another fantasy rp where it's basically europe minus all countries that aren't england or france LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

malina

Original poster
and other good tropes like that hehe

Anyway, looking for someone to do a roleplay with me!
I'm a shiiiiit writer (but if you want I can PM you some example posts) (still I think MAYBE I'm intermediate but you can be the judge) but if you can bear with my posts I'll try to be loyal :>>>>
I'm not that fast of a poster either. Maybe three posts per week, sometimes faster if I can do it.

WANT:
- someone who likes dem DARK themes. Taboo themes? I like it (well, within reason. We can discuss limits later). Being comfortable with angst is good (don't worry I'm not talking about emo kid level). Something like Game of Thrones mood (I feel like this is said way often but it's something most people kinda know I think).
- plot advancing partners
- control NPCs with me (I'll do the majority if you wish)
- detailed worlds. Not being scared to tell me when my ideas are like shite. Contributing by fleshing out the tiny details from what different people eat to what kind of music they like etc. Characters should be realistic relative to the world they're in.

- worlds that are grounded in reality somewhat. I don't think I'm feeling high fantasy right now. I want things like magic to be rare and I don't want any other playable races besides human (maybe I can be persuaded otherwise but I dunno).
- responses should be progressive. As in, don't just react to what I'm doing. Progress the scene. Give me stuff to react to as well. I also kinda want someone who's comfortable writing like I dunno long? posts. I just don't want like one-liners and all. At the same time, I'm not going to like put like a "MUST POST THREE PARAGRAPHS" limit or anything cuz I've seen small posts that were really great and long posts that weren't all that great.
- so with all that being said, I guess I'm looking for someone who posts like intermediate level? Not sure.
- being fine with lulls between action. I can't do action scenes 24/7 - sometimes we need to wind down and have a nice chat (I really do enjoy the quiet moments).

- character death. If I/you fucked up too hard, we should die (and then have back-up characters hah).
- I'm good with platonic/romantic/one-sided pairings. I can do MxM/MxF/FxM/FxF - literally anything but my characters may not be what you're thinking of (so PM me for details first lol before you get disappointed).
- oh yeah even if I said I'm willing to do romantic pairings I am not looking for a RP where the focus is solely on the romance. I can't do lovely posts 24/7 - there should be focus on the story/the bad parts of relationships/everything else as well.
- not being a complete stereotype. This is something I see in mostly fantasy/futuristic RPs where characters are a complete stereotype (elves are all high and snooty human haters, etc). NO! That's like saying all Canadians ride sleds pulled by dogs while eating maple syrup in igloos. There's no such thing as a uniform way people act... unless it's like a hive-mind or something.

- unreliable narrators. I don't like worlds where there is a "fixed" way of interpreting things like religion, folk-lore, gossip, etc. Characters can be WRONG or RIGHT, it doesn't matter! Just as long as it makes sense for them to interpret things the way that they do. Seriously, I really don't like it when my character makes an intentional mistake and somebody tells me to change it OOC because "actually the world was made by God A instead of God B". Different opinions = a-ok.
- common sense. If I want to do a fantasy rp I don't really want people digging out guns and stuff (unless we go down the route of "turns out our ancestors were way technologically advanced than us but somehow the knowledge died out"). I also want people to know limits like, if you lived as a handmaiden all your life you're probably not going to start out killing knights left and right in single combat (probably).
- adding onto that, I want someone who understands horrible characters =/= me irl. Let me know beforehand if there's any subjects you want to avoid! I roleplay horrible NPCs as well, horrible. I don't actually share their views.

- readable posts.
- okay now this is just preference but I'd really like it if you didn't post a picture of your character alongside every post (like a gif or w/e). I mean I can roll with it if the RP is really good but idk it just kinda irks me for no good reason.
-probably somebody 18+. I like natural progression of things but I am not looking for yaknow smut focused roleplays. Still, I want someone 18+ just in case things do come up that way. (but seriously I'm not looking for smut focused rps).
- Right now I'm thinking of a plot centered around an exiled prince/princess/w/e and their bastard? sibling.
- I don't really do real life character claims. It feels kinda weird to me TBH. It's fine if you do it but expect a written description from moi.

There's probably more I should add but right now my head hurts and I've been shouted at all day and I dunno if I should move on or not and oh god I dunno if this is even readable but yes there it is. I know the format is terrible and all but if you got through all of that info and still feel interested feel free to PM me. I hope I didn't come off as mean/too strict or anything like that. TBH I'm the one that feels intimidated so yeeah. PM me!

I've actually got a more detailed plot in mind along with lore + a map so uh PM me if you feel interested.

EDIT: oh yeah and the title was supposed to be a joke, har har.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have quite a fee plots that may interest you.

apologies mates I find myself full now
i will probably look for rp partners again in the future but as of now
im full
sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.