Anime/Manga.

• Thread starter ☆Ƭнє☆Sтαя☆Ƈнιℓ∂☆
  • Start date

Sasuke Uchiha or Naruto Uzumaki?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say they both excelled in different areas. I liked the action and hype better for Zero, but UBW delivered a more interesting and ultimately satisfying plot.

Broskander's greatness cannot be questioned though.

Lies ubw needed more threesomes. Damn it I want my ship to be realized!!

Angel Beats, I haven't seen. Zero no Tsukaima doesn't interest me, because it's FAR too into the bipolar violent tsundere routine (or, I just never bothered to give it a watch, so whatever). Madoka, I thought could go without mention, because just about everyone has seen it and knows about it. IS is alright, but too much generic harem. Decent mecha musume-ish designs though, and the actual bits of plot were interesting enough. I get the feeling the LNs are far better than the show, in that regard. Laura is best girl.

Avatar's a mecha musume, R-90 Ragnarok, specifically. If you do use the art for something, just make sure you hunt down the full sized version.

Here's a list of my top 15 favorite anime with honorable mentions:

15. One Piece
14. Devil May Cry: The Animated Series
13. Naruto
12. Bleach
11. Full Metal Alchemist (Original and Brotherhood)
10. Eureka Seven
9. Suzuka
8. Peach Girl
7. Yu-Gi-Oh (Original, GX, and 5D's)
6. Shaman King
5. Saiyuki Reload
4. Yu Yu Hakusho
3. InuYasha
2. NANA
1. Dragon Ball Z

Honorable Mentions:

Maburaho
Ninja Nonsense
Sonic X
Bakugan (all seasons)
Prince Of Tennis
Zatch Bell

Soooo glad you watch Mirai Nikki instead of future diary >.< future diary is so stupid. It leaves out important info in place of being a cheese fest of 90's wording.

I have a hard time seeing DxD as an echi, it's plot and a pretty damn good one, not to mention character interactions.

My all time favorite anime has to be inuasha. It was just perfect. Perfect character interactions, perfect characters, perfect plot, perfect progression. It's the masterpiece of masterpieces.

One I can watch over and over is Kill la Kill. The humor and characters are so funny XD like the beginning with Gamamori just stepping inside the class room and stretching to take up 25% of it XD then the kid runs down the stairs but in the background you see him falling then when the kid opens the door, gamamori stretches in towering him XD

OR THE NUDIST BEACH LEADER XD THST GUY!!!!!!

2 overrated animes are attack on Titan and gurren Lagan. Both good, but got DAMN are they overrated.
InuYasha is a CLASSIC!

I just watched the last naruto movie... And eh, I LOVED the art style of the intro, and Shikimaru's new personality is super fun. But there's a few problems I had with it that ruined it for me.

1. Terrible execution. Like holy CRAP did I feel like I was reading a bad NaruHina fan-fiction. The story its self is pretty damn good and I think fits pretty well in the Naruto universe. BUT the way they did it was terrible I think. Shame too, there was allot of potential.
What could they have done to improve it? Well one thing is make Hinata do more than just stand around DX I seem to be one of the very few people who sees that Hinata is actually quite strong. But apparently the writers don't seem to agree in this movie -.- They COULD have had Hinata join that final fight, but no, they threw her in a cage. Normally I don't like to call people "Damsel's in distress" Because normally, the "Damsel" is trapped by someone who is FAR more powerful than they can even dream to become so it makes sense. But Hinata COULD have fought back and made a difference but didn't, so she was flat out Damseled DX

2. It seems that Naruto forgotten his powers. At first I was thinking "Does he not have his tailed beast mode anymore?" But in the end, he uses it, and is even better with it now than he was before. So i'm confused why he didn't use it during the chase scene in the village. That ain't no 6 tails form either so it's not like he'll be destroying the entire village. He COULD just quickly go in that mode, be super fast, save hinata and 1 shot the guy, and end it. But nooooooooooooooo, they had to make Naruto a moron. Which sure, he kinda is, but he's always been pretty smart when it came to fighting. So much so that even Shickimaru gave him praise the few times he saw him fight.

2.5 It was SUPER ballsy to launch that rasan-shurriken at the guy when he was holding Hinata. did we all forget what the rasan-shuriken did to Kakuzu? And the one he was using in the movie seems to be an even more powerful one than even before.

3. Hinata had no personality in the movie. And before you say "She never did" I would argue that she always did. Yeah she was shy, but the anime (I think Manga too) made her personality quite clear, and shined when Naruto wasn't around. In the movie though, they took it away because a scarf needed knitting and she "needed" to keep to herself... For some reason.

4. Not really a complaint, but I feel like they shouldn't be having Iphones and Macs XD I can barely tolerate it when Naruto is Hokage, but 2 years after the war? That feels too soon to me.

And that's just what comes to mind. I'm just saying this movie could have been SOOOOOOOOOOOO much better, but they focused way too much on something that they clearly didn't know how to do without it being forced.

Ello. Couldn't help but notice the thread.

