Lusterless Nova

Passionate Roleplayer
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per week
Online Availability
A few hours each day, and many hours on Sunday (I need to work like any other bloke)
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Hi there! My name is Lusterless Nova, but call me LuNo. I am 27 years old and roleplay since 9 years. It's my main hobby, second only to Final Fantasy XIV. This means that I don't dedicate most of my day only to roleplaying, so I will post about 4-3 times per week. 1 time minimum, with at least 2 paragraphs. More if I'm inspired. Oh. And I don't care what gender you actually are. If you can play your character, that's all that matters to me.
I am currently looking for romance. "With or without hot steaming action?". With, but please bear with my request not to make this element kick in too early. In my head, it tones down the whole romance thing to gray if it feels forced. So. If you give it some time, and you give our characters to develop certain feelings, I will reward your patience with detailed paragraphs of 2 bodies touching, rubbing, and burning up the other.

My rules are simple.
-No one liners please. I will supply you with at least 2 paragraphs and ask that you do me the same favor.
-No sudden leaving without notice (I will poke you if you don't post for a week). Now, this is a serious issue. If you seem unreliable by doing that, you'll end on my ignore list quicker than you think.
-Only anime faceclaims please because real or semi real faceclaims creep me out. Can't do anything about it.

Follow those, and I will in turn do my best to entertain you with every paragraph. Sound good? If you feel like it, you can also add me on discord (LuNo#8867). We can either RP there or use it to plot faster. Any questions left? Write me a pm so we can sate that curiosity.

Now that the most important stuff out of the way, let's get to the plots. All plots are subject to change if you want to add or remove parts of them. I am looking for MxF and FxF pairings, so I will try to offer 2 characters when able. MC means "My character". YC means Your Character. Roles I will play are written in blue.
Please PM me for more details about any plot that might interest you. I like to keep them open here, but will go into detail if you're interested.

Plots

Medieval Fantasy
(This plot came to me when I wanted to think of an MxF, but if you wanna try FxM or FxF instead let me know. I'll make a female elf OC just for you.)

Elfx(Warrior? Princess? Trader? Your call here really)
Just how did YC find herself in a cage? She knows she was on her way to somewhere, then there was mist, probably gas now that she thought about it, and now she was in trouble. Put in rags, in a cage, while lowlifes boasted about their new possessions (whatever she had with her. Depends on your character).

As it turns out though, they are not alone. In the forest where they set up camp lives someone. A someone who sways while walking, mumbles nonsense, and has a rather big bottle in his hand. "Hey! Surrender your booze!" he yelled. "A doomed fool" she thinks, but as a fight starts, the person shows he is leagues above the grunts even while drunk. While they take a well deserved nap in the dirt, the man who turns out to be an elf walks up to her cage. "Where'd you come from???" He looks at her as if she was a unicorn, then notices the lock, and opens it without another word. "Now that you're free, have a drink!" And before she knows it, he already offers her a bottle.

He laughs, compliments her looks, laughs more, and smiles as she vents as well. But at one point, he becomes surprisingly calm all of a sudden. "Huh. I'm a nice guy, aren't I? So why am I alone?" While thinking about it, she realizes she is in a similar position. Was there someone who would feel actual grief if she would have passed away this night? Someone who was not part of her family? "...Wanna come to my place?"

They go to his home, pass out, and as it turns out though, he was so drunk while this happened that he remembers nothing the next morning. Expect some awkwardness, but kindness too.
Sr7uugj.png

Name: Eryn
Race: Elf
Background: Eryn was raised among forest elves, where she grew up like any other of her kind. But when a human came through, interest sparked in her, and while she had to tell him off, she couldn't help but to ask him things. How the world outside the forest was like, how many other elves the human knew, and where he got some of his foods from. In the end, rather than telling him off, Eryn joined him on his travels. She learned from him how the world worked and saw an opportunity to become independent when they came across a forest uninhabited by elves or humans. For good reasons. It was known to be dangerous. But Eryn decided to stay there and made it her home. She occasionally goes to nearby towns to trade and keep herself informed, and as such, the story of an elf helping wanderers spread.

