Angels of Elements RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
It remained quiet for a while, which surprised Elegacy in the least. A question such as that oft had people stopping in their tracks for one reason or another. And stopping in one's tracks was sometimes just what was needed to move forward again.
That what Jessabell did say sounded like she wasn't ready to share what was on her mind in truth. She wouldn't blame the Grand Master, it wasn't easy to let go of what might be bothering someone. Even though Elegacy had no idea what was really going on with the other angel, she did know when people's minds were occupied by other things than rest and order.
"Additional limiters could help you restrict the power till you feel more comfortable with the control you already have."
Not that that would solve things, but it was just like work. Sometimes in order to be able to clear the desk you needed to have someone else take up a job for a short while. Now no one would be able to take her powers and let her sort out what she needed to do to receive peace, but suppressing that what she feared to lose control over might help.
"You are most welcome to drop by should you need a place to talk." Elegacy said, ignoring the commotion that Keelyn had made. As long as it wasn't a scream of a new attack, she rarely looked up at such things.
Eventually she came upon one of the great old trees in the Gardens and paused. "Much pressure is placed upon your rank. Rest, as long as you can."

On her way to the diner Celestine crossed paths with a particular gentleman. "Lucian." She said in half delight. "Taking your pets out for a walk again?" She asked chipper. Well as chipper as she did.
She looked at the pet in his hands. Fluffy animals like that really weren't her style, but then again, what was in terms of animals…
"I'm going to get something to eat, care to join me?" She pointed in the general direction of the cafeteria with a smile on her face.

Last edited:
Luna watched as the clouds drifted across the sky, absently spinning an ice crystal in her hand. The was on the of the roof over her small home, it seemed like the only place she could truly be at peace. She took a deep breath before closing her eyes. Luna didn't know what to do these days, she was finally out of her fathers house, but where see was living was overcrowded at best. With a heavy sigh she stood, she looked gave a gentle push and flew into the sky as high as she dared. Everyone she could see was happy, so why did she have feel this heaviness, unconchously she ran her hand over her claymore in an attempt to calm her nerves. She never liked being around many other but that didn't mean she wasn't willing to give her life for another. No one much cared if someone like her was in the sky, it was just another thing about being new on the job.

Reactions: 2 people
Suddenly her stomach growled, Luna sighed before heading to the cafeteria the heaviness returning. When she walked in her eye caught that of Lady Celestine. Luna offered her a sort bow before moving to gather he own tray. When she turned around all tables where filled so, not wanting to interrupt anyone she settled herself on a window ledge. She barely noticed the voices the others while again her attention was captured by the sky.

"Actually, maybe dimming the sun would be the job for a water angel," Keelyn continued pondering, "And maybe they'd need help from an air angel. Because they'd need to fly up close to the sun, and there probably wouldn't be a lot of oxygen up there." Of course there were other problems with trying to make the sun less hot, but angels had magic, so why not? Keelyn continued to imagine the most absurd ways of being able to weaken the sun, including the method of a shadow elemental creating a thin cloak of darkness to cover the sun. While Keelyn concentrated on scheming against the sun, her hands absent minded-ly began fiddling with the grass. As Keelyn became more engrossed in her thoughts, she twisted her fingers through the grass besides her more vigorously.

Suddenly Keelyn noticed a burning smell. To start with she just dismissed it as the sun tormenting her further, but then she noticed the smoke. Keelyn jolted up right, and looked to her side. What had once been a lush patch of emerald grass was now ablaze turf. For a few moments Keelyn was captivated by the twirling amber, with scarlet fingers beckoning to her. However to over-whelming heat brought her back to reality, and she grasped what was going on. While she hadn't been paying attention to her hands, she must have accidentally set the nearby grass on fire. Which would have been a beautiful sight at home, but considering that a quarter of the verge was burning, with the inferno spreading, it wasn't so good in this situation. Not only did it make the already boiling day worse, but it might actually set something important on fire too. And while Keelyn loved silly pranks, this was too serious for her style.

