Angel and Leandra

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The only way they're going to win is if I get killed." Archaeo countered her little speech with a cold voice. "I was planning on stopping him before he let the whole pack of rats know where to find me, but so much for that one." His eyes were narrowed, his contempt for the situation gleaming brightly in the dark depths. "Go ahead and call it in. I'll be sitting and twiddling my thumbs away from any windows." His voice was still colder than most winters, but he allowed himself to lower to a seated position with his back against the wall and his gun in hand.

Knowing he was right, Faith sighs. Grabbing more sleeves with bullets in them. "Alright. Let's go. He couldn't have gotten far." Unlocking the door she looks to the pitch blackness of the night. "Dang this rain is killing me. But I think its best to try and find this moron." She walks over and gets her thigh holster for her gun. "Better grab this one too. As she also buckles on her knife to her other thigh. She darts out in her shorts and tank top, into the rain. Holstering her gun, she looks back at him, while standing in the rain. "Arch, you coming? Or you afraid to get wet?" She laughs, running down her driveway. Whenever he walked out the door, her house would be alarmed.

Archaeo shoved on his black steel toed boots, slipped his gun under his belt, and hurried after her. "Rain doesn't bother me. Snow, on the other hand... Not my favorite." He spoke calmly, his sharp gaze tearing through the darkness of the rainy night as he stepped out into the rain. "Check the cars first. Anyone have an extra car in their driveway?" He spoke quietly, not able to see through the dark tinted windows of some of the cars.

Faith stops for a moment as she looks around. "I can't say that there is a extra car." Suddly bright headlights come towards them, heading up into her yard, straight for Archaeo. "Arch! Watch out!" Faith grabs him, pulling him back. Only to have him land on her. "Ow!" Her head has hit the ground and she lies there in the rain. "Well maybe we should have just waited like we did." Laughs. "I like mud baths and all, but this takes the cake right here." Faith was glad he was alright. Oddly to her, no gun shots were fired. "Expect the unexpected. Marvelous!"

Archaeo heard the car start up much sooner than he realized that the lunatic behind the wheel was actually planning on trying to squish him. He'd already gotten out his gun, ready to shoot before he got shot, but no. Instead Faith hauled his sorry ass out of the way of the car that probably would have hit him. "Bloody hell... I'm getting too used to people trying to shoot me..." He muttered softly to himself as he stood up. Mud clung to his jeans and shirt, and was smeared on his face. He watched as the car sped off down the street, out of range of his revolver, and disappeared around the corner. A chill raked through him. He was all too aware of the mud and grossness that clung to him, and he was not happy about it. Not one bit. He didn't understand what was so funny about nearly getting run down, but he knew that he owed her big time now. Life for a life, and all that chivalry stuff that he never quite agreed with but often followed anyways.

Getting to her feet, she says some letters and numbers out loud. "CYO 257." Faith repeats them over and over again. "I best write this down, so I can look it up." She had seen the license plate number as it went by. Since the guy got stuck in the mud for a moment. Glancing back to Archaeo. "Man relax. The way you act and the reek of anger and being paranoid is going to get you killed. Take it from me. I served time in the Armed Forces. Not having your head on right and being aware of you surroundings, is a sure fire way to become six feet under." Seeing as the car was gone and the weather only got worst, Faith sighs. "I was so looking forward to this. But I need to know everything Arch. I want to know who and what I am going up against." Walking back into her house. "Damnit? Freaking mud every where!" Faith heads to get a shower.

Archaeo went cold and silent upon hearing her give her little speech on not letting paranoia and anger get to him. He knew that all too well, but what had him going now was the fact that she just now wanted to hear his long list of enemies. He watched as she went off to take a shower. He took off his shoes and beat the mud off them, then removed his soaked, muddy shirt. Without his shirt, the gauze pad covering where he'd been grazed by a bullet stood out on him. He grabbed a pair of sleeping clothes from his room and waited for the shower to open up.

