And So It Was Written(Saint Guillotine and Schnee Corp Lawyer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well first of all she blinked and looked down to see whos pajamas she was even wearing because she did not exactly plan that far ahead when she packed =w=

After that though, she frowned and crept towards Joren's door. It wasn't that she didn't trust the vampire and her mysterious apprentice, but given how... enthusiastic Joren could be about his opinions she just figured it'd be a good idea to make sure there hadn't been some late night grudge match
A black t-shirt, a size too large was her main mode of dress and some shorts.

Though her seeking the door of Joren had her discover it was open...Joren was alive. Still laying in his bed...And currently out like a light.

"Don't worry. I didn't bite."

Rayne was suddenly and silently behind her in the doorway, a small smile playing across her lips.

"Just sleeping pills. I managed to drug him long enough for you and my boy to prepare to leave. I washed and dried your clothing too, if you wanted to change. Breakfast is in twenty minutes...And that's about it I think. So!"

She clapped her hands and rubbed them as she spoke.

"Feel free to pop in the kitchen whenever you're ready. We're going to have a bacon explosion today!"

And humming, she turned and left the room, obviously in a great mood on such a lovely Texan morning.

A black t-shirt, a size too large was her main mode of dress and some shorts.

Though her seeking the door of Joren had her discover it was open...Joren was alive. Still laying in his bed...And currently out like a light.

"Don't worry. I didn't bite."

Rayne was suddenly and silently behind her in the doorway, a small smile playing across her lips.

"Just sleeping pills. I managed to drug him long enough for you and my boy to prepare to leave. I washed and dried your clothing too, if you wanted to change. Breakfast is in twenty minutes...And that's about it I think. So!"

She clapped her hands and rubbed them as she spoke.

"Feel free to pop in the kitchen whenever you're ready. We're going to have a bacon explosion today!"

And humming, she turned and left the room, obviously in a great mood on such a lovely Texan morning.
A strangled yelp covered by her own hands was all that kept Joren that way at the sudden commentary. It wasn't that isabelle wasn't perceptive, but she was very much so one to lose herself in her focus. She slowly nodded and quietly closed the door, before she let out the breath she'd been holding after the cut off cry and nodded, meekly making her way to the kitchen

A strangled yelp covered by her own hands was all that kept Joren that way at the sudden commentary. It wasn't that isabelle wasn't perceptive, but she was very much so one to lose herself in her focus. She slowly nodded and quietly closed the door, before she let out the breath she'd been holding after the cut off cry and nodded, meekly making her way to the kitchen
The smell of bacon wafted from the direction of the fireplace. Rayne poking tinfoil wrapped treasures, grinning and humming quietly as in the kitchen itself, sitting down at the table was the figure from before...One hand currently rubbing Samson's head on his lap behind the ears. The other would be drumming his fingers on the table in a contemplative mood. At least till he saw her, at which point he rose respectfully and removed his hat to reveal the following.

He smelled of the landscape, all dried grass and the aftermath of a storm. His hair was unkempt and finger combed and a slight tan bespoke of his time spent outdoors. But he was still unusually pale for someone who lived in Texas and up to the point she'd notice that, she'd see his eyes.

A light, shining red currently looking her over with the same intensity she was giving him before he bowed his head and spoke. His voice warm and slightly deep as he remarked as though this was a usual thing.

"Good morning."

Last edited by a moderator:
The smell of bacon wafted from the direction of the fireplace. Rayne poking tinfoil wrapped treasures, grinning and humming quietly as in the kitchen itself, sitting down at the table was the figure from before...One hand currently rubbing Samson's head on his lap behind the ears. The other would be drumming his fingers on the table in a contemplative mood. At least till he saw her, at which point he rose respectfully and removed his hat to reveal the following.

He smelled of the landscape, all dried grass and the aftermath of a storm. His hair was unkempt and finger combed and a slight tan bespoke of his time spent outdoors. But he was still unusually pale for someone who lived in Texas and up to the point she'd notice that, she'd see his eyes.

A light, shining red currently looking her over with the same intensity she was giving him before he bowed his head and spoke. His voice warm and slightly deep as he remarked as though this was a usual thing.

"Good morning."
Whoa.

Well.

If she had to be lost in the desert with a White Council bounty on her head and a Red Court heavy hitter hunting her down, at least it was at Ranch-attractive-friendly-vampires, and she gave a nod slowed by a combination of her wariness and weariness.

"hi there"

Whoa.

Well.

