Anime and Fandom Group RP Sub Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they all should be the same size and color too. When your looking for a tag for a roleplay - as those like me who don't know what tags are available to them for their roleplay look at that huge tag cloud for options - you're not looking for the most popular, you're looking for the ones best suited for your roleplay. I think it's the same for people looking for a roleplay. You don't want to look for the most popular, you want to look for the tags that best suit your interest.
If they're all the same size and color, though, it'll be even more hell on the eyes. That would also mean it doesn't filter out the tags that are only on one or two things. If you need a tag index, we have a full list with clickable links for each tag in the FAQ; you can also hit "Watch Tag" on a particular tag to get an alert anytime something is tagged with it, or search for tags under our advanced search options. The cloud is there for people to do some quick filtering of regularly-used tags.

I think some of the issues people have now are things that are just matters of getting used to something different. Tag clouds are pretty common. Our tag cloud works almost identically to the ones on Wordpress, for example.

That's the thing. This is the only site I use that uses clouds and honestly, I don't see how they're useful for a roleplayer. Roleplays aren't about what's popular, they're about creating something uniquely you and trying to get it out there. I don't see how making it into a popularity contest is beneficial for those who don't use "popular" tags.

Oh yeah, and they don't make it any easier to view on a mobile screen.

That's the thing. This is the only site I use that uses clouds and honestly, I don't see how they're useful for a roleplayer. Roleplays aren't about what's popular, they're about creating something uniquely you and trying to get it out there. I don't see how making it into a popularity contest is beneficial for those who don't use "popular" tags.

Oh yeah, and they don't make it any easier to view on a mobile screen.
The mobile screen thing I absolutely agree with and definitely we need a fix for that.

The rest I don't really understand where you're coming from. It's not about popularity, it's more about convenience. o___o The "popular" tags are basically just quick and easy filtering for the most common things because they're the most common that people will need to filter, and the alternatives I posted in my last post are there if you're looking for something more obscure. I'm just not understanding why that's an issue.

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
I agree with the bigger names = convenience point.

But maybe a way to help both sides is also have a search for tags option?
If you're looking for something specific you can find it more quickly?

I agree with the bigger names = convenience point.

But maybe a way to help both sides is also have a search for tags option?
If you're looking for something specific you can find it more quickly?
But we do! I mentioned that. :P

You know the Search bar at the top right of the forum? Clicking in the text field will bring up a small menu. If you click More on the Search menu, it brings up the Advanced Search which has a tab for searching tags.

• Useful
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
It's not a popularity game, it's a matter of numbers.

If ______ tag is more popular it means a higher amount of players are in it.
Meaning it's more likely that other players might also want that.
So by making the tag bigger they on average make it faster for people to find what they want.

Additionally it helps people spot at a glance which is doing well overall if they're just looking for an RP to join period, or at least want to find one with more options.

Edit: Sorry for double post, the alerts made me this post beforehand.
And just editing it into the other wouldn't notify you that you're quoted.

I just dislike the space the cloud takes up. It's a really big eye sore. I'll be happy if we can somehow toggle it off, or even if it's just moved to the bottom of the page instead of the top. I hate having to scroll past it. :E

Status
Not open for further replies.