Personality: Eryn does her best to retain a cool and mature demeanor, but her kind side comes through regardless, and she finds herself helping even strangers on occasion. She listens to the voice of reason, and her pragmatism lets her stand as an adult.
However. When intoxicated, Eris has the tendency to jump from mood to mood. Specifically: Overly motivated, reflective, and rowdy.
or
TnCAfDJ.jpg

Name: Aren
Race: Elf
Background: Aren is an elf who grew up like most others of his kind. But at one point, he wasn't satisfied with how many limitations traditions put on him. Motivated by the rebel inside him, he left, leaving only a letter behind. The forest between two kingdoms is his home by now, and he used the time to learn many crafts. He became an independent person thanks to his new skills, and profits from the forest's resources while protecting it.

Personality: Aren gave up on the ways and teachings of his kind, making him unlike most elves. He is arrogant and cocky, and uses whatever means are available to secure his life standard. But he is also kind towards outsiders and supports those in dire need. Still. He is convinced that humans are an inferior race due to their lifespan and ego, which makes him often difficult to deal with. Not that he doesn't like them, but he has that thought in the back of his mind.
Slave x Commoner or Noble
MxF

It's not exactly known how nobles became nobles in the first place, but what is known is that they have money, power, influence, good looks, and slaves. Most of which are given to the next generation over and over. But what if there is no next generation to pass their possessions to? In such a situation is the person resting in a coffin, the last of his name. It happened in the middle of the night, their heart just gave up. And the surprise didn't end here. Not a single soul found it necessary to attend to their funeral. The preacher is left speechless to see that no one came. But then the door opens, and YC walks in to seek shelter from the rain outside. He smiles, greets her with open arms, and asks her to sit down. This would be a good time for her to ask what exactly was going on, but he was already starting chanting his rites.

Deciding to just roll with it, YC makes herself comfortable and waits throughout the ceremony. At the end, something unusual happens though. The preacher sits down beside her and tells her of the deceased person's last will. That the rest of their possessions are to be split among those who came to their funeral. And with just her coming, whatever was left was now all hers, and would be brought to her tomorrow. She leaves, and the next day, she is woken up by the sound of someone knocking on her house's door. Remembering what this was probably about, she opens the door and stares at a shackled, man sized mountain of muscle calling her "mistress".
7iWICM7.jpg

Name: Quillon
Race: Human
Background: Quillon was born into the servitude of a noble household, and fortunately for him, it wasn't an abusive one. A calm person from his earliest days, he learned quickly to obey his masters. There were times when he was envious of those who were free, but he noticed a benefit they did not have. He had a place to sleep, food, and the work gave him discipline while teaching him skills others did not have. It wasn't easy, but it was a safe way to live.

With his last master passing on one would assume he would take the chance and escape, but where too? Quillon doesn't know many people, wouldn't know how to acquire a house for himself, let alone how to find a job. His best bet to stay alive and healthy was to go with his master's last wish and become the willing servant of whoever would attend to the funeral and hold his ownership documents.

Personality: Quillon is loyal to a fault. Like a dog's way of living taken to the extreme, he will protect and care for his owners and ask for little to nothing in return. A place to sleep at, food, and work. He goes by his philosophy "A happy master is a good master", which made him learn to take care of housework, strengthen his body as far as he could to keep them safe, and even read and write.
But as happy as he is, deep in his mind he is aware that he is incomplete, and that the only reason he keeps living this life is that he knows no alternative. Furthermore, that he is afraid of it.
Alchemist x Pupil
MxF

Life wasn't easy for YC from the start. Constantly ill, there were few tasks they could handle outside of the usual housework. Symptoms such as coughing, wheezing, shortness of breath and/or chest tightness, would pop up when they tried something too hard, and there doesn't seem a way around it. The local doctor at least reassured that it wasn't a lethal condition, at least as long as they didn't push themselves too far.

