Angels and Demons

After heading back inside, Datenshi disappeared back into his room. He locked the door and plugged his headphones back into his ears, blaring Seether as he continued painting. After a few hours, he wiped sweat from his forhead and smiled weakly at his finished masterpiece. Although he knew she would glance at it then literally burn it right in front of him to try to hurt him, he didn't care. He was proud of this piece and he thought it was almost as lovely as the woman he was giving it to. He gathered the three different panels up and wandered to her room. He sighed deeply before knocking this time, then his eyes slid down her door to the ground at his feet. He was covered in bird blood and he knew he was an absolute mess, but he didn't really care. This girl was too hauty to approve of him even if he wore the finest clothing. He honestly couldn't even bring himself to say why he was giving her all of these things. He stood there, then decided to set the paintings by her door where they would undoubtedly be seen and he turned and disappeared, back to his room. She would probably have hit him anyway and he didn't want to be hit. It's not like she wouldn't know who did it, he signed the damn thing.

A knock on her door made her frown, and she strode over to open it with a glare. She was about to snap at whoever was on the other side, but nobody was there. Oh how cute, playing games and taunting her on the very first day. She rolled her eyes and was about to slam the door shut when something leaning against the doorframe caught her attention. Plucking up the trio of paintings, she stepped back into her room and kicked the door closed behind her. She laid the panels on her bed and examined them. It didn't take a genius to realize they were painted in blood, and the sweeping lines were exquisite. She eyed the signature curiously and wondered who Datenshi was, but all of a sudden she knew.

With a smirk, she hung the panels up over her large dresser. The deep crimson was a rather nice contrast to the black, she thought with approval. She walked out of her bedroom and went to his, following the scent of blood since she hadn't remembered which way his room was. As it turned out, it was only three doors down from her own. Without bothering to knock or announce her presence, she simply opened the door and leaned against the doorframe with a smirk.

"You sure know how to win the heart of a lady."

He hadn't heard her open his door and he jumped, possibly three full feet, when she spoke. He turned, his deep blue eyes locking on her expression. He smiled smoothly, leaning back against his dresser drawers as his painting supplies disappeared, all but the brush he had borrowed, which remain in his hand, freshly cleaned. He let his head fall forward a bit as he thought of what to say and his hair fell into his eyes. After a few moments, he raised his head back up and spoke smoothly, his deep but gentle voice sending the tiniest, almost unnoticable shiver through the woman.

"Well, I try at least. I hope you liked it, although after what you did to my first gift, I won't be suprised if you burned and or shredded it... There was no way I could make the painting even a fourth as beautiful as you, no matter how hard I tried. I sprayed it with sealant so the blood will not smell up your room. That's if you kept it."

He began to introduce himself, but then he realized she may not care who he was. On the other hand, he wondered if she knew that she had allowed her cold smirk to slip into a warm, soft smile? He stepped forward and tucked some of her golden hair behind her ear. His voice came soft as he stepped back, partially out of respect but mostly out of fear that she would throw him again.

"You have a nice smile..."

Kaethe, admittedly, could be a real bitch sometimes. She loved every second of it, too. As he replied and spoke of her possibly destroying the artwork, she allowed her expression to change. Messing with him? Probably. Amusing herself? Definitely. She smiled at him in the most genuine way that she could manage, even adding a cutesy little blush as he tucked her hair back. Her light blue eyes lit up as she looked up at him, blushing a little more as he complimented her smile. She hesitated, then took a step forward and laid a hand on his chest.

"You do too," she said softly, her voice sweeter than it had been before. In the next instant, she had hurled him across his own room yet again, and her smile slid back into her cold smirk that she loved so dearly. "Idiot. As if I'm going to melt into some puddle of simpering female goo just because you act like every other moronic guy out there. Seriously. Go annoy one of the spineless angel chicks, I'm sure they'll be all over your 'charming' ways," she quipped, then turned and walked out, rolling her eyes to herself and making her way downstairs to find something or someone to eat.

