Angels of Elements RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adwin didn't frown when Jessabell was scolding him- Adwin's face vocabulary didn't know of frowning. Instead he just didn't smile...well, he only smiled a tiny bit, but it wasn't really noticeable. Once Jessabell had left, Adwin turned back to Percy. "I'd be grateful if you did handle the crowds. I'll go and find Keelyn myself- Jessabell might just kill me otherwise," Adwin joked to Percy. Running his hands through his sweaty hair, Adwin took a step backwards, and after checking nobody was behind him he unfurled his wings. "Thanks for the shade by the way," Adwin commented, before starting to rise high into the air. Soon he was soaring through the air, trying to navigate his way back to the plaza where he'd left Keelyn. Leaving the chaos of the fire behind, Adwin now had an arguably harder task to deal with.

Keelyn, meanwhile, was lurking in the shadows, up on the roof tops again. She didn't particularly feel like being found, not with her being the known cause of the fire. Being chastised wasn't exactly her favourite hobby. What she failed to remember, however, it was probably very easy for any angel flying over her to see Keelyn.

Lysander was to busy surveying his work closely to take any sort of heed towards the other angels around him. He didn't even say so much as a "thanks for your help" to Adwin. Though he was glad he had arrived in time to fix the situation his daughter had caused. He heard a familiar strong, precise voice speak up beside him and he was brought back from his thoughts. Slowly rolling his head back and to the side, he responded back to the woman with not much to say. "Yeah....," he paused momentarily before the smallest of smirks tugged at the corner of his lips, "What of it? Surely the great and scary Jessabelle is not impressed by such a trivial feat." He droned on his voice sarcastic and annoyed. Of course, he was not irritated with her presence more than the fact that her words were sort of a reminder that he would have to be the one to fix the garden. Slouching his shoulders, he would cross his arms and look up at the sky as a soft sigh escaped off his pale lips. He would return his gaze back to the destroyed garden before him. "I'm going to have to fix this garden am I? What a pain in the ass." He admits in a grouchy tone. He would have liked to do it right then and there to get it over with so he could go take a nap, but that would require him completely leveling or shifting the earth in the park. Maybe they could leave the trench and fill it with water though? Then perhaps let fire flowers grow from the ash. There was also the option of digging a hole in the charred earth and then just making a pond. Whatever seemed to be the least amount of work for him was the plan he would most likely go for.

Jessabell scoffed, a rather large sadistic grin pulling on the side of her face before disappearing back into her abyss of emotionless looks. She turned her head to face Lysander, understanding clearly he wasn't exactly the most eager man when it came to doing work. She turned her head back to the mess, watching the ash float high up into the air, before being whisked away by the sheer powered of Adwins wings moving throughout the air as he flew off to find Keelyn. Jessabell was at least happy she didn't have to grab him by the collar and drag him to Keelyn herself, it gave her a moment to think on the utter mess a simple Fire Novice could cause, but then again, fire novice or not, Keelyn was ranked, and that served purpose to say she was more powerful then all the fire angels bellow her who couldn't manage to get a rank, which meant, like it or not, she might end up just as decorated as Celestine; an odd site definitely. She bumped herself up against Lysanders shoulder, smirking at his sarcastic comment. "Clean it up Lysander..."

Last edited by a moderator:
Percy nodded, bracing himself slightly as Adwin took flight. He overheard Lysander talking about fixing the garden, and Jessabell teasing the other Grand Master. "Careful," he muttered to them, his wings stretching wide. He flapped his wings forward, channeling his powers into the gusts created, and caused a mighty wing to blow through the crowd, lifting bits of ash and dirt in a miniature dirt storm. He then focused on a smaller breeze behind him that swooped in a circle around the Grand Masters, blowing the dust away. That action was mostly out of respect, and a want to not get scolded. He kept up with the bothersome storm until the crowd started to leave. It took longer than Percy expected, but that was possibly due to the wind being a welcome reprieve from the heat.

