And Just When We Thought It Couldn't Get Worse...

"If you don't find me worthy of your precious time, then why do you bother with trying to get me to tell you about my past. When I, clearly, don't want to." Fallen continues to walk down the muddy trail in the woods, bursting out the part of her shield that had blood on it, then recovered it briskly. "Besides, I don't do bribery anymore..." she adds silently.

Ray holds the answer the Raylin's at the back of his mind for when the stranger leaves, but decides to answer him first and foremost. "Emm, she may have followed the other girl who left...I believe the other girl left with a swim suit on so my best best would be by the lake..." Ray tried to pull back the brief moment he saw the girl walk down the hall. "It's a left out the door...There's a trail." Ray finished smirking to himself recalling him and Raylin's previous fun by the lake.

"I learn things for the benefit of my brother. No other reason." Asura replies shortly, her hands balled into fists with agitation.

Dante nods. "Stupid Asura... Well thank you." He flashes his best fake smile, turns, and heads for the door. Once outside, he quickly locates the path the boy had spoken of and begins to sprint as fast as he can, hoping to reach the lake soon.

Fallen turns to face the girl, "If your brother would like to know stuff about me, he can ask away and he'll probably get the same. No answers. Not until I feel safe." she tried to explain without sounding like she was talking down to Asura. Slowly Fallen let her shield evaporate in an attempt to make the girl feel less threatened.

"Anyway...I think I could make pretty much anything...I've made desserts like cake or smoothies, or over dishes such as pizza or soup. I suppose you could make almost anything like I said." Ray told Raylin smiling as he remembered his other meals he had made.

Asura drops the bloodied rock on the ground at her feet. Her arm begins to bleed faster, blood pouring out of her body and pools beneath her. Once there is a considerable amount on the ground, the blood seizes to flow, stopping completely. Asura glances up at Fallen, a wicked smile upon her face. "Dante will never forgive you for making me bleed and cry. You'll be in trouble once he gets here." Crimson tears slowly begin to fall from her hate-filled eyes, streaming down her face, collecting in the pool of her own blood.

Seeing the lake, Dante picks up his pace, sprinting faster and faster. The path soon turns to sand. He notices the girl first, standing on a rock in the middle of the lake. Shifting his gaze, Dante then sees Asura, standing in a pool of blood. "Shit.. Asura~!" Dante screams, panic rising in is throat. Now at his sister's, he gently wraps his arms around her, pulling her feeble form into his chest. His head whips around in the girl's direction, glaring angrily. "What the hell did you do?!"

"Hmm... Well I guess for just being bored one day, you came up with a pretty genius idea." Raylin murmurs softly, yawning daintily, inaudibly expressing her exhaustion. "So. What shall we do next?"

Fallen feels her blood begin to boil, she opens her mouth to retort but bites her tongue in time to cool herself down, "I didn't do anything. She wanted answers that I said I wasn't going to give her. I don't know what she was trying to accomplish by using a rock to cut herself. But blood ended up on my shield, and next thing I know she's not bleeding anymore but there's a puddle of blood beneath her and she's crying." Fallen explains the story in short deciding to leave out what the girl had said exactly, not wanting to get Asura into too much trouble. Chewing the inside of her lip Fallen pondered how the boy, who's name was supposedly Dante, would respond. Sighing she knew he'd most likely take his sisters side, which just made Fallen even more grateful she hadn't said anything.

Ray catches the ever-so contagious yawn and rest himself further back on the couch so he's more lounging than sitting, "I don't know if I can move..." he says laughing lightly at the end, his eyes closed and his head leaned back. "We could nap? But there has to be a story before we nap." Ray's grin grew with each of his words.

Asura's face contorts to anger slightly, yet she manages to remain calm. "She's lying, brother! I just wanted to look at the water but I found her here! I wanted to learn more about her but she wouldn't tell me anything! Fallen attacked me, Dante! Made me bleed and cry and I wasn't able to stop the bleeding for a few minutes because I was so shaken up!" She cries, burrowing her face into his shirt, blubbering like a big baby. Of course she realizes that the lies she's spinning will be found out sooner or later. But for now, they're just enough to get Dante's blood boiling.