If she had to be lost in the desert with a White Council bounty on her head and a Red Court heavy hitter hunting her down, at least it was at Ranch-attractive-friendly-vampires, and she gave a nod slowed by a combination of her wariness and weariness.

"hi there"

"My teacher told me a little of your plight. You have my sympathies."

Rising up, he gave one last pat to Samson and moved around the table to pull her chair out in a manner to suggest this was more an unthinking reaction as he continued to speak.

"Beyond knowing you're a target for the Red Court of Vampires however, she felt it was better it came from you. She didn't wish to abuse your trust, more so concerning....Our heritage. Whether you choose to share more beyond what I know, will be entirely up to you."

He waited till she accepted the seat or not, returning to his seat after as he looked at her.

"You must have a lot of questions. Ask what you will."

"My teacher told me a little of your plight. You have my sympathies."

Rising up, he gave one last pat to Samson and moved around the table to pull her chair out in a manner to suggest this was more an unthinking reaction as he continued to speak.

"Beyond knowing you're a target for the Red Court of Vampires however, she felt it was better it came from you. She didn't wish to abuse your trust, more so concerning....Our heritage. Whether you choose to share more beyond what I know, will be entirely up to you."

He waited till she accepted the seat or not, returning to his seat after as he looked at her.

"You must have a lot of questions. Ask what you will."
Well that was... old fashioned, and she slightly stiffly settled into the chair while she listened.

"Well thats nice of her but apart from that I don't actually have a clue whats going on myself" she said with a slightly flat look at wherever the older vampire was. "But... yeeea you could say I have a few. Leading off, whhhaaat exactly is this here? A vampire vacation ranch for those who prefer bovine to homo sapien?"

Well that was... old fashioned, and she slightly stiffly settled into the chair while she listened.

"Well thats nice of her but apart from that I don't actually have a clue whats going on myself" she said with a slightly flat look at wherever the older vampire was. "But... yeeea you could say I have a few. Leading off, whhhaaat exactly is this here? A vampire vacation ranch for those who prefer bovine to homo sapien?"
"In a way...And yet not at all. Let me explain."

He settled into his seat as he prepared himself, raising several fingers and bringing them down at each point.

"First of all, we're not vampires. Nor are we connected to any of the Courts you know. We're Damphir, Dampyr....Born of a human and vampire parent. We attain some of their characteristics and weaknesses, but ultimately have more freedom. Certain vampires in the past have used our kind as agents....Sunlight, thresholds and holy items don't work on us as they may on the others. It was how my teacher was born."

He gestured past at Rayne, who was pretending she couldn't hear as he added.

"Her father was a vampire lord named Kagan, whom she killed herself and everyone of his works."

He then looked her between the eye-Showing he knew something of wizards as he added.

"This was back in the 1940's. And the main reason why that particular breed of vampire no longer exists."

He leaned back and helped himself to a pitcher of water as he added casually.

"My teacher has something of a mean streak when it comes to revenge. As to this place? Its...A sanctuary. She built it originally to remain outside of the world in general, until I came along. That was when I was....Hmm."

He frowned in thought. "I believe I was seven when I came here. Before that I was....Not exactly in a good place. She taught me to control my urges, to channel them into productive means, among other things. I've been here ever since, though we've yet to determine my vampire bloodline."

"In a way...And yet not at all. Let me explain."

He settled into his seat as he prepared himself, raising several fingers and bringing them down at each point.

"First of all, we're not vampires. Nor are we connected to any of the Courts you know. We're Damphir, Dampyr....Born of a human and vampire parent. We attain some of their characteristics and weaknesses, but ultimately have more freedom. Certain vampires in the past have used our kind as agents....Sunlight, thresholds and holy items don't work on us as they may on the others. It was how my teacher was born."

He gestured past at Rayne, who was pretending she couldn't hear as he added.

"Her father was a vampire lord named Kagan, whom she killed herself and everyone of his works."

He then looked her between the eye-Showing he knew something of wizards as he added.

"This was back in the 1940's. And the main reason why that particular breed of vampire no longer exists."

He leaned back and helped himself to a pitcher of water as he added casually.

"My teacher has something of a mean streak when it comes to revenge.-
She suddenly regretted the flat look
-As to this place? Its...A sanctuary. She built it originally to remain outside of the world in general, until I came along. That was when I was....Hmm."

