Ancient Order of Angels: Volume One The Artifacts

Status
Not open for further replies.
A small girl secretly wandered at the sight of the scene. It was slightly unnatural how no one noticed her, I mean, she did have bright pink hair. Looking around mysteriously, the girl peeked through the crowds, watching closely at everyone's movements. She had a slight frown on her face, with her height and all, she couldn't see as mush as see hoped too. A bit annoyed, she tried standing her tippy-toes but, that didn't give much offer. Next she tried asking politely, she poked the tall man in front of her.

"Excuse me sir, may you please move out of the way?". The man turned around and gave her the nastiest glare.

"Get out of her kid" he turned back around stubbornly. The tiny girl sighs softly, Why are people so stubborn? She thought angered. The girl growled quietly, if only he knew who he was talking too. Enough of this! She pushed the man back roughly, with unnatural strength for a girl her size, no unnatural strength for any size! He fell hard to the ground, marveled with his eyes wide open. She quickly rushed away and out of sight..

If only he knew who he was talking too..

The bright headed girl sped away at the speed of light from the large man, she wasn't scared of him, just scared of the turnout. Steamed and a bit terrified with the whole factor, she wasn't paying much attention to where she's going. The young girl slams hard into a stranger and bites her lip from the impact, making it bleed. She falls to the ground and looks up at him innocently. Her eyes widen in fright,

"S-sorry.." As she looks up at the brown headed, good looking boy, her detailed black family ring starts to become hot. Standing up, the girl hides it behind her back quickly. She twiddles her thumbs, Oh God, something not good is happening..

She wipes the dark blood from her soft lips with the hand that didn't hold the ring on it's finger.

"E-excuse me.." she says quietly, looking down, trying to get out of your gaze. There was something about this one.. She seemed oh to peculiar.

"Ouch!" Tommin gasped as the girl bumped into him. He stumbled slightly from the impact but still managed to remain on his feet. Recomposing himself, he looked on to see the assailant he was pursuing had already made it clear of him. "Bloody hell..." he grumbled to himself. It was only at the point that he heard a timid voice uttering the word 'sorry' that he realised that he wasn't alone. He looked down at the girl, into her frightened eyes, and after rubbing his face managed a warm smile. He noticed the blood on her lip and his face suddenly bore a worried expression.

"E-excuse me.." she said quietly, looking away from him. Those two words snapped him out of his trance.

"What is it? Are you okay?" he asked concernedly, kneeling down and offering her a hand up. He couldn't place why, but there was something about this girl... something that made him stop chasing a reported criminal, something that made the pendant around his neck warm against the skin of chest.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 person
She allows him to help her up and she continues looking down. "What is it? Are you okay?" he asked, to her surprise, he actually sounded like he was concerned.

She looked back up at him quickly, she surprised at the fact that he cared. "I-I..." she stuttered. Her bright ocean blue eye met his and she got lost in his green beauties for a moment. She shakes her head slightly getting out of his trance. "I-I'm fine" she slept her pink bang out of her face.

The girl gulps softly as her ring heats up even hotter, "Sorry.. again.." she looks away awkwardly, trying not to make anything worse.

Hadley was surprised to hear Gil speak with such conviction after what a trance he had just been in. Clearly, he came to some kind of resolve in his own mind. A subtle smile crept across her face as she was forgiven. One thing she couldn't handle was someone angry with her.

"I ran out of the room so fast that I didn't turn around to see if he had followed me," she replied with a sigh of satisfaction that Gil believed he would not be a problem for them at the time. She then followed Gil to the bookshelf. Slowly, she traced her fingers along the dusty spines of the books. Most of them seemed mystical, enchanting, like a fairy tale. He mentioned that the missing book must have been about angels. "Angels? Why would someone steal a book about angels? I mean... they aren't real or anything, right?" Ever so slowly she turned her head to the men. Get it together, Hadley. You don't need to entertain the thought of Angels existing. They're only something people want to be true. There's no way of knowing if they're real. Same goes for heaven and hell.

A feeling of warmth and security seemed to fill her upon the reassuring words Gil had spoken. However, his comment of her necklace surprised her as she thought she did a good job of hiding it. Her eyes widened as he tucked the chain under the collar of her shirt. She wanted to ask him about it, but decided to bite her tongue.

