Anira and Kresch

Anira's eyes widened and she began to sob even more uncontrollably. She shrunk away from him, unable to speak. She was in pain, she was broken, and she was weak. She didn't want Kresch to see her like this. Then she remember what the General had said. She looked at him, tears flowing freely down her blood stained cheeks. "You have to get out of here. They will kill you! Please, I'll be fine. He doesn't plan on killing me. I don't want him to hurt you!" She averted her eyes and began shaking violently from pain and sadness.

Kresch knelt down in front of her, and said, wiping the blood-stained tears from her eyes, "Keep your eyes closed, and your head down. I don't want you getting hit by the bodies that will be flying through the air." And with that his eyes began to glow, and he reverted to his true form. He walked out of the room and snared the first guard he came into contact with. He threw him into two other guards down a hall and then retreated back into Anira's holding area. As the guards came rushing in, he dispatched them. Kresch was now fighting not just for himself, but for her as well. This made him use his full potential, which he hadn't done in many years. Blood flew everywhere, it covered the walls, it covered the floor, it covered Kresch. As more guards ran in, they became frozen in fear as they watched Kresch licking the blood from his fingers, his black wings dripping with the blood of their comrades. As they stopped in the threshold, he turned his attention to them. The smirk found its way across his blood soaked lips and his glowing eyes were piercing their very souls. The guards were obliterated swiftly.

After he massacred the guards, he turned to Anira, who still had her head down as instructed. He broke the chains that bound her and scooped her into his arms. As he held her he said softly, "You are safe, my lady." With that they swiftly escaped the dungeons and flew out of the city. He made sure not to lose his form early so they could get far enough away. After a few minutes of flight, he landed in a secluded clearing with an abandoned shack. He burst through the door and gently laid her on one of the beds that was in the room. He reverted back to is familiar form and started attending to her wounds. As he was doing this, she was finally able to speak to him.

"Y...you killed them all didn't you?" She whispered, still violently shaking from the pain and fear. He only looked at her for a few seconds before turning his attention back to her wounds. She let the tears falls freely now. The pain traveled through out her entire body, causing her to fight for consciousness. She did not want to sleep. Not yet. She had to thank him, she had to yell at him. She needed the truth.

"Yes. The only one who I did not have the pleasure of killing for doing this to you is the General. He is the only one who is still alive." He said coldly. She almost forced a smile through the pain. She looked at him, watching him carefully dress her wounds. He was seemed almost too careful like she would break more than she already was. She spoke up again, barely above a whisper.

"Thank you, for saving me again. It seems like you've been doing that a lot lately." She choked out a small laugh. "I m..mean't to tell you before that I..." Before she could finish her sentence the pain finally became to much for her and she slipped into a dreamless sleep.

After he was done attending to her wounds, Kresch surveyed the area around the shack. There was not a soul in sight, then again, he did destroy all of the guards anyway. He spent the next few days watching over her to make sure she didn't have any ill effects from the punishment she took. He used a form of healing magic to be completely certain that she recovered fully. He didn't sleep during this time, it was too dangerous. Thankfully, he didn't need to sleep much. After a few days had passed, she began to stir in her bed. Kresch was outside surveying the area as she awoke.

Anira's eyes slowly opened, the light from the sun seeped in through small cracks in the roof above her. She tried to move, to her surprise all she felt was sore, almost as if she had completely healed. Slowly she stood from the bed and stretched, her muscles aching but it was bearable. She looked around the small shack and saw new clothing and her weapons waiting for her on the table. She quickly changed and looked around for Kresch. She slowly walked outside and let the air hit her body. Once she was in better light she looked down at the parts of her body that were exposed. Scars covered her fair skin, she gazed upon them with disdain, but knew they would be a reminder of what Firenthius had done to her, to her family and it motivated her. She noticed Kresch not to far so she approached him slowly.

"I think I owe you another thank you." She said quietly once she was close enough.

He paused to look at her and noticed all of the scars on her body. She was still just as fair as when he first met her. After a few moments, he said in his calm, cold voice, "You should be resting. I can tell you're not fully healed yet."