A couple days ago, interesting news came through. Someone moved into their town a couple days ago. Not a knight or noble, but an alchemist. A rare profession these days. Led by curiosity, YC decides to drop by and see what an alchemist does actually. A little peek never hurt. YC finds the door wide open, takes a little look inside, and spots a figure working on a contraption involving metal barrels and pipes. YC makes another step, making the wood creak under their foot, and as MC notices them, they smile and offer the guest tea.

New to this town, MC wants to make a good first impression, so they start talking about this and that. They exchange a few more words, and MC eventually notices YC's symptoms. Having a good idea of what it might be, she offers YC a deal. MC would become her tutor, teach them the ways of alchemy, and also how to treat their illness herself. In return, YC would work as her assistant for a small wage.

x1nqQNX.png

Name: [WIP]
Background: [WIP]

tQXJUaA.jpg

QPimo0F.png

Name: Komyo von Kyoku
Background: Komyo's past seems non existant. No one heard of him prior to moving into a certain town, and his name doesn't appear in any scientific works as it is usual for alchemists. This does make him a little mysterious, but he lives in town like any other villager. When asked about it, he claims to have been on a journey, but his body isn't supporting this story due to not having the typical scratches of someone who was traveling, or the fit build of someone who would be on their feet for days.
Personality: Komyo is a charming person. He has a way with words that most find either entertaining, or high and mighty, and he tends to act like a father figure towards those in need. As such, he supports those he likes and tries his best to guide them to be better people.
But he is far from being a perfect role model. He can't help but tease those he likes on occasion, his stubborn nature can make it difficult to convince him of something new, and his cocky nature sometimes makes him insensitive and prone to make mistakes.
Still. Those who can make him a friend usually only benefit from it. Not financially, but in spiritual ways because he guides them to answers they didn't know they needed.

Modern Fantasy
FxM or FxF
Esper x ???

Behind the scenes, the UCTC, (United Chemical Testing Corporation) started distributing a performance enhancer to a limited clientele. In truth, it was a drug that caused humans to rapidly mutate and also caused the taker to become extremely susceptible to “foreign ideas,” aka brain washing, for their own benefit. It took them years to finally find the right chemical mixture that mutated their human test subjects into something more powerful than just a human and also make them susceptible. These beings were dubbed Espers.

The pill had several downsides that the company had not tested thoroughly enough. For one, the pill affected every person individually. Some mutated over a very short period of time while others took longer to mutate. Sometimes the drug changed them physically and other times it changed them mentally. The most common form of the mutation was physically and that was what UCTC generally took as ‘successful’ subjects. The subjects that changed mentally were kept for studying. Patients who became extremely smart were turned into human computers. Patients who gained some psychic ability commonly became subjects for further testing. Patients who showed no sign of change though were released after complete brainwashing and memory replacement.

The second and most frustrating complication to the company though, was that for successful brainwashing and subordination to occur, the subject had to take the pill time and time again. As time went on the pill would have to be taken less frequently and the brainwashing would stick though. Thankfully, the pill only mutated the subject the first and second time the pill was taken so multiple uses wouldn’t greatly damage the body or brain for the company’s use. Before they had known that though, several very strong willed subjects managed to break out of the brainwashing and make a run for it.

That was plans of the UCTC became public, and the decision fell to stop them. The result was a short internal war. This had 2 consequences. 1: The war was small, but there were still numerable losses due to the enemy not being human. It wasn't rare for a single Esper to require a heavy assault. Scars from losing someone important are still fresh. And 2: There is an alternate gene spreading. Espers are powerful beings known to the world, not all of them have been found, and their presence usually meets one response. Fear. "They're too dangerous!" "They are up to something, I know it." "Are they even human?". People who found out to be Espers are frequently found dead. Murdered. Sometimes in secret, sometimes the media reports about it. Most shocking: 8 out of 10 of these dead people are humans. Panic starts to rise, but so does the myth of an Esper Hunter. According to that myth, those hunted down by that one have no notable wound despite being dead. Just a steel blue mark, about the size of a penny on their stomach, heart, or head.