He let the gusts cease, letting the mixture of dirt and ash settle on the ground. He kept his wings outstretched for a moment, enjoying the feeling. While his wings weren't as big as the Grand Masters, they were still quite larger than average and it was nice to not keep them pinned to his side. He also convinced himself at a young age his urge to keep his wings stretched wide as often as possible was due to his element. Air was a very free-spirited one, and it fit Percy well. He preferred to do his own thing most of the time, which was relatively easy as a Master of his element. He looked around, making sure the crowd didn't plan on returning, and began to walk away from the few ranked angels that were still present. Perhaps he'd find some lunch, or a water angel to cool off with. Getting drenched in cold water sounded absolutely wonderful to Percy right now, who had a very low tolerance to heat. It only served to make him grumpy and tired, not to mention lethargic. Any action he took in the heat was mostly because he was grumpy with the surroundings and wanted it to be quieter or calmer; precisely the reason he helped Adwin disperse the crowd.

He found a quiet area to sit in the shade between two buildings. He partially folded his wings over himself to provide even more shade, and to air them out a bit. He pulled a knee to his chest, slinging an arm over it and resting his forehead on his arm. He decided to take a quick nap until the next wave of Chaos appeared, or until someone needed him, as unlikely as that was.

Lucian sat across from the female. He had a Alfredo lasagna on the other hand--Famcy or not for lunch and rested the rabbit on his lap. His wings draped like a cloak behind him, no longer hiding his arms or burly and masculine body and he listened as Celestine spoke.

"So."
"So..?" Mimicked Lucian questionably as he picked at his food with his fork, bringing it down to the dog whom sat beside his seat. The dog had sniffed the food keenly before looking at the master as if questioning if it was acceptable to eat off of the fork and Lucian stayed quiet as the dog then licks and slowly begins to eat the piece of lasagna off.

"You ready for when the next wave hits?" Asked Celestine. Lucian looked at her, furrowing his eyebrows and let out a sigh."Want some?" He first offers as he placed the fork to the side rather than on his plate -some people were just a little edgy with 'animal saliva' touching human food that would be shared- and grabbed a piece of lettuce that was on the side, bringing it to pillow, his flemish rabbit."As for the wave, I'm always ready." He responded--His voice cracking mid sentence as he cleared it slightly loudly. Lucian placed the lettuce Infront of the rabbits paws to grasp and nibble on while Lucian would continue to eat and he looked at Celestine."No, yes? Before I 'contaminate' it." He offers as she brushed her hair. The clanking of her bracelets never ceasing."You'd be terrible at being sneaky." Scoffed Lucian in disapproval of her bracelets--Especially the noises it would make to give her away he was referring to and he looked down, checking on the dog.

"Who actually makes the battle plans with you guys? Jessabell or you?" Asked Celestine. Lucian for once, couldn't help but slowly smile as he looked down. The corners of his lips turning up he chuckled."Both...However you can say that I'm more of the brains then her." He shrugged."her tactics work, but my ways are better and easier." Added Lucian as he ate his Alfredo lasagna and gave a piece to the dog right after. The dog was a quiet one, and Lucian liked its somewhat mute behavior and it's tail wagged happily as it sat straight with a perfect posture licking its lips around.

Luna stood slowly, frowning toward the burned earth. "I need to get stronger if I'm going to be any help when the next attacks comes." She said quietly before rubbing the back of her head with a sigh. She looked around and smiled, happy to see everyone was safe. She nodded to those who saw her and began walking home, still to tired to fly. She wasn't even out of the garden before she was singing to herself quietly and with another look back she created some ice in her hand. She let it fan out among the grass, hopping that as it evaporated it would cool anyone in the area.

Adwin quickly spotted Keelyn hiding up on a rooftop. He fluttered down, landing right behind Keelyn. Keelyn, who hadn't been aware of Adwin until now, screeched in surprise. As Adwin folded his wings back Keelyn attempted to make a run for it, only to be grabbed by Adwin seconds later. "And where do you think you're going?" Adwin asked.
"It was an accident!" Keelyn exclaimed, ignoring Adwin's question, "I didn't mean to do it! Please, don't lecture me, I've learned my lesson, please!"
"Lecture you?" Adwin replied, "How often do I lecture you? No, we're off to get you some new limiters."
Keelyn groaned. "But they're so annoying," she protested.
"Aw, come on Kay," Adwin tempted, "Think of it as a fun family outing."
"No," Keelyn refused, pouting, "You can't make me."
Adwin raised his eyebrows at that. "Oh really?" he challenged. It began to dawn on Keelyn what a mistake she had made, but it was too late. With ease Adwin scooped Keelyn up into his arms, her kicking and wriggling nothing to Adwin. Next Adwin opened his wings up again, and got ready to take off. "Stop treating me like a child, damn it!" Keelyn moaned.
"Stop acting like one then, dearest Kay," Adwin sung back to her. Without further ado, Adwin flapped up into the air, with Keelyn still struggling in his arms.