Gil commenced with the plan to go forward with. She was oh so relieved they weren't going to split up. Next he turned his attention to Heru as to get his opinion on where to start.

Suddenly she could take it no longer. The question was buried in her throat, needing to escape. Thus she blurted out, "Wait, you know what this is?" She asked, her palm over her chest in the spot where her pendant hung. "It practically willed me to chase after you. As if it had a mind of its own!" At this point she knew she was in over her head, and she was quite certain that much of what she knew to be impossible were in fact very possible.

A noise Hadley did not recognize came from the hallway. She knew this conversation might of had to wait. Sharply, she turned her head to Heru, and waited for his response to Gil.

Tommin waved off the girl's apologies. "There's no need to say sorry," he replied warmly, the same smile on his face, "It'll teach me to be more observant in the future." He gave a light chuckle in the hopes of relieving her worries. He scrunched his face up in thought before looking at the girl in a more serious manner. "Why were you running so fast? Are you okay?" he asked in a stern, yet concerned, tone. It was a voice of authority that he had developed during his time as a police officer. Truth be told, he didn't know this girl from the next bystander in the crowd but the warm feeling resting against his chest and the inescapable thought that he knew her from somewhere drew his attention more than usual. After all, with a kidnapper on the loose, a kidnapper he had now lost sight of, anything could be wrong - especially with how scared the girl seemed.

• Love
Looking up at him, the girl smiles softly at his kind words. But then she hears his sternness and freezes in place. She is always nervous about almost everything that comes by, but this is worse on a whole different level in her mind.

What if he knows!?! What if he's a demon!?! What if he's trying to get me!?!
She thought of all the worse situations that could ever happen.

"I-I was..." she scattered her mind for excuses or something to even say!

She was gulps and rolls back on her heels, she finally thought of something! The girl gave the officer a fake innocent smile, "I was going for a sprint!"

She mentally facepalmed herself, I sprint!?! that's the best you could of thought of!?!! She thought idiotic of herself. She looked up at the officer to see if her terrible excuses worked for once.

• Love
Tommin looked at the girl in disbelief all while he struggled to contain his amused smile. He'd been scolded for it many times by his fellow officers. Larson! Don't smile when dealing with people. It makes you look unprofessional!, the chief's voice screamed in his head. Imagining being scolded by his superiors only made him smile even more.

"Look, I'm a police officer, you can trust me." he said reassuringly, "This is a very dangerous place to be at the moment so I need to know you are okay. Why were you running?" He placed a hand on her shoulder to try and alleviate her worries and doubts. It was the same as when her hand had touched his as he helped her up - the warmth of the pendant on his neck fluctuated. He couldn't think about that at that moment, however, he had a job to do.

• Love
She smirked a bit watching him try to hide his sly smile, she knew that he didn't believe her, but for some reason that didn't bother her at this moment. She noticed what she was doing and bite her lip, training herself not to show to much expression, making her look weaker then she already does. While she had all this thought in her head the tall stranger laid a hand on her shoulder. Her eyes widen a bit but, she hid it quickly. The ring behind her back began to glow as it got hotter, she started covering it with her other hand and keep her attention on the officer, trying not to show any problems.

She was a bit more calmed and less intimidated by him now, "I swear, nothing's wrong.." she smiles at him again and tried to make it a little more convincing this time. She couldn't help but look at his facial features, by now the ring started to burn a bit but, she completely ignored it.

Reactions: Shadi Jaye
Odd certainly summed the girl up. At least from Tommin's point of view. He removed the hand from her shoulder, certain she wasn't going to tell him any more. He wasn't entirely certain there was anything to tell. He scrunched his face up once more in thought.

"Well, if you're sure..." He said, dragging the last part of the statement out as he thought things over, "Be careful, either way. If you need anything, just come and find me. I'll probably be looking for my gung-ho partner."

He gave her one more smile before pulling his radio from his pocket and turned to face horizontally from her, looking out to where the assailant had ran to.

