Anemone amaryllis, arbutus

Discussion in 'ONE ON ONES IN CHARACTER' started by Laivindur, Feb 11, 2015.

• Roleplay between @dragonesper and I where we explore the trials and tribulations between our respective characters; Heather and Donnie, a
      teacher/student relationship we suddenly found crossing our minds in a roleplay discussion.

:loveseat:

:downcat:

:apple:

Me, Laivindur, would like to receive feedback from readers in PM(conversation) about what you think about the roleplay or my character. I'm also open to receive questions. It makes me happy when people enjoy what I write, be it my character, way of describing, or story telling, however, don't be afraid to give me constructive critique about grammar or things alike; English is not my main language.
      You may also just let me know what you think in general. I would like to know people's thoughts and opinion on my character and the plot as I seek to expand my writing, and make it most comfortable for the reader, but to do that I need feedback, so yeah. :)

"Your age doesn't define your capability, your grades don't define your intellect, and rumors don't define who you are."

Donnie Fallagher

Faceclaim: Actor Lee Pace

Birthday: 05th November
      Hair: Stiff dark brown
      Eyes: Dark brown
      Height: 170 cm
      Extra: Dyslexia, dyslectic link 2.
      Theme song: The Offspring - Teenage dirtbag. You're gonna go far, kid. And Ellie Golding - love me like you do.

Appearance: Edgy, proud, challenging, charming, kind, vulnerable, insecure.
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This unfortunate teen is a spitting image of his true father, Michael DeSalvo, who’s in prison for aggravated assault, car theft, drug dealing and robbery. Donnie doesn’t know he’s easily on his way to become like his father in his chaotic dealing of life's hardships. The teen ends up rather often in trouble as he can't stand authorities, and deals with the trouble at home in all but good ways- that is until he started falling in love with Heather, his English teacher.

The man he's been growing up to believe as his father is a blonde proper and strict man named Peter, his mother’s husband who has promised to keep Michael's existence away from Donnie. It's tempting for the bitter man to dislodge Donnie from his care sometimes, and tell him he'll end up just like his gangster father, but the love he has for Lillian, and a certain wish to make a decent man out of Donnie, keeps him trying. Unfortunately the boy has grown too defiant against the equally stubborn adult, and the teen suffers under domestic neglect and violence.

They live in a nice house taken care of mostly by Lillian, the loving but ignorant mother of Donnie, who had the hard choice of either marrying a decent respected man, Peter, instead of waiting for her true love, who spends most of his life in prison or on the run. Lillian had no choice, pregnant and miserable, she accepted Peter's comfort, and strives to keep her family happy and together.

The only way Lillian neglects her son is by ignoring his self destructive screams of attention. He rebels even further to break his mother's ignorance, but has only earned his own and Peter's frustration. The teen wonder if his father will ever lose his temper in front of Lillian instead of behind closed doors.

Through his last two years in high school, Donnie’s anger takes another direction when discovering love. Donnie's teacher Heather, who has a calming effect on the angry teen, seems to make a much more impact on him than anyone would ever believe.

~

Second protagonist:
      Heather Sheridan

Birthday: October 29th

Appearance: Long, brown hair held either loosely or in a ponytail, straight bangs, green eyes and have reading glasses she wears during class (starting from new years). Is 1.60 cm tall, skinny, between a B and a C-cup, subtle curves sadly enough hidden by loose and long sweaters.
      Clothing-style mainly comprises of jeans, singlets and over sized sweaters.

Personality: Friendly, but stern, encouraging, loves tidbits of knowledge, smokes when under stress, teasing, sure with herself. Habitually self-isolating and distanced from others underneath the friendliness.

Quirks and trivia: Is nervous around snakes, slightly peeved about her height, used to date the physics teacher (Sean Thomasson), knows a lot about the language of flowers, reads and writes, practices aikido. Her favorite genre of novels are crime novels, dislikes romance novels. She still keeps in touch with the one that changed her life. Listens to movie soundtracks as her music choice.

• Donnie Fallagher played by Laivindur
      Heather Sheridan played by @dragonesper

Both are game masters.