Popping a fries in her mouth Celestine grinned. "Figures." She says, a smirk decorating her lips. "Had a feeling you'd be more the brains of the attacks." To be honest, she had absolutely no idea how they functioned, and for all she knew he could be the one telling a tall tale. But it definitely wasn't below her to flirt with just about any man she saw, Lucian being no exception. Only if the looks or behavior was really appalling, that probably was the only time she wouldn't lean over, head tilted slightly with a luscious look, and steal a bite off of his plate.
"I probably should get going." She said, getting up and picking up her, by now empty, plate. "I'll talk to you later, and if not, I'll probably see you on the field again." The blonde said as she walked away, brushing her hand over the head of the dog before walking off. "See ya!"
She dumped her plate at the designated spot and went out.
Despite the heat, Celestine took to flight, and went towards the wall to see if there were any updates.

Adwin and Keelyn soon arrived at the gold smith's. For the second time that day, Adwin barged in, dropping a displeased Keelyn on the floor when he was inside. She attempted to dart past, in a final hope of escape, but it was futile. Adwin blocked the door, at the same time calling out, "Mortimer? Where are you, my friend? I've brought Keelyn in."
"Against her will!" Keelyn added, throwing herself down to floor in protest. Mortimer gave a hearty laugh at Keelyn's immature antics. Revealing himself from around a corner, Mortimer walked towards the parent and sibling. "Ah, Adwin. I recall you saying you were coming back again today, but I didn't expect to see you so soon. Anything happened?"
"It was a stupid accident!" Keelyn exclaimed, before Adwin could even attempt to answer the question. Part of her was proud for being a successful nuisance to society, a grade A rebel. Yet she had never meant to cause such a risk to the angels, and it wasn't particularly fun having the community annoyed at you. "Kay managed to create a massive inferno on a grass verge," Adwin explained to Mortimer, "Supposedly here by accident. Which is why we're here, to suppress her powers with limiters a bit." Instantly Keelyn's face distorted into one of objection.
"They'll be all funny though!" Keelyn whined, "Like, I don't want to end up like Celestine, being a walking radio. And having too many will be uncomfortable. I can just hold back myself, be careful, y'know?"
With Mortimer chuckling at Keelyn's whinging once more, Adwin replied, "Kay, lovely, there's nothing to worry about. Mortimer is excellent at making limiters, so it'll be fine. Plus there's no way you can hold back your powers by yourself, especially since you're a fire angel."
Then, before Keelyn could so much as scowl, Mortimer popped up between them and said, "Try these, little miss Keelyn. They should be perfectly snug for you." Keelyn was flabbergasted at how Mortimer had seemingly conjured them up from no where, however Adwin was used to Mortimer's 'sneaky' tricks. Hesitantly, Keelyn took the two bracelets and thin circlet in Mortimer's hand. They slipped onto Keelyn with ease, a flawless fit, as usual with Mortimer. There was a moment where Keelyn almost smiled, and admired how they looked on her, but she quickly remembered she was supposed to have a fierce attitude. "W-well," Keelyn stuttered, ashamed of being scared of just getting limiters, "They're okay I guess...I'll put up with them for now, only because I have to!" Nodding along to her absurd claims, Adwin and Mortimer kept their amusement hidden.