He frowned in thought. "I believe I was seven when I came here. Before that I was....Not exactly in a good place. She taught me to control my urges, to channel them into productive means, among other things. I've been here ever since, though we've yet to determine my vampire bloodline."
Her continuing and intense desire to wish she didn't keep antagonizing vampires without even knowing she was apparently doing it aside, she listened quietly to the rest of the story and processed it as best she could.

"...So like a liger!"

By the fireplace, what sounded almost suspiciously like some trying desperately not to chortle was strangled in its infancy.

And returning with plates, Rayne with as much somberness as a funeral spoke.

Hope you like potatoes."

Baked potato, wrapped in bacon strips and assorted veggies, wrapped in tin foil and cooked in a fireplace. Condiments upon asking. And with a sly smile as she sat with them, she added.

"Glad you both are getting along so well. Gives me peace of mind. So Little-Bright-Heart, did you introduce yourself to the lady or did you two just dive into conversation?"

The young man opened his mouth.... And then closed it in realization, a rueful expression crossing his face as Rayne laughed.

"This here is my student little darling. Tribes call him Little-Bright-Heart. I do the same, because I think its adorable as fu-"

"-My name is Lucifer." He interrupted, giving Rayne a look as the elder, ancient damphir stuck out her tongue with a gleeful expression.

"Neener-neener."

Ignoring this, Lucifer turned his attention back to her as he asked.

"So whats your name? And why were the Red Court after you?"

By the fireplace, what sounded almost suspiciously like some trying desperately not to chortle was strangled in its infancy.

And returning with plates, Rayne with as much somberness as a funeral spoke.

Hope you like potatoes."

Baked potato, wrapped in bacon strips and assorted veggies, wrapped in tin foil and cooked in a fireplace. Condiments upon asking. And with a sly smile as she sat with them, she added.

"Glad you both are getting along so well. Gives me peace of mind. So Little-Bright-Heart, did you introduce yourself to the lady or did you two just dive into conversation?"

The young man opened his mouth.... And then closed it in realization, a rueful expression crossing his face as Rayne laughed.

"This here is my student little darling. Tribes call him Little-Bright-Heart. I do the same, because I think its adorable as fu-"

"-My name is Lucifer." He interrupted, giving Rayne a look as the elder, ancient damphir stuck out her tongue with a gleeful expression.

"Neener-neener."

Ignoring this, Lucifer turned his attention back to her as he asked.

"So whats your name? And why were the Red Court after you?"
"...Little bright heart?"

to those who already knew Isabella it was no surprise that she burst out into a small giggle fit at the name. "Hee, its funny because Lucifer means, and, heheh, and then you, and you're ah... heh." she cleared her throat after a few seconds and had the decency to tinge at least a little bit after her outburst. "... anyway, if I knew the answer to that question I probably wouldn't have been chilling in the middle of the desert with two warden recruits as my only defense. All I know is that my mentor pissed off the vampires and the red court... at the same time somehow, so that good, and that the shadowymaboober that your mom and your dog chased off was there when my mentor burnt the research he was after and booked it. W-which I know because... uh... reasons."

Ok it was probably not good to lie when she was that awful at it to two vampires- err, dhampirs who she still felt reasonable in being wary around, so she huffed and shook her head. "...Those reasons being some creepy coyote thingie who keeps poking around in my head when I sleep and is apparently some sort of buddy to my mentor. Or mutual acquaintance. Or rival. Or arch enemy. He wasn't, uh, very clear" she finished wryly.

"...So does that mean I'm crazy orrr...."

"...Little bright heart?"

to those who already knew Isabella it was no surprise that she burst out into a small giggle fit at the name. "Hee, its funny because Lucifer means, and, heheh, and then you, and you're ah... heh." she cleared her throat after a few seconds and had the decency to tinge at least a little bit after her outburst. "... anyway, if I knew the answer to that question I probably wouldn't have been chilling in the middle of the desert with two warden recruits as my only defense. All I know is that my mentor pissed off the vampires and the red court... at the same time somehow, so that good, and that the shadowymaboober that your mom and your dog chased off was there when my mentor burnt the research he was after and booked it. W-which I know because... uh... reasons."

Ok it was probably not good to lie when she was that awful at it to two vampires- err, dhampirs who she still felt reasonable in being wary around, so she huffed and shook her head. "...Those reasons being some creepy coyote thingie who keeps poking around in my head when I sleep and is apparently some sort of buddy to my mentor. Or mutual acquaintance. Or rival. Or arch enemy. He wasn't, uh, very clear" she finished wryly.