Marlo blushed at Elijah's comment. "I'm--I'm not sure I'm good enough." She looked away, embarrassed at her qualms. She didn't normally act this way, what was happening to her? "But, I just might have to take you up on that offer sometime." She looked back to him, the redness all but gone. In truth, she had loved to sing, but hadn't done so in a while, not since her exile. It was the only thing that made her feel alive anymore. Just the freeness of baring her soul, even in private, made her feel a little lighter. "Tell you what," Marlo said, "give me a few days to think about it, and on the third day, I'll tell you what I decide. How about it?" She smiled, a mischievous look in her eyes.

Ornias eyed the demon once again, his gaze inspecting every inch of his wings. His eyebrows raised slowly, he had never met an Angel that had decided to follow Lucifer; heard of yes, but never been face-to-face with one. He took a breath, hesitant about telling this stranger his past. No one had ever asked him about it, and if they did he would just evade the question untli they grew tired of asking. He leaned on the wall and said "Yes, I am an Angel, though I think the Lord still does not considers me one of them. I made a mistake. A very idiotic mistake when I was young. Well, younger than what I am now, anyway." He gave a dry chuckle and shook his head.

"You believe you are not one of them cause you made a mistake? Well, it seems times have changed. It appears I must be too old. I do not believe what I did was a mistake. To follow what I believe in. Yet I was cast out. You still have magnificent wings, while mine are torn. Don't think it is you that made a mistake. You have a right to believe what you believe. I do not know this mistake, and if you do not wish for me to know, it is none of my concern. But remember, light doesn't always equates to good and darkness doesn't always equate to evil. Now, I'm done with depressing matters. The past is the past. Now about that fun...."

Datenshi rose, laughing. Damn, he should have seen that coming. He brushed himself off and nodded in acceptance that this woman would be much more difficult than the rest. That's why he already loved her. He finished cleaning his room and patching the hole in the roof before he pulled a thick book from seemingly nowhere and sat on his bed to read. In under an hour, he had finished and started yet another. He had decided to leave her alone for a while, to let her rage her warpath before trying again. Maybe it was a waste of time. Just maybe.

But then again...

Maybe not.

Strolling down the stairs, feeling satisfied, Kaethe moved through the expansive living room and passed by all of the empty chairs and couches. If she passed any people, she ignored them and just kept walking. She didn't feel inclined to be social, not when she had just used up her niceness quota on Datenshi. Besides that, she was hungry. So she walked into the gigantic kitchen and started looking around. The cupboards were full of all sorts of food, but none of it interested her. She had more.. vampiric tastes. Some human food was pretty tasty, but it had been days since she was able to get her hands on some quality blood. Obviously nobody here was going to let her sink her teeth into them, but the fridge in the corner looked pretty promising.

She walked over to it and opened it, scanning the contents absently. Milk, juice, lemonade. Just as she was about to give up, she saw a shining silver container in the back in the vague shape of a pitcher. She pulled it out and peered in the top, smiling as the dark crimson liquid sloshed around. Chilled blood. Hm. Not bad. She pulled out a tall glass from the cupboard and filled it half of the way, then topped it off with a splash of orange juice and a good drizzle of vodka. Adding a festive umbrella and a straw with a smirk, she picked up the glass and strolled out of the kitchen contentedly.

Ornias looked at the floor as Ru'mel talked. Though he seemed to not be paying attention he was. Follow what I believe in? He no longer knew what he believed in. The Lord? Sometimes. Faith? Faith in what? Love wasn't an option anymore...he had decided to take that off his mind and never think about it, not even try to understand its meaning. Love had made him a foolish. He had been a great demon slayer in his younger years, and love had turned him into a softer Angel. Maybe it hadn't been that bad, but receiving a punishment for something as foolish as love itself was something he had been very ashamed of...He looked up, a smug smirk on his face. "What have you got in mind to have some fun?"

After a few hours, Datenshi got quite bored and maybe a bit hungry. It had been days for he had been fasting. It was a thing to keep the figure he had. He sighed and put his books back where he had got them (out of nowhere) before strolling out into the hallway and into the main room. He honestly didn't want to talk to anyone at the moment but if anyone spoke to him, he wouldn't be so rude as to not talk back. Unless they were cheery. He loathed people who couldn't stop smiling or giggling. He wanted to rip their hearts out and feed it to them. He smirked as he thought of doing this then asking the victim if they still wanted to smile and laugh. A chill went through his spine as his more evil side kicked in and his eyes clouded over with silver as hs horns sprouted through his thick hair. He felt the tingling in his spine as his wings began to sprout, but he pushed them back. The horns and eyes were enough while in a crowded house. He began to crave things he hadn't craved in years. Blood, violence, and even sex. The thoughts made him cringe and growl, his fingers turning into claws as his jaw clenched. He fought for a moment with himself, falling against a wall and letting out a pained groan and holding his head.

Glancing through the glass pane of the doorway, Marlo saw a man walking down the hall, the tops of horns protruding from his head and fingers extending into claws. Trying to be friendly, she poked her head in the doorway, and said a quick greeting before seeing him fall against the wall. Looking back at Elijah for a second, she went inside, and asked, "Are you alright?" Even though she figured he was a demon, she tried to shake away her prejudice, knowing that everyone's different. She crouched down so she was in a kneeling position, and her eyes were level with his. She repeated, "Are you alright?"

Kaethe strolled back upstairs casually, drink in hand. She had already taken several delicious sips of the beverage, loving how the mixture rolled over her tongue so smoothly. The umbrella was a nice touch, she thought with a silent chuckle. It was the little things that amused her. Upon reaching the second floor, she moved down the hallway, barely paying attention since her room was up on the third floor and she was headed for the next set of stairs. However, when she was nearly to the staircase, she heard somebody asking somebody else if they were alright. She paused and glanced to the side, then down. Datenshi was there, along with some angel girl. It was obvious he was losing his grip, considering his horns.

"I wouldn't get so close if I were you. He probably bites and I doubt you'd like that," she informed the female, then smirked and walked on up the stairs. How cute that he was losing control like that, she mused, wondering if the angel girl was about to get some fangs in her throat from being too caring.

Datenshi only shooked, looking up at the angel. He could hear her heart fluttering, the blood rushing through her delicious veins. He fangs sharpened and he began to lunge at her, but he managed to dig his claws into the wall, keeping him at a safe distance. His voice came out as a growl, a snarl on his lips. He hadn't been like this in forever, what had sparked it now?

"Get me... blood dammit! P-Please it hurts!"

He was begging an angel to help him, which was against his nature, but if he didn't get help soon he would kill and that was worse than anything. He had heard Kaethe snicker at his condition. Once he was away from the innocent angel, he would repay her for treating him so poorly. He would tear her head off with his bare hands.

(Lol is it okay to curse here? I wanted to use the F word but I wasn't sure...)

Alyss slowly came down to the ground, folding her wings behind her. She was much more at peace now. Before her emotions and confusion had been a bubbling, hissing out but now... Now she was calm. Neutral. She knew what she had to do, and she knew that fighting was out of the question. Just as this thought crossed her mind, Alyss heard a commotion from the window she was just passing. The girl glanced inside and saw a Demon crouched on the ground, pleading with an... Angel. Well. That was certainly new. Alyss pushed open the window and jumped inside, swinging through easily.

"Blood," Alyss ordered, holding out her hand. A moment later and a blood pack appeared in her hand. Alyss tossed it at the Demon, her expression as blank and cold as it normally was.

(Just f****** star it out, man)

Datenshi tore into the pack as it was thrown at him, a low moan ripping from his throat as his body was warmed. He sucked the pack dry in a metter or seconds, then seemed to relax completely. His head fell to the side, tired eyes looking up at Alyss. This woman had saved him with no second thought. Was she a demon or an angel? To him in that moment it didn't matter, for she was his savior. He stood after a moment, wiping his lips of the blood left and he smiled at her weakly. He felt ashamed, embarassed, like a child that had been caught stealing. He could find no words to thank her, so he said the obvious.

"You... I... Thanks. Seriously, I'm sorry you... either of you... had to see that. And thank you. I am Datenshi, but you may call me D. Now if you don't mind, I have business to attend to. Thank you again, beautiful stranger."

