Anicademy (Anime Academy/Combat RP) Signups & OOC

Well I had a few different concepts knocking around from other RPs so I just tossed out a few and Yuki stuck. The other options were a Saint-Warrior of Athena (from Saint Seiya) and a kitsune sorceress who could channel a bunch of her ancestors.

I'll work on getting something out by tomorrow!

Reactions: Ariel
I'm working out a new character with someone, will post once we get it settled! :D

Reactions: Tiguidi
Anime Inspiration: Shaman King/Kaze no Stigma

Name:
Quinn Shannon McCarthy
Appearance:
6daf728382d534da15a6ec1b26496cc3.jpg

Powers:
Contractor: For a period of time he can enter into a contract with beings that exist on the spiritual spectrum. Whether this be ghost, spirits, demons or otherwise. At the moment this ability is limited to mid-tier ghost and spirits, but lays at the low-tier for demons. The reason being the conditions behind his technique. The first is it being consensual as a forced contract will reject and harm the initiator. The second, lies in the fact that a stronger soul can dominate the relationship and might cost the host their soul. Finally, the power he receives only runs on a limiter so the bargain for more time sometimes requires a larger sacrifice.
Martial Arts: He only resorts to using his own physical style when backed into a corner. He follows the traditions of the Shaolin style's panther school which works in his favor of wanting to avoid conflict. He is no master being a student of the art still, but he knows enough to buy himself sometime or finish a fight after his contract is up.

Equipment:
-His spiritual medium, a worn down gold coin
-Journal filled with occult knowledge on the supernatural

Personality:
Quinn likes to stay aloof and keep to his own devices whenever life deems it possible. He finds that dealing with the dead is far easier considering he can tune them out. His caution can be a blessing, but also a curse for an overactive paranoia typically leads him to not act. He's skilled in driving a conversation towards his own goals given the practice he has making deals with the..."tricksters" of the spiritual world. This does not make him an unkind man however. His greatest weakness is when someone actively calls for his help, for that is one sound he can never ignore.

History:
"Where do I start? My history I don't find much of anything special really. Considering facts are I i'm entirely biased in my own storytelling. Then again who isn't? But if ya really don't care all the much I suppose there's no harm. What do I have better to do today? Well besides talk to your dead cousin over there."

"I guess you could call me a spiritualist in a sorts. I do the normal things common with the practice. I practice my mantras, I talk to spirits, and I summon demons on the off chance they don't ask for my immortal soul. One almost got me when he referred to my soul as cake. I uh..have a bad sweet tooth as you can tell. But besides that I didn't have the time most folks probably did here. No parents to avenge, no tragic backstory, no real lust for more power and then turn into the main boss at the end. Nah I always wanted to know about the universe around us and the like. Training at a temple really grinds in the roots that life is all together connected at our base elements. Something had to make us all at the beginning right? So that's what I wanna find."

"Truth be told i'm here for other reasons. Joining here is supposed to be my right of passage I guess in a way. Least that's how my master put it. Since my power isn't that common, but the teachings are still spread in the hopes someone like me springs up. I'm only the fifth of my temple to achieve this sorta power since it began. So big shoes to fill around here for sure, but I think I can handle it. Back to the main subject i'm not all the way out here to slaughter the Mangates and the like, but more to understand them. Ya know? Since if ya wanna stop these guys forever we need to understand them all first. Rogue spirits always have a source for their anger, and if calmed they can typically find the the strength to move on. So I just pondered if that were the case, brought it up to my master, and he thought it was a line of thought that should be pursued."

"So here I am after years of cultivating my talents to be just barely passable on the exams. But better to be a accepted than rejected i''d say. I just hope my squad isn't too conflicting. I'm tired of the being the "medium". Speaking on that I think your friend is getting restless back there. My job never ends because they never know how to rest."​

I forgot to add in the card xD

Edited. Post up, too! Hope we enjoy!

Whoops, didn't get notified that there were other replies! I'll write up when I get back from work, sorry!

Sorry, been a bit busy start to the week, will get a post up in the morning.

@GhostofManchester

Okay, so not sure if I said this before, but I prefer actual attacks that matter, such as strikes on the master, to be resolved in posts. I like to be in control of the flow and such of combat.

Also, the Master is in a room below the observation deck the swarm is attacking you on. So it can't exactly chase you like that

So sorry about that, should I go ahead and edit my post? I DM'ed once, and I remember that being pretty annoying when the peeps I did it for would leave stuff hanging like that, or try and control the actions (and sometimes words) of whatever villain they were fighting.

Yeah, go ahead. I'm planning on working out a post today, hopefully, which will resolve the attacks and whatnot

Alright, I hope that post was good!

I'll try to reply when I can, everyone! College suddenly decided to try and drown me with projects and homework ^^' If I don't write something tomorrow, I'll try to make it the day after!

Sorry about that, wasn't sure much that I could do there, so I had been waiting for posts from y'all. I kinda put myself in a sticky situation there. I put a post up.

Those things happen lol

If anything, it'll make place for a heated discussion after the battle ^^'