Anime Club Discussion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That looks fucking awesome! What's it about? :D
Oh oops, sorry Arcadia. Missed this post earlier.

It's about a young apprentice witch who gets a magic necklace that lets her turn into a warrior princess to fight bad guys. However, it only works if she uses it in combination with two artifacts which are held by her best friends, a very savvy young wizard and a werewolf cub.

They all go to a magic school together where they meet other gifted youngsters (including a mermaid and a ninja) and get up to all kinds of silly fairy tale shenanigans. There's also an evil demon dude who is trapped inside a crystal who sends his minions to take over the land, and Chacha and her friends try to stop him. It goes into backstory and epic quest territory and gets darker as it goes on.

Also Chacha's character quirk is that she mixes up homonyms and accidentally turns all her spells into puns (so in the English version, saying "noses" instead of "roses" and etc.) It's hilarious. The only time she doesn't do it is in Princess mode.

Oh oops, sorry Arcadia. Missed this post earlier.

It's about a young apprentice witch who gets a magic necklace that lets her turn into a warrior princess to fight bad guys. However, it only works if she uses it in combination with two artifacts which are held by her best friends, a very savvy young wizard and a werewolf cub.

They all go to a magic school together where they meet other gifted youngsters (including a mermaid and a ninja) and get up to all kinds of silly fairy tale shenanigans. There's also an evil demon dude who is trapped inside a crystal who sends his minions to take over the land, and Chacha and her friends try to stop him. It goes into backstory and epic quest territory and gets darker as it goes on.

Also Chacha's character quirk is that she mixes up homonyms and accidentally turns all her spells into puns (so in the English version, saying "noses" instead of "roses" and etc.) It's hilarious. The only time she doesn't do it is in Princess mode.
That sounds like something I'd take interest in, definitely =D

That sounds like something I'd take interest in, definitely =D
I don't think there's anywhere official that's streaming it, but Googling "watch akazukin chacha" turn up a fair amount of results for me. Buying a DVD set would be a Herculean effort because it's from the 90's, was never super popular, and I'm pretty sure it never got licensed anywhere outside of Japan- and even though there IS a DVD version, it's out of print. I'm not entirely sure what part of his soul my teacher sold to get his hands on a copy, because he did have an actual copy.

I don't think there's anywhere official that's streaming it, but Googling "watch akazukin chacha" turn up a fair amount of results for me. Buying a DVD set would be a Herculean effort because it's from the 90's, was never super popular, and I'm pretty sure it never got licensed anywhere outside of Japan- and even though there IS a DVD version, it's out of print. I'm not entirely sure what part of his soul my teacher sold to get his hands on a copy, because he did have an actual copy.
Would you know anywhere that wouldn't be completely dodgy to watch it? :D

Would you know anywhere that wouldn't be completely dodgy to watch it? :D
At least the first episode is on YouTube as well as Veoh. Those are fairly safe if not expressly legal.

Status
Not open for further replies.