Angels and Demons

Alyss continued to go up, finding stairs and doors that would help her to get higher and higher. She knew she had to get used to this mansion and she should probably explore a bit more. Memorize routes, find a good escape hatch if she ever needed it. But this things could wait until later. Alyss had refrained from flying for much too long by now and she was determined to stretch her wings. The wings now currently folded against her back. It didn't take much longer for Alyss to poke her head out on the roof. She slipped onto it and took a moment to find her balance. Then Alyss stripped off her shirt to reveal a black tank top underneath. Her wings exploded from her back, expanding behind her further and further until she had them stretched out to full length.

"Finally," Alyss murmured. She took a practice flap to stretch out the muscles before she took off in earnest. For the first time the cold, distant expression left Alyss and her eyes retained a more peaceful shine about them. She only truly enjoyed herself when she was flying, swooping across the sky happily in the knowledge that no mere Human would see her. She didn't have to hide or keep a constant look out. Alyss could just fly.

"I plan to be on the front lines," Marlo said with a laugh, "proving to God and Satan that their idea is completely ridiculous. At least that's my aim." She rolled her eyes. "But, it seems that someone's beaten me to it, going off and making that noise." Again, she laughed, referencing to the crash she had heard earlier.

((Sorry its been so long))

Ornias rubbed his chin with a hand, looking at Ru'mel up and down and finally deciding he was one of the demons that stayed in the mansion. Giving a light shrug he walked towards him, hands dug into his pockets. He ran his tongue through his teeth as he walked past him and studied that hallway they were in. He cleared his throat and motioned with a hand to Ru'mel. "Would you do the honors to walk first?"

Ariela finished off the painting on her wall, with a soft smile on her lips. She wiped her forehead, a light cream streak of paint smeared on her forehead lightly. She dropped the brushes down on the floor, and she exited her room. She saw some of the angels and demons talking and whatnot. She was alone, which she was used to. She walked off to the kitchen, getting a glass of water. As she sipped it, she heard the light murmurs of the other beings talking. She even heard the light flap of wings out in the distance.

-

Demetri laughed along with her, a faint smile on his lips. "You're funny, I like you," he told her with ease as he let his hands find their way to his pockets, digging through. "Have you been walked around the mansion yet? I almost got lost, sadly," he told her, a little embarrassed.

Ru just assumed the guy, ornias, didn't trust him. And good reason to. He didn't care and started walking. Not even seeing if he followed. "Oh what a splendid year this will be. Da ne sa teyo rignishi ben fise. Al ahno te mi rimoshke." He said, not realizing he was speaking an old dialect of daemon tongue.

Datenshi was halfway through his painting when he realized he did not have a paintbrush thin enough to get the details done. He growled softly and cursed silently as he trudged from his room, licking blood from his fingers to clean them. Ick, cold blood. He shuddered and froze as he smelled paint. He tracked slowly through the house, following the scent to the kitchen, where Ariela stood drinking water, paint smeared on her cheek. She would have a paintbrush, surely. He cleared his throat as he approached behind the fallen angel, not wanting to startle her.

"Excuse me, madame, I have an inquiry for you."

Ariela looked over once she heard a man calling her out. She raised her eyebrow, "Yes?" she asked him as she placed the now empty cup in the sink. She crossed her arms across her chest as she walked over more closely, and smelled the stench of blood and paint from his skin. "Messing with blood already? Isn't it a bit early?" she asked him in a teasing tone.

"I haven't, aside from exploring the hallway with all the bedrooms, and then it's only my room." Marlo says, shaking her head. "I don't know, though, maybe getting lost inside such a large house wouldn't be too bad." Then, she blushed, amazed and appalled at herself for making such a comment. It wasn't like her. Perhaps the mansion was getting to her already. If that was the case, then she would have an interesting year, although it wasn't necessarily what she wanted. "We can explore it together, if you want."

Elijah listened intently to her speaking, making sure to give her all of his attention. He was the kind of Angel that gave everyone respect. He only waited to see if you'd cherish it, or abuse it. She was doing good in his eyes--so far. He wasn't one to quickly judge someone so poorly. "Let's go, shall we?" he told her as he brought his hand out. Almost as if he was mocking a butler, he bowed just a tad and had a soft smile on his face, feeling goofy. They then began to walk with each other. "So...your name's Marlo, you won't tell me what you are, and you completely disagree with this situation of ours...so tell me some more about yourself," he told her.

Marlo giggled at his gesture, showing a small smile. At his question, she responded, "I'm just...me, I guess. Only have been on Earth for a couple months, so I haven't really had time to find stuff I like." She shakes her head, remembering that very heated argument she and God had had just a day before He "temporarily" banished her to earth. "Don't really get along with my master, and sometimes I wonder why I'm with Him, and not the other guy. Not much else to me, I guess." She says, looking away, embarrassed she had said so much. Normally, she was in control of her actions, and would automatically stop herself before she said too much. "What about you?" She diverted his attention, wanting to know more about this strange guy named Elijah.

Elijah nodded as he listened to her speaking. Then, it was his turn. He thought about it before he answered. "Well, I've never been on Earth, and if I have...it was only for a few moments. The job I do requires me to never have free time. But, when I ever finished my job early I'd sketch. It was always a gift I've had. Might be dumb to some people, but I enjoy it," he told her quietly. As they continued walking, he spoke again. "I have eight brothers, and one sister. I'm one of the middle children," he told her with a shrug.

