Anita Sarkeesian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats isn't the argument! Feminists that claim to be gamers (in the case of Anita Sarkeesian and people like minded) actually want to legislate law that would force developers to create cookie cutter characters and stories that fit their own ideology.
And guess how far they would get? Nowhere. When Jack Thompson made nearly identical claims and pushed them in courts of law, he was disbarred from court and was disallowed to ever serve as a lawyer again. Raebic idiotic fans who dump money on Anita's lap may be fooled, but there is no way in christ's skullfucked cross that the Supreme Court is going to violate core American values, like freedom of speech and expression, because someone got upset by pixels. It didn't work against heavy metal, it didn't work against D&D, it didn't work against gaming in its infancy, it won't work now.

Besides, point out any court case that Anita Sarkeesian is in right now to push her ideology. Even one. Just fucking try. She knows Jack Thompson failed, there's a reason why after years of pushing her ideology, she has never gone into a court of law to push her desired future forward.

She's farming idiots for cash. That's why she is often caught lying about death threats. She's using your outrage to twist your words and make buttfuckingloads of money off of it. It's the classic victim mentality scheme, and you're falling for it hook, line, and sinker.

Again, you're smarter than this, I know you are. Don't use the actions of a deranged minority from poisoning the well of millions of feminists all over the world. Don't let this nonsensical, batshit idiot drive you up the wall. She posts inflammatory crap to piss people off just to turn around and use select posts to get the rest of the ignorant masses to feel sorry for her and make money as a result. This is her scheme.

• Love
Reactions: Beta and Diana
Besides, point out any court case that Anita Sarkeesian is in right now to push her ideology. Even one. Just fucking try. She knows Jack Thompson failed, there's a reason why after years of pushing her ideology, she has never gone into a court of law to push her desired future forward.
None. But more and more people are being sympathetic to her cause. That's what bothers me. We live in a more activist society than we did even a single year ago. You don't think they could sneak shit in? They couldn't pass SOPA so they just called it Net Neutrality and gave Federal Powers (illegally) to the FCC.

I am not actively engaged in trying to bring her down or anything. I'm just actively debating here. If I had an opportunity to debate her I would. But its not like I am being one of the dumbasses online constantly fueling her and giving her ammunition by way of personal insults and shit. Please don't lump me in with those types.

She's farming idiots for cash. That's why she is often caught lying about death threats. She's using your outrage to twist your words and make buttfuckingloads of money off of it. It's the classic victim mentality scheme, and you're falling for it hook, line, and sinker.
Actually, I'm not doing this at all. I am challenging the premise of the argument, which is entirely different than what the dummies sending her death threats and stuff are doing.

Don't use the actions of a deranged minority from poisoning the well of millions of feminists all over the world
Lol, they've done this themselves on their own already.

Truly, it's wonderful watching this Wall Headbutting Contest you guys have got going on.

Truly, it's wonderful watching this Wall Headbutting Contest you guys have got going on.
I have two words for you that come from the bottom of muh heart...

MOON MEN

Welp, I tried man. I cited several examples in a row and gave it my all. I tried so hard, and got so far, but in the end, I'm quoting a shitty song.

Because apparently, being paranoid of something that hasn't happened is something worth spending several waking hours dealing with. Anita has gotten hundreds of thousands of dollars and has had years to try and push her ideology in law. She hasn't. Yet, still, people would rather have something to hate. Good ole' Internet Hate Machine.

I remember when I was fifteen. Alas that I can't be fifteen anymore, or I'd probably start screeching awful nonsense into a microphone at other fucks in Left 4 Dead again or something.

Anyway, @Kakumei if you want to live the rest of your life being forever fucking paranoid of some asshole somewhere who has a different opinion than you because they might one day try to change laws to better suit their vision of the world, feel free to do so. I mean, if you're going to be terrified of some deluded assholes, I'd at least pick a target like, I dunno, ISIS, or Putin? Last time I checked, Anita didn't want to invade the Ukraine or slaughter thousands of innocent people for not being true feminists. Granted, her world view is fucking terrible, but after years of pushing it, zero laws have changed about it and she's never once tried to change the law either. She seems to just want to change the culture. Which, while I disagree with her, she's free to try as often as she likes.