Keelyn considered screaming for help, but who would listen to her? Not many people held her in high, or even any, esteem, with good reasons normally. She'd shouted for assistance before, only to lure people into a dumb trap. So it was unlikely that anybody would respond if she called for aid. Keelyn didn't particularly want to leave the fire, but there as nobody else around, so she had to go for help. She decided to try and find her father, probably the only person who would believe what she was saying. With that, Keelyn began sprinting of, the blaze spreading behind her.

Adwin, on the other hand, was currently shade bathing, oblivious the the disaster his daughter had created a few streets away.

Luna had been watching the sky all her life, so when the smoke started she was the first to notice, quickly she dumbed the tray and ran out the door. As soon as she was outside she unfolded her wings and flew as fast as she could toward the almost unnoticeable smoke column. The fire was blazing threw a huge field and Luna knew she wouldn't be able to put it out by herself, but she would contain it. Luna created a mist that covered the inferno, them she doubled her focus causing the tiny water partials to turn to ice. As the ice melted she replaced it, causing the water to keep the flames from spreading. After a moment she began to feel the strain of her magic, so to save energy she landed amidst the blaze. Luna ignored the hungry flames as they tried to lap at her skin, instead adding a thick layer of moister around her. She started coughing, the smoke choking her and further limiting her energy reserves. Luna shook her head, trying to clear the cobwebs that seem intent to take over her skull. She could feel the sweat as it ran down her face. She kneeled, determined to continue keeping the flames at bay until help arrived, then the reason her powers weren't as affective as they should be became known. The flames where created by a fire elemental, and a strong one at that. Luna coughed again, she had known something was wrong today, she just wished she had listened to her heart and stayed in the sky just a little longer. Now there was nothing left to do but wait for help. Luna's eyes hardened and she began to concentrate even more, she would not fail, not here, not when she was the only one that could help at the moment.

Even though Jessabells attention was on Keelyn at the moment in time, she was intently listening to Elegancy. She turned her head to look the Master of Light in her eyes. "I've never thought about getting more limiters. I always had assumed these few I had on my ears, boots and wrist would suffice, but perhaps you're right, maybe I should start taking these powers more seriously." Jessabell shifted her hands down to her side, returning all her attention to Elegancy as she followed the angel closely behind to one of the great old trees in the garden. Peace could sure be found underneath a beast like that. Jessabell had half a mind to sit underneath the monster of a tree, close her eyes, and sleep her troubles away. That was until a familiar smell caught under her nose. It was the smell of burning...no surprise there. Jessabell made a mental note that Keelyn was missing from the roof now, and to smack Adwin across the face for not watching over the Novice. As the Grand Master of Air, he alone should know how fast things can happen without control. She scowled to herself before returning her attention to Elegancy once more. "It seems that rest is going to have to wait, I don't exactly feel like living on a base engulfed in flames..." Jessabell turned away from the angel now behind her, walking with haste towards the newly rising plume of smoke.

Sweat was dripping fast down Luna's brow, her energy almost gone. She had already taken of her limiters in an effort to continue keeping the base safe but she was only a novice. She hope someone should come for she could not keep it up much longer. Then as if answering her silent prayer she heard footsteps behind her. Unable to turn she prayed it was not an enemy there to kill her.

As the dog remained by Lucian, it sat in silence while the angelic male was cuddling with his rabbit lovingly. Soon at the corners of his eyes the dogs ears perked up and slowly did Lucian focus his gaze down the hall in silence standing still.

From a slight distance away he spotted a blonde female with golden locks of hair and large--Grand orange and yellow bright wings that seemed fiery. Lucian let out a small chuckle of amusement as he put his arms down, sneering quite faintly and looked away. It was the grand master of fire, Celestine."Lucian." She called."Phoenix, Dearest." Said Lucian in his slightly husky voice as he looked at her giving her a nod. Phoenix was what he referred to Celestine because of her famous and most notable wings which was her best feature to everyone and she stopped Infront of him, beginning a conversation.

