Angel of Phrixus: OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Saryta
Sorry if you already took care of this, but did you see Kortaga's CS up above? (I was just asking since you didn't say anything about it here in the OOC)

Oh, damn, sorry about that, Kortaga. I didn't forget about you, I promise; I saw it earlier and meant to say something... and then proceeded to get distracted. -.-" Anyway, I can't accept you right away -- I have a question: how can your character be a level 1 and yet have a level 10 cooking skill? Even the other skills are at levels 4 and 5, and those are a bit high as well. Maybe bring the girl's overall level up to... 4 and bring the cooking down to 6 or 7?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ione Fantastic. (: It looks good; I'll go ahead and put it on the accepted list. However, can you take a look at your character's Hiding level for me and perhaps lower it to five or so? It seems a little high.

Storm of Angels I just noticed that your never listed a level for you character. Could you put one? Thanks. ^^

Actually.. the reason I made the Hiding level so high is that while not training for other skills, I thought that she was training for the Hiding only....
So while other sills are comparably low (Taming or Trap are only Lv. 2), Hiding was a bit high..
If it's okay, I would like to keep the level at 7 or 6.... Is it okay? :))

Actually.. the reason I made the Hiding level so high is that while not training for other skills, I thought that she was training for the Hiding only....
So while other sills are comparably low (Taming or Trap are only Lv. 2), Hiding was a bit high..
If it's okay, I would like to keep the level at 7 or 6.... Is it okay? :))

Oh okay, I gotcha. That works then (:

INFORMATION ABOUT PHRIXUS :: Regions and cities
Overall

Phrixus is very much like Earth due to the idea behind the game (and it's actual nature); because the Nether is a parallel universe to Phrixus and the Nether is Earth, Phrixus has to seem much like Earth. There are multiple continents, there are large spans of ocean, there are mountains, deserts, volcanoes, forests, islands, tundra... Whatever you can imagine on Earth, it's probably there, one way or another. Of course, because the world is being seen through an augmented sight, certain things are exaggerated or underrated.

The regions

Exorsas: The Starter

Exorsas is the region where all players begin their journey in Phrixus, and as such, it's got a taste of most aspects of the game and is not very specialized.

Cities of Interest

Evinon: The beginning

This is the city the player begins in. It's a mixing pot of peoples and cultures, giving the player a quick taste of the entire world, and it's a very... sprawling city -- the only city in the game that beats it is Arai. Traders and knights and thieves come and go daily; at least half the population leaves and another set of people come in to fill their vacated spots daily. Those who are permanent residents, as a result, are very prosperous.

This city is full of opportunity -- literally, it is everywhere -- but very few players take advantage of this fact; they have other matters in their heads, like trying to understand the game (you have to remember that every player is absolutely convinced that this is their first time playing it). Some -- very few, actually -- come back to the city to ferret out its secrets, and usually, they are rewarded quite well.

The game will guide you to a tradesmen or person who is temporarily in town for you to learn from and/or travel with -- these people are all actual people in Phrixus who truly are the expert in their field, more of an expert than any player could ever be. As such, most players do not have the same person as another as their mentor, and the game also makes special care to insure that your mentor -- or anyone else you encounter -- previously knew the person who inhabited your body before it became yours.

Lockor: The river

Lockor is the city where players obtain the first few levels; it is here that players really begin to understand game mechanics, and as long as they're within a certain distance of this town, the game won't let players die.

The Lockor River borders this town and leads to Arai, but between the players and the coastal city is the Lockor Forest... Here, characters can die, and the level of the creatures within is rumored to be unspeakably high. Many groups have gone into the forest, but they die before they can report; as such, their findings have never been reported, though players worldwide are aware of the forest's misgivings.

Lockor is a small city, consisting of only a few inns, a stable, residential areas, a marketplace, small businesses, and fields. Due to this, the possible skills you can learn here are rather limited, but they're also easier to discover and easier to learn because the people are more willing to teach.

Sharn: The mountains

This sprawling town rivals Evinon, both in possibility and size, but it doesn't really seem like it. You see, Sharn has two sides to it -- above ground and below ground. The former refers to the side that beginners always see, which consists of shabby huts and drinking establishments, for the most part. This is not to say that players cannot find anything here -- there are possibilities everywhere; one just has to see them. However, most players just pass through and continue to Arai.

Sharn is filled with assassins; that much is known. Rumor speaks of passageways within the mountains, none of which have been found, and rumor speaks of players being taken into their ranks; like most rumors, there are no players to speak for them. It is true, the assassins are always looking for players to welcome into their ranks, but the game changes drastically; suddenly, it vanishes and becomes very real.

Below ground resides one of the final levels of the game, but nothing so much as a theory about the underground network has emerged on the net -- its one of the unobtainables.

Arai: The Coast

This is the last city most players will visit within Exsoras -- transport to the next region can be found here -- and there is a reason for this. The city is highly specialized when it comes to thievery because of the overwhelming pirate population, and players don't have a choice but to fend for themselves here. Nearly no one passes through this town without some sort of incident.

Arai is one of the oldest cities in Phrixus and one of the shadiest, and among all the chaos, true treasures can be found -- old texts, heaps of gold, artifacts, anything anyone could dream of is probably somewhere in the city; the problem is finding it... and not many have been. It's rumored that the key to getting to the King is somewhere in the city.

INFORMATION ABOUT PHRIXUS :: ZEPHYRS
Zephyrs come in many different forms, but the following are the general classifications.

Animalistic
Corius :: Think feral bunnies and dogs. These are the lowest tier of Zephyr, and they're not the most intelligent of them. Most players disregard them, but they're an easy way to gain experience points early on in the game and a much needed part, considering that difference between the Corius and the Caedus is quite large.

Caedus :: The Caedus are extremely mutated and augmented versions of the Corius. That feral dog we talked about earlier? Yeah, he's smarter now, he's faster, he's stronger, and he's bigger. Maybe even standing on his hind legs and running after you like a werewolf.

Ghostly demons
Exos :: The Exos are essentially dark blobs of ominous energy... Ominous energy that passes through walls, chases after you, and attacks by suffocating you. How do you fight them? Well, they're semi-solid dark blobs of energy, so you can harm them. They're fairly oblivious, too, lacking spacial orientation, so it's not particularly difficult to cause them harm. The problem lies in their speed.

Mutil :: These are the far more intelligent versions of the Exos. They have exceptional control over their forms, and while they're just as
vulnerable as their counterpart, they're far more aware. They can resemble human forms, and because they possess a great amount of psychic power, they can create illusions to further their appearance. Often times, they will turn into players and kill unsuspecting others.

You don't wanna mess with these
Anguis :: The Anguis take on the form of a dragon in this world and are rarely seen; those that have been seen all behave differently and all possess varying abilities. There are a few constants, though. One: they look like a dragon. Two: they're extremely intelligent. Three: they don't like being bothered. Four: they'll eat anything that moves.

Zara :: Highest caliber; has yet to be seen

So, I suppose I've got some bases to cover with you guys with regard to the actual roleplay.

One, I'll be doing some... master posting. Essentially, I'll be setting the scene for you guys. Considering this is a relatively vast world, and there will likely be much going on. Some of the master posts will consist of:
  • Guilds and guild leaders
  • Major events
  • Player stats
This is so I can cue various key events... Once a day ends or a major event arc ends, I will most likely call a stop to the roleplay so I can do another master post to get everything going again. Basically, I'll be posting for the game. If that makes sense.

With regard to guilds, I'll be setting up some and letting you know what they are -- there will be four, at least to start, considering all of these players are new.

Also, I wanted to throw something out to y'all -- how comfortable are you with playing multiple characters? Don't start filling out character sheets yet, either; I'd like to post mine first. This is for two reasons: one, I'd like you guys to see them so you might get ideas for other characters, and two, I need to evaluate just what types of characters are needed. That'll be done sometime soon.

Hopefully some time soon (yes, I know I've got a list going), I'll have a master list of skills posted as well as their locations within the starter region.

Finally, I can guarantee with near certainty that the starting post will not be up on Monday... I'm really sorry for the wait, you guys, but there's a lot of things that need to get ironed out before I'll feel comfortable starting.

Benjamin Cessina

Appearance:

oFIUo2kdiEmqPCBoMB--l4tkNS8R5_7HnovdC561IhMlfwoY09vQLJKy3Cf51_xZVs1LgB9R0CMZg60tjT2klgv57VPjAfQrARMhRxUNQvPsENXAAluMZ63cTQ

Personality: Because of his circumstances, Ben has withdrawn from the outside world. Viewing it through a very pessimistic lens. He has a sharp tongue, and hates being pitied. In-game, he is overly cheerful and energetic. As well as impulsive and reckless, loving the feeling of actually being able to move the way he wants to. However, his true personality seeps through every so often, especially when he is reminded that Angel of Phrixis is only a game.

Background: Ben was born prematurely, and had several health complications as an infant. As a result he has been bed-ridden and house-bound for most of his life, leaving only for hospital check-ups. His parents hired a tutor to keep Ben up-to-snuff in his education, which Ben dutifully does, but only to get the tutor out of the house as fast as possible. His body is weak physically, and he spends a lot of time hooked up to IVs. Ben started playing MMOs in an attempt to escape from his circumstances, becoming an avid player and leading several guilds in other games. He enjoys virtual reality because he is no longer limited by his frail body while online. And since he spends most of his day in bed, Ben can spend it immersed in these virtual worlds. He has been playing Angel of Phrixis non-stop since he bought it, and his character has reached level 9.

Game Character Info

Name: Liam van Alkema

Role: Knight

Pic:
xa4e6nbPfwCLQA4jy8AkCwLfPIVotlaJNMule55bDVNYL9kItr_hHkVn7Lb7YJ0P8n_Equ7DI7nVieLPayPFNEicD9Ho-nYqwbOn1OtD7XcuoJn600Qb_EFAZA

Inclination: Speed

Level: 9

Skills:

Swordsmanship Lv. 8 - The character has become well-versed in the use of and skills associated with blades. Accuracy Up, Damage Up (or maybe simply Offense Up?)

Parry Lv. 6 - The character has a chance of redirecting an enemy attack, negating damage.

Medium Armor Proficiency Lv. 8 - The character has become used to the weight and restrictions surrounding medium armor and how to use it most effectively. Medium armor doesn't reduce speed. Defense Up.

Combat Finesse Lv. 4 - The character has become graceful and dextrous on the battlefield. Evasion Up. Parry Up.

Refining Lv. 6- The character can create higher-grade crafting materials from lower-quality ones

Smithing Lv. 4 - The character can create and repair weapons and medium to heavy tier armor provided with the right materials

Weapon: Rapier: Gains bonus damage from speed. Ability: Riposte: The next attack with this weapon after a successful Parry deals increased damage.

Stats:

Base

Offense: 5 Defense: 5 Speed: 1 Health: 3

Inclination Bonus to Speed

Off: 5 Def: 5 Spd: 7 Hlth: 3

Lv. 9

Off: 13 Def: 13 Spd: 17 Hlth: 11

--------------------------Notes------------------------

His weapon was crafted by himself, and thus came with an ability attached to it. I added this mainly because I wanted to somehow emulate actual fencing technique within the system. If I have overstepped my bounds, I will accept whatever changes are necessary.

The high ranking on the Swordsmanship and Armor Proficiency are due to my thinking that these skills level as long as the required gear is equipped. Since Liam is a level 9 character who has only ever used swords and medium armor, I reasoned that they would be on the higher end of the scale.

Parry isn't as high due to the fact that I figured the skill could only be learned with certain weapons equipped (e.g. rapier, epee, an off-hand parrying weapon) Liam wouldn't have had access to such a weapon at the start of the game and therefore the skill didn't start leveling until he obtained such a weapon.

Refining is higher than Smithing because in MMOs with crafting, the refining process of low-grade materials into high-grade materials is done more often than actually crafting the item. A lot of material goes into crafting, so refining would be gaining more experience.

Assuming that we'll get a +1 to each attribute (+1.25 for Inclined Attribute) per level up I calculated those already. If stat increases are going to be handled differently I can remove that as well.

----------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the wait. Again if anything needs tweaking, let me know and I'll adjust it. I'm looking forward to this!