So, my list of favorite anime shows are as follow (Not in any particular order except for the first being top):

Date A Live (Both Seasons) (TOP)
Dragon Ball (Original and Z)
Fairy Tail
Guilty Crown
Mirai Nikki
SAO
Gurren Lagann
Assassination Classroom

Currently Watching:
Fairy Tail (2014 continuation)
Dragon Ball Super

My top favorite male character would have to be Kamina from Gurren Lagann, because he was just a man in a mecha, who managed to prove that until his end how humanity's strongest tool will forever be the will they possess, and not strength, brains, or anything else. Will.

My top favorite female character is gotta go to the one who is staring at me from a poster on my wall. Kurumi Tokisaki, from Date A Live. Mysterious Murdereous spirit, one with frightening powers that can suck the life out of you when you are in her shadows, create an army or herself, or manipulate time for herself, others, and in many ways too (Including time travel). Of course, she cannot just use the time power just like that, she needs to take time from people (Kill them), and then she can use it.

But the most interesting thing behind the character I find is her end goal. She appears to be semi-obsessed with the main male char in the show, but be even more driven towards the goal of finding the one who had caused a major event in the background of the show, and alter that. If that is done, then she, along with many other chars, will seemingly cease to exist, while all the lives she took will be brought back. She is a Psychopath, yet one with a rather noble end goal that will save millions.

So, that is all from me. Gracias for reading.

@Nim
Kurumi. Everything about her design/character intrigues me. The clock eye, the red eye, that power of hers that I still don't fully understand DX too bad there's only been 2 seasons. Is there any word of a 3rd season?

• Love
Reactions: Nim
Man, Guilty Crown was a fun ride. Lot of wasted potential somehow, but it was fun nonetheless. It's certainly ripe with ideas to steal appropriate for later use.

Also, Date a Live was pretty entertaining. I like Origami best though (unpopular? opinion).

• Love
Reactions: Nim
I've watched far more anime than a reasonable person should. So much so, that I actually have difficulty listing which were my favorites. If you tell me any anime you like and why you liked it, chances are I will know about something else you will enjoy watching. I have a crunchyroll account, and I set aside time to watch anime both as it comes out, and by friend recommendation. I watch basically every genre, though I do have a fond spot for well done Slice of Life.

Rather than attempting to list my favorite anime of all time, I'll just list what I'm following this season. And no, I don't read the manga.

God Eater - Low expectations, but they could surprise me
Rokka - Braves of the Six Flowers - It starts out a little slow, and it doesn't have a detectable overarching theme, but seems interesting enough.
Baby Steps - By the end of this anime, you might suddenly find yourself a tennis fan. This is sports anime done extremely well. If you need an entry point into this genre, this is an exceptional entry point.
World Trigger - Very slow start, and pretty subpar animation. However, an RPer might like this anime simply because it introduces a very interesting and well thought out world. If you are a fan, it is ridiculously easy to turn this into an RP.
Charlotte - The people who made angel beats made this. They did not lose their touch. This is a masterpiece. I'd recommend this to anyone who enjoys slice of life that has a little bit of action on the side.
Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma - This anime is basically the answer to the question, "What if top chief was an anime?" The animation will make cooking feel intense. Watch the first episode. If you like it, you'll like the entire thing. Warning, this is an Ecchi title.
Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA ILLYA 2wei Herz- This is basically a filler season. I'm here because I'm a yuri fiend. If you want to get into this title, watch the first season, and then ask if you'd like to see filler episodes with all the characters.
GATE - The first episode actually made me give up on this prematurely. It wasn't until I heard chatter about it being good that I watched further. I was not disappointed.
Danchigai - Cute, short, slice of life. Don't watch it if incest bothers you.

I've been pretty slow at watching anime lately due to lack of time.

Anime in queue:
Hakuoki
Durarara (I really need to finish this series. Its loooong overdue)
No Game No Life
KHR (I hit the 100th episode finally!)
Star Driver
Sengoku Collection (for funs)
Food Wars
Mushishi
Pandora Hearts (only read the manga so far)
Hellsing Ultimate
FMA
Sword Art Online

Anime I completed and loved:
Gankutsuou
Black Butler
Lovely Complex
Saiyuki
Cardcaptor Sakura
Rurouni Kenshin
Sengoku Basara
Hellsing
Natsume Yuujincho
DNAngel
Full Metal Panic!
Mononoke
Cowboy Bebop
Outlaw Star
Slayers
Tactics

Anime I dropped:
Bleach (it lost the feeling of the first seasons)
Knight Hunters: Retribution (Didn't care for the plot)
Vampire Knight (I didn't find the characters relatable or likable)
Inuyasha (Gave up on all the fillers and read the manga xD )
Burst Angel (I understand that fanservice is commonplace but this one irked me with pointless zoom-ins and cutaways from important plot things)

Reactions: Saito Hajime
Some amazing anime...