NiPG3mh.png

Name: Emilia Percival Hopkins
Race: Esper
Background: Emilia was one of the first to come into the UCTC performance enhancer research program. The first reason was her father, who is a high ranked military officer, and having his daughter under their control could have become very beneficial. The second was Emilia's physical condition. With each year, her body became weaker. Doctors predicted that she would not witness her 20th birthday, no matter how well she was taken care of. Hoping other people with similar symptoms could benefit from it, Emilia accepted the offer and was brought to the UCTC research labs.

A couple weeks later, Emilia came back home with a crushed heart (and wiped mind). As it turns out, she was a failure and nothing could be gained from it. However. 1 month after the tests, Emilia felt as if she was able to sense when her father was in the hospital, and another month later, her heart felt as if it beat stronger. Half a year later, she surprised her father, smiling as brightly as possible, as she stood up from her bed and hugged him for the first time in years. Knowing children were kept in the UCTC research labs when results started showing, his father paid off the hospital to keep secret about Emilia's improvements.

2 years later, Emilia enrolled into the military to serve her country. It was there that she learned how to wield a sniper rifle, and learned the SPEAR System martial arts. This is when people started noticing her potential. She was strong for someone with her build, fast, and could hit practice targets at 2km distance. In just another year, Emilia had everything needed for a promising career, but with the plans of UCTC becoming public, Emilia left the military. It was thanks to her father that this (and her taking an anti-tank rifle with her) wasn't noticed, and although it is claimed that she was killed in the UCTC war, her father knows better.

Ever since UCTC's downfall, Emilia dedicated herself to take down any remaining hostile Espers with her abilities and firearm. But while it looked good first, she currently struggles with several problems. Being presumed death meas she doesn't have a legitimate ID, which makes it impossible to get a long term job. With her money reserves running out, having no place to call home, and no one to turn to, exhaustion and hunger start to catch up.

Personality: Emilia is the modern embodiment of a knight in shining armor. She will defend anyone who is in need of serious help, not caring if they hate or fear her. She is grateful for her life, even if it may look dark now. Her reasoning is "If I can't live a happy life, I will do what I can to give others this chance!". This does make her very stubborn though.
But behind the mask of the modern knight is still a girl. One who missed out on most fun things in her life and wants them, wants friends, and someone to pat her back for a job well done.

Ability: Emilia calls her ability "Life Force" since it saved her life, and it adds various useful abilities to her skill pool. It's a metaphysical energy that manifest itself as a steel blue mist, flame, or light. It allows her to distinguish humans from espers on a max range of 100meters (less, if not 0 meters when in a crowded area), even though walls with a radar like sense. She can also infuse her rifle with Life Force, which creates a bullet that makes "living beings bleed their lifeforce out" according to her. A passive effect boosts her physical attributes to Olympic levels while retaining a slim appearance and slowing aging. It's final benefit is a healing factor, which she can share with others to restore biological matter to its optimal condition.
Don't know what you think, but I think this girl could really use a friend. Someone who would let her stay at their place, maybe pat her on the back on occasion and show her what she missed out in all those years of being bedridden. Open for ideas here.

Last edited:
I am definitely up to play either of these plots with you!

Glad to hear it! PM is on its way.

Bump because I have new and improved plots. Don't like em? No worries. More will come as I get them.

Hi! Are you still looking for a partner? I would love to do Steel blue with you ^^

Yes I do~ PM is on its way.

Steel Blue seems like the only one that interests me.

In that case, it seems like I will write you a pm. See you in a bit~