"Taking your pets out for a walk again?" Asked Celestine. Lucian looked down at her as the rabbit was hidden in his wings that acted as a cloak and he let out a sigh, letting out a small chuckle looking away then back at her."Why, we all know I wouldn't come out for anything else more than once. It's either pets, or duty." The ash brown male briefly retorts.

"I'm going to get something to eat, care to join me?" Celestine asked. For a moment Lucian pondered at this question. He looked over his shoulder at the direction she had once pointed to earlier and he looked back down at her."Sure, why not." He answered simply and began walking to the cafeteria. Rabbit cradled in his arms under his 'cloak' and dog following beside him.

Lysander
The Garden

Boy was it hot. So very very hot. Though the current weather was dreadful for some, it wasn't entirely bad for others. thump thump thump. The sound of rubber soles hitting the pavement echoed silently with the twitter of birds, the idle gossip of bystanders passing by. These sounds reached his ear, the man walking down the paved side walk leisurely. He was a fairly tall man, probably around the height of six foot, and surprisingly cloaked in the color of night. This is surprising because it was so hot, and the color black is said to absorb heat while the color white reflects it. Though the man didn't seem to care...or he was just keeping the fact that it was bothering to himself. None the less, everything about him was dark in color save for the white ribbon that were slipped through little slits in his boots and tied back into bows at the back. He also had bright green, almost lime in color, piercing eyes, which actually gave him a very intimidating appearance. His short and styled wavy green hair was a darker shade of green, but at least it brought some color to his appearance. None the less he still looked like a thug. The man, or angel since he had long onyx black wings that trailed after him, kept his gave on the path before him, his eyes only shifting occasionally to look at a passer by, another angel who would either stare at him in awe or amazement due to the fact that he was the Earth Grand Master, or shifted their gaze away from the man and hurried past him due to the fact that he looked like he'd steal their purse if they didn't. He saw a woman, a lesser angel with small white wings, farther down the path and quickly averted his eyes when she looked at him. She took notice of him, and he glanced at her once again to see her reaction. He could tell by her drawn in eye brows, frown, and averted eyes, that she was worried of what he would do. Again someone had misjudged him by his appearance. She was even clutching her purse with death grip as she passed him in a scurry. He halted in his steps and looked back at the woman who had passed, then took a step back. He leaned back, his back against the iron fence, and stuffed both his large hands into his pockets with a sigh. Am I really that scary? The man though to himself as another sigh escaped off his lips. I should hurry back to the base and change. This heat is killing me.... he thought again, stepping away from the gate as he hooked his finger unto the collar of his shirt and tugged on it. After readjusting himself the man continued walking forward passed the garden when he stopped once again. The smell of smoke and scorching grass had wafted into his nose, and he immediately looked up at the sky to see a plume of smoke raising into the clouds. That isn't good....should I go check that out? I'm sure someone else will handle it...but I guess there's no harm in going to watch from afar. He murmurs in his mind as he pressed onward, one step at a time, and in no hurry at all. He turned the corner, and entered into the garden through a gate. This place was awfully close to work or was this part of work? The green haired angel didn't really care, but he did care that nobody had arrived to put out the fire just yet.

"Am I going to have to fix this then? What a pain in the ass..." He let out an annoyed groan. He knew it would be easier if a water angel had arrived on the scene instead of him, but there were none there. He stood there for a moment, the embers illuminating his green eyes and shadowing his face. He looked menacing because of that. When he began to hear the idle gossip again he turned to the gate and found that a crowd was beginning to surround the iron gate and look through the bars to see what was going on. This irritated him even more, and he looked at the crowd with a stern expression.

