And So It Began...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sebastian finished the terrace in no time; He was just getting out of the shower when his phone received a message. He opened it, admiring the view of the image. He quickly tapped out a reply, sending it before picking out some clothes.

Hey there. It's okay, I was building a porch addition to my house. Much bigger now. I'm alright. Just got out of the shower.

He sent a picture of himself without a shirt, smiling slightly and sending the photo before he changed his mind. He got up off his bed, deciding on gray sweat pants that clung to his hips in a delicious manner. He picked out a loose white tee shirt, admiring his muscles for a moment before taking a comb through his hair. He slipped on his slippers, slowly walking to his office and shutting his door. He pulled out his phone from his pocket, sitting it down on his desk and opening his laptop. He quickly began to type, looking over the months finances for all three companies. He sighed as he realized the work this required would take more than a few hours. He called Alfred on the intercom, waiting silently. "I need your help!"

Once Sayomi reached her house she fell to the grass, groaning in pain and delight at the coldness of the blades against her skin. She felt like she was jello and her legs still felt like they were shaking, but she was proud of herself. thought to that area she was seen as a regular, she hadn't been going there as much as she should have been. After a while of just laying in the cold grass, Sayomi flipped onto her back and pulled her phone from its holster.

You were building the deck? Or you were over watching the deck be built?

He would be the first rich guy that she knew that actually did manual work besides maybe one or two of older retired rich men. Sebastian didn't seem to be like anyone she had ever met before, but she wondered how much of it was a ploy to grab her attention.

Sayomi couldn't help but stare at the picture for a bit, admiring both the small yet perfectly placed smile, as well as his body. After a moment of thinking she snapped a picture of herself in the grass, the green bringing out both the red in her hair and the green in her eyes, making them closer to unreal than before. Her face was red and sweat was visible even in her pulled back hair. As she pushed send a wave of anxiety took over her.

Why she seemed to care to what Sebastian thought of her, she didn't know. But she still tried to calm her anxiety with the excuse of that if they ever went anywhere he would see her when she isn't all done up so why not sooner? It would weed him out if this was just an appearance thing for him.

Slowly she pulled herself up, groaning in only pain this time. She needed a shower, and needed it bad. She was soaked and felt unbelievablly gross. She waddled inside, stripping with every step. Her father was at the doctors, so she was free to roam the house however she wished.

Sebastian chuckled as he read the message and looked over the picture of Sayomi. He saved the photo, taking a bite of his cereal and sending a text back.

Of course I built it myself. Maybe you'd like to see it sometime? Of course I still need to paint and varnish and decorate. But it's coming together perfectly.

He looked at his watch, realizing he had an interview scheduled for today. He hurried into his room, quickly putting on a suit and heading with his pad and paper to his office. He heard a faint doorbell from the front of his house as he settled into his chair behind his dark brown desk. The intercom beside him buzzed before Alfred's voice rung through. "Mr. Black, you have a Mr. Prescott here for an interview. Would you like me to show him to your office?"

Sebastian smiled slightly, pushing a button and speaking slowly. "Yes, Alfred. Thank you very much. I'll be expecting him shortly." He wrote down the name of the man, as he waited. A slow, short knock was heard on the opposite side of the door, and Sebastian laughed silently. "Come in." Mr. Prescott entered, thanking Alfred with a wave before crossing over the room to shake Sebastian's hand. "H-Hello, Mr. Black.. It's an honor to meet you."

Sebastian nodded, smiling and shaking Mr. Prescott's hand. "Pleasure to meet you. Let's get down to business. What is your full name?"

"Andrew James Prescott."

Sebastian wrote down Andrew's name, nodding. "What do you do in your spare time, Andrew?"

"W-Well.. I write, read, and take care of my children. I like to build things sometimes. B-But my kids.. They're the most important thing in my life."

Sebastian loved that answer. Children were the most crucial and valuable thing in the world. They would carry on the generations. "I see. What makes you different than anyone else at a job?"

"Uh.. Well, I'm very dedicated. I stick with it even if I don't like the job. I think I could handle anything thrown at me with a level head unless it risks my health or someone else's health."

Sebastian wrote down the answer, nodding. "How old are you children?"

"Two, one, and a month old."

Sebastian whistled, chuckling. "You guys must have got busy, eh?"

Andrew nodded, laughing softly. "Yeah, you could say that. You see.. My wife and I struggle daily. Her job fired her because she was pregnant. So we've been struggling to make ends meet. And I want the best for my kids."

Sebastian held a hand out to Andrew, nodding. "As long as your drug and background tests come clean you're hired. Congratulations."

Status
Not open for further replies.