Unsure of who to believe at this point, Dante's eyes flash between his sister and the girl on the rock. Once the information has sunken in, he stares at the girl. "Your name is Fallen, is it not?" Dante calls, his tone loud and strong despite the shakiness he feels inside due to the site of his beloved sister. "How do I know that you're not the one lying, Miss Fallen? How can I be sure that you didn't attack my sister?" He asks, completely unsure of the present situation and what actions he should take.

Raylin smirks and closes her eyes, her mind spinning a tale to tell. "Once upon a time, there was this rather large forest filled with magnificent trees and flowers and bushes of all shapes and sizes and kinds. A single trail ran through it, twisting and turning throughout this forest, eventually taking you to the other side. But stray off of this path too far, and you'll likely never return. For there is a man who lives in this forest. One who enjoys dying the trees and flowers and bushes red with the blood of his victims. For the sake of the story, lets call him Cero. Now Cero originally lived in a small village just beside this forest. He had a loving mother, a father who worked as a blacksmith, and a little sister who we'll call Lilynette. Cero really loved Lilynette. In fact they were like best friends. They did everything together. But because Lilynette was five and Cero was sixteen, there were times where it got a little bit hard for them. Often times, Cero would want to partake in activities that Lilynette was too young for and Lilynette would want to play game that were a bit too childish for Cero's liking. Naturally, this created a conflict between the two who were so close. And this angered Cero. To him, Lilynette was practically his entire world. There came a day when his parents thought it a bad thing for him to be spending so much time with his sister. Their parents decided to separate them and send Cero to live with their aunt in the neighboring village. When it came time to see him off, Lilynette walked with him to the edge of the forest where Cero promised her he'd come back. After giving her a hug, he left off down the path. It was a few days later when Cero had come back home. Thankfully, Lilynette wan't home at that time. But when she got home, she found Cero bathed in her parents blood. His mouth was dripping with blood and fangs descended from his mouth. Cero had become something Lilynette had only ever dreamed of. He killed there parents but spared her life." She pauses for a moment, drawing in a shaky breath before continuing. "They had to flee. They had to hid within the forest, within the trees' leafy canopies. Cero and Lilynette remained there for many years, killing all those who strayed off of the main path and into their forest. They fed off of the blood on their victims. And that was enough to satisfy their hunger. Yet Lilynette grew tired of this lifestyle. She wanted to see the world, to get a proper education and move far away from the village and the forest. So when the time came, she-" Again, Raylin pauses in the middle of her story, takes a few deep breaths, and picks back up again. "She killed him. Fed off the blood that once flowed through his body then burned Cero's body until it was a pile of ash. Lilynette managed to make it to a private school within the next two years but she had forced herself to forget her horrible past. She met a boy who helped her recover her lost memories. And now she's able to attend a different school, her memories completely in tack once again. Yet she can never forget the pain of seeing her brother bathed in the blood of their beloved parents. No matter how many times she wipes her memory clean." By the time Raylin finishes her story, tears threaten to flow from her eyes, yet she refuses to allow them. Instead, she continues to take deep breaths, steadying her emotions and putting her mind at ease.

Fallen let's out a slow breath, how was she supposed to convince a protective older brother cradling a wounded and crying sister, the she, the stranger in the situation didn't do anything. "My name is Fallen. And she's telling the truth, she did ask me questions and I wouldn't tell her anything. But I did not, in any shape or form attack her. She became angry, told me something about using my own blood to retrieve the information, said I wasn't worth her or your time..." Fallen climbs down from the rock and crosses the lake to shore, standing a good twenty feet from the twosome. "At one point she threw blood at me...I suppose that's what I'd call it, and when I turned around she was bleeding, and said that I'd be sorry once you got here...Suddenly she stopped bleeding and began crying..." Fallen sighed and sat down in the sand, a saddening feeling washing over her, "I'm grateful for what you did for me earlier, I would never hurt your sister...In fact I'd heal her right now if it weren't for my thinking she hates me..." she added as her fingers carefully drew pictures in the sand.

