Anime and Manga Recommend Thread

Re: Any Good Animes?

Black butler

sorry that's all i have for now XD

Re: Any Good Animes?

I just checked out AnoHana, it actually looks like an interesting show. A shut in with a semi-tragic past struggles to free himself from what used to be his life into what is his current, but it hard doing so when his past literally haunts him in the form of his dead childhood, the one one that sparked the event that single handedly ended his childhood and the friendship of the small band of friends. It seems like an enjoyable show, if not ground breaking at all.

We should just make this into the Anime suggestion thread with maybe some good mangas reads as well. I wouldn't mind hearing which shows people think were worthy suggestions, could find a great new show from it that I may have missed.

Consider it done Jinx. I think it's a splendid idea we just need for it to be sticky now.

As for shows I've enjoyed:
Soul Eater
Full Metal Alchemist
Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Baccano!
Cowboy Bebop
Trigun
Darker Then Black
Eden of the East
Read or Die OVA
Hetalia (In English because it's crazy funny)
Samurai 7

I can't think of any others at the moment if I do I'll shout'em out.

This one! This one!

<iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Qb08UFLAHQo" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="390" width="480"></iframe>

Other people have said things I would so in no particular order:

Black Blood Brothers

Guyver [The newer one]

Trinity Blood

Devil May Cry [ Whatever you may hate about this show the music totally makes up for it. ]

Index [ Don't remember the full name but it had a little girl in it named Index]

EVERYONE IN THIS THREAD IS OLD NEWS.

Check out this season, folks. There are many very good shows out now.

C - The money of soul and probability control
Dead Man Wonderland
SKET Dance
Nichijou
STEINS ; GATE
Tiger & Bunny

and the OVAS

Break Blade
Gundam Unicorn
HELLSING ULTIMATE (FUCK YES)
the continuation Air Gear OVA

Apart from the little girl, STEINS;GATE looks very interesting.

WHAT??

AGENT 001 = RORY
AGENT 002 = SAKURA
AGENT 003 = ????

So I heard yesterday that the Powers That Be have confirmed a new Rurouni Kenshin anime is underway.

To this, I say: Jinchuu Arc or bust!

Ano Hana and denpa onna to HORNY DUDE are also okay.

They're dramas, though I make exceptions sometimes.

Five Star Stories - You can find all of the translated manga on the internets, the chances that you'll actually FIND physical copies of the English translation are slim to none, as it's been out of print for a while. The movie only covers the first volume, and somewhat loosely.
Hellsing Manga and Hellsing Ultimate - The TV anime had an awesome soundtrack, but otherwise was kinda meh.
Turn A Gundam - A Tomino Gundam show that DOESN'T have everybody die at the end. Crazy, I know.
Gundam 00 had some awesome mecha designs, but got stupid real quick.
Vinland Saga is awesome and about vikings.
So is BLAME! Except for the part about being about vikings.

Five Star Stories - You can find all of the translated manga on the internets, the chances that you'll actually FIND physical copies of the English translation are slim to none, as it's been out of print for a while. The movie only covers the first volume, and somewhat loosely.

Clearly we are on two different internets. I have looked SO HARD.

Anyways, ZZ gundam didn't have everyone die at the end.

In terms of my actual reccomendations, the Hades Project Zeorymer OVA is pretty darn good. The mecha designs are cool and crazy ornate, and the plot's nice as well. You just need to expect the mecha fights to be very short; far more attention is given to characters.

Also avoid the manga version of it. You've been warned.

Haven't actually watched too much anime recently...Iczer One was cool but only in the last two episodes.

If you guys didnt watch puella magi madoka magica, with the final episode on good friday...

You guys missed out.

Seriously.

As Parou suggested Steins Gate and Tiger & Bunny have been fantastic so far.

As for another anime I started watching Birdy the Mighty has been pretty good too.

I mostly read shoujo-like stuff v_v;
But I need the love stories to distract me from how much I detest things sometimes D;
Honey na Koto is good (and completed), a little more older teen than some.
Gokinjo Monogatari is an adorable manga and I think that it may have been adapted into an anime...

I really haven't see too many animus, but here's what I did enjoy. I'll try to categorize them be genre or something.

ACTION/COMEDY
Trigun (yet to read the manga, but I plan to soon)
Beelzebub (I am so in love with both the manga and anime omfg I'm gay for Hilda)
DragonBall (I like the original more than Z but Z is okay too. Haven't read any of the manga.)
Xiaolin Sisters (random short manga I picked up at a flea market; worth a read if you can find it)
Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt (pervy and hilarious, and kickass music)

ACTION WITHOUT COMEDY
Saint Seiya (the original series. I haven't read any of the manga or seen the new series yet)

DRAMA/COMDEY
Ouran High School Host Club (anime and manga are both funny)
Pita-Ten (also fantasy since it's about angels and demons, read the manga, haven't seen the anime because they changed the ending)

FANTASY
Rozen Maiden (only read the manga, don't know if the anime is any good)
12 Kingdoms (the anime is great, I haven't read any of the novels it's based on, but I would like to)
Magic Knights Rayearth (only read the first fairly short series, but it was cool)
I can't think of a Studio Ghibli movie I didn't enjoy. A lot of the time they make references to Japanese mythology that I don't really get, but I just kind of sit back and enjoy the movie and don't think about it too hard. Which apparently is doing it wrong since the movies I guess all have deep messages or something but I have fun so whatevs.

MAGICAL GIRL
Sailor Moon (but really, if you're here and aren't even vaguely aware of this, then I don't know what to tell you)
Tokyo Mew Mew (anime and manga are both girly and cute)
Wedding Peach (AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA)

SLICE OF LIFE
Azumanga Daioh (saw the anime and read parts of the 4komas, both hilarous)

Uhh...that's all I can remember for now. I'll edit the list if I can remember more

Torsty, you're into the comedy I like, right?

Yondemasu yo! Azazel-san would be up your alley.