Animal lovers, tell me about your pets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Klutzy Ninja Kitty

As far as pets go, my family has quite a few. We have two rabbits, two birds, a dog, two cats, and my sister has a big orange fish. o.o I'll see if I can get some pics to show you guys later, but holy moly sometimes I feel like we have a lot. Thankfully our house is rather large-ish so they don't take up a lot of room.

So tell me, iwaku, do you have any pets? If so, how many? What pet is your favorite? Do you have any pets that have passed away that were memorable?

All my pets are dead now DX but I kinda regret buying 2 of them.

So when I was 2, my mother was visiting her friends and this grey cat jumped from under the bed and bit my mother. So my mom was like "you but me???!!! You're not one of those cats that want constant attention???!!!! You're mine now!!!! ^^" (pretty much what happened XD)

So my moms friend gave her the cat and he was brought home for me to name. So what masterpiece name did 2 year old me come up with???? "Kitty" ^^

Kitty and I had allot of fun. He taught me ALLOT of things like how to climb (my parents would put my toys at out of reach places so Kitty taught me how to get up there) and other things. We also trolled my parents. I forgot exactly what we did, but we were perfectly in sync and my parents were like "... Did my son and my cat just communicate and work together just to troll us??? O.O"

So as I got older I became more human and detached from nature so I no longer understood mah cats words but I did still understand the faces he made and stuff.

Now I gave Kitty allot of priority. If my cat was sitting on the computer chair? I'd be on my knees on the ground (I tried being like "can you move?" And he'd just stare at me back like "... Nope. Go ahead, move me. See what happens." So I'm like "Okkaaayyy... Leaning over you it is then ^^" Or if he sat on my dinner chair, I'd sit at the computer chair. Now he always knew, if I wanted dinner chair? He'd be there. I wanted PC chair? He'd be there. He's on my bed? I'd find the best way to position myself around him. Sadly though he died due to some tumor that grew in his jaw which prevented him from eating. -_- so he had to be put down. Still not fully over and that happened 4 or so years ago.

I also had a hamster and 2 snakes. (One was caught in the wild) so why do I regret those two? I had a cat, and they were trapped in a cage. I let my hamster out in a ball, but that still didn't feel right.

So what did young me name them??? "Hammy" "Snakey" "greeny" (I was a master)

The funny thing is, Kitty would freak out whenever he's called his old name back when he was 1. He never heard that name again till 13 years later and he remembered it. I don't remember when I was 1 >.< so cats memories are godly.

I have a 14 year old cat named Fitz Gerald. We jokingly say that he named himself because when we were deciding on a name for him, he got a cold that caused him to sneeze like *ftss*. He's all black except for a white patch on his tummy, his ears are rather ragged (a genetic flaw that he's had since birth) and now that he's older, he has flecks of grey/white all through his fur.

We have about 300 nicknames for him that change constantly. My favorite two are 'Muffin' and 'kaderflzmt' (it's a long story).

I have a 14 year old cat named Fitz Gerald. We jokingly say that he named himself because when we were deciding on a name for him, he got a cold that caused him to sneeze like *ftss*. He's all black except for a white patch on his tummy, his ears are rather ragged (a genetic flaw that he's had since birth) and now that he's older, he has flecks of grey/white all through his fur.

We have about 300 nicknames for him that change constantly. My favorite two are 'Muffin' and 'kaderflzmt' (it's a long story).
We're at a forum XD we basically have all the time in the world to wait for the story of Kaderflzmt"

Well, it's not a long story per se, just one that has little to do with the topic of pets.

My brother and I were playing Star Wars Battlefront 2 and we decided to start new profiles, since we were tired of cheesing everything with our perma-unlocked death blasters and our kill ratios were mediocre from messing around too much. When it came to choosing profile names, I asked my brother to guess what I was spelling out
I originally was going for 'kaderf', which originated from a silly phrase we had been using (derf) similar to derp, combined with the 'ka-' prefix (as in Ka-Pow). My brother guessed it right away so I (jokingly) said, "...No..." and added some random letters, which happened to be lzmt. The end result: Kaderflzmt. Somehow I came to calling our cat that and it stuck.