akhbut.jpg

• General Populace | Outer Wall of the Base •

The destruction caused by a simple novice was eye opening to the Grand Master. Something she would make sure not to ignore in the future, in hopes of keeping many more fields green and lush. There was a moment, while thinking back to Keeyln and her antics; that a playful smile threatened to tug on the shadow angels lips. She had quickly passed it off as an itch, swatting at her face and looking around immediately for witnesses. Jessabell was normally an emotionless woman, with the occasional nods, smiles and laughs here and there, but those were occasions that happened once in a blue moon. On a regular basis, she was a stoic woman, a threat to be challenged, and a foe to concur.
While learning 'the trades of her art' so to speak, Jessabell had been challenged many times by other angels of her element. Even by one utterly annoying fire angel that kept seeming to rear his ugly face in her cranium. She had bested them all, gaining rank quickly, thanking her father for the relentless training he had forced upon her. It was only once she began maturing she had realized he was doing it out of love, and the need to strengthen his only daughter and love of his life. At least, that's what Jessabell felt these days. Most of the time, practicing; Jessabell would tune her thoughts out to the flashbacks of her grueling childhood, connecting her hitting and kicking power with the pain she experienced in her childhood.
She turned from the scene, leaving Lysander to clean up his mess and softly shaking her head in a distraught fashion. As she paced along the side walk, her regular thin lip emotionless face held strong. She was getting ancy, needing to stretch her wings, needing to soar high above the base and take her inner emotions out on the unsuspecting chaos creatures. However, back when Jessabell was quite a bit younger, she had discovered her wings -as they grew- began to sharpen as well. She realized, unless square against her back while she was on her feet, they were a possible injury to people around her. Her wings were very large indeed, ones which she still questioned to this day. Midnight black, eight point six meters, and sharp as a finely serrated blade. They were her weapons in some fights to be honest, they did come in handy quite often.
The fine feathers ruffled themselves against her back, caving in on themselves accompanying Jessabells will. As the angel walked back from the scene, she found herself running across many familiar faces, some new, some old, others not so familiar. With each passing smile, she only nodded, walking right past the generous "hello's" and "Hi Madam's, she really hated being called anything other then J or Dane.
Alright beasts, you want to stretch yourselves? Go for it.

Jessabell was of course speaking to her wings internally, and with that though, she dashed forward down to the more deserted section of the path, unfurling her magnificent black wings and soaring high into the sky. Her destination was one which she approached with ease. The outer wall of the base which Jessabell found refuge on in boring times. Her momentum forced her straight to the wall before she shifted her wings into an upwards angle, gaining a short spur of altitude and landing square in the center of the outer wall. Her ice blue eyes reflected off the sun she witnessed, as she sat herself down, relaxing her wings from their normally constricted bounds, and looked out to everything around the base she lived in. The beauty did make the angel reflect. She could only wonder if the world the angels protected was just as beautiful. She could only wonder if the people on this planet were kind and good hearted like the angels she had come to know on the base. It was only a hope, but one she desperately wished to come true, otherwise, she would once again begin questioning why she assisted in deterring those monsters from destroying Earth.

The twisted sense in her stomach wouldn't lay down, not for a long while. So taking one of her books Elegacy decided it would be a wise idea to go and read out in the sun for as long as it was still calm. The upcoming battle, and any next one was enough to worry about, without having to worry about additional things.
She knew soon would be the time to tell everyone all they needed to hear, but of some reason she held the notion that postponing that for as long as possible would be the best for everyone.

She walked out of her house, locking it behind her. No matter what, the house had to be locked, no one was to enter without her permission. For various reasons.
With a book about ancient spells that were long since forgotten or rarely practiced due to them being outdated in her hands she went back to the great gardens and to the tree were she had earlier intended to sit down and relax before Jessabell had hurried off to help contain a fire that had been started. Probably an accident by one of the fire angels. One that didn't have a rank yet, or was new to their rank and hadn't quite realized the full potential of their powers yet.

Just as she sat down, something startled her. It's like her heart had been squished for a moment. In horror she looked up, to the wall. "Catalyx." She breathed, moments before the crash.