She let out a small laugh. "I feel perfectly fine. You healed me amazingly, I feel as if I could fight right now." She kept her gaze even on the ground. She felt his gaze on her scars and she felt belittle because she had let this happen. Taking a deep breath she began, "Thank you again. That was really dangerous and you could have gotten killed. It was foolish of me to have run off on my own that day. I was just very confused and I needed some time to think. I was on my way back to the camp when I was ambushed by the assassins. You didn't have to come save me. You really didn't yet you did. He threatened to kill you, to get to me." She stopped and took a deep breath, readying herself to say what she was going to next.

"He threatened to hurt you because he knew I cared for you. Why, I do not know. You used to frighten me, now I only feel safe when I'm around you. You've saved me countless times now, and I can't thank you enough for that. I never though you a fool for I was beginning to feel the same way. Now I feel foolish. I keep putting myself into dangerous circumstances." She sighed and finally brought her eyes up to him. He had been quiet this entire time. "I will not ask you to help me anymore for I know you only want to accomplish what you came here for. I will no longer cause you to go out of your way for a weakling like me. Thank you for everything." She stopped and turned away, to go fetch her things to leave.

Kresch just stood there, stricken. He did not want her to leave his side. She was what gave him the will to do what he did in the dungeons. It was her that he cared for. She was the only one he had ever cared for. She had entered the shack by now, and he was still standing there. She had gathered her things and was headed back outside when she noticed him still standing in the same spot she had left him in. As she came into his view, he found his voice again, "My lady, you are by no means weak. Yes, I have saved you a few times, but you have also saved me. You have given me a reason to enjoy life. These past weeks have been the best I can remember, and I don't want them to end. I have been lying to myself by saying it's all business. It has turned into something more than that. You want to know why I feel this way about you? It's because you are the first person to not treat me like a monster. You treated me as an equal, which is what sparked my fondness for you."

With bow and sword in hand, she stopped before him shocked by his words. She stared into his eyes, which, if she hadn't know any better, seem to be pleading her to stay. It was a few moments before she found her voice to speak again. "So you wish me to stay?" She couldn't believe what she had heard, let alone how she felt. She had been fighting herself since she had awoke to leave his side. She didn't not want to leave, she wanted to stay but she felt as though if she did, it would halt his own plans.

"I do wish you to stay, my lady. My goals will be accomplished no matter what. But you are not expendable, nor are you a hindrance. You are in fact a catalyst. You make me use my potential to the fullest. That was the only way I was able to save you from within the dungeon. This is not to suggest that you have to be in danger, but to be merely by my side." His eyes never left hers as he said these words.

She averted her eyes for a few moments, contemplating her next choice of words. Smiling, she approached him till there was but inches between them. She leaned up and gently placed her lips against his cheek. Pulling away, she walked past him and walked towards Anna. "I believe that we both have a score to settle now. I will not rest until until Firenthius is dead. Now if you'd like to join me, please hurry." She said smirking, something she had picked up from him.

Hearing those words, and feeling her lips on his skin, caused his eyes to start glowing. This only occurred when he was on the extreme ends of his emotions. Noticing she was already atop her horse, he quickly hopped on his. They looked at each other for a brief moment before she started to speed away. He watched her ride away, and the only words in his mind were, "My lady..."

He quickly realized how far away she was, and commanded his horse to catch up. It took him a few minutes, but he managed to catch up with her without much trouble.

Once they had reached the edge of the city, Anira dismounted Anna and waited until Kresch dismounted his horse. She led him to a secret tunnel her father had once told her of as a child, that led directly into the prison, near the General's chambers. As they reached the entrance, she stopped and turned to him, staring into his eyes, "I only ask of one thing from you. I wish to deliver the final blow to Firenthius. I wish to kill the bastard that destroyed my life." She said quietly casting her eyes down to the scars on her arms, gently placing a hand on the ones on her left arm.

"I've told you, anything you wanted out of this was yours. If you so desire to be the one to kill him, then you will be the one to do so. I will not hinder you." And with that he nodded and proceeded into the tunnel. After a few steps he turned to her again and said, "Even though you are scarred, you are still a beautiful creature, my lady." After the words left him, he turned and resumed heading down the tunnel.