He then noticed her face, how her eyes went wide. He chuckled, "What?"

Her eyes softened as he spoke of his life. It was nice, having someone else to talk to. When he asked her a question, she shook her head. "Nothing. Just not used to talking so much to one person. I kind of babbled." She smiled sheepishly at his laughter, and looked away at the adornments on the wall. None of them favored either God or Satan, possibly a wise choice, because some people might take offense. She could care less, however. If people wanted to fight over petty things as what was put up on the walls, then so be it."Drawing's cool. I've never been able to do anything with my hands, only my voice. I enjoy arguing...debating, if you will. I also like to sing, too, although I've never sung to anyone." She smiles at the memories her talking brings up.

Datenshi chuckled a bit and shrugged, speaking smoothly as Ariela looked him over. Would he tell her the truth, that he was wasting time on a stranger that hated him? He chuckled inwardly and smiled warmly.

"t's not for my pleasure, assuredly. May I bother you for a paintbrush? Perhaps a very thin one? I am unable to do details on the work I am creating and my paint is, uh, coagulating rapidly."

He laughed a bit as he made a joke about the blood.

Elijah was curious, wanting to know how she sang. "I'd love to hear you sing sometime, if you don't mind," Elijah asked her as he looked at the drawings on the wall, seeing how dull they were compared to what he was used to drawing. He's drawn various paintings for the Lord Himself. "How about this, you sing for me...and I'll draw you a picture sometime. I mean, hey, we have all year," he told her with an encouraging smile. Elijah noticed the backyard doors, long and details. He walked over to them, seeing the moon bright and full. In its prime. "C'mon," he urged her as he opened the doors, going out in the garden.

-

Ariela rolled her eyes playfully, and walked past him. She turned around, looking at him with her eyes wide. "Um, are you going to follow?" she asked him, then began to walk up the steps quickly as she walked over to her door, opening it and searching the bag of brushes she got from Lucifer. "Pick, and clean it when you're done. I don't want my brushes stained with blood," she told him as she scrunched her nose.

He bowed graciously and picked two brushes then disappeared to go back to his room. On his way, he glanced out the window and saw a form shoot across the sky. Interest peaked, he wandered outside to watch her fly. His back itched, wings aching to be used but he ignored it as always. He rarely ever left the ground. He caught her attention and waved as politely as he could. He was being rather people-friendly, more than he had wanted to at first. Perhaps it would be easier to get it all out of the way now.

Ornias half-listened to what Ru'mal was talking about. Mostly because his knowledge in demon tongue was as good as a kindergarten drawing. He wrapped his wings around him as a cool breeze ran through the corridor they were walking, the tips of the feathers caressing his bare chest. 'Probably night already' he thought to himself as he tried to find a window to look outside. And, suddenly, as they passed to what seemed to be a training room he could see the moon in the sky through a small round window. He smiled warily, remembering his midnight flight adventures when he was younger. When they reached the stairs he finally decided to speak up. "Not to be rude, but will you please speak english? I feel like I'm talking to my chimney when listen to you". His tone wasn't an annoyed one, it just came out flat.

"I apologize my good sir. Sometime I get carried away and speak in tongue. What do you suppose of this situation we all have ourselves then?" Ru had no idea what to think. He used to be a seraphim king, now he is a demon. He could get along with anyone. But he had always loved mischief. Noticing ornias had wrapped his wings around himself and shiver, he dropped the temperature. Then, between thoughts of mischief and thoughts of kindness, he raised it to a mild warm as to not be mean.

Ornias looked around him confused when the temperture dropped and then raised again, making his wings fold again behind him. 'Demons' he scoffed mentally, reminding himself that they were the kings of mischief, cheats and torture. He gave a shrug. "I really don't know what to think about it. No idea what the Lord and the Devil want to prove with this. If it doesn't work, then they shall see why Heaven and Hell were created for. But if it does...well, I don't know." He truly didn't know, actually. What would happen if Demons and Angels were able to live together? 'Hell breaks lose and Heaven shall fall' Ornias thought. He gave another shrug, mindlessly running his tongue over his teeth.

"Well, seeing as how we are both in this situation, what say we become more acquainted? I used to be a seraphim king. But I thought my dear luci's ideas were far greater than that of our lord. I followed. So, what about you my dear fellow? I assume your an angel, considering your wings aren't like mine." As he said wings, he let his torn wings out. Even tattered and beaten, they were magnificent in the way they turned the light. It's always good to be friendly. To have an ally is good. And greater to have a friend.

Kaethe hadn't found anybody of interest, so she had gone back to her room. Thinking about what the letter said, she glanced at the blank walls and thought of how nice it would be to paint these walls. Right after she thought about it, paint and brushes appeared in a tiny pile on the floor, along with sheets to keep it from dripping on the floor. She grinned and walked over, popping the paint cans open and nodding in approval at the colors. First she painted all of her walls a pure black that glittered faintly. Then, she painted the windowframe and baseboards and molding along the tops of the walls a deep blue that matched her wings. She added some blue swirls along the walls, then stepped back, satisfied. Now it was time to fix the rest of this room.

She thought about how she wanted the paint supplies to disappear, and they did. Next she thought about the furniture that she wanted. By the time she was done, her bed was in a black metal frame that had a headboard that curved with spikes and black roses. Her bedding was a black down comforter over blue satin sheets and pillowcases. Adding a couple of matching dressers and a nightstand along with a full-length mirror along with window curtains to block out the sun whenever she felt like it, she decided that she was done.