Soaring down Celestine landed near Jessabell and one of the 'permanent' guards that held duty on the wall. There were all kinds of jobs, and for those that wanted to serve, had no rank, but didn't want to be in the front lines, there was the wall to mend. Maybe not the greatest fighters this lot, but they were funny, kind, and were their first line in knowing when a next attack might be.
She gave a quick nod to Jessabell, acknowledging her, before turning to one of the guards. No idea what his name was, but that was well beyond the point.
"So, what's the update?" She asked.
"Same pace as before. We're estimating that there's about an hour or two max before the first wave hits."
"Good."
Having a whole hour to get ready and stand to fight was well beyond what they needed most of the time. Especially with the small troops like these that marched their way. The alarm would sound once they were certain only an hour was left between them and the creatures. People had more than enough to do without having to worry about spending extra time loitering beyond the wall. Decades of experience had taught them a whole lot of things, that's for sure.
"I'll be back at the hour mark." Celestine said and flew up with two firm strokes of her wings. From way up here it was even easier to see how far the Chaos creatures were.
Landing on the tip of one of the towers she looked on. It was always strongly advised against standing up so high with wings stretched, as that made an easy target, but Celestine wasn't really one for rules. Unless it were her own.
Having seen enough for now she turned to swan dive back down to ground level when a glint caught her eye.
She looked back, peering onwards, till her eyes grew large in fear. She made an attempt to jump, and to call out down low to get down, right as a high velocity projectile hit, sending the tower crumbling to the ground.
And Celestine? Celestine had been knocked out by the blast, heading straight for the ground amongst the rubble to her possible doom.

Outside of the gold smith's, Keelyn had already found something new to complain about. "Why can't we go kill the chaos creatures things already?" Keelyn questioned, "I want to get on with the killing already!"
"Because they're not here yet," Adwin explained for the millionth time, "And if we go early you'll just start shouting random insults over the wall again. While I love you to bits Keelyn, it's not something you should be doing at your age."
"Well neither is stripping!" Keelyn exclaimed.
"Kay, there's a good reason for that," Adwin reasoned, "There's no reason to go early. So just... Keelyn?" While Adwin had be nattering away, Keelyn had disappeared down a nearby alleyway. If Adwin didn't want to go early, that was fine- Keelyn would simply go without him.

It wasn't to long ago that after Celestine left, Lucian left seeing as nothing amused him -as nothing ever did anyways besides his interest in animals-. But as he walked out the cafeteria to 'duty hall' as he would call it to be updated, an angel shot up and pointed."LOOK! THE GRAND MASTER OF FIRE!" To which he averted his gaze to the fellow angel and quickly walked towards him. Wasn't she just with him not to long ago...? Lucian shook the idea off and watched from a big screen Celestine falling down with rough impact.

"If no one slows the impact down as she's falling--She'll die." Remarked Lucian quickly as he turned around to leave the base and go outside."WHERE ARE YOU GOING?" Yelled the male angel."I'm going to catch her and slow her down." Answered Lucian as he took his arms out from his 'cloak' that were actually his wings and handed the guy his rabbit."But you'll be disfigured or eliminated from battle Lucian." The man said in his slightly thick Scottish accent. Lucian chuckled as he walked away again."They said the same thing about my face after taking a kick from a horse, and look at me now." He chuckled. The angel followed behind Lucian as he held onto pillow, Lucian's beloved possession."Then you may also die! What happens if you do from just a hit?!" Asked the angel concerned. As Lucian came outside he looked at the sky trying to spot his friend."If I die, I won't be remembered as the angel who died by one hit, nor remembered not only by looks." Paused Lucian as he then spotted Celestine and opened up his wings."But least to say, I'll be remembered by saving a -clumsy- grand master." He answered as he walked backwards focusing his eyes on her and ran in order to fly in the air with more speed and accurate straight directioning.

"But---!" Before the angel knew it, Lucian was already far away and flying quickly. Lucian figured if he tried to Atleast equal his speed of flying to half the speed shes to falling--He can slow her speed down more where he'll take less damage from being eliminated from battle or severely injured. Even though, he'll take more damage compared to Celestine.

As Lucian managed to catch up, he stopped using his wings and dropped down beside her to equal his speed to hers for a few seconds. While back at base the angel thought he was crazy."What is he doing!? He's supposed to grab her!" The male said to himself. Once Lucian gained enough speed, he stretched his hand out to grab hers through his idle wings and spreaded out his wings even more as he wrapped himself around her and switched places, him being on the bottom and her being on the top. Lucian could feel his wings closing around her, but that was what he was trying to avoid. If his wings were closed around her, he'd fall even faster to the ground taking to much damage. If his wings were open and still somewhat spreaded, it would slow the air and gravity down for him to still stand when he lands -while dragging the ground with him-.

