand something." Before she went on to the other events, she showed the new girl where they stored the equipment and how the girls practiced on the track for their events. "Now than, for the field events, there is shot, discus, pole vault, high jump, triple jump, and long jump." As Sasami was explaining the different events she pointed which station they were at and what you did in them. She wasn't too worried about the newbie, which ever event she decided to do she would be left in good hands of the coaches who taught her that specific event..

Akane Tagawa
Akane nodded her head throughout Sasami's explanation, letting her know she understood. "Thank you so much, Sasami-chan," Akane said, as the girls came to a stop after the little tour. "I never joined the track team before. Usually, I ran by myself outside of school...I can't choose from the events, though. They all sound interesting." Akane scratched the back of her head as she spoke, a slight smile on her face. Akane started thinking over her choices, wondering if she should try out the 200m dash. Suddenly, a question popped up in Akane's head.
"Sasami-chan, are the rumors true? About you and the other student?"

Sasami Kirimiya

Sasami nodded smiling, "You're welcome! It's part of my job after all, and thats ok, not many know what they want to do when they first arrive here.." Sasami was about to go to her own events when Akane asked her about this morning. Her face became slightly dull and her expression changed from cheerful a bit saddened. She just nodded, "Yes there true, this morning I was attacked by a man but Jax, that other student, just happened to be walking by and stopped the man.." She smiled small, twirling her hair around her finger, something she did often when feeling uncomfortable. "But that was then this is now, he's in the infirmary patched up so he might have others visiting, if you're interested in more details you could ask him.." She sighed softly before turning, "Why don't you try out the events? To see what you like and don't like, you need to do at least one field and one running event, and I believed I missed one of the field events, there is also javelin too." She had a serious facial expression when explaining this before smiling at the end. "Now go go go! We have practice to do!" She winked before heading over to the pole vault area, which is one of the many events she did.
Sasami grabbed a pole while waiting in line. She watched the other girls stance and angle as they lifted themselves into the air over the pole. A few needed work because they kept knocking it down but they would get better in no time. Now she was up and everyone was watching. Last year she had worked her way up into the position she is in now. She had won several meets in what events she was in which was pretty damn good just for a freshman. This year she was pumped and wanted to go all out. While holding the pole at a perfect angle, Sasami counted her steps in her head before lifting herself in the air like an elegant bird soaring. She made sure her whole body was arched so she could go over the bar. So far so good, every movement was like watching a tape in slow motion, her head was already over the pole now all that was left was her lower body. Landing onto the underneath her, she looked up to see if she had cleared it or failed at making the jump. "Clear!" One of the coaches called out. The girls cheered and she blushed, embarrassed, "It was just a jump.." She thought as she got off the matt getting back in line for a few more run throughs before heading to another event..

Akane Tagawa
As Akane watched Sasami walk away, she wondered if she should have not brought it up. The look on Sasami's face made Akane's heart sink. 'Still, I'm glad she is safe. I hope that other boy, Jax, is okay, too...I'll apologize later.' Akane walked around the track, on the search of two events to participate in. What stood out to her the most were races, particularly the 400m. Akane chuckled softly, muttering to herself, "Too bad I have to choose only one of these, huh?"
Akane watched the other girls as they took turns practicing the 400m run. She was amazed at how fast some of the girls on the team were, not breaking their speed throughout the entire race. Akane began stretching on her own, anticipation growing in her chest as she prepared herself. Within the two minutes, it was Akane's turn.
She bent over into the position she saw the other girls go into, awaiting the countdown.
On your mark...Get set...POP!
Akane's body went running; she didn't know she had so much energy. The rhythm of her feet fell perfectly together with the rhythm of her heart. Akane tried to keep her eyes open to relish in the feeling. Pairs of feet moved quickly past her, bringing her back into reality. Akane sped up even more, though she began depleting more energy than she needed to. Akane crossed the finish line, making third to last place.
Her rapid heart rate slowed down as she rested, staring back at the track.​
"That...felt...great."
Akane sighed in relief; after an adrenaline rush, life felt a little better. Though, she wasn't so happy about her placing. She'd have to work on that later. For now, Akane needed to move on to the next event.​

Sasami Kirimiya
Now that she got a few practices in pole vault, Sasami headed over to a running event. While she was walking over there, she witnessed the newbie trying it out. Chuckling she smiled, "You'll get the hang of it.." She said to herself before lining up for some practice runs. Sasami did 3 running events, the 100m, 100hh and the relay. She stepped into lane 3, preparing herself for the race. She was one of the best runners, 3rd best to be precise. At the top was the captain, second was a good friend of hers from grade school and then herself. The 3 always raced one another usually during practice but it was just 2 of them today. Sasami looked over at her partner for the relay, yes the 3 best on the team were also the best relay team, with another girl that was pretty good too. "Ready to give me your best Himari-chan?" She smirked, giving her her game face. Himari brushed her comment off and grinned. One of their teammates begun the race with Mark! Set! GO! Sasami leapt forward, pushing herself yet leaving some energy left for the last second. Her arms were pumping by her side as she dashed toward the finish line. 9..10.. She was almost there.. 11..12.. The amount of energy she still had she used for those final seconds. Passing the finish line in second place, her friend still took in first. "Damn.. Al-lmost th-hought I had y-you.." Sasami panted trying to catch her breath. She grabbed a water bottle and drank from it before going over to one of the girls who had kept track on her time. "13.8 seconds huh.." She needed to improve that, it was too low for someone in her position. Her friend had got 13 flat, and their captain is known for getting 12 flat. Sasami would catch up to them soon. She smiled and did a little handshake with her friend before practicing the hurdles next..

