Andromeda High

Bachi made the machine synth some orange soda. It was the same as Orange Crush, and indistinguishable from the original soda. He gave the bottle of synthed soda to Kori. "It's on me." He drank his own Earl Grey tea, calming down quite a bit. He wasn't particularly freaked out or anything, but he was excited that his friend from forever ago had come back. "They serve milk, chocolate milk, any kind of fruit juice you could think of, and horchata." He sipped again. "Everything here is synthesized. We have a cheap way of doing it which makes everything taste exactly like the original or healthiest version. Instead of sugar, it uses crystals from stevia plants, which are much sweeter. Your taste buds eventually shift, but everything still tastes different."

He started heading towards the drama classes. "Where should we tour next? Or do you want to get to class?" They still had almost 30 minutes left before their 'deadline.'

"I... really don't want to go to class..." He guessed that he wouldn't be able to do anything until he had his good old paper and pencils back. "So, wherever we go, I'm fine with that." He smiled at Bachi, sipping at his soda with relish. Such a tastey drink...

He pulled put Crap and looked at it with a frown. "I hate this thing, it's really confusing. It makes staring at your schematics seem like a simple doodle..." He'd been able to help with the machanical stuff, but the actual smart part of it was... lost to him. He wasn't all that bright when it all came down to it. He struggled in school, never understanding it easily. Bachi had been his only life saver in that situation, his parents getting more upset at the many F's and D's he brought home. He was really grateful for his friend and all that he'd done for him...

Bachi sipped on his tea while watching his friend play with the school tablet. "You need to adjust the settings to your liking. Here, I think I know what you would like." He took the device from him and rearranged everything to make it simpler. It was more cluttered on the 'desktop', but there were shortcuts to everything. Bachi even changed the names to make sure that it was easy to remember. "That should do it. It doesn't look as pretty or organized, but you should be able to use it easier this way."

After giving the tablet back, Bachi started touring around the school. He made sure that Kori was following after. "The pool is kind of nice..." Bachi never really went to the pool that much, since he never really learned to swim. "Not very state-of-the-art, but more advanced than any backyard pool. It also has more competitive swimming lanes than any other pool out there. Well, besides maybe Olympic pools." While he was talking about it, he started walking towards the building that housed their indoor pool.

He perked. Oh how he loved the water! This was cause to buy himself some swimming trunks now. A reason to shop. That got him a bit excited. "Wow... do we have a swimteam? Or a water polo team?" He was already wondering what other fun things he could do. Drama definately, choir was a maybe if the teacher was Adolf Hitler in the classroom. He kind of wanted to swim right now, missing the carress of the chilled water against his skin as he glided through it. Then he began to wonder if Bachi ever learned to swim...

Bachi wasn't quite sure what teams they had. "We have..." He pulled his tablet up and went to the school homepage. "We have a swim team, water polo, synchronized swimming, and a high dive team." The building for the pool wasn't a part of the main school building, and also housed two gyms. A simple gym for daily workouts and a competitive gym for people wanting to become body builders. Bachi had been there once, tried some of the equipment, and left. He didn't really like the people there. But he could work out there if he wanted to.

"When they got to the building, aptly labeled 'Gym and Pool', he proceeded through the door and down the steps. the smell of chlorine was in the air. There was a set of double doors right at the end of the stairs, and off to the left was a tiled hall. "Down there are the locker, changing, and shower rooms. Through the door is the area where we keep our pools." They had smaller pools as well as a large, almost olympic sized, pool.

His eyes brightened at the sight of the pools. "Wow..." He began to bounce a little in happiness, getting jittery and excited. "So much room! I could swim forever in that pool!" He wanted to just fling off his clothes and jump into the water that very second! "Water polo... high dive... syncronized..." He wanted to do them all! "I'll have to look up the times of practice and the coaches and see their terms and meets..." He giggled a little and grinned up at Bachi. "This is so cool!"

Bachi nodded. "You can do all of that from the homepage of the school. Oh, your dorm does come with a laptop. Do you know if you get a dorm partner or your own dorm?" Bachi heard that he was getting a new roommate. But wasn't sure who. The odds of getting Kori as a roommate were even more out there than him transferring into the same room. "Do you want to check out your dorm next?" Bachi pulled up the map to the dorms on his own tablet just to check the fastest way there. "They're better than any hotel room you could think of. They even have those memory foam beds."

"Mom and ada got one of those, they got less grumpy." He smiled sheepishly. "I wasn't really paying much attention when I was looking at my room thingy. I was more worried about getting the classrooms right." He tapped his knuckles against his head lightly. "Remember? I'm not as smart or... well thought out as you are." He had to stop from saying something stupid like awesome or something... his limited vocabulary not giving him much help with anything complement-wise. "But it'd be awesome if I was with you or something like that wouldn't it?" He giggled, rocking back on his heels. He was really hyper and was tempted to just start running in spastic littler circles until he dropped in exaustion. Almost tempted, but not quite.