As Lucian positioned himself, he tried to spread his wings open. The fall slowed down causing him to land on the ground feet first with a small yet great impact, that pushed him back, dragging the ground and stones with him and he held Celestine in his arms bridal style stopping the movement as his wings then wrapped around her to block out dust that would blind or bother them. Lucian leaned his back against a wall of a building letting out a deep breath and looked down the check on Celestine to see if she was alright to put down by now. He then began muttering.

"So reckless... And.." But seeing as it'd be rude to continue his sentence he instead shook her a bit in his arms staring down at her."Sleeping beauty, are you awake? Or shall I wake you up properly with a kiss?" He stated in a dull tone before chuckling.

It would seem that nobody could get a moments peace before some new disaster happened. After hearing Lucian create a commotion alongside some other angel, Adwin realized what was going on. Obviously Adwin would have gone to save Celestine himself, had Lucian not been so enthusiastic about doing so himself. Trusting Lucian to save Celestine alone- perhaps more than he should do- Adwin decided to just watch the incident for now. Carefully unfolding his wings for the gazillionth time that day, Adwin cheerily fluttered over the site of the fall, observing Lucian adeptly aid Celestine. Overhearing Lucian's comment, Adwin gave a small chuckle himself- though not for the same reasons as Lucian. No, in contrast Adwin was laughing at how brave the statement was. It would be... interesting... to see how Celestine reacted, Adwin thought. He flapped down a small distance away from the couple, waiting to hear Celestine's reaction. under the pretense he was just going to see if Celstine was okay.

At the same time, Keelyn was sneaking around nearby in the shadows for similar reasons as Adwin. She too had noticed the commotion, and guessed it would be rather interesting to spectate- she guessed right. Depending on Celestine's reply, Celcian might just become Keelyn's new OTP. Which, unfortunately, would make the two subject to many of Keelyn's pranks. Experienced in disapproval on such matters, Keelyn was extra careful to stay hidden...or at least as careful as she could be. Basically meaning not very careful at all, but she was trying.

Percy heard the collapse of the tower, and was ready to take off, but much like Adwin, the air angel let Lucian handle the situation. He let the gradually building squall around his body dissipate. Apparently Celestine was fine, as nobody was screaming in grief, but Percy's worries weren't over. He folded his wings against his back, and started walking through the alley--right up behind an unsuspecting Keelyn who was trying to stay out of sight. She somehow managed to enter the alley right in front of him and never took notice. He leaned toward her ear. "Next time you want to sneak around, you should check your rear," he remarked dryly. He instantly took a few steps back to avoid getting smacked by the novice. He wasn't going to give her a chance to say much else, as he then started to speak once more. "Be careful. It's no coincidence that tower is rubble."

Percy's wings shot outward, causing a gust of wind to rip through the alley. The air currents then circled around and he took to the air, jetting through the air quickly thanks the gust. He soared through the air, looking for the massive wings of his Grandmaster. It wasn't hard to spot Adwin; he was very large, partially because he was physically large and partially because his wings were utterly massive. Of course, he was near the wall to watch the situation. Percy landed softly next to his superior. "Normally towers don't crumble that suddenly. What was that, did you see?" Metallic tinkling signaled Percy's limiters sliding down his arms, hanging almost to his ankles. A look of concern was on his face, as his eyes stared towards the sky.

24x19mu.jpg

Ariel had found himself mid-conversation with a passing angel. She had noticed the book under his arm and had quickly come to the conclusion the water angel was a bookworm. Was it his appearance? He was always classed as a bookworm or a nerd. He sighed to himself before engaging in a surprisingly stimulating conversation with the short blonde. He even came to far as to laugh at one of her jokes about his current literature status'.

A soft smile peaked on the corners of water Masters lips, while she shoved the book back under his arm. It was a surprise to run into quite a few people today who seemed to be interested in quizzing the angel on his current study.
"Actually I had just gotten to the part where Ni-"

A harsh crash cut the angel off from his sentence. Both his honey coloured eyes and her spectacular greens, fell to the scene of the disturbance. Needless to say, it was a shock to see what was unfolding. Ariel's eyes opened in shock, watching a close friend fall from a newly formed tower of rubble. Celestine was plummeting and fast, his mind was racing at the speed of coursing rapids, he only noticed after that another angel had swooped in just in time to catch the falling fire star. He inwardly thanked the gods that Celestine was alright. Ariel looked to his left, noticing the shock still evident on his companions face.
"If you'll excuse me, Miss"

He ushered a bow her direction, before unfurling his sodden wings and taking flight. Much sooner then he expected, Ariel found himself landing sted-foot in an area with two by-standards, Adwin and Percy. Ariel came up from behind with a smile on his face, pushing himself into the conversation to perhaps acquire some knowledge on what happened.
"Afternoon Adwin, Percy. Would you two mind filling me in on what has happened? I was unfortunately lost in my books to see the whole mishap."

The gust of wind channeled through the alley by Percy's wings knocked Keelyn onto her butt, in a very un-elegant fashion. Infuriated by Percy, Keelyn's face contorted, and turned a shade as red as her hair and wings. Most likely it was the bright carmine colours which Keelyn sported that had helped reveal her in the first place, yet she was thankful for their diluting affect on the colour of her blushing face. Not that it mattered, considering how fast Percy had moved away to avoid being struck by Keelyn after his mockery. Rage suddenly bubbled through Keelyn again, thanks to her remembering the events from just seconds ago. It wasn't as if he'd hurt her, and he'd only been slightly rude, not cruel to Keelyn. For most people it wasn't really something to get annoyed over, however Keelyn wasn't most people. Percy had damaged the second most important thing in the world to Keelyn- her idiotic sense of pride. Regrettably for Percy, Keelyn despised people who made a fool out of her, and she couldn't put up with anybody's arrogance (except her own, of course). Worse still, she was a killer with grudges. If it hadn't been for the fact Keelyn wanted to stay close to the walls, so she didn't miss the fight, she would have flown to Percy's house there and then, to burn part of it down. Instead the time for revenge would have to wait...though it would definitely come in good time. Keelyn stood up off her bruised behind, lingering in the alley for a few moments more. She decided she may as well wait a few moments more before deciding what to do for now.

Adwin had managed to miss the events in the alleyway. Perhaps it was because he was so used to seeing Keelyn he just didn't notice her, or maybe it was because of how distracted he was by the accident. Who knows? What matters is that all of Adwin's focus was on the new arrivals, not on his precious daughter. Immediately Percy and Ariel began questioning him on the incidence, as if he was the person to be asking. "Percy, Ariel, good to see you," Adwin replied calmly, "I'm sorry to say I didn't see exactly what happened, since I was too far away, but I presume some sort of missile hit the tower. I think it would possibly be better idea to question Celestine on the events, if she's okay. Speaking of which..." Adwin flashed a gentle smile to Percy and Ariel, before moving away from them towards Celestine. Walking up close to Celestine- who was still in Lucian's arms- Adwin quickly scanned her body for injuries. "How are you doing, Celestine?" Adwin asked gently, wary of the fact Celestine might be shocked still, "I know Lucian caught- and thanks for doing so, by the way- but are you injured from being hit in any way?" It seemed a lot of destruction had been done to the tower, so it could of easily of had similar affects on Celestine. Adwin silently cursed himself for not checking up on Celestine earlier, which should have been his priority. As the oldest there, Adwin believed that he should be setting a good example, not playing spy. In fact, the reason Adwin was acting so collected was because he was trying to set an example. Deep down Adwin felt very differently though. A probable projectile at the tower, which created such an impact, was extremely worrying. It could only mean trouble from the Chaos creatures, daunting trouble...