He bowed deeply and graciously to Alyss and took her hand, kissing it gently before disappearing. He appeared in front of Kaethe's door and punched it, blowing it off its hinges and he flew at her, pinning her to the opposite wall with his hand on her throat. His fangs were inches from her face, a growl falling from his lips and his eyes a dark stormy blue. He spoke, but his voice came as a gravelly growl.

"Where the fu** do you get off on being such a godda** bit** to people, lady? I've been nothing but courteous to you out of Southern hospitality and here you are defying my kindness at every fu**ing turn! I should rip your fu**ing throat out! I don't now, nor will I ever want to be any closer to you than friends, and you're fu**ing lucky I even want that! I don't see how you could be so beautiful because the second you open your fu**ing mouth people hate you with a flaming damn passion! Why the hell are you even here!?"

He had never been so angery in his whole life. He was literally shaking, muscles trembling, fangs longer than ever. He was literally ready to rip her gorgeous throat out and drain every ounce of blood from her as his claws dug into her neck.

Caressing ornias' chin he said in a joking tone "Anything you think is fun." Then in a very mischief tone, "Maybe someone around here could help us find some fun. Hmm.... maybe we should find some others." Sticking to the shadows, ru thought of all the possibilities. He's kinda cute. He'll make good company.

Alyss watched as the Demon in front of her tore into the blood, gulping it down greedily. She supposed, in a way, she could understand that kind of need. After all, he had nearly become deranged because of a lack of blood. Alyss could remember the one time she had found herself unable to fly. It had driven her to extremes she'd never thought she would go to, and hoped she would never have to reach again. Although it seemed more like an essential component to the Demon then flying was, Alyss felt she could grasp a little bit of that desperation. Perhaps that had been partly why she had been so quick to help.

Besides that, as cold and detached as Alyss had become over the years, there was still a but of Angel left in her. She could not watch a creature suffer when she had the power to help. It was something Alyss would never be able to do, and she knew that. It mattered not what the creature was or who. Demon or otherwise, Alyss wouldn't be able to stomach sitting by if she had a way to remedy the situation. Even if it meant a quick death to those in pain. She was startled, however, but the pure and utter gratitude in the Demon's eyes. He seemed to look upon her as his saving grace and she was not certain how she felt about that. However, Alyss was not rude and accepted his thanks with a simple nod before he kissed her hand and vanished. She soon heard his voice once more, exploding from somewhere above them.

"Fascinating," Alyss murmured to herself. She turned towards the proper door to the room and strode towards it, still lost in thought.

Kaethe had gone up to her room and shut the door behind her, not bothering to lock it or anything. She drew her curtains so that it was nearly completely dark in there, then lounged on her bed and sipped at her drink. Ah, bliss. Smiling to herself, she drank about half of it as she thought about how ridiculous it was for some idiotic angel to approach somebody in such a condition. There was no way that Datenshi could have restrained himself, she thought with a grin. That girl was as good as gone. So much for coexisting in peace. Perhaps now they could all go home and this little experiment could be over.

She looked up as her door was literally ripped from its hinges, merely cocking an eyebrow. As she saw it was Datenshi, she smirked and shook her head. Poor boy couldn't get enough or what? Was he here to declare his love again? She sat up about halfway before he grabbed her, catching her off guard as he slammed her into the wall. The glass in her hand fell and shattered on the hardwood floor, sending the rest of her drink everywhere. She frowned and glared up at him, her light blue eyes hard as ice. As he ranted and growled at her, her expression changed a little. Her frown vanished and was replaced by a small smirk, not really suitable for being threatened and scolded.

Instead of responding, she reached up and cupped his cheeks, then kissed him soundly.

Ornias expression didn't chage. He still had that little smug smirk plastered on his face. His eyes bore into Ru'mel's as the latter carressed his chin softly. Ornias raised an eyebrow and put his hands on his hips, his jeans falling slightly, exposing the spring of his underwear. He the looked away from Ru'mel. 'Gosh, demons have a far greater power than I thought'. He licked his lips and then looked back again at Ru'mel, mischievous glinting in his blue eyes. "Let's find the others then. Fun is better with more people around".