Anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That being said I'm watching Evangelion.
GIRL KEEP ME POSTED

Though it's not exactly the easiest anime to like, lol

that said, yea i'm anime trash too, OP

versed in the realms of anime, manga, light novels, and visual novels. might be getting into some more manhwa / manhuwa soon enough as well. don't make me list everything i like

Reactions: Mu
My favorite anime at the moment is Hataraku Maou-sama! I know not many people like it....but I just can't help myself.

I MEAN LOOK AT HOW CUTE THE CHARACTERS ARE

4848006e00c4d9e0f0fe38252e8f22334055e705_hq.gif

ec0c9ef893fc92226773b4703b56688d936ef5fe_hq.gif

tumblr_npx3doOy3F1u0i8cyo1_500.gif

tumblr_mmebd4RKxF1rojlt6o1_500.gif

tumblr_mpn992gPIb1rsxn5po1_500.gif

tumblr_mnoipu97HI1qgelpbo2_500.gif

Reactions: ☆Luna☆
I've watched/read:
  • K ProjectHakuouki (the game was much better)
  • Kekkai Sensen
  • Durarara
  • Code Geass
  • Pandora Hearts (read the manga)
  • Katekyo Hitman Reborn
  • Zetsuen no Tempest
  • Haikyuu
  • Osomatsu-san
  • Madoka Magica
  • Bungou Stray Dogs
  • Kiznaiver
  • RWBY
  • Free!!
  • Hetalia
  • Dangan Ronpa
  • SDR3
But I'm looking for some newer anime to watch. Does anyone have any recommendations? I really am not picky with genre, but I'm hoping to watch an anime with a good amount of main, female characters.

Love anime! But I mostly read manga because it takes less time, and I don't need to pause it.

Bungou Stray Dogs, which came out this spring, was pretty great. But my overall favorite anime/manga is Pandora Hearts.
I didn't get to watch Stray Dogs. What did you like about it?

I didn't get to watch Stray Dogs. What did you like about it?
Hey!

I read the manga, and watched the anime.

What did I like about Bungou Stray Dogs?

I liked that it was all over the place, for one! The pacing was a bit too quick, and the plot of every episode changed kind of fast. We were introduced to new characters quite often, which is to be expected, since they only had 12 episodes of time. The anime was so colorful, and most of the animation was stellar. I really tend to look at art style and animation a lot in anime. I guess because I'm going into art as a career, so style and detail always sticks out to me.

I believe that some of the people who did Ouran High School Host Club also worked on it?

Aside from that, the character designs were really neat. Dazai Osamu--one of the lead characters--is one of my favorite anime characters to date! And the series is still very young, with not too many manga chapters and only one season of the anime. Character design is very big to me, and they really knocked it out of the park.

They also did a great job with characterization. Although this is more apparent in the manga, which is further along. I'm personally biased towards Dazai--who is very well written, and has many interesting aspects of his personality. I won't go in to deep in case you watch/read it.

Every character is named after a famous author, too! And every character tends to have a power that's somehow related to a novel or work that the author they're based on wrote. It's a concept that intrigued me very much! Although the powers can get a bit goofy at times, such as Motojirou Kaiji.

Overall, that's why I liked Bungou!

• Thank You
Reactions: ☆Luna☆
But I'm looking for some newer anime to watch. Does anyone have any recommendations? I really am not picky with genre, but I'm hoping to watch an anime with a good amount of main, female characters.
It's not new but have you tried Nana?

I love anime! I've been trying to get into the classics of late.
So far Cardcaptor Sakura is proving to be the comfiest show I've ever seen.
As for favorites, I really like Barakamon, Eva, and Nichijou.

Status
Not open for further replies.