Angels and Demons

Marlo smiled. "Suppose you're right." She said, "I must admit, I am interested in how things will play out as the months wear on." He was handsome, and charming, she decided, but she still couldn't figure out whether he was demon or angel. Both had characteristics like his, so it was nearly impossible. "Okay, if you're not going to ask me what I am, I won't ask yours." She told him before rolling her eyes and laughing again. It was all so silly, really. The idea that demons and angels could coexist like this. But whatever, she figured, if He thought it was a good idea, that's his problem.

Alyss was curled up in a chair, her eyes scanning the pages swiftly before moving onto the next. Thousands of years on earth meant that she had perfected all skills that one would do when alone. Well, not perfected, but she was at least decent in most of them. She had never been social, even before becoming a Fallen, and afterward it had simply worsened. Alyss' suddenly heard a voice in her ear but, as usual, refused to react.

"If you wished to mess with someone I would've chosen a different target," Alyss commented. Her voice was quiet, even, and showed no sign of annoyance.

((All right, guys, I'm putting my foot down! Layne is right, we have an OOC thread. So no more just OOC posts here, okay? And Ashey, people are just guessing it's your character because you didn't say he was out of sight and there's very limited options, especially since Ariela left and really there's no one else there. Chill, all right? She could've been completely wrong and she would have no idea. Now, people, try and keep pure OOC posts to an absolute minimum!))

Sitting up after a few moments and looking around, Kaethe was mildly surprised to see that the bedroom she had fallen into was indeed occupied. A guy sat on the bed, eyes closed, earphones in and music on. No wonder he hadn't realized that a girl just came crashing through his ceiling. Well, it wasn't her problem that he was tuning out the world. He'd realize it soon, when it rained in through the hole or when he saw the pile of crumbled dust on the floor. She shook her head and stood up, shaking her deep blue wings off and brushing the dirt from them absently. They retracted into her back and she ran a hand through her golden curls. Ah, much better. Glancing back at the guy again, she smirked and shook her head. Boys.

She left his bedroom and was sure to slam his door behind her, both in hopes that the vibration would jump him and just because she enjoyed making loud noises that caused people to flinch. Once out in the hallway, she wandered around aimlessly, her innocent blue eyes taking in everything around her. There were a few people in the library, and a few others scattered. Nobody really stood out as somebody that she wanted to speak with. Sighing softly, she turned and went back to her own room, feeling bored and frustrated.

Ru realized this one wasn't fun. Disappearing back into the shadows, he went to find someone more interesting. Of coarse, since he was a demon, he had to cause some mischeif. Even if they were to all get along, doesn't mean he can't have just a tiny bit of fun. Hopefully everyone else wasn't like the person who seemed to fein interest.

As his door was slammed, Datenshi jumped. He looked around, pulling his headphones out with one swift yank and noticed there was not a giant hole in his ceiling. He tried to speak for a moment, but all that came was a faint squeak. He stood on the bed and jumped unnaturally high, his head poking up through the hole, then disappearing back into his room. Yeah, it was a hole alright. Not a figment of his imagination. He looked on the floor under the hole and saw a pile of dust and a lone blue feather.

Blue? That's a big-ass bird...

Then he realized: and angel must have done it. He growled, his fangs sharpening and his eyes swirling with red. Here he was, trying to stay out of peoples' ways and what does he get? A damn hole in his ceiling. What the hell. He stormed from his room, looking over all the people carefully to decide who's feather it was. Not a single one of them had blue wings. He began going through and opening dorrs, not caring whether or not he was invading anyone's privacy. He finally opened a door to find a young woman with golden hair and a soft, flowing dress on. She didn't have wings at the moment, but there were certainly feathers on her bed. He barged in unannounced and closed the door, leaning against it with a fire in his eyes. He spoke for the first time, his voice even, smooth and calm, a small smirk on his lips and an eyebrow raised.

"So you get off by ruining the rooms of people who have done nothing to you? I don't see how that could possibly be right."

He held up her feather as his evidence. He had her cornered. All he wanted was a confession, though.

Leaning against her window and staring outside, Kaethe didn't even hear anybody approach until her door opened. She turned with a frown at the lack of knocking and saw that it was the music man. Immediately her frown turned into a smirk and she put a hand on her hip. She eyed the feather in his hand and wandered over to him as he leaned back on the door.

"You have no idea what gets me off," she growled with a smirk, flashing forward to hurl him away from the door and across the room. There was barely anything in here to break, so she figured he'd probably hit the wall or something. Since he was likely to retaliate, she calmly opened the door and strolled out. Let's see if he wants to play, she thought to herself.

"To be honest, I'm pretty interested myself. I didn't agree with the idea, but I obliged to coming just to see the chaos myself. So far, it's quiet. It's too quiet," Elijah said with a soft sigh as he thought about it. "And think about it, it's only day one; it's just begun," he told her with quick wink.

Hearing a crash from above, near the bedrooms, Marlo scoffs, shaking her head. "And it's only going to get worse," she said with a chuckle. "Kind of silly, really, if you think about it. Demons and angels couldn't coexist like they plan it to happen. Isn't that the point though, that angels and demons can't exist together, so they are kept separate purposefully? At least, that's my take on it."

He smirked as he hit the wall with a thud and ran past her, out the front door and into the garden, coming back to stand in front of her with a singe dead yellow rose. He had decided to mess with her a bit and let his "gentleman-ly" side shine through. He bowed gently, his hair falling into his eyes as he offered the wilted flower to her. He waited for her response, ready for anything but not showing it.

"I just wanted to give you your feather back, no need to go throwing things... or people. Please, accept this rose as an apology for any offense I may have put upon you."

"You got that right," Elijah told her then, felt his heart jolt as he heard a crash from above. He then shook his curiosity away and paid attention to what Marlo was saying. "I mean, we have to exist for one another to be balanced. At least that's what I believe, but putting us in one house with a mixture of both for a year...? That's just pushing the limits. Can't wait to see it all go down, I'll be on the sidelines watching. What about you?" he asked her as he criss-crossed his arms across his chest, waiting for her to answer.

Alyss sighed as she finally closed the book and stretched. She didn't know what she they were supposed to be doing. Surely the Lord and the Devil didn't expect her to actively go out and socialize? With a shrug Alyss unfolded herself from the chair and headed for the door to the library. Maybe she'd make it back to her room without having to talk to anyone, and maybe she wouldn't. It didn't particularly matter to the quiet Fallen.

Ariela was in her room, singing quietly as she began to clear the wall in front of her. She then began to free-hand with a pencil, drawing quickly. She was going to paint on her wall, give a little color to her room.

Kaethe paused in her steps and eyed the rose, surprised on a few levels. First that he would even dare approach her in a way that wasn't asking for a fight after she had hurled him into the wall. Second, that he would give her a rose that was dead. Most people tended to give roses in full bloom, not the wilted reject ones. Oddly enough, she preferred the wilted ones to the luscious ones. Perhaps it was because nobody else liked them, or just because she liked to confuse people and be the opposite of what everybody else enjoyed.

"If you only wanted to give me my feather back, you wouldn't have started accusing me of getting off to 'ruining' a room. You made no attempt to give me the feather back or have a civil conversation," she pointed out, taking the rose and throwing it on the floor. "You are nothing but a liar and your apology is thoroughly rejected. Go die in a hole," she added in a hiss, walking past him as though irritated even though a small smirk was painted on her lips.

Ornias sighed deeply as he finally reached the steps at the entrance of the mansion. He had taken 2 buses, a ride with a guy on a motorcycle and quiet a running to get there. The only belongings he carried with him were his clothes in a large bag, intended to be used when going to camps, and a laptop he had from his job. He had told his boss he was taking a year-long vacation and impressively he actually agreed to it with him. Ornias wiped the sweat from his forehead and let the bag fall on the steps; he took off his denim jacket and unbottoned the upper buttons of his faded yellow shirt as the door to the front door opened. Ornias raised an eyebrow at the man in the door but only muttered a hello. The butler seemed to smile a bit. "You are the last one to arrive, Ornias. Good timing isn't your best, is it?" He chuckled lowly and took his bag, leading him inside. Ornias eyed the man up and down, quite baffled that he knew his name.

Ornias followed the man to the second floor, settling in his new room. He closed the door and locked it, inspecting the simple room he was in. He read the letter that was waiting for him on the bed. He had to read several times the personal message in the back of the letter before actually believeing it. Ornias, you might be able to return with us if you prove yourself worthy of it."Prove myself worthy of what?" he almost yelled as the letter turned into dust and vanished. Ornias scoffed and got up, taking off his shirt and letting his wings stretch, a pleased sigh escaping his lips.

After ru had searched the mansion in the shadows he noticed a late arrival. Deciding to see if he was as good a person as the last, he decided to speak. The door was left ajar and he noticed the newcomer was aggravated after reading his note. "Hi, my name is Ru'mel." He said, standing in the door frame.

Ornias turned quickly around and found a young man standing on the door frame. He slowly folded his wings behind him and waved at him with a bit of a smug smirk. By his appearance he couldn't tell if he was an Angel or a Demon. Whatever he was he was willing to get to get to know one or two people in here. He cleared his throat and said "Greetings. Name's Ornias. Was I actually the last one to get here?" He turned his back to him and took out the laptop from his bag. When he tried to turn it on the laptop gaved out aa weird gurgling noise and then smoke rose from the keyboard. Ornias furrowed his brow and took the device in his hands. "What on earth was that?"

By the looks of his wings, ru could tell he was an angel. He was one once, so he didn't have an inborn hatred for them. Luckily he had his wings tucked in, hoping that ornias wouldn't mind having a demon as a friend. "Yes, you are the last to arrive. And, communications are cut off in this house. We aren't allowed contact with the outside world. But we could always have fun." Ru said with a mischief smile spread across his face. Tempting an angel to cause mischief. The irony.

Ornias let the device fall on the bed and raised his hands over his head. "Great! That is a total downer!" He clenched his fits and put them on his hips, looking out the window with a scowl. He took a deep breath before he could make a scene in front of Ru'mel and looked over his shoulder to him. "What kind of fun are you talking about?" His dark grey wings fluttered with what seemed to be interest. It would do some good to Ornias to have some fun for himself, seeing as he was stuck in the mansion for a year with complete strangers. He fully turned around and crossed his arms over his bare chest, studying Ru'mel's expression.

"We'll have to find out," he said fading into the shadows, with only his head showing. All demons have the inert ability to hide in the dark, and he uses this to his advantage. "Walk with me."

Datenshi couldn't help but laugh. She was a wild one, this demon girl. He picked up the rose and tossed it out the window as he mildly wandered back to his room to see how bad the hole in his ceiling really was. He started by cleaning up the mess on the floor, humming a bit as he went. So, she expected him to be civil, yet there was a specific shine in her fiery eyes that told him that the rose was a nice touch. He hated fully bloomed roses, for they were a physical being that symbolized perfection and youth, and he knew neither of them were young or perfect. Well, she may be perfect, but obviously he wasn't. He sighed gently and thought of ways to win her over as he cleaned, then as he dumped the last of the rubble through an open window, it hit him. On a branch in a nearby tree were a nest of young birds. Perfect. He began whistling, lulling them into his room with their own language. Once caught, he tore off their head individually and poured their bloods into small bowls. The age of the bird determined the tone of red the blood was, so he seperated shades before pulling a large canvas from under his bed and setting it up to paint with the very liquid that both gave life and took it. She would love it, he knew.