That's what freedom of speech is.

If you don't like it, just move to China already.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Beta
Anyway, @Kakumei if you want to live the rest of your life being forever fucking paranoid of some asshole somewhere who has a different opinion than you because they might one day try to change laws to better suit their vision of the world, feel free to do so. I mean, if you're going to be terrified of some deluded assholes, I'd at least pick a target like, I dunno, ISIS, or Putin? Last time I checked, Anita didn't want to invade the Ukraine or slaughter thousands of innocent people for not being true feminists. Granted, her world view is fucking terrible, but after years of pushing it, zero laws have changed about it and she's never once tried to change the law either. She seems to just want to change the culture. Which, while I disagree with her, she's free to try as often as she likes.

If you don't like it, just move to China already.
This is entirely a strawman. The whole of it.

Literally, all I have done here is debate against the false premise of Anita's argument and call attention to what the ideology begs to do.

I have in no way, shape or form actually actively done anything that you are accusing me of doing- except simply debating the topic from my perspective on things.

Despite this, you are putting me into the category of people who are actively running around on twitter and youtube calling her fowl names and saying she should be raped or killed. None of which I advocate in any way what so ever, and would probably exercise my 2nd Amendment rights to prevent those things from happening to her.

You have completely misunderstood everything down to the very fabric of why I am even debating in this post.

By the way, when she spews her nonsense its:

But when I sit in a forum in a debate on Iwaku apparently its:

being paranoid of something that hasn't happened is something worth spending several waking hours dealing with.
and

if you want to live the rest of your life being forever fucking paranoid of some asshole somewhere who has a different opinion than you because they might one day try to change laws to better suit their vision of the world, feel free to do so.
and
Don't use the actions of a deranged minority from poisoning the well of millions of feminists all over the world.
Etc etc.

Reactions: Shadon Xarian
So people who want females and males treated equally are bad for video games?

I've only skinmed this thread, but that's the jist I'm getting.

So people who want females and males treated equally are bad for video games?
If you aren't properly reading my posts, then I guess that's what you'll get out of it.

Well you're bit about feminists being the worst kind of women caught my eye. I'll admit I couldn't force myself to read the rest of your argument. I just wanted to make sure we were on the same page that feminists are bad news and women shouldn't be treated as equals in video games.

Well you're bit about feminists being the worst kind of women caught my eye. I'll admit I couldn't force myself to read the rest of your argument. I just wanted to make sure we were on the same page that feminists are bad news and women shouldn't be treated as equals in video games.
I'm pretty sure I said feminists are the "weakest" kind of women. If I said worst, my bad. "Weakest" was the intended word.

Regardless, "women shouldn't be treated as equals in video games."

Completely false premise.

Which actually was my argument, meaning that they are treated pretty fairly in video games.

As a side note, what kind of women do you consider worse then feminists? Do you think the brown ones are?
I'm pretty sure I said feminists are the "weakest" kind of women. If I said worst, my bad. "Weakest" was the intended word.

Regardless, "women shouldn't be treated as equals in video games."

Completely false premise.

Which actually was my argument.

Oh, I see what your saying. We should treat women as equals in video games, but not listen to them dirty feminists who ask for equal treatment of women in video games.

As a side note, what kind of women do you consider worse then feminists? Do you think the brown ones are?
Oh I see. You are trying to peg me as some "evil, white, racist, conservative".

Sorry, I'm mixed (and) libertarian.

Oh, I see what your saying. We should treat women as equals in video games, but not listen to them dirty feminists who ask for equal treatment of women in video games.
I'm saying that women are already treated as equals in video gaming, despite what "potty-mouthed princesses" and "free-bleeders" would have the rest of the world believe.

EDIT: Oh the grammatical mistakes I keep having to go back and fix. Thanks bloodsugar, thanks.

Last edited:
Oh I see. You are trying to peg me as some "evil, white, racist, conservative".

Sorry, I'm mixed libertarian.

I'm saying that women are already treated as equals in video gaming, despite what "potty-mouthed princesses" and "free-bleeders" would have the rest of the world believed.

I agree with you 100%. They've just gone too far by asking for more female protagonists and more fleshed out female characters. I'm just glad we're on the same page.

Status
Not open for further replies.