Anima's Game Interest/Sign Up/OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had planned on doing owen's save immediately at the beginning of the game. I wanted him to be completely new to the experience and show an active representation of confusion considering it.

That's works! My main charrie, Maxine, will be one of the main saves in the story. If we get enough members, then a Sal or Vuo will get that chance.

I haven't quite decided how many players to have on the field right now... It just depends on the interest. If we're lucky to gain two in each slot, minus my charrie count of four total, then I believe we'll be good.

Still here, and still taking. I've been sick for a spell, work's been driving me further towards madness, and I had to spend the night with my husband at the hospital... So, I'm a bit out of sorts, but still working on making this thing happen. My charries are coming, but they are horribly rough...for obvious reasons. I might just post what I have for now, but work them further when time allows... Sucks, I know, but that's better than nothing.

K, expect something soon, and thanks for ya'll's patience. It's truly appreciated. :)

Hey, it's important to take care of yourself first! If you don't, how can we expect you to stay with us and create amazing stories?

Get well soon, okay? We'll be waiting ever patiently. =)

Get better soon! I check this everyday aha :) x

:)

I'm getting there, just now having to deal with taking my husband to the hospital for a few test. There's no end to the chaos!

Color me interested, Mama Phi.

Thanks, Yuuka!

Throw your cards in and hopefully I'll get something going in the next month.
As soon as I get a good story idea to work up, all hell breaks loose in my reality. It'll all mull over eventually. Until then, anyone have any thoughts, ideas, questions, just post them here. I'll see them.

Other than that, I still have to get my charries up... :/

You know, I've been thinking about this RP for a while, while life's been tossing me around. I think I'm going to edit the extra stuff in the plot line a bit, possibly remove a few things, like the whole frat/soro thing and just stick with the society spin. IDK, I feel like I've bitten far too much with the teeth of this concept, and I'm choking on it due to my fluctuating life.

But, before I make any decisions, those who are seriously involved and anticipating participation, I'm asking for your opinions/suggestions/ideas. I feel this might be too big for others to dive into, as well as for me to truly make work with the time that's slipping though my fingers right now. I don't want to just throw this idea away, but instead, make it a tad simpler for all of us to bite into right now. Plus, to build up more interest... Yea, that's my thoughts. So, let me know before I just dump this idea and rebuild it from scratch.

Toodles!

I'm totally game for anything that makes the concept easier for the GM to run it, as that's a recipe for a dead RP. As for the Frat/soro angle I wasn't terribly interested in that prospect of the story in the first place as I tend to avoid the suckers and often anything associated with them like the plague. I know they have good outreaches and the like, but the concept is by nature very based in elitism and tends to breed the type of person I do better to not be around.

That's all personal opinion though and for the story I was going to put that to the side as Owen isn't me and I can section off that sort of thing. That said though, I do like the plot concept and I would like to see it become a thing.

Don't worry about the time angle. Life happens. It's what it does.

Thanks Cosmic! I was feeling a similar eck! to that as well.
I've eliminated the Frat/Soro concept, but kept Pi Mu for their part of the history of the school and the center of the Vuotas.

Other than that, the Mid-Mester Bash will be the opening of this story, where a few people can meet and run into certain unnumbered souls. Afterwards, the final preparations for the Film festival will be underway, and all will meet their team mates.

I still have my handful of charries to post up... and hopefully, with the changes we might snag a few more members to this thing. Other than that, I have a migraine and so I'm off.

Heya Phi I totally understand being busy and I am all for making the RP simpler without compromising the complexities that make the RP unique and potentially successful.

I do have to agree and have the same opinion with the Cosmic Weenie McNeenie Dog, though it's a bit hypocritical since I am in a society at my own college.

If the frat/soro concept becomes too much, wouldn't it be a little easier to eliminate those and keep the college setting? This way the characters have the same concerns, without the fraternity and sorority to add on top of that.

EDIT: You've beat me to it in a ninja like way.

Just keeping this up. I will be advertising this as soon as I get back into the swing of things. Reality is not giving me a break, but that's okay. I won't give up any time soon.

Same song, different verse.

Phi, I hope you are doing well~

Thanks Yuuka, I'm trying to be. Stress and lack of sleep can really destroy an otherwise healthy mind & body.