Akane Tagawa
Akane decided to give the long jump a try. Maybe she would do a better job at it? Akane watched the others before trying out herself. The first try, Akane managed to get 4.12 m; the best out of the other girls' tries today. The score alone gave Akane a boost of confidence. She did it once more, making it a little less than her previous score. Time passed by as Akane practiced the other events. Her strengths were in the 4x200 relay, the long jump, and the pole vault. The pole vault reminded her of the body control she had to learn while practicing gymnastics when she was younger. Her first few tries at it were a flop, but she started getting a hang of it after a while.
After numerous tries with the pole vault, Akane was prepared for this one. Akane held a firm grip on the pole, estimating the height of bar and the large distance between the bar and her. One....two...three! Akane began running at a constant rate, brought the pole at the right spot on the mat, and guided the pole over the bar. She felt the bar graze across her calf, but Akane made it to the other side without causing the bar to fall.
"Phew!" Akane felt the air leave out of her as her back met with the mat.
Looking up, Akane noticed the warm colors of the sky. Sunset. The sun began to settle just below the middle of the sky. Practice was coming to an end. 'Already? Time sure does go by swiftly...' Akane lifted herself up from the mat, yawning as she walked over to the other girls in a mass of tired bodies. They were all speaking in their own groups of friends, waiting for announcements and goodbyes from the jovial Sasami.

Sasami Kirimiya
With a swift jump, she made it over pole. So far her best was 5'6 in high jump, she wanted to get to 5'8. That was her goal for this year. She loved jumping in the air and making a successful landing on the mat. To her it felt like flying through the air for a few moments before landing back on earth. She smiled, chatting with other girls while waiting in line to get a few more run throughs. Since today was friday, she might let the girls have off for the two weekdays instead of just one which was usually sunday. After all christmas was nearing and she still had some shopping to do for family and friends, plus a party to plan. After getting a few more run throughs, she managed to clear 5'7 after several attempts, a new record for her.
Sasami wiped the sweat off her forehead, tired from a good day of work. She stretched heading over to where the girls were, ready to dismiss practice. She grabbed her water bottle and took a sip from it. "I wonder if I should visit him before I go.." She muttered to herself. Blowing her whistle to get everyones attention she began to speak, "Okay everyone! Practice is over now! We wont have it this weekend so do whatever you want, but be ready to work hard on Monday!" She heard them cheer about having off this weekend and smiled. Once her announcement was over everyone started clearing out of the area. She wondered if she should invite Akane to go shopping with her tomorrow, it wouldn't hurt to make a new friend. Before Akane could leave, Sasami approached the girl. "So I'm going christmas shopping tomorrow, I was wondering if you'd like to go?" She smiled at her, wondering if she would come or not, if she even could that is...

Akane Tagawa
Akane sighed with relief after hearing that her weekend was free. Going through her mental schedule, Akane saw that she had...nothing. Not a thing to do. Opting for spending her weekend at home, finishing her artwork and reading manga, Akane was prepared to leave the campus as soon as possible. However, she was stopped in her tracks when she heard Sasami calling out to her. "So I'm going Christmas shopping tomorrow, I was wondering if you'd like to go?" Akane's eyes lightened up. Did Sasami actually want to be friends with her? And this whole time, Akane thought she was giving off a bad, first impression. Nonetheless, Akane grinned sheepishly. "I'd love to. I need to get used to my new hometown, anyway. When do you want to meet up?"
Yes, Akane was definitely excited. New home, new school, and a new friend. Maybe moving wasn't such a bad thing? Glancing back at Sasami, Akane suddenly remembered something she had forgotten amongst the excitement of the day. "I'm sorry, Sasami-chan. I hope you can forgive me for the personal question I asked earlier...I didn't mean any harm."

Sasami Kirimiya

Sasami smiled delighted to hear she was free. When she had apologized for earlier she shrugged. "It doesn't matter, the whole school knows and I've been asked by a few already so its ok, I appreciate your apology though!" She smiled cheerfully. Seeing as though Akane was knew to the town, she might not know where everything is. "Well, since you're knew and all, how about we exchange numbers and I can meet up at your house and I'll show you the whole town tomorrow." Sasami didn't plan on going christmas shopping all day but she might as well show Akane around town. They could have lunch together, buy gifts and sight see too. "Sound good? Make sure you bring some money, lunch will be on me, I'll also pick you up around 10:30, if thats an ok time for you." Sasami smiled, usually she would do this with her friend and the captain but seeing as though their captain was sick, she'd go with Akane instead. Sasami flipped out her phone, ready to trade numbers with her..

Status
Not open for further replies.