Ray's arm gradually slips behind Raylin and wraps around so his hand lands on her stomach, pulling her closer to him. Leaning his head down against hers, "That story seemed a little too detailed to be made up..." he trailed thinking over the story she told. "Either you're a really good story teller and get overly emotional. Or I was just Raylin's life story..."

Dante sighs and hits Asura in the back of the head. "Damn it Asura. I told you not to do that. There are easier ways of getting information you want out of people without hurting yourself... Fallen, I'm very sorry for any trouble she's caused you." He bows slightly, reinforcing his apology. Everything began to make sense now. The pattern of Asura's cut, the pool of blood, and the fake crying. To him, he feels sorry for the girl before him, knowing full well that she's had to deal with his annoying little sister.

Raylin nods. "Most of it is true. But my brother's name was actually Sekran and I was his accomplice in the murder of our parents. And Sekran and I didn't really fight at all. But besides that, yeah, it's my past. Hmm.. Probably not the best story to be told however..." She trails off, having nothing else to say on the matter. Recalling her past has never been a task that Raylin enjoys, but it made a better story than anything she could've come up with one her own. Certainly more interesting at least.

"No it's ohkay...I understand, must be annoying when people don't answer your questions...But I...Couldn't. No disrespect, but I don't trust easy, and wasn't comfortable with answering..." she trailed, why was she explaining herself, and why did it feel like her stomach was still shaking even though he believed her. Fallen's eyes darted back to the pictures in the sand which mostly involved faces and scribbles.

"Hmm..." Ray moans with sleepiness, "You don't need to explain anything to me..."

"No it's ohkay...I understand, must be annoying when people don't answer your questions...But I...Couldn't. No disrespect, but I don't trust easy, and wasn't comfortable with answering..." she trailed, why was she explaining herself, and why did it feel like her stomach was still shaking even though he believed her. Fallen's eyes darted back to the pictures in the sand which mostly involved faces and scribbles.

"Hmm..." Ray moans with sleepiness, "You don't need to explain anything to me..."

Dante shrugs. "I understand not feeling comfortable around my sister. She can be a bit forceful." He replies to Fallen with a slight laugh. "Asura, go back to the dorm. Clean up your arm and go to your room. I'll make you some food once I get back." He orders and points toward the path he had sprinted down only minutes before. Once she is out of sight, Dante strides over to Fallen, looking her over briefly just to make sure she really is ohkay. "Please tell me what se wanted you to tell her." Dante coos and brushes a stray hair out of her face, caressing her cheek for a moment before dropping his hand back to his side.

Raylin yawns once more, finally giving in to her sleepiness. "I don't intend to." She retorts softly in her half asleep state. With one final stifled yawn, Raylin drifts off into a light sleep.

Shivers crawl up Fallen's spine at his touch, which reminds her of the very visible scar that snakes up her back, to be covered by nothing but her bathing suit top. "She asked about my past." the words slipped into the air before she had time to bite her tongue. "But my past is sometimes unbearable to recall so I said no..." flowing from Fallen's lips like a rhythmic song she couldn't believe the words were actually coming to mind. "Truth is, I don't remember much of my past. Nothing good anyway. Only the bad, only the nightmares. Everything else...Is pretty much a blur..." Why was she telling Dante this? She knew him no more than Asura, at yet, maybe if Asura hadn't been so irrational, she too would've received this information. Because having someone to listen, was all she wanted right now. The scariest thing to Fallen was that she wanted to let the tears she was holding back flow out, but right now, she was too numb to cry. Instead she let a hand slip behind her back and trace along her scar as far as she could reach.

After listening to Raylin's soft breaths and heartbeats, creating the perfect lullaby Ray too, fell into one of the bests sleeps he's had in a long time.

Dante's light laughter enters the semi-tense atmosphere around them. "Hey, our past is nothing to brag about either. Asura wiped out our entire clan. She barely spared my life. Probably wouldn't have if I wasn't her older brother... What I'm trying to say is no matter how painful your memories may be, it's not wise to retain everything and keep it to yourself. Wrinkles will soon carve themselves into your pretty little face if you keep this up, my dear." He pulls Fallen close, pressing her into his body. As Dante leans down, his lips nearly brush up against hers. "And the last thing we want is for someone as beautiful as you to have wrinkles, right?​"

Maybe it was never having the feeling that her stomach was gonna fly off without her, or maybe it was the fact that she basically wasn't wearing a shirt and pressed up against a boy, but an uneasiness settled on Fallen. Making her face flourish a rosy color as she parted her lips to whisper, "Right." although that was only 1% of everything running through her head right now Fallen could barely make it audible.