After about 15 minutes, Faith was out of the shower. Walking out of the bathroom in nothing but a towel wrapped around her body. She happen to see where the gauze pad was. "Hey. When you get out. I will tend to that. Best me safe then sorry. Soap could infect it. So when you hey out. I will clean it up." Smiling to him softly and kindly. Faith was just a all around, laid back and easy going gal. She tried not to take life and events to seriously. But knew his situation was very serious. Faith, just wasn't a fan of his forever serious face. She started to wonder if the man ever smiled, or had ever been happy in his whole life. In time, she would surely find out. But for now, she would give him his space. Some people liked to be left alone. Faith figured he was one of those type.

Archaeo didn't argue with her about cleaning the wound on his shoulder. He did have some common sense, not to mention the fact that he was too tired to argue. The soap and water stung when they hit the wound, causing him to get out of the shower much quicker that usual. He dried himself off and put on his pajama bottoms. His hair was a bit messier than usual, and still damp despite his best efforts at towel drying it. He was a toned man, not especially buff, but definitely sporting some muscle. He neatly hung the towel on the towel rack, picked up and sloppily folded his soaking wet clothes and set them in the laundry pile in his room, and headed out into the living room where he assumed Faith would be waiting. He held a clean white shirt in his hand. "I'm not going through your drawers. Who knows what could be hiding in there." He attempted a little joke, though he really wasn't all that much of a joker. The slight smirk he wore disappeared almost as quickly as it had appeared, his typical expression once again appearing.

Faith laughed anyways. His joke and his accent made it ccute and funny. "Oh. Ha! Ha! Funny man, you got jokes." She shakes her head. Faith was in the living room as he thought she would be. Everything was laid out on the coffee table. Once he got seated, she sat close to him. "From the look of your skin..." She touches the red irritated skin softly with aloe on her finger. "...you've had a reaction to the tape. So the gauze won't be going back on." Faith actually had a wound sealant for small wounds. She had gotten it from a friend, since she would always have cuts on her face, from the men at work rough housing with her during training. Archeao would see one right below her left eye. Faith made sure to be easy and not cause no pain. After about fifteen minutes, she was done. "There you go Arch. Just try and leave your shirt off for about a hour, give everything a chance to dry." Faith rubbed her head for a moment. "I have stuff for pain as well, only if you need it. I just make sure to have any and everything I can." Standing up, she falls back down on the couch, as she holds her head. "I guess the lack of sleep as caught up with me. Fabulous!" Looks to him and just smiles as she can't help but laugh from his joke earlier.

Archaeo was a bit surprised when she laughed at his joke. It wasn't all that funny, in his opinion at least. The aloe was cold to the touch and goosebumps appeared across his skin. He was quiet, staring off at nothing in particular, on the verge of dozing off. Then Faith finished. "No, I can manage without medication." His eyes seemed to be a light blue-green color in this light, and sparked with concern upon her attempt to stand. "Are you sure you're alright?" He remembered her hitting her head in the process of saving him, and he really didn't want to be responsible for any injuries.

Shakes her head. "No. I don't think I am. But I will just sleep on the couch tonight. I feel the less I move, the better." Smiling to him as she curls up on the couch. "Well goodnight Arch. Try and get some sleep. We both need it." She looks to his wound. "Take care of that too. If it needs redoing, let me know and I will fix it up." She laughs softly again at his joke. Faith thought it was funny cause it was a dry joke and it seemed forced.

Archaeo frowned at her answer, feeling torn between leaving her and heading to his own bed. He got a grip on his emotions once again, mentally scolding himself for allowing his emotions to get the better of him. He stood up and headed off towards his room. "Give me a shout if you need anything." He called over his shoulder before he disappeared into his room and collapsed face-first onto the bed. His gun was underneath his pillow, and he knew that he would have to learn how to keep his emotions hidden despite his tiredness.

Faith had fallen asleep fast. She woke up several times in a sweat from a dream. Then would fall back to sleep. Faith was in a very deep sleep. Arch could have had a party with a band and she wouldn't have woken up. Faith finally woke up at 5pm. "Oh wow! It's 5pm. I slepted my day away." She laughs. Her head was pounding, so she got a pain killer and sighs softly. 'Hope Arch is alright as well as his wound.' Faith wasn't really aimed for getting up at the moment.