The end.

The last of my pets passed away back in June.

7PYxWR9.jpg

His name was Cheech. He was very intelligent and energetic to the very end. Easily the best dog I ever had. This is a picture of him from 2012, taking after me by being a smartass. I told him to 'sit', so he gets in the chair and sits down.

I have so many fond memories of this pup, and I will never forget the impact he had on me.

I have no immediate plans to get a new pet until after I move back to Michigan. It'll be easier that way.

• Love
Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
I have an adorable 2 year old who behaves as though he is a monkey-feline hybrid. Does that count?

Moar srsly tho, I've adopted my husband's dog, Virgil Tibbs, as my own 'cause y'know, why wouldn't I? (Even though I'm quite allergic, and more of a cat person.) He's a really sweet little thing, and loyal 'till the very end. Unless there's food involved. I'm pretty sure if he had to choose between us and a strip of bacon, he'd go for the bacon.

Man, this is the post for me. I am such a huge animal lover - I have two cats, Kelli and Ziggy, who are 10. And a big mutt named Cruiser who I think is 7/8 (he was a rescue).

"Copy Cats" (they are from the same litter -- Kelli in the small grey one and Ziggy is the black one)
35kj1hy.jpg

Kelli showing her Canadian pride
1ptpid.jpg

Halloween cat
wh161.jpg

And Cruiser!
30jpatx.jpg

2reil2x.jpg

I also have two goldfish that have no names - one I affectionately called "bulgy" (ease that dirty mind) because he has big googly eyes. Growing up we didn't have many pets. We had a dog named Heidi who was a little black terrier, and though she was technically my Aunt's dog we had her for a long time. She was so sweet and gentle; she would literally sit on the front steps, no leash or collar, and just watch people and cars go by. I remember my very first pet was a fish I affectionately named Flower when I was 4. She was a beta fish and I think I cried when I received her for my birthday. I still remember she came in a vase that had a big pink bow wrapped around it.

Anyways, I volunteer frequently at my local humane society, and here is one of the kittens (and me) from last weekend. There were probably 8 more that looked like her!
2a63wk8.jpg

Also, my cat has an instagram (run by my sister). It's called #fitzgeraldcat.
Also, here's a picture of my little kaderflzmt.
11356487_1610110042576021_66155461_n.jpg

I'mma revive this thread to talk about snakes.

Cos snakes are hype.

Like this guy.

fluffy_the_snake_zpsvgkwnkfk.jpg

He's pretty hype.
You are the height of fashion. >:[
I DUN LIKE IT. >:[
#2Slithery5Me

3bb2852ac32821be552aa150c624977b.jpg

This is basically what one of my dogs looks like, since I can't find an actual picture.

9d3365f741eb0d47d1378dc7ab3ab361.jpg

And this one's very similar to my other dog. XD

My sister has had about 3 hamsters, the family had 2 other hamsters many years before that, about 6 goldfish, and a rabbit called Thumper.

For cats, we first had a miserable little sod called Coco back when I was really young, all he ever did was hide behind the sink. If you approached him, he'd scratch and hiss at you. I'm not sure what happened to him, I assume my parents returned him to the shelter we picked him up from. Our second cat, and by far our most loved pet, was Toffee. My grandfather knew someone who was giving away kittens, so he picked up this one scrawny ginger and white moggy for us to take home, and boy did she make a first impression. As soon as we got her into the car, she vomited in her new cat basket. She did it again, and we figured she had travel sickness. What a fun 2-hour drive home that was!

Anyway, we had her for 17 years and loved her very much. When she died back in July 2013, we all cried a Heck of a lot.