A smile creeps across Dante's softened face. "Well then. Now that we're in agreement about that, would you be comfortable sharing some of your past with me? You don't have to of course but if you did, I'd be able to understand your position in life much easier." He coos. Dante takes a seat in the sand, pulling Fallen down with him and placing her in his lap, her back pressing into his chest. Resting his head on her shoulder, his arms gently wrap around her waist, as if holding her captive. "Feel free to share whatever you're comfortable with. In return, I'll answer whatever questions you may have about me. No matter what they may be.​"

Has he seen it yet? How couldn't he have noticed it yet? Maybe he just hasn't said anything about it? All he'd have to do is ask how she got the scar? The questions piled into Fallen's head as she let a sigh slip from her lips, "Ohkay just a mere 6 months ago, I lived a pretty normal life up in the surface world. I had a mom and dad, neighbors and classmates. But one night when my family and I were watching a movie..." Fallen trailed her eyes darting back forth as she remembered the exact moment, "They came. I don't know who they were, but all I know is that they came a demanded to take me away...I didn't know why at the time, because I didn't know I had my abilities yet, but the sad thing is apparently neither did my parents...Because they weren't my parents." she sighed once more letting one of her hands brush through her hair. "Turns out I was adopted, my parents weren't the ones I had inherited my powers from. But they fought and fought to protect me, but ended up losing their lives...The only thing that saved me was my force field. Since then I have expanded my force field learning different ways to control it and such, I've also figured out I can heal...But I lose energy when I do this...I can revive people too, but it half kills me." Fallen let herself laugh a little at the last part. "But the way i see it, if it came down to it, I could revive two people before I killed myself. Two for one sounds better then vice versa." she finished glad she didn't burst into tears while telling the whole story.

"I'm very sorry to hear that, Fallen." Dante sympathizes, his voice a whisper in her ear. "For the past four-five years I've spent in hiding, trying to keep my sister and myself alive. There were many times when I had to kill someone else to protect her. And she had to do the same for me. If Asura hadn't annihilated our clan, we'd have been safe on the surface world. No one had ever attacked us or cared what our people did. We were positioned in one of the few towns where many races were able to coexist peacefully without the humans attacking us." His arms tighten slightly around Fallen's waist. "My sister and I had always talked about killing our people off and running away. Just so we'd be free of the elders ruling over our lives with an iron fist. I hadn't realized that she was serious until I was almost dead. Whenever she'd ask me questions about wielding her blood or where Blood Gods are most vulnerable, I'd always thought she was just curious. Never had I even begun to imagine my innocent little sister was really plotting her attack.​"

Fallen let her eyes fall to the sand, "Whatever she has done hasn't made her a bad person though..." she whispered not wanting to tread in the waters of his sister. "She seems genuinely nice, she just has an assertive side I believe. And assertive is good, it gets you where you want to be in life...Better than backing off and keeping your mouth shut I suppose..." Fallen sighed recalling the previous fight with Asura she had had.

Dante's chuckles, unable to hold his laughter back. "I'm sorry, but you really don't have to talk about her so kindly, even if she is my little sister. Face it, she's an insufferable little brat who can't seem to mind her own business. Anger her in even the slightest way, and she'll try to kill you. If she thinks you're trying to take me away from her, her as good as dead." He shrugs his shoulders. "That's why you should stay close to my side from now on. I'll admit that you maybe be able to protect yourself but you have no idea what she's capable of. Therefore I must protect you." His voice soft and seductive to the ear, contains a small amount of his boyish charm.

Fallen felt goosebumps crawl up her arms, 'Is he trying to seduce me?' she thought to herself unable to suppress a small fit of giggles that she fell into. "Well I'd never want to steal you from your sister. Wouldn't it be easier if I just left you alone?" Fallen smirked shyly.