POKEMON!
SAO
Toradora

Corpse party tortured souls
Another
Shugo Chara
Tokyo Mew Mew
Akegami no Shirayukihime
Kyoukai no Rinne
JunjFH#@&$8q4
Sekai Ichi Ha8XD398w#H!U

[spoili]If my parents [spoili]or siblings or friends or teachers or anyone I've ever talked IRL to ever[/spoili] ask, tell 'em those last two were only there to get people to like me. O.O[/spoili]​
Also, hey, I'm a Vocaloid fan.
Just in case anyone has any idea what that is.
Lol, I'mma go hide in my room now.​

@Nim
Kurumi. Everything about her design/character intrigues me. The clock eye, the red eye, that power of hers that I still don't fully understand DX too bad there's only been 2 seasons. Is there any word of a 3rd season?

No announcement yet, but the movie came out in theaters in Japan in Saturday, so perhaps soon enough.

No announcement yet, but the movie came out in theaters in Japan in Saturday, so perhaps soon enough.
There's a movie coming out? o.o Didn't think it was THAT popular. Is there a specific place to checkup on date a live stuff or do you just look up the name periodically and see if anythings new?

There's a movie coming out? o.o Didn't think it was THAT popular. Is there a specific place to checkup on date a live stuff or do you just look up the name periodically and see if anythings new?

Being an avid fan of Date A Live means I often go check the wikia and any other source I can find. And yes, there is a movie that came out on saturday, its non-canon, theaterical release, which was first announced at the end of Season 2, but the name of it wasn't revealed until March this year, during Date a Fes II (A little Date A Live Convention). The Date A live wiki has links to many other useful sites regarding the light novels/anime/movie/anything regarding the series :D

I almost always steer clear of Slice of life animes, it just seems that they are more absurd and dumb than the actiony stuff, and I'd rather watch absurd yet awesome fights than absurd stuff of just regular life. Just my opinion though, don't take it too heart.

My list of anime I love looks like this:

Number 1 goes to Gungrave because that anime is criminally underrated and has some of the best character development in most anime.
everything else after is no order whatsoever.

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood( slightly less so, the 2003 series.)
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
Berserk
Gundam Wing/G-Gundam
GunXsword
Gurren Lagann
Fairy Tail
Heat Guy J
Blood Blockade Battlefront
Guyver: Bioboosted Armor
Baccano!
Persona 4: Animation
Dragonball Z(nostalgic mostly)
Samurai 7
Akira
Steamboy
One Piece
Soul Eater
Vampire Hunter D

I almost always steer clear of Slice of life animes, it just seems that they are more absurd and dumb than the actiony stuff, and I'd rather watch absurd yet awesome fights than absurd stuff of just regular life. Just my opinion though, don't take it too heart.

My list of anime I love looks like this:

Number 1 goes to Gungrave because that anime is criminally underrated and has some of the best character development in most anime.
everything else after is no order whatsoever.

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood( slightly less so, the 2003 series.)
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
Berserk
Gundam Wing/G-Gundam
GunXsword
Gurren Lagann
Fairy Tail
Heat Guy J
Blood Blockade Battlefront
Guyver: Bioboosted Armor
Baccano!
Persona 4: Animation
Dragonball Z(nostalgic mostly)
Samurai 7
Akira
Steamboy
One Piece
Soul Eater
Vampire Hunter D
This person pretty much have my exact tastes :D. Albeit I value 2003 FMA over Brotherhood. Oh and add GITS to that.

Honorary Mention; Witch Hunter Robin, Read or Die, Ergo Proxy, Scr-y-eD, Honey x Clover (The only Slice of Life anime I enjoyed ever)

I'm watching the naruto movies in reverse order and they seem to be getting worse and worse DX

The last naruto movie- sucked
Road to ninja- sucked
Blood prison- okay but makes no sense
Lost tower- pretty good and pleasant.

Ninja clash in the land of snow- really good.

The primary problem with the ones that suck are MAJOR missed opportunities. Sadly, I think those opprotunites were well needed for that movie to be good (it's sad that the 2 I think suck are the 2 written by kishimoto himself DX)

Watched a few more Naruto movies XD

Inheritors of the will of fire- Not bad. It was a bit odd and I get what they were trying to do, but I feel like they did it wrong XP And a few things to me doesn't make sense. Like things that happened in this movie had drastic measures, things that wouldn't have been a big deal in the anime/manga.

Bonds- O.O O.O O.O This movie was GOOD! Even while watching it in crappy audio. It actually got my feels going (I actually liked the doctor) But it's kinda pushing it a bit in terms of technology. Kishimoto said a while ago "There will never be guns in Naruto" And although TECHNICALLY he's not wrong, he's REALLY pushing the "Close enough" boundary. But I didn't care much XD It was a good movie and kinda confirms to me that they have been getting worse and worse as time goes on.

Shippuden movie 1- BORING!!!!!!!!! It's not a BAD movie. But just super boring. I was considering just stopping it and playing meta gear solid peace walker HD but I decided "Uggggg... I may as well finish it so I never have to watch it again."

So out of the shippuden movies, I like 2 of them, find 2 of them pretty okay movies, 2 of them SUCKS, and 1 super boring. These movies are REALLY hit or miss.

So next up whenever I feel like it, I'll watch guardians of the Crescent moon kingdom, and the legend of the stone of Gelel. Then finish it all off with Boruto the movie. And thus, mah Naruto movie watching thing will come to an end (Till the next one XP)

Status
Not open for further replies.