Now we have a dog, a chocolate-brown cocker spaniel called Penny. A lovely dog though a pain in the arse when she starts barking. She adores my two young nephews, especially 2-year old Sam who's the same age as her, and sticks to them like a shadow when they visit.

I'll have to see if I can upload a photo or two of my old cat and current dog. I've got 'em around here somewhere!

I love birds. I think they are the best pets ever. My whole life I've had parakeets, but I finally decided to get a more emotional bird, a lutino cockatiel who just turned about 8 months old.

This weekend was a huge moment in a bird's life where they finally gathered the nerve to do a death jump out of the nest in hopes of flying and giving complete trust to someone. My bird, Guanica, took a leap of faith off my hand and over the railing of my second story that's about 14ft down. She was able to glide down, land softly on a curtain and then tumble down it onto the wood floors. I ran over to her where she waddled up to me and climbed up onto my foot, sitting there like nothing happened XD.

Then, probably best of all, she lowered her head to me for tickles on her head and neck. She trusts me now to know that I won't hurt her at all. After that, she walked up my chest and sat in front of my face to cuddle.~

This was a perfect weekend especially since I was feeling all bleh. =3

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Shadon Xarian
My family has had quite a few animals. This is Psycho. She was the meanest cat as a kitten but tamed up a bit as she got older. Not sure what happened to her though. We had to leave for a doctor appointment in another town and could not find the cat after she got out. I am guessing someone picked her up and took her. Now we have another cat that looks like her that I call Freak and Kitten. We are trying to get rid of her but no one wants her. >.> Probably because she is a demon.
psycho_by_brambleclawandjaypaw-d4wddo1.jpg

pretty_kitty_by_brambleclawandjaypaw-d4xdela_zpsmg86u5dk.jpg

I much prefer my cat even though she is a little priss. Of course that is what I get for naming her Icis.
066983d9-14f4-4aba-a3b3-f874db894a35_zps2da075ec.jpg

0907152026_zpsl8eitkch.jpg

I don't think she likes the cat tower my boyfriend bought her..

My two dogs are Tito and Cleo. Tito is now a grumpy old man while Cleo is..well I think there is something wrong with her mentally but at least she always seems happy.
My sister was brushing her malamute. We could make three more Titos out of that.
Untitled_zpsgaw1vqxj.png

And then Cleo
9ae0e900-414a-43e4-91a2-bf16c70491d5_zps47377901.jpg

Did I mention she can shoot lasers out of her eyes?
0405132050_zps2o3v5ft0.jpg

And she is a master at camouflage.
PART_1423617103324_20150210_1910_zpst4xf9mxl.jpg

Thanks to Sparky saint bernards are one of my favorite breeds. I am sad that he died not too long ago. My family got a new saint and named him Winston. I find it strange that he has curly fur..except for right now where his fur is short except for his butt. I guess his butt did not get the memo that summer had hit (I will have to get an updated pic of him since i only have puppy pictures.)
Sparky
z_zps8726ee4f.jpg

Here is a pic of me with Sparky..from a long while ago
Untitled1_zpsozhahekq.png

Winston
Untitled3_zps1foilazq.png

He makes a good farmer
Farmer%20Winston_zpsp2bqrptz.jpg

I also have an axolotl but I don't have any pictures of him.

Elliot and Maja are our two, very uncatlike cats.

They love to play fetch. They eat in a way I never seen a cat eat before. They are cuddlier and friendlier then any cat I ever met. They love belly rubs, wag their tail and act more like puppies half the time. Elliot is a bit of the large side, having eaten a bit to much and moved to little. Not superfat, but you can tell he is spoiled. Maja is smaller, have the softest fur I ever encountered in any animal and both are super social. They are european shorthairs, and even though we let them out, they almost never leave the lawn. They seem to be very much "inside cat" even if they love the outdoors, they still will stick close by at all times. They are also incredibly smart and have learned to open cupboards and working together to get at food, the bastards.

Status
Not open for further replies.