Animals

Ferrets do not speak to my soul! D:<
Sad2.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
They cuddle when they sleep.

5469850152_20bef9be01.jpg

They're happy to play with anyone and anything, and fit in surprisingly small spaces.

They will sleep in your hoodie! They would even sleep in a pocket if it was big enough.

IMG_3807.JPG

Oh, and if you have a rat problem, they'll take care of it extremely efficiently. Want to give them a treat? Give them some cut up, raw chicken breast, they adore it. That's right: Ferrets are meat eaters. Carnivorous, avaricious little carpet sharks who zip from place to place, loving you, nipping you, and happily stealing any little object they can get their hands on. Including this random potato for no fucking reason. Ferrets are crazy, and adorable. Like little social outcasts, I love em'.

They're a lot of work though, so if anyone wants to get one as a pet, I would encourage getting like... A cat, or a rat (lab rat, not street rat). They're significantly easier, and don't have health complications. (Yeah, part of the issue with ferret ownership: They're an exotic pet and they have often have health complications of one sort or another. I've accepted that, a lot of people going into it don't really understand what 400+ years of inbreeding does to a species until they see it first hand when their ferret gets leukemia or cancer.) They can also die of loneliness--literally, so if you're the type of person who likes pets they can leave alone for a few days, do not get a ferret.

Otherwise? They're awesome little social furballs that want nothing more than to play and eat and sleep for 16 hours a day, then get back up and play and eat and sleep for another 16 hours a day. Best part about these little guys is when they sleep, they're knocked out so hard they just go to sleep wherever and they sleep so hard, you can pick em' up and move them anywhere you like and they aren't likely to wake up.
dawww