"Be advised, this is officer Larson, I have lost the suspect. I repeat, I have lost the suspect. Returning to standby until further instruction is given, how copy? Over."

There was a sharp crackle from the radio before a distorted voice acknowledged. Tommin sighed and slid the radio back into his pocket. "Now what?" he mumbled to himself looking up to the sky.

• Love
Reactions: 2 people
The girl smiled softly and nodded in response. "Definitely" she answered strongly. She knew deep inside, she was going to keep an eye on this one, for sure. Once the interesting officer turned away from her to use his radio, her family ring calmed down. She smirked a bit and started walking back into the crowd.

What was with that? It was so odd.. She thought to herself, her ring wasn't the only thing that acted out of sorts when she had this encounter. She, also was not herself or what she thought was herself around him. For some reason this random person made her feel... different, like someone else for a moment. Not a scared little girl running from the big bad world and taking all it's crap. She feel strong and independent and she liked this feeling, and she felt she was going to keep feeling this way for a long, long time. She froze in her tracks.. She doesn't even have his name?!? The girl quickly turned around and started running back in the direction she came from. Peeking through the crowds people, she spotted the same uniform that she saw on the officer and started pushing through the piles of people to get to him. Finally, getting to her destination, she tapped his shoulder and smiled.

"I never got your name by the way!" she said cheerfully.

He turned around and the man gave her a confused look. It was an older man, maybe about in his 30's. It definitely wasn't the person she was talking too, just some normal officer. The girl let out a devastated sigh, "Sorry, wrong person...". The officer turned back around to do his normal duties and carry on with his day. While she was left here thinking about mysterious police character..

Heru raised an eyebrow and chuckled a bit upon hearing Gil speak. You could say he was rather proud of him as he knew some thing had happened. He then heard Gil speak about something being ironic, Heru responded "Yes it would seem so due to the fact their was once a book here. I wonder where it went." He wondered around the room in thought thinking about the whereabouts of this book. I wonder if Zenriel has anything on record about this place. "Gil you remember the cop that my grandfather introduced us to right?" He asked. "I wonder if she will know of anything." He added.

Heru pulled out his phone and dug through his contacts looking for her number. It's been awhile since he used it because the last time he needed it was back when they were trying to get information. After minutes of looking he stumbled upon it and dialed the number. The phone went straight to voicemail as soon as he dialed it. "Hey Zenriel it's Heru. I don't know if you remember me I Rahfir's grandson. Give me a call back if you don't mind I need to ask you something." Heru looked at Hadley and then her necklace, "Not real? hmph you got a lot to learn don't you?" He emphasized. Heru walked over to the bookshelf and grabbed one of the book and handed to hadley. "Here read it....I'm sure your method of thinking will change. If not then your a lost cause and a closed minded fool." He declaimed with a grin. "Oh and in case you wondering your necklace is basically a mood necklace. You haven't noticed it changes depending on how your feeling? Hmph well then..." He continued turning his back toward her leaning on the table.

He sat there listening to Gil lay out a strategy with ease. Next thing he knew Gil had ask him for any suggestions on where to start. "Hmph well now....you were doing so well I didn't see the need for my input." Heru said jokingly. "But sadly Death has came and went Gil the only thing we can do now is get on the outside and get some information. I would like to know who the hooded individual is." He continued heading toward the door. Heru could sense the concentrated amount of Aura's around him he knew some other being's had arrived.

Heru then used a technique he was taught when he was just a little boy. He put on his headphones and took a deep breath. He tried to connect with the Auras with his mind in attempt to grab their attention. To any being receiving this it would be like a light bulb went off in their head. Heru opened his eyes and gestured to Gil and Hadley and hinted, "Let's go...." Heru had a need to find the other Auras and round them up so he could get some answers. I hope yall ready..

• Love
Reactions: 4 people
Ichabod followed Tommin but got lost, "Ah Sh*t where did he go " he face palm himself but then he got a phone call "maybe it's Tommin" he then answered the call but it was unexpected "Hello"."Makarov where are you " He was disappointed "Captain, how did you got my number "He said to the captain "WOULD YOU JUST SHUT UP WITH HOW I GOT YOUR F*CKING NUMBER " Deