Angel of Phrixus: OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it too late to join this rp? It seems very interesting and I'm currently working on a character for it, if you allow me to join.

Hello, Toreth. (: I was informed that you might be joining, so you are quite welcome.

[bg=white]
The Academic Sloth
"I must look the way I must act and be."
[drop]
thumb_20120928102859_975.jpg
[/drop]
Name ::
Joshua Erickson
Appearance :: Josh appears to be a well put together kind of guy who dresses like he's always got business to attend to. His dirty-dishwater-blonde hair is kept trim and never seems out of place and his peaches-n'-cream toned skin is not exactly dark, but not too light, albeit subjected to the occasional acne breakouts. Hazel green eyes peer over black rimmed glasses adding more to the 'I mean business' look.

Personality :: At first glance he seems serious and 'straight to the point', but it's more complicated than that. Nothing ever comes easy to him and he's constantly having to work hard to achieve his goals and especially to keep up with his long-time rival, Darcy. Though, he tries to keep that tidbit of information under wraps. He does whatever he can to make it all seem flawless and without a second thought. People would describe him as being an assertive type of lad with a thing for taking charge, but in reality leadership is just another thing that doesn't come naturally to him. He often turns to his younger brother of all people for help on matters and follows his example to the best of his ability. The life style he leads is quite stressful but as long as it makes his parents happy, so be it.

Interestingly enough, when he's in 'gamer mode' all of that changes. He drops the act and becomes more relaxed and good-nature. When in-game, he's no longer trying to impress anyone or feel he has to prove himself as much, which does some good for an introvert like himself. He leads quite a careless 'life' and as long as no one figures out who is, he's content living out his childish fantasies and indulging in small things like laziness every now and again. After all, slacking off in the gaming world doesn't have as major consequences as it would in the real world, does it? Random fact: he has a secret addiction to Twizzlers.

Background :: Joshua grew up in quite the prestigious home. His father was considered the prodigy of his time and flew through high school, medical school, and was on the fast track of becoming a surgeon while his mother was still an intern at a law firm. Josh never bothered to ask how they had managed to meet nor does he find that particular detail relevant. He has one older brother who is twenty four and is a junior in college and a younger brother who is a freshman in high school. When he was younger, the twenty-one-year-old had a best friend who he used to be home schooled. They weren't able to meet all that often but when their schedules lined up they took advantage of the opportunity.

Of course, all that changed when Darcy's father died. She went to live with her mother which landed them in the same public school. Unfortunately, the Darcy he knew and the Darcy he was going to school with were two different people entirely. Their friendship dissolved into bitter rivalry. At the same time, the rivalry was welcomed as his parents began pushing him to do his complete and utter best in his academics. Focusing most of his time and energy on beating Darcy not only kept his grades up and allow him to exceed standards, but also kept his head above water as he adjusted to the kind of life style his parents expected of him. His younger brother also helped him out a lot, being the smart kid that he is. His older brother on the other hand, sees him as nothing more than a poser who can't get by in life unless he has someone there to use.

~~Game character info~~
[drop][/drop][drop]
b04aeb642b4be08235c12451ebc0cd94.jpg
[/drop]
Name ::
The Slothian of Phrixus
Role :: Thief

Inclination :: Defense
Level :: 4
Skills :: Offense 2, Defense 4, Speed 6, Health 3
Evade level 3
- Simply put, the higher the skill level, the faster one can dodge an attack and the more effective their strategic withdraw.
Agility level 2- The higher the skill level, the more limber one's body may become.
Sleight of Hand level 2- The higher the skill level, the faster one can draw their weapons and pickpocket a chosen victim.
Tracking level 4- The higher the skill level, the more effectively one can track down an animal or navigate their way through biomes. A higher skill level also tends to mean a better sense of direction and lowers one's chances of becoming lost.
Scavenging level 3- The higher the skill level, the less likely one is to come across a poisonous berry and eat it, thus suffering from ill effect. One can also use this skill to heighten their chances of finding fallen objects.

Weapon of choice :: A dagger or short sword; something light and easy to conceal.

[/bg]

Last edited:
I'm definitely okay with playing multi-characters. :)

Saryta, I have a question..
If we are going to be given mentors at the start of the game, then do we have to make our past in the game, or will you provide us with the past in game?
Since there are mentors and NPC (non-player characters) who must have interacted with our characters, how will we make our character's past in game?

I'm really looking forward to Angel of Phrixus rp! :))

I'm definitely okay with playing multi-characters. :)

Saryta, I have a question..
If we are going to be given mentors at the start of the game, then do we have to make our past in the game, or will you provide us with the past in game?
Since there are mentors and NPC (non-player characters) who must have interacted with our characters, how will we make our character's past in game?

I'm really looking forward to Angel of Phrixus rp! :))

It'll be a mix of a few things. One, I made the assumption that most of the characters currently accepted have yet to die in the game -- this is truly their first time. That just makes things easier. If anyone wants to change this, message me and we'll discuss it. There will be plenty of times that your character will die within the game, regardless.

That said, accounting for the player's first time, the past is a lot easier to deal with, and I will, for the most part, decide that for you guys. Before writing the starting post, I will be messaging all of you to have a discussion about that.

And, by the way, because this roleplay is functioning off of irony, what would normally be considered an NPC will not be. In that, I mean we will be playing characters who are not gamers, characters who are actually part of Phrixus, in addition to our gaming characters. That discussion will be coming soon. ^^

So I was reading in your profile about the leveling system and the reason I had her at level one with higher stats is because she would do Zero enemy fighting which is what I thought would level up the character. However now knowing that stats raise level as well I will probably have to raise her overall level so that the skills make sense. Would level three be okay? Also would you like me to lower the other skills a bit to compensate for this?

So I was reading in your profile about the leveling system and the reason I had her at level one with higher stats is because she would do Zero enemy fighting which is what I thought would level up the character. However now knowing that stats raise level as well I will probably have to raise her overall level so that the skills make sense. Would level three be okay? Also would you like me to lower the other skills a bit to compensate for this?

Actually, level three would be great. (: And don't worry about lowering the skill levels; with that explanation, they're good as they are. ^^

We should implement a die system :D

Are you referring to SAO and if you die in the game, you die in real life?

No silly xD Die as in Dice :D We should incorporate the dice!

I still haven't figured that out yet... ^^"

Before I comment, do you have any ideas for it? Since you're the one who suggested it.

Also, I suppose I should formally accept your character. XD

*clears throat*

Your character submission has been accepted, Exprimere.

:D

On that reply you just wrote, look for the 'more options' button. It only appears on replies you already sent. Then bam! Dice :D There's also another option but I haven't figure that out ^^'

Of course I have ideas! Otherwise my name isn't Noctis >:{D Basically, We could use it in mainly fights to decide whether or not attack hits or miss and even to determine how powerful the attack is!

Yay :D Thank you Evelynn ^^

That's what I was thinking, but I thought about it and realized its more complicated than that. Evasion depends on both the enemy and the player as does damage... It might be an interesting tool to utilize to create unpredictable events in major scenes, though.

That was another thought I had! I actually used that in previous rp on here awhile go :)

Okay, so I just realized something. If my guy is a thief and starts off with base stats of Offense 2, Defense 4, Speed 6, Health 3, that would mean his starts are now Offense 5.75, Defense 10, Speed 9.75, and Health 6.75 right? Or Offense 7, Defense 10, Speed 11, Health 6.75 if starting from level zero.

Okay, so I just realized something. If my guy is a thief and starts off with base stats of Offense 2, Defense 4, Speed 6, Health 3, that would mean his starts are now Offense 5.75, Defense 10, Speed 9.75, and Health 6.75 right? Or Offense 7, Defense 10, Speed 11, Health 6.75 if starting from level zero.

Don't worry about the stats; I'm going to compute all of them later.

And how's this dying thing going to work o.0 Won't people become suspicious of people the know die and then come back not remembering them? Sorry, got lots of questions ^^'

And how's this dying thing going to work o.0 Won't people become suspicious of people the know die and then come back not remembering them? Sorry, got lots of questions ^^'

No, questions are great. This was one I'm going to address later in more detail.

Essentially, the government is a lot more powerful than people are aware of, and they learned a lot from Phrixus before they began exploiting it to the public... One of the useful skills they gathered was memory manipulation. They're in everybody's head.

So, when a player dies, his memory is tampered with but so are the memories of those around him in real life -- they too believe that he's never played the game before.

Recognition within the game is not a problem. If you recall, the players are inhabiting dead bodies (for the most part), and when a player dies in the game, it's due to the body they're inhabiting becoming so mutilated that the game mechanics cannot repair it. So, when they come back, they have a different body completely.

I figured as much, but doesn't that mean we're going to have to constantly find new appearance for our characters? And if most if not all of us are going to start off with our character's first time playing the game, why are there levels in the skeletons? Are the levels determined by the dead people our characters are unknowingly inhabiting?

Status
Not open for further replies.