Though he continued forward, she stopped but for a moment to smile at the kind words he said. She followed him to the very edge of the tunnel, where she took the lead. She opened the small grated door before them. They found themselves in the room where she, herself had been tortured. She stopped again looking around the room. There were still stains of blood where she had lain, as well as where Kresch had slain the soldiers who tried to attack them. The blood fueled her anger, causing her to press forward. Exiting the room, she freely walked around knowing Kresch had killed all of the soldiers. She readied her bow as they got closer to the General's door, and turned a corner. There stood six heavily armed bandits standing before the door.

"You people lost or something?" One of the bandits spoke, this one, Kresch determined, was the one in charge of the group. Kresch stepped forward, the smirk ever so present on his face. "Oh no, we are not lost, my good man, we are here to see the General. We have some, shall we say, unfinished business with him." The bandit leader spoke once again, "I don't think you have business with him. In fact, I think you need to leave. If you don't, you'll be made to regret it." Kresch took another step forward, and his eyes started to glow. "Are you sure we will regret killing you? I honestly don't think so."

One of the bandits recognized his glowing eyes, "By the Gods..." and dropped to his knees. The others, believing he was cursed, attacked Kresch. Kresch in true form dispatched them one by one. Crimson covered him yet again. Anira could not look away from him. She was fascinated by what he was. After the bandits had been swiftly slaughtered, Kresch motioned his hand to the door. "My lady, would you do the honors and let the General know his guests have arrived?"

Smirking, she walked around him, no longer afraid of him. She kicked the door open, revealing the General inside. He had been seated at a small table, but then jumped up to his feet as the door flew open. He stared wide eyed at the pair before him. Anira stood closer to him, anger and fury in her eyes, and Kresch standing behind her protectively in his true form, a horrifying beast that the General had never seen before. Anira shot an arrow into the General's should causing him to fall to the ground in pain. She quickly strode up to him and pressed her foot firmly into his neck pressing him down into the floor. "You were right, Firenthius. It wasn't over, but now it will be. Now why did you kill my father?" She demanded, pressing her foot harder against his neck.

"I...I was ordered to kill him!" He coughed out. He could barely breath but he knew that she wanted more answers. "The Queen wanted your father dead!" He forced out. Anira glared at him and readied her bow with an arrow pointed directly between his eyes. "S..s..she wanted him dead because he was thought to have killed you as a baby!" Anira paused. She was confused. What had he meant? She looked back at Kresch hoping he could shed some light on what he meant.

Kresch was staring at the General. He couldn't believe he was still believing the lie. The Queen knew that Anira would take over when it was her time, so she had the General kill her father as an attempt to remove any sort of history on the matter. The Queen still ruled, which didn't surprise Kresch in the slightest. He knew what she was.

"Firenthius, you are a fool," Kresch had finally spoke, "Do you honestly believe this utter nonsense spewing from your mouth?" The General stared at him, with both fear and wonder, in his eyes. She was staring at Kresch. She knew he knew something on this matter. Seeing the look on her face, he calmly said "All in due time, my lady. But these stories are not why we are here. You wanted your revenge, and now is your chance." The smirk found its way across his lips once more.

Anira kept moving her gaze between the General and Kresch. She was conflicted. She lessened the pressure on the General's neck as she looked at Kresch for guidance. She though she could trust him, yet here he stood, knowing more than she could have imagined. Firenthius took advantage of her being distracted and threw her off. He stood and took off running towards Kresch, a knife having found a way into his hand. Anira regained her composure and saw Kresch's eyes were glowing and he was ready to strike. Before he got the chance, an arrow pierced Firenthius through the temple. He collapsed at Kresch's feet, leaving a thick layer of silence lingering in the air.

Kresch stared at the corpse and muttered, "Fool..." He looked over to her, who still had her eyes on him. Even when she looked upset at him, she was still captivating. He found his voice moments later, and said "We need to leave. Now."