#1 Laivindur, Feb 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 29, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  1. On this rainy evening, Donnie, the seemingly dirtiest rebel on Juvena high, walked the streets wearing jeans and a black shirt over a black singlet. His brown hair poked defiantly upwards even though the drops fell hard against his head and shoulders. With his hands in pockets, he casually headed towards a party a few blocks away, which he of course had been given no invitation to, but that didn't stop him from wanting to check it out. However, he was about to give in for his self loathing and head to the basket ball court for comfort when he heard a meaw from the side of the side walk. It made him stop abruptly and stare at a grey kitten almost drowned in the puddle next to a sprinkled ditch. He blinked once before it came to him that the kitten would fall down through the deadly sprinkles if he didn't do something, and jerked so fast he fell on his knees, ending up holding the kitten upwards in his hands with elbows and half his face down in the puddle.

#2 Laivindur, Feb 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
    • Thank Thank x 1
  2. Heather Sheridan

Birthday: October 29th

Appearance: Long, brown hair held either loosely or in a ponytail, straight bangs, green eyes and have reading glasses she wears during class (starting from new years). Is 1.60 cm tall, skinny, between a B and a C-cup, subtle curves sadly enough hidden by loose and long sweaters.
    Clothing-style mainly comprises of jeans, singlets and over sized sweaters.

Personality: Friendly, but stern, encouraging, loves tidbits of knowledge, smokes when under stress, teasing, sure with herself. Habitually self-isolating and distanced from others underneath the friendliness.

Quirks and trivia: Is nervous around snakes, slightly peeved about her height, used to date the physics teacher (Sean Thomasson), knows a lot about the language of flowers, reads and writes, practices aikido. Her favorite genre of novels are crime novels, dislikes romance novels. She still keeps in touch with the one that changed her life. Listens to movie soundtracks as her music choice.

**^**^**^**

On her way back home from practice she was safely underneath the umbrella, her bag slung over her shoulder, when she heard the loud splash. Looking in the direction of the sound she saw that someone had fallen and did the first thing that came to her mind, rushing to help. "Are you okay?" Coming closer she saw the form of a teen or a young adult, it was hard to tell in the dark, holding something tiny, squirming, in his hands. Kneeling next to him she asked gently: "Do you need any help?"

#3 dragonesper, Feb 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
  3. Embarrassed by his doggy style position, Donnie quickly pulled himself up to sit back on his heels, scraping his elbows through the puddle to keep the kitten above water while doing so. With his shirt soaking wet, and his elbows dripping, the sharp looking teen placed his piercing brown eyes on the woman through the rain; "I'm fi- Sher- idan-" Donnie lifted his distinct brows surprised when seeing the only person in the world he mustered to be in the same room with for over twenty minutes, and averting his vulnerable eyes back at the kitten, who scratched the slender teen's hands when meawing hysterically like a new born baby, he said; "I saved this kitten from drowning in the gutter..." The brunet was totally ignoring his own wet and dirty state when staring perplexed at both kitten and woman above him. He wasn't quite sure what to do with the kitten other than holding it.

#4 Laivindur, Feb 11, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  4. She was surprised to see one of her more troublemaking students, Donnie Fallagher, out in the rain saving a kitten. The contrast between his behavior at school and this moment could've been hilarious, instead she just smiled, her green eyes speaking volumes of how glad she was. "That's great Mr. Fallagher, here, let me." Letting the umbrella lean on her shoulder she reached out her hands to take over the kitten.
    The August rain had made the evening dark, but still it was easy to see that she kept to her usual style of oversized sweaters and jeans, her hair was for once in a tight braid instead of loose or in a loose ponytail like she usually did during school. "I can bring it to a vet for you."

5. His wet face huffed awkwardly at her praise, then he placed the wet animal in her hands carefully so he was free to wipe the mud off of his face with the edge of his sleeve. Smiling at the failed attempt as his sleeves were muddy as well, he stood up to face her properly, and seeing how gently she cared for the gray ball of dirt, he smiled wryly and spoke worried; "Poor thing." Genuinely glad to see Miss Heather Sheridan, the fun and just English teacher, he grinned and asked; "Where have you been?"

#6 Laivindur, Feb 11, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  6. "At practice, a teacher do have a life beyond school," she joked lightly while carefully wrapping the soaked kitten in her sweater. It was still crying and she frowned worriedly at it's state. Schooling her expression she turned mildly stern. "You better get home, it's late and it's school on Monday, the reading assignment is due then after all."