Kori's attitude made Bachi smile. "Well thank you." He led Kori towards the dorm rooms. They had to pass through the courtyard, and through one of the fields outside, to get to the dorm rooms. "Your introduction message on your tablet will have your room information. You should check it. My room is 216. I asked for a room upstairs because these students can get pretty loud." The dorm rooms weren't co-ed, but the buildings were. Same with the common rooms.

He glanced at Crap with a grimace and tentively tapped an Icon that seemed to be the right one and smiled when it was, his eyes scanning over the notice, a grin creeping up on his face. "Second level. Room: 216!" He looked up. "I get to room with you!" Now he knew he wouldn't be screwed over when it came to waking up or doing homework or getting around. Bachi would be there to help and make everything better like he did when they were little kids. His day was now complete.

Bachi was really surprised. Not only did they have classes together, but they got to live with eachother as well? What were the odds of all of this. "I'm gonna have to clean up quite a bit..." He had left a few things on the other bed, not expecting anyone to take it. At least until the end of the year. "We have a bit of time left. Do you want to see our dorm before going back to the last few minutes of class?" He stopped at the end of the stairs that lead up to the upper rooms. The buildings looked like foreign hotel resorts where you had to have a 6 figure job to even think you could go to one.

He chuckled. "Probably or I'll never remember." He lightly knocked his head with his fist. "You know I was never really good at remembering." Unless it came to Bachi, then he remembered everything possible. He blushed a little. Maybe he'd really never be as a good of friends with anyone as he'd been with Bachi. He felt a little stupid for thinking of his friend so fondly, like some love sick girl.

Bachi nodded. "I'll make sure to help you with that." He smiled. Kori's attitude was quite usual. It made Bachi feel like he was at home again. He led Kori up to their dorm, took out his key card, touched it to the darkened spot on the door, and watched as the door faded. "I still don't fully understand how these doors work..." He thought out loud.

Inside of the room was larger than normal dorm rooms. Even though there was only one bedroom, each dorm room had a bathroom, a living room, and a half kitchen. The bedroom had two beds, one was piled with electronics, parts to machines, circuit boards, and tools. The table in the living room mirrored the second bed, same with every shelf in the dorm. The kitchen didn't have many cooking utensils or ingredients, and the stove looked hardly used at all. All in all, the room was clean but disorganized. It was quite obvious that Bachi lacked regard for where he put his stuff.

"Heh... Sorry about the room's state..."

He laughed. "It's like coming home..." He murmured warmly, smiling brightly. "I honestly don't mind, it just reminds me of all the fun we had as kids." He noticed a small device on the corner of the bed and picked it up. "Hey! It's the universal remote you tried to help me build." He chuckled. "I thought we threw this away after it blew up your microwave?" He glanced over at Bachi, a twinkle in his eyes.

Bachi was kind of surprised that Kori even remembered that thing. "Yeah... I figured out what was going on, and I'm working out the kinks now. So far nothing has blown up... But every time I use it, the TV and the radio in the bedroom turn on along with whatever I'm trying to use it on. So, I need to figure that out next." He rubbed the back of his head, an embarrassed look strewn across his face. "I guess I'm a pack rat in the end." Bachi leaned on a wall and looked around the room at all of the things he had kept. "So many failed experiments..." He kept them for spare parts.

"True, but you've had successes." He smiled fondly at the pile of parts and scrapped creations.

He took in a deep breath, sighing happily when he slowly breathed out. "I missed this smell." Be cause it reminds you of Bachi. The little voice in his head said and he blushed, not really sure what that meant. Or why the thought made him blush. But maybe he just really missed his friend?

He nodded a little to himself. Of course that was all it was.

Bachi rubbed the back of his head. "Well... You'll have lots more of it." They were running out of time, but not very fast, it seemed. "Is there anything else you want to see before we head back? Did you want me to clean off that other bed really quick?" Finding a place for all of those machine parts wouldn't be quick. He needed a chest of drawers for all of this. That would be the next investment for him.

"Or... I could show a few of the new things that I did make..." He hadn't made many useful things lately, he was working on novelties. "Like..." He couldn't even think of his latest one. Or where it was. "Hmm..."

He giggled. Still unorganized as ever. "I don't mind sleeping on the floor until you can find a better place to put the parts Bachi." He sighed and plopped donw on the non-occupied bed. "But I'd like to see some of your inventions, but you don't have to show me right this instant..." He would just like to spend some time without other people. He wanted to be alone with him...

He smacking his forehead, blushing darkly. What was he thinking?!