My immune system is so weak, I've stayed sick with either a head cold, or a flat out flu, for months now. But, since I'm running my own business practically by myself (cause I can't seem to find honest employees with true skills, and my husband works full time elsewhere right now so he can't help), I've been running day and night shifts just to keep up with my client's demands. I have a sign shop, but I do graphic design, illustrating, and portrait work on the side. Now, I have no time for any of it, and can't keep healthy enough to work on the projects before me to keep up. I've considered closing my business, but after eight years of this, all of my clients are talking me into staying and remaining loyal and patience until I'm capable of completing their projects.

So, if you see me here working on RPs, it's cause this is my anti-depressant. Unfortunately, being ill doesn't help my muse concentrate clearly on working up stories. It's a vicious circle I'm stuck in, but things are slowly (sloth's pace) returning to some form of normalcy. I'm training a few people and have a technical college slowly sending me applicants in graphic design who need an internship. So, next year will possibly work out better than the last.

But, for now, I'm just trying to stay awake. Sorry for all of this guys, but I will have this thing going soon. It's just my curse - I get an story idea or an RP concept that I feel strongly about, and as soon as I start working on it or posting a plot - all hell decides to pop up and throw a 'fuck you' party right in my face. So, I'm just doing a bit of exterminating, kicking all the party-goers out, and finding my foundation again. Thanks for hanging here with me, all! You won't be disappointed....I hope. :)

Okay, for the sake of maintaining my sanity, and keeping this thread alive, I'm posting my skeletons of my templates. There's a bit more work I want to do with them, but as of right now this is just a taste of what I have.

Name: Maxine Daxe (Real name Mia'xha Razali)
Job: College Double Major: Music - Orchestra Composing/Conducting & Vocal Performance.

Appearance: 5' 7", 126 lbs, petite, med. black hair falling past her shoulders, brown eyes, will alter her appearance at any moment, just because it suits her mood of the month.

Personality: A major overachiever, extremely hardworking, and has a moody boho attitude that is like a pleasant day's journey through her Malaysia heritage. Passionate about the many genres of her heart (Art, Music, Dance), but knows how to just stop in the moment of an hour and just - be there.

How you got this power: Has not been saved yet. ((Anyone?))

History: Spent the majority of her life fighting bullies, working with her mother who was a seamstress and elementary teacher, and singing in front of anyone with a video camera. She lived her childhood in Malaysia, but soon moved to America when her mother's youth clothing line, Subang, caught fire in the oversea markets. Her father was an interpreter and English as a Second Language teacher.

When they moved, her father left the life of a teacher to assist his wife in streamlining a marketing campaign for her clothing line. He used Maxine as their spokesmodel, using her youthful beauty and talented voice in various commercials highlighting her mother's modern Asian Bohemian designs. Within this, she learned a bit about fashion designing, but fell in love with jingle and song writing.

With her natural talents in music (voice and guitar), Maxine left fashion and honed in on learning piano and song writing and composing. She traveled around the nation for school events, as well as traveled overseas as a Musical Ambassador for the US. Picking up several scholarships and offers for a recording career, Max declined the recording offers and accepted entrance to Pratt U right after graduating a year early from high school.

((Possibly more to come.))

Name- Tabitha Spencer-Keohane
Age-26
Job- Student - Major: Acting/Theater
Appearance- Long layered brown hair, hazel eyes, heavyset and stocky.
Personality- New Yorrican all the way!
How you got this power-
History-
Other-

Name: Cadence Knight (Cady or Cadya for short)
Job: Ancient History Major, English (Writing) Minor

Appearance: She has a large scar across her back, reaching from her left shoulder to her right hip.

Personality: Cady acts very mature around others, and doesn't say much at all unless she's become comfortably acquainted. She can be painfully shy around people she doesn't know. If you can break through her aversion to people, she is loyal as can be, and shows herself to be much more vulnerable than she acts.

How you got this power: Born with it

History: Cady was a military brat for 10 years of her life, moving from base to base. The pressures of being that new kid everywhere she went took a toll on her, even more so when her mother died behind enemy lines and she was left living with her disabled veteran father. When she finally settled down with her father, she didn't get along well in school, and spent the majority of her time in the library, surrounding herself in a wall of books, cutting herself off from the world. The habit still isn't quite broken in the local university. She gets A's and B's on average, and loses most of her points on participation because she doesn't like presenting her projects in front of people.

But that's the old Cady. She's grown rather comfortable in her own skin once one of her acting friends talked her into taking an acting class - a sort of behavioral intervention; throwing her into a situation where she has no choice but to open up and adapt. Not only did this slowly heal some of her personal wounds from her childhood and topsy life, but as an aspiring writer she was inspired by all the 'characters' before her.

Abilities: TBA

Status
Not open for further replies.