Liam Even if I had problems with your character, I couldn't really protest them because everything is logical. It's slightly unsettling to have him only be at age 12 -- one, this plot is going to span both reality and Phrixus, and two, Phrixus is a rather dark world once you really get into it... But, unsettling is okay. I'm looking forward to seeing how Liam develops.

As for stats, you're just ahead of the ball. XD I was going to compute all of those once the roleplay actually began. There will be hidden stat gains for having certain skills, just as you addressed. Keep your character's stats posted as they are, but once the roleplay begins and I post the master list of skills and player stats, could you take it off of your character sheet in order to reduce confusion? Because character stats will be changing throughout the game.

Saryta
Take your time with the rp! You've got a lot going into this (which is awesome) so I'd rather you post when you're all prepared than post right away without having everything ironed out.

As for your multi-character question, I'm fine with playing other characters if you need more.

By the way, In your opinion, should be be preparing in case our characters die and we need to start at level 1 again? Also, when we 'rebirth' are our characters going to keep their class and inclination? (if these questions will be answered later, then you can tell me to go sit in a corner and wait)

Saryta
Take your time with the rp! You've got a lot going into this (which is awesome) so I'd rather you post when you're all prepared than post right away without having everything ironed out.

As for your multi-character question, I'm fine with playing other characters if you need more.

By the way, In your opinion, should be be preparing in case our characters die and we need to start at level 1 again? Also, when we 'rebirth' are our characters going to keep their class and inclination? (if these questions will be answered later, then you can tell me to go sit in a corner and wait)

No, they're great questions. (:

Yes, you probably should prepare for that -- it's going to be an interesting plot point later on.

With regard to class and inclination, that depends on your character's personality. Many have picked ones that work with their personalities, so odds are, when they restart, they will most likely make the same choice again because it will be their first time all over again. For the most part, the game doesn't choose for the gamer -- though there are some circumstances where it does -- so it's mostly up to the player.

Muwaha! Good thing I have a plethora of spear-wielding females in mind! Thanks!

Name :: Eric Bradman
Appearance ::
Anime_guy_2_by_jacob88.jpg

Personality :: Eric is a pretty chill guy who is easily smiling and generally views life in a good way. He has a quick mouth and an even quicker wit and often plays crude jokes on those he considers friends. In game, however, he is somewhat different, always being the champion to charge ahead and take everything so that others can survive and take down the boss/monster

Background :: Ever since he was a kid, Eric has had a game console in his hand, mainly due to the fact his father was a CEO of a major gaming company and usually gave him consoles and games to test out. As he grew older he became popular in the gaming and blogging world as he had a successful blog on his gaming experiences and a very well known gaming profile by constantly going to conventions and tournaments throughout the world - and winning a lot of them. He heard about Phryxus but stayed away from it from fear of it being generic but tried it out eventually after his close friend pushed him into it.

~~Game character info~~
Name ::
Thorren Ysgrador
Role :: Knight

Inclination ::
Defence
Level :: 8
Skills ::
swordsmanship: 7
Cooking: 2
Smithing: 3
Heavy armour proficiency: 6
Blocking: 8

Weapon of choice ::
Longsword

Appearance ::
knight.jpg

Torack *waves* Hello, stranger; nice to have you here. :D Just a note: the name of the world the game takes place in is Phrixus not Phryxus. ^^ I'm not majorly picky about spelling except when it comes to names. Regardless, your character is accepted.

So, I think if we get one more player, I'll close signups... How does that sound to you guys? We're starting to get a hefty list going... Actually, I might just close it now. Thoughts?

@Saryta
Actually, if it's alright with you and everyone, I know an rper named Toreth (not Torack) who might be interested. I just asked him if he was going to join or not, so maybe we could let him be the last? I'll let you know as soon as he tells me his answer!

Howdy! My bad! ^^; it just looked like one of those words that would have a y in there somewhere, ya know?

Xylime, That'd be fine. (: If he joins, then, I'll probably close it unless someone makes a special request. ^^

Torack Tis fine; I just wanted to point it out to you. Though, funny story, I think I almost did do it with a 'y' and then I decided it looked too... much. if that makes any sort of sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.