"OI!" He boomed at the crowd, his voice unintentionally harsh and loud. He even managed to make a few of them jump, and he shook his head in annoyance. Never the less he continued to handle the crowd, much to his displeasure. "All of you go home! The enforcement will take care of this. Go on! Scram!" He rose a hand and shooed them off easily. Most of the elderly angels had agreed with his claim and some of the crowd began to wander off, but there was still a crowd there despite his efforts. He sighed again. This was a complete mess. Turning his back to the crowd he slowly rose his hands only a deft to his front, and a loud rumbling rang out into the air as the ground shifted before him. The earth began to collapse in front of the massive fire, until the earth engulfed in flames and the earth that had yet to be scorched were separated from each other by a trench. He could not put out the fire, but he could at least prevent it from spreading any.

"Woo! Good job Grand Master Lysander!" A woman from the crowd shouted out, and the crowd hesitantly applauded him for his efforts. Though when he shot them a glare, the crowd immediately slowed their clapping and they became unenthusiastic save for the woman that had caused the crowd to applaud him in the first place. She was still standing there clapping excitedly like an idiot. It was annoying. The fact he couldn't put out the fire was annoying. This whole damn situation was annoying. He couldn't stand the nuisance and ran a man's hand, tough and strong, through his locks. He could feel the flame's heat emitting from the blaze and beads of sweat collected on his forehead, before one ran down the side of his temple. He really needed to leave and change before he passed out from over exposure to extreme heat. He took a step back away from the fire with a sigh, he really did wish there was more he could do since nobody else was there to handle it. Until someone arrived all he could do was wait until the flame burns up all of its fuel and then extinguish itself in the process.

Keelyn, being typical Keelyn, didn't even consider the fact that other people might see the smoke from the fire. Her heedless nature meant that Keelyn didn't even notice the plume of smoke, let alone think somebody else could. Keelyn lived in her own little world, where setting things on fire was a good thing, and nobody else could notice her beautiful flames. But a small, tiny, part of her had acknowledged that she couldn't let her fire destroy the public verge. So Keelyn raced towards her father with urgency, foolishly believing the fate of the verge was in his hands, rather than the other people who had noticed the fire.

When Keelyn spotted her father she charged towards him, butting into him head-first. Adwin, at the time, had been drifting off to sleep, when Keelyn suddenly knocked him over. "Mmm...What's wrong darling?" Adwin asked, still slightly sleepy. He rubbed his eyes, looking down at his flustered daughter.
"FIRE! I made a fire! ME! And it's amazingly hot, and red, and bright, and it's burning down the verge!" Keelyn rambled, "You have to fix it, dad, please, I don't want it to, like, spread, and kill houses! Fire it out!" While Adwin couldn't understand one word Keelyn was saying in her frantic voice, he could see the mass of ash rising into the sky. He put two and two together, and wasn't asleep anymore.
"What in the good HEAVENS have you done Kay?" Adwin exclaimed, rising to his feet. He instantly unfolded his massive wings, knocking over a nearby table. It'd probably piss somebody off, but now wasn't the time for delicacy. Keelyn leapt to the side, just in time as Adwin began beating his wings. A mini-gale was created as Adwin took off, leaving Keelyn struggling to stay on her feet.

Adwin soared through the sky, enjoying the winding running through his feathers on this sweltering day. There was little time to enjoy it though, as Adwin registered when he saw the full inferno his daughter had created. Definitely time for some new limiters. Back to the emergency at hand, Adwin took a few moments to assess the situation. There was a crowd of excited onlookers, a trench around the fire that Adwin assumed must have been created by the nearby Lysander, and... was Luna by the fire? Seeing as the fire was currently being contained by Lysander's trench, Adwin decided to focus on saving the weakened water angel before properly putting out the fire. Focusing his powers, Adwin created a tunnel of wind, pushing back the flames licking around Luna. Next Adwin swooped down, landing right next to Luna in the small alcove of air surrounded by the blaze. "Are you alright?" Adwin questioned, "Can you fly out, or...?"

"I'm fine milord, but the flames. I haven't enough power to hold them back any longer. Please forgive me." Luna struggled to rise from where she kneeled and lifted her slightly singed wings to the sky. She weekly flew into the air and got as far from the fire as she could, she landed rather heavily on the outside the edge of the fire. Her body was covered in ash and she coughed harshly but told those who ran toward her to stay back. "You mustn't come closer, I will be fine." Even as she spoke the edges of her vision began to dim, the last of her energy starting to drain.

On nearly any other occasion, Adwin would have made a remark about Luna calling him milord. However, considering how enfeebled she was, this wasn't the best of times to do so. Adwin followed the faltering Luna, ready to catch her in case she fell. When she dropped onto the ground, Adwin looked over her. Luna certainly wasn't fine, as she claimed, but Adwin didn't know any healing magic, so there wasn't anything he could do. "Get help," he advised, before rising into the air once more. It was time to put out the fire his daughter had created- if he couldn't do this, then he didn't deserve to be a Grand Master.

Adwin started by summoning a dome of wind, large enough to cover the entire fire. Subsequently he commanded the all of the winds in the to blow inwards, causing the inferno to collapse in on itself, being pushed back to it's central origin point. Finally, when the fire had been concentrated into the one inner section, Adwin used draughts to deprive it of oxygen. Combustion requires oxygen, so when Adwin used his power over air to specifically deprive the fire of it, the blaze quickly blew out. It was an impressive feat, one that had taken a good minute to complete, and left Adwin feeling exhausted. There was still the matters of cleaning up the cloud of smoke, healing anybody injured, and replacing the turf, but Adwin could leave that to somebody else. Adwin fluttered down to the ground, somewhere nearby to Luna, wanting to rest like he had been trying to beforehand. The idea of scolding Keelyn vaguely floated around in his mind, but Adwin pushed it to the back of his mind and slumped onto the ground. It could wait- right now, he was taking a break. Adwin simply watched as lower ranked angels moved in to take control of the situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Luna looked up and took a deep breath before standing, the fire was out so she could return home for some mush needed sleep. As she turned to leave she spotted Adwin, carefully she picked her way over to him. "I'm sorry I could not do more, thank you for getting me out of there. Is there anything I can do to repay you?" Luna already felt her energy returning, though slowly, so she held her hand out to the man smiling ever so slightly.

Luna faltered when she offered her hand so instead she simple stood to the side, letting the world pass by her as the sun kisses her skin. She was going to get a shower as soon as she could, then it was off to find something to eat before bed. Luna frowned to the crowd of people coming there way and with a sigh started picking her way threw them, walking slowly but surely to her home. Her body hurt from the burns that she had because she hadn't been able to keep every flame at bay. She silently promised to train harder.

Ariel was almost fully engrossed in the way Zy flipped her cards around in her hands with grace, grabbing certain cards from different places and reshuffling them in a harmony. Most times he looked up to her eyes, he noticed she wasn't even looking, and was completely zoned out. Ari took a deep breath, leaning back onto his hands and relaxing, smiling up to Sully, before looking behind him. A large black and grey plume of smoke rose behind the angel, only slightly off into the distance, sighing, Ariel stood up, smiling apologetically to his two friends before taking off into the distance. He noticed Jessabell walking behind him, at a slowish pace, clearly annoyed. Only she could find annoyance in fire. Ariel made it to the fire, only to watch two other known angels; Lysander and Adwin, expertly put it out. He also noticed a smaller angel on the ground; was this the new water novice? Ari had yet to met this new angel, and was quite curious. He smiled, watching the fire extingusih itself leaving behind a large black plume of smoke. Ari walked up to the smaller woman who seemed to be ashamed of something. Her head was bowed and she looked sad, he came close beside her, putting a small finger under her chin and lifting it to meet his glasses covered eyes "Hello there dear, I'm Ariel, what's your name?".

Luna was shocked, she did not notice the man walk up to her. "I have heard much about you Lord Ariel. I am Luna Blade, it is a pleasure to meet you. Please forgive me if I do not rise to greet you as I should, I am still weary." Luna smiled at the man and bowed her head.

Last edited by a moderator:
Adwin shook his head as he listened Luna's posh was of speaking. It was sort of cute, but it made Adwin feel uncomfortable, as if he were some sort supercilious person. Although it was better than Luna being rude- somebody speaking formally was hardly something to complain about. Not that any of this was Adwin's business in the first place, considering Luna was talking to Ariel, and not Adwin. Considering this, Adwin decided to think about his own problems instead. However much Adwin wanted to rest, he needed to get Keelyn some limiters before the next wave arrived. Heaving, Adwin pushed himself up onto his feet, then started walking back towards where he'd seen his daughter last. While he didn't expect Keelyn to be there, it was a start, and she was probably lurking around in the shadows somewhere in that area.

The plumes of smoke and the commotion associated with the attention the fire was getting annoyed Percy. He groaned, begrudgingly getting to his feet and extending his slate-grey wings to their full length. He launched himself into the air, using his magic to nudge the winds upwards to assist in his takeoff. Two flaps of his wings and he was well above the city, high enough to see what happened. Apparently Keelyn lit a fire, forcing Lysander and Adwin to prevent the flames from spreading. Even as a novice, Keelyn's powers were starting to become uncontrollable. Percy folded his wings to his side and dove towards the crowd. He spread his wings, causing a light gust over the crowd, and landed softly, slowly folding his wings back to prevent himself from hitting anybody. He approached the Grand Master of air, mostly out of habit, but said nothing. He just stood nearby.

"Do you want me to handle the crowd?" he asked a few moments later, his voice low. "Or would you like me to find your daughter?" Percy's concern was mostly due to him wanting a quiet place to relax nearby. A small bead of sweat ran down his cheek. The flames and mass of bodies boosted the temperature even more than the already scorching atmosphere. In response, Percy raised his wings, unfurling them slightly to provide a bit of shade to him and the Grand Master.

There were more then a few tell-tale signs that Jessabell was irked. One reason, probably being the most justifiable cause for her bothered attitude, was that fact she had warned Adwin weeks ago to get Keelyn some limiters, stronger then those pieces of junk that wouldn't even restrain a cat from viciously scratching a human...not that the two had much in common; Jessabell just couldn't think of other scenario's to place her thoughts in. There was no emotion on her face, but it was easy to tell her current state by her body language, fast paced walking, and her eyes primly focused on one target only, that being Adwin. Jessabell watched all the commotion from a distance before deciding it was her moment to step into the mess and get a word in with the Grand Master of Air. Jessabell's greyish-blue optics scavenged the situation, she noticed a small angel; unknown to herself and she made a mental note to get some info on her. She also noticed Ariel, Lysander, and Percy...but Keeyln was no where to be seen. She sighed, murmuring a few curse words to herself before walking up to Adwin. "Count your blessings I'm in a lazy mood today, because my knuckles have your name on them, Adwin." She had always had a vile attitude to people who didn't take her advice, not that she ever wanted to get into a fight with the angel, but she figured warning him in such ways might get him to reconsider listening to her in the future. Out of the need to douse the conversation with some much needed sarcasm to lighten up her own mood, she began counting slowly on her fingers, mumbling out some numbers and eyeing Adwin with a signature 'seriously?' look. She finished counting, looking at the angel in front of her. "Three weeks ago I warned you of what I witnessed.." Jessabell sighed to herself, not sure if she was getting through to the man or not. It seemed he had to much of a carefree attitude. She envied that sometimes, seeing as the only emotions that were ever on her face were those of...well...nothing, she wasn't keen on showing her emotions, but they were a dead give away internally most of the time; she had to work on that. "Control her Adwin, or I will.." Jessabell ended the conversation just like that, pushing her hand against the Grand Master of Air, in a playful nonthreatening manor, but still giving him her 'look'. She turned herself away, walking over to where the fire had been put out, and then back to the cobblestone path area, where another familiar angel stood. It was Lysander. Jessabell came up beside the angel, standing on par with the man at her height of 6'3'. "Your doing I assume?" She stated, gesturing to the large hole in the ground where the ash and smoke seemed to emanate from.

Celestine had smiled when Lucian had called her that name again. Various people came up with various names for people, but so far this one was one of the most fun ones as far as she was concerned. She had as oft as not responded with "Wish that I was dear friend." and today was no different.
She was glad he had taken up on her offer to get something to eat, because frankly, eating alone was just plain boring. Or it meant other annoying angels tended to bother you more while you were on your own. And if there was one thing she had no interest in dealing with, it was those pesky little buggers. She ruffled her wings once, due to the heat, now very glad that her wings weren't actually ablaze, instead of this fancy marking of flames.
Once inside the cooler air inside the building welcomed everyone. And it sure felt good.
Not really in the mood to go all healthy, Celestine decided today was a good day for a burger and fries, with water for a drink. And when the both of them had their meal they sat down at one of the booths. There were a few semi-familiar faces here and there but Celestine had no interest in paying attention to others. Not while there was food on her plate.
"So," she said between bites; "you ready for when the next wave hits?" She brushed her hair out of her face, the soft clinking of her bracelets never silent. "Who actually makes the battle plans with you guys? Jessabell or you?" The both of em didn't really come across as great communicators with the other ranks of their element, but hey, she had rarely had to fight beside the Shadows as she usually pushed forward first, right into the heart of the wave. Occasionally she hung back with Water or Earth, but most of the times... Well maybe she just had a deep love for the danger that lurked right at the epicenter. Which probably explained the massive, twisted grin she oft bore while fighting.

Nodding her head silently Elegacy stepped back from Jessabell's presence. A fire was no place for someone like her. After all, what would she do what another angel couldn't already. Light wasn't the most efficient in putting out fires. A soft smile played upon her face as she saw the Grand Master of Shadow leave and head over to the crowd.
Turning around Elegacy walked the remainder of the road in the Gardens, till she reached the exit closest to her home. There were many things she could do at this point, such as go to the library, but right now ordinary books did not have her fancy.
She had adjusted her lock to be only able to be opened upon the touch of her specific light pattern, so she sent a small burst of light towards the lock, opening the door without ever so much as having to touch it.
It's not that she didn't welcome others into her home, she just didn't like the idea of other people possibly snooping around between her artifacts while she was away. Despite being raised in an orphanage where just about everything was shared, certain things she was very protective of.
Instantly when walking into the home she was greeted by the strong, heavy scent of incense. Most found it too overwhelming, but Elegacy was used to it, though going from the crisp outside smell into this always took a moment to get used to it. Inside the small shack, as it wasn't much more than that, held a bed over at the side and a chest at its end, blankets neatly spread out over it, a small coffee table, cluttered with candles, incense burners, and carved artifacts. Her small dinner table had been half converted into her study desk, with books and scrolls all around it that she had borrowed from the library and ones she owned.
She tapped the lamp that held no lightbulb, lighting it with her own power. Why spend money on something you could create yourself with ease.
Most of the floor was empty enough to walk around on, save for a few piles of books by the walls, and of course all the books in and around the massive book case.
You'd think for someone who was always in the library that she wouldn't keep so much junk at home. Well, junk might be just a word of perspective. To her every bit and piece that was here had value, and a great meaning. Probably another reason why they kept calling her Oracle.
There was that, and then there was that deep dark feeling down in the pit of her stomach. Something was terribly wrong, and approaching faster than she had hoped.
She glanced at the calendar, one month. In one month it would be her birthday. Her anniversary of being alive.
The Light Master's eyes grew dark. The last four weeks before her birthdate always upset her, and now even more than ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.