7. Donnie smirked at her joke, but as quickly as her demeanor changed, his did too, though instead of serious care, he turned hostile. The defensive teen didn't like being reminded of his neglected home works this randomly in the middle of the streets; "You know I don't care..." then he decided to tilt his head into one of seductive teasing; "Come on, it's Saturday- You wanna join a party? A romantic walk to the vet at first..Maybe you can dress up as a veterinarian and we could find a dress up party somewhere? Does the teacher with a life beyond school have friends? With booze?" The smirk had charmingly weak dimples, and with the moving brows he gestured for the action he spoke of while placing his hands shyly in his pockets. However, his eyes were far from shy the way they pierced through ones soul, and waiting for her reaction, the boy would seem psychotic had he not been so open about his improper behavior.

8. The moment he started the 'seduction' Heather got annoyed, it was frustrating for her that she couldn't reach through to him like the other students, but the squirming lump reminded her of two things: The kitten needed a vet and the teen had actually saved the kitten. "I don't make it a hobby to drink with students, so if you so badly want a vet costume and a dress up party then you have to go on your own." She held up the kitten, "and my date is here so go along now Mr. Fallagher."

9. Donnie loved Heather's humor and grinned widely at her joke, then he put on a playful sad face before continuing on his seductive tease; "After you've dealt with that wet kitten...maybe you could take care of another wet minor." The teen struggled to keep back the grin when giving her an expectant look, then he noticed exactly how dirty his shirt was, and couldn't help himself when looking up at her mischievously; "I'm also quite dirty...Miss Sheridan." With that hanging in the air, and no matter how Heather took it; awkward, rude or hot, Donnie was wound up with expectations from the older woman.

10. Well, that one wasn't awkward, finding it better to let the joke pass her by she turned a bit more serious. "Better to go home and take a shower instead of loitering in the rain," with that she gave him her umbrella, "you can have this so you won't catch a cold." The umbrella was a plain, black umbrella, not something that could embarrass any teenager or adult alike.

• Thank Thank x 1
  11. The wound up enjoyment fell like a fast speeding sunset in the teen's face and he nodded timidly to let the woman know he respected her spite the rude gestures.
    Backing with hands in pockets when she offered away the umbrella, there was a hint of a declining polite smile, and backing further towards the basket ball field, he teased; "I was looking forward to share a shower with such a wonderful woman as yourself, but I understand we have to think about the little one...Bye, Sheri.." he said and gave the older woman an innocent grin before crossing the street.

12. At that she almost rolled her eyes but a small whimper made her think more about the shivering lump soaking up the warmth in the sweater. "Right, we better get you checked up." Looking around she finally remembered where the vet was and headed there.

After a thorough check up, a slightly expensive veterinary bill and a quick, last minute shopping for cat supplies at the pet store connected to the vet it had been agreed that she would foster the kitten until a home could be found. She didn't mind for that short duration, it was better that leaving it all alone in a cage, besides, she did have her own house.

Unlocking the door she entered with the now sleeping kitten, all clean, cream-colored except the stomach and the paws. She chuckled and set the small kitten down on the couch before setting her bag aside. "Then the bowl..." Filling a bowl with wet food she was relieved that they had determined the age to be eight weeks old, ready to be weaned. Setting down the bowl in the living room portion of the house she kept a careful eye on the kitten just in case it woke up. Relieved that it didn't show any sighs of waking up or being too still she finished the rest of her kitten-related tasks. Finally satisfied she picked up the tiny ball of fluff and carefully brought it to the new bed for it. The kitten woke partially and started to purr, feeling more content now in the warmth of safe hands. She chuckled, "you little one are a strange girl. Now, what to call you..." She paused, the sound of the drumming rain matching the purr of the kitten she made her decision. "Rain, yeah, that's your name." Smiling she set the kitten down in the blanket-filled cardboard box that worked as a bed and got ready to turn in for the night. "Who knew a troublemaker like him would save a kitten..."

#13 dragonesper, Feb 11, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Once at the basket ball field, Donnie for some reason felt better after talking to Heather, and the basket ball fell through the hoop more than usual. Bouncing the ball around in the rain also felt good for the rebel, and Donnie smiled at his own thoughts about his teacher being some kind of Charles Xavier when it came to students. Then he started wondering which one of the x-men he was...Wolverine perhaps-no, he was too weak. Nightcrawler perhaps...As the thoughts were followed by images of her being close to him and touching his mind gave shivers down his spine, both good and bad as he liked her, but he didn't like her knowing about his back ground. Throwing away the ball, he headed towards the party- if he was accepted and actually able to make some friends, he knew not. The destructive teen wanted to have a good time, but the chances of him getting in a fight and ruining the party were bigger, making his presence unwanted, and should they pester or bully him, he'd give them loads to punch and shout at.