Archaeo really didn't get much sleep due to the worry that plagued him. Eventually he gave up on the concept of sleep- around four in the morning if you really had to know. He ignored the stiffness he felt in his shoulder and began cleaning his gun. He attempted to fall back asleep now that his gun was clean and under his pillow, but the little voice in the back of his head constantly kept him awake. This is my own damn fault. Yes it is. What are you going to do about it? Disappear? You've already tried that, and see where it got you? You've only managed to put an innocent woman in harm's way. And if I always listened to you, I would have been put in a coffin years ago, along with just about everyone we've ever been in contact with. And you'd be right down there with me, so just silence yourself now.
Archaeo pushed himself up from the bed and headed towards the kitchen. He needed a cup of tea to settle his nerves. He found a kettle and filled it with water, and put it on the back burner. He went back to his room and picked up a deck of cards from his bag. He quickly set up a game of solitaire and began playing it at the kitchen table.

Last edited:
"No...no...no! Don't touch me! I am warning you, I will tazer your ass right now! Perry!" Faith had this dream once in awhile. A guy from a upper town police force had tried to force himself on her. During their training camp. Faith managed to tazer his ass, long enough for her to kick him in his family jewels as some men would say. After thirty minutes of fighting her dream and body. She finally woke up. Sweat was dripping down Faith's face, as if she had ran a race. "Shoot.. I have not had that dream in a few days now. But I guess I was due." Faith sighs as she tries to fool back to sleep. She wasn't a early bird if she didn't have to be.

Archaeo had spent most of his day playing solitaire and studiously ignoring the little voice in the back of his head. He'd gone through at least three cups of tea in the process, but he couldn't bring himself to not worry about Faith, who hadn't moved from the couch. At around five in the afternoon, his butt had pretty much fallen asleep in the chair, and he was getting bored with building card houses- he'd eventually given up with solitaire. He stood up and ventured out to the living room, just in time to see Faith have a nightmare. She struggled in her sleep, sweat slipping down her face. He frowned softly and went back to the kitchen, deciding that he shouldn't have seen her in so much distress. He began to cook up and egg and cheese omelette for her, as there wasn't any meat that wasn't frozen. He plated it, poured a glass of milk for her, and brought it out to the living room for her. He set it down on the coffee table, and went back to the kitchen to work on his own dinner.

Having finally woken up in a fast jolt as she sat up. "Holy hell! What in God's name was that crap?" Faith hadn't noticed that he was in the kitchen. "I mean really. That was forever ago!" Faith just tossed off the covers as she looks down and sees the omelette and milk. She looks to see Archaeo in the kitchen. "Oh. Sorry." Being very hungry for some strange reason. Taking the plate she takes a bite of the egg. "Oh wow! Arch, did you make this? This omelette is awesome! And I am not a fan of eggs." But Faith had no issues woofing the egg down. "Would it be to behoove of me, to ask for another one?" Faith has gotten up with her plate in hand, as she sat up on one of her barstools. Faith had really become to like him. He was a great guy. A bit stand offish and had a wall up, but other then that, a great guy.

Archaeo jumped slightly at her sudden outburst, and glanced over his shoulder at her from where he stood at the stove. What could have drawn out that kind of reaction? Clearly nothing good, dumbass. "I'm glad that you liked it. I was a bit worried you only liked Chinese food." A slight smirk crossed his face. He flipped the omelette in the frying pan a couple more times before he went to her plate and slid the omelette onto it. He began to make himself one.

Faith smiles to him brightly. "Thank you Arch." She cut and began to eat at the cheesiness. She was surprised that he hasn't said nothing about her calling him Arch. "Nah. No worries. Just some crazy dream that replays in my head now and again. Some dumbass during boot camp tried to have his way with me. " Faith stops to eat and drink her milk. "And the irony if it all, the bastard is working in the same station as me. But the beauty of it all. His sorry ass has to listen to me." She laughs. Then she stops as she becomes quiet, eating her food.

Status
Not open for further replies.