"...So does that mean I'm crazy orrr...."
Rayne looked like the happiest woman alive, at the moniker given. Lucifer himself was slightly red still as he tilted his hat over his eyes.

Somehow, when he imagined himself meeting others his age, he was...Well.

Cooler.

A small whine and a heavy weight on Isabelles knee would herald Samson, his head resting on her lap as he gave her a soulful expression. Was there head rubs in his future?

And then the description of the psycho pomp wiped the smiles from the damphir pair, Rayne frowning as she spoke cautiously.

"No....But you'll wish you were, dealing with him. Coyote of the Tribes. Trickster God. If he's helping you, its not out of altruism believe me. He'll never outright lie but all the same, I doubt I'll need to share stories of what it means to trust a Trickster at his word, right? Lucifer?"

The student took over now, hat tilted back as he explained.

"Out of friendship, my mentor has presented you with me...I'll be your guide, your contact and possibly protector as you seek to clear your name and that of your teacher. I know the rituals of the various clans that make up the Hidden. I know how to fight them if need be and their weaknesses. I know the Accords and I know the ways of the Hunt. More than that, I am...Unnatural and can withstand more wounds then any baseline mundane. So, Wizard of the White Court...Adverse to traveling with a Damphir?"

Rayne looked like the happiest woman alive, at the moniker given. Lucifer himself was slightly red still as he tilted his hat over his eyes.

Somehow, when he imagined himself meeting others his age, he was...Well.

Cooler.

A small whine and a heavy weight on Isabelles knee would herald Samson, his head resting on her lap as he gave her a soulful expression. Was there head rubs in his future?

And then the description of the psycho pomp wiped the smiles from the damphir pair, Rayne frowning as she spoke cautiously.

"No....But you'll wish you were, dealing with him. Coyote of the Tribes. Trickster God. If he's helping you, its not out of altruism believe me. He'll never outright lie but all the same, I doubt I'll need to share stories of what it means to trust a Trickster at his word, right? Lucifer?"

The student took over now, hat tilted back as he explained.

"Out of friendship, my mentor has presented you with me...I'll be your guide, your contact and possibly protector as you seek to clear your name and that of your teacher. I know the rituals of the various clans that make up the Hidden. I know how to fight them if need be and their weaknesses. I know the Accords and I know the ways of the Hunt. More than that, I am...Unnatural and can withstand more wounds then any baseline mundane. So, Wizard of the White Court...Ad-"
"-aawwww, who's a good puppyyyy?" Isabelle cooed as the dog introduced his face to her lap, completely missing the tail end of that sentence as she nuzzled her nose into the top of the dog's head as baby talk ensued.

*about a minute and an embarassed isabelle asking for a repeat of the question later*

She leaned back into her chair with a small frown on her face, and arms crossed in front of her as she glanced between the two.

"...Not to look a gift horse in the mouth but... why? I mean, its one thing to help out someone who's about to die on your front lawn. But I have literally no idea where I'm going or whats going on, and the only people that do are A, actively avoiding my for my own safety, which, you know, has worked out great" she muttered darkly "B, want to kill me, or at least thats all they want if I'm lucky, or C, is apparently a god and also a dick."

Yes she said it out loud but if it was really a god it already knew she was thinking it anyways and she hadn't been smote yet : |

"So... this isn't going to be like a 'drive to the next town over and kick some butt' thing. It might not even be a 'figure it out in a year' thing for all I know. So... why?"

"-aawwww, who's a good puppyyyy?" Isabelle cooed as the dog introduced his face to her lap, completely missing the tail end of that sentence as she nuzzled her nose into the top of the dog's head as baby talk ensued.

*about a minute and an embarassed isabelle asking for a repeat of the question later*

She leaned back into her chair with a small frown on her face, and arms crossed in front of her as she glanced between the two.

"...Not to look a gift horse in the mouth but... why? I mean, its one thing to help out someone who's about to die on your front lawn. But I have literally no idea where I'm going or whats going on, and the only people that do are A, actively avoiding my for my own safety, which, you know, has worked out great" she muttered darkly "B, want to kill me, or at least thats all they want if I'm lucky, or C, is apparently a god and also a dick."

Yes she said it out loud but if it was really a god it already knew she was thinking it anyways and she hadn't been smote yet : |

"So... this isn't going to be like a 'drive to the next town over and kick some butt' thing. It might not even be a 'figure it out in a year' thing for all I know. So... why?"
Rayne rose up to collect dirty dishes and utensils, leaving Lucifer behind to explain as she began to wash up. Lucifer himself would consider before finally speaking.

"I'm not learning anything more, staying here. I need experience, to see the wider world. If I can do so, helping someone who needs it? Then I am content. Moreover...If you'll excuse me for saying?"

He let out a rueful smile as he said dryly.

"I-"

"-He's a sucker for a pretty face, double that seeing as you're dressed in his clothing when you first met."

Rayne cackled, one more mom point scored as Lucifer clutched his hat and tugged it down low over his face as he growled.

"-I like her looks as a traveling companion, is what I meant to say."

Partly true.

Isabelle wasn't the only one affected lets say, when they first laid eyes. As far as Lucifer was concerned however, cute as she was and adorable as she seemed? She still needed help and seemed without a friend in the world, double that considering her own kind turned on her.

And that was something that just didn't sit right with him at all.

Rayne rose up to collect dirty dishes and utensils, leaving Lucifer behind to explain as she began to wash up. Lucifer himself would consider before finally speaking.

"I'm not learning anything more, staying here. I need experience, to see the wider world. If I can do so, helping someone who needs it? Then I am content. Moreover...If you'll excuse me for saying?"

He let out a rueful smile as he said dryly.

"I-"

"-He's a sucker for a pretty face, double that seeing as you're dressed in his clothing when you first met."

Rayne cackled, one more mom point scored as Lucifer clutched his hat and tugged it down low over his face as he growled.

"-I like her looks as a traveling companion, is what I meant to say."

Partly true.

Isabelle wasn't the only one affected lets say, when they first laid eyes. As far as Lucifer was concerned however, cute as she was and adorable as she seemed? She still needed help and seemed without a friend in the world, double that considering her own kind turned on her.

And that was something that just didn't sit right with him at all.
"Ah". she said with a small, understanding nod.

Her eyes suddenly widened as they shot between Rayne and Lucifer as what they said actually clicked

"wait what?" she squeaked, looking down at the clothes she was wearing and turning beet red. "I... uh... Well... thanks I guess, but... I don't... really think this is, uh, the right time for me to see any- I mean not that thats what you asked but uh, What I mean is that might be a bit awkward or even dangerous to be al- N-not, not that I'm saying that you seem anything lik- I'm... I'm... Uh... gonna... Hey is Joren awake yet?" she asked, glancing down the hall

"Not till I shake him good and proper, Rayne said with relish.

Two blushing teens, her day was made. And more seriously she added.

"Hey... Its not like you have to decide now. At the least, he can escort you to the Men of Letters compound in Las Vegas. Its well protected and knowledge is what you need now. More than anything especially at this point."

Lucifer in the meantime would be wishing in vain for the Earth to swallow him up. This was not how he envisioned meeting someone his age for the first time. As it was, he'd snatch out of the air a package thrown at his head, Rayne speaking briskly.

"Before you head out, I'd like you to do at least one task for me."

Rayne has three tasks! Each provide one reward upon completion.

1. Examine the Ranch barrier charm.

2. Go to town to speak with a contact.

3. Test out her newest totemic guardian.

"Hey. No shaking." Isabelle said with a frown. "I know he kind of came off as a jerk yesterday, but I don't think you would have done any different if it was your partner who was just murdered by vampires and your rescuer was a vampire. Dhampir. Whichever, It wasn't liked he kidnapped me or anything, he got the assignment from the Council and he's trying to do it as best he can." She finished in an almost reprimanding tone before she finished.

Then she remembered the person she was talking back to was the owner of the very large and capable of being very angry dog that was on top of her lap right now. "...Uh... well thats just a suggestion at least. Yooouuu wanted me to look at a spirit?" She segued brillaintly

Rayne blinked before looking sly.

"Well, if you'd rather I not shake him, I do got some mix tapes from when I was a groupie for Queen." More soberly she added.

"I gave my word I meant you both no harm, save in self defense. Out in our world, that means a bit more than most. Lucifer? Take her out, lets see what our newest friend is like."

He nodded, grabbing from an umbrella stand a calvary saber as he strode out, Isabelle presumably behind him.

"We've a friendship with the local reservations. Part of our ranch defenses are the local primal spirits. Earth and Air. One Fire and one Water. This one is named Ahtunowhiho. Cheyanne, Earth. Appears in the form of a great bear."

He offered a wane smile.

"Before they serve. We need to prove ourselves. I usually fight them, but he'll leave it to you the contest of your choice. Questions?"

Status
Not open for further replies.