The Monday morning was started by a nasty ache in the side of the teen as he'd been in two fights that weekend. The jock, Sam, who found great joy in using Donnie as a way of relieving himself of frustration, had held fast the teen when repeatedly kicking him in the side. The excuse this time had been a way for Sam to practice his skills, and the defiant weaker teen refused to plead himself free when the blonde jock insisted upon Donnie's willingness to assist as a boxing bag.

Donnie was seated and present in class minutes before starting only to keep Miss Sheridan and the others from noticing his weakened state. Cringing, Donnie picked up his book and pencil, hoping none would turn their attention to him more than needed- if anything at all.

14. Getting to work that Monday morning had been more of a hassle than she had expected, Rain was more rambunctious than she had imagined and keeping the kitten from running out took a little more time than expected. Finally she had made herself a chance to leave and took that chance.

She ended up being only five minutes later than normal as she entered the school, ready to tackle the amount of work that awaited. Strangely enough she and a few other teacher's were called in to discuss a matter, she sighed as she learned the specifics of that matter. Agreeing to it she knew there was no other choice.

Later, just before the bell rang she entered the classroom with a stack of papers, they all knew it meant a small quiz would occur the last half of the class, and set her needed things from her. This morning she had been in a rush so she had only tied her hair away in a loose ponytail. Wearing her usual ensemble of clothes, jeans and a baggy sweater, she was as they had learned to know her, casual. Only thing different was the light-framed reading glasses she wore during teaching, she had once joked that it was to catch daydreamers, and while reading. "Okay, let's start."

15. Seeing the state of Heather entering, Donnie watched her all the way up to the teacher's desk while wondering why she seemed so stressed. The brown eyes quickly fell down on his own desk when noticing he'd stared at her frame for too long, and glancing quickly at the other students, no one seemed to pay him any attention, but then he saw a blonde girl looking at him perplexed for two reasons; firstly, he had showed up in time, and secondly, the rebel sat so still and seemed to be ashamed for something. As Donnie noticed the look he got from Mindy, he gave her a look that could kill, making her turn abruptly towards Miss Sheridan.

16. Smiling she kept up a fair pace for the class, reviewing some points covered the previous year in preparation to the subjects of this year. Over the duration of the class she joked a few times, light quips in response to the comments from the students before they reached the last half of class. "The reading assignment was due today and we all know what that means..." She trailed of joking before holding up the stack of papers: "That's right, a mini-test." She started handing out the sheets, having made both the test easy and the first book an understandable one.

17. Having struggled to read the assigned book discretely behind the main book instead of paying attention in class, Donnie quickly hid it in his bag when the teacher started dealing out the mini test. Even though Donnie mostly didn't care, his foot tripped nervously underneath the desk and he leaned as casually he could on his elbow to avoid as much eye contact he could when Heather would close in on him. The dyslectic teen would pass the test, that much he had made, but a teacher would easily perceive through the made up additions that the boy had not read the whole story, or at least mistaken the plot entirely- mixing dogs with goblins, and servants with whores. None the less, Donnie would give it a try only because it was Miss Sheridan, who accepted Donnie's bad attempts at doing at least something instead of giving up on the task before even hearing about it.

18. Having at last handed out the last test she turned to face them. Please turn your papers and start, you have until the end of class." Seeing that her students had begun she sat down by her own desk, going over the notes and noting down the progress they had made during that class. Some offending strands of hair loosened and fell out, but she paid that no heed and tucked the strands away. Occasionally glancing at the students to check if anyone was cheating, all was fine and no one did. What any teacher wanted really.

19. Twenty minutes in the test, Donnie had covered half the paper with text, and when he glanced around the class for the third time, he feared anyone noticing him trying harder than before. His great uncertainty had not yet decided if he should bare with the bullying of his true self, or if he should keep the rebelling act to keep himself protected. Him failing by choice was far easier than actually revealing his worthlessness, and having trained the time limit of when to act cool, he leaned back in his chair and left the test tilting between fail and pass. Donnie had a secret yearning to annoy Heather just to make her talk to him. He found her rather interesting.