Of all the care, the worry, the heroic save and even the cheesy pickup line Clestine had heard nothing. Not a word.
The blast had hit her hard, as it had knocked her unconscious upon the moment of impact. Had she been even slightly near consciousness she would have long flown out of there. A blast didn't render her too stupid to fly after all.
So she lay there, limp, in Lucian's arms. She breathed, but her eyes didn't flutter open to his remark, or the range of questions sent by Adwin.
If only she had been awake, she would have been able to give the most priceless remark back to Lucian, and explained about the Chaos' projectile that shot towards the tower just when she wanted to fly off.
Slowly Celestine's hair was turning crimson. Not because of her power, her element had no such capabilities, but a gash was hidden below the locks of golden hair. As the tower had been blown to smithereens, a piece had hit her long before Lucian had even taken flight. A healing duo, Shadow and Water, would definitely be something she'd need soon. Real soon as she was slowly getting warmer. Unconscious, wounded, Fire Angels were a risk to themselves, and anyone around them. If not contained, and kept in check, fire could grow wild, and do untold damage to mind, body, and anything around them, disregarding rank or power.

Running back to her house, skirts held firmly in hand as the other gripped the book, Elegacy practically threw the book onto the pile by the desk. She didn't throw with books, she had placed it down with care, but made no effort to take her time and put it back in an orderly fashion. That could wait, this was far more dangerous, and important.
She locked the door behind her and made haste with firm wing strokes to where the tower once was.
Her first priority was checking where the creatures of Chaos were, so she head out to the wall and looked. They were more than an hour away, nothing was trying to crawl up the wall and the rubble yet, so that was good.
Not good of course, but there was a worser option.
At least at ease that no Chaos being was right up close to them, she turned and swooped down where a few of the others were, those that had stood near the blast were by now tended to, being taken in to the hospital. Good.
All the people seemed in motion save for one group consisting of quite a number of high ranked angels. Three Masters, two Grand Masters, out of which one seemed to be motionless in Lucian's arms.
The Master of Light stooped down and walked over. Was she dead? No, it seemed she was breathing. And the others probably would have been more worried if it had been a death scenario.
"Gentlemen." She spoke. She had heard Adwin's comment to Celestine, but as the unconscious girl didn't react, Elegacy stepped in.
"The answer you seek is an ancient race of Chaos that was long trapped and restricted in movement. The Catalyx." She looked at the Grand Master of Fire. "She needs medical attention." Referring to Lucian and Ariel. The Catalyx she spoke of was not a very common breed, very few would even know about, lest they have read about it in books at the library, or payed attention in history classes.

Last edited:
"The Catalyx..." Adwin pondered, "Where have I heard that before?" Somehow the name rang a bell in the bag of his mind: a bell which had chimes more like screams than music, and a bell which bathed in shadows rather than glimmering like a normal bell. Seemingly 'Catalyx' was an evil word, one full of old terrors and ancient threats. Most importantly, though, it was a word that somebody of Adwin's stature should probably know...but didn't. Seemingly Adwin's happy-go-lucky mind had erased the horrific word he had once learned, leaving him feeling rather embarrassed in this situation. Surely Adwin should be able to discuss this 'Catalyx' thing with Elagacy, so they could try and come up with a solution to it, or at least Adwin felt he should. However, with Adwi's lack of knowledge on the 'Catalyx' it was impossible, which almost made him feel extremely stupid. I say almost, because while Adwin lacks brains, he makes up for it in his ever-optimistic attitude. Not that that was very helpful right now.

Thankfully for Adwin, Keelyn had the guts to shoot the elephant in the room. Or maybe ignorance is a better fitting description. Nonetheless, Keelyn darted out of the alleyway to Elagacy, almost knocking the oracle over, to inquire (in a rather louder voice than necessary) "Oi! Miss Oracle woman! What the heck is 'The Catalyx'? You're being as clear as mud with your explanation, so for those of us who do stuff other than read, tell us what these 'Catalyx' are." Usually Adwin would scold Keelyn for being so disrespectful to somebody of a higher rank, but while Keelyn had been making a fuss, Adwin had preoccupied himself with Celestine. Her condition would only worsen without attention, after-all. So Adwin had once again stripped his shirt off, and was using it to try and wipe away the scarlet blood running down her head. Hopefully that would be good enough whilst waiting for Lucian and Ariel to prepare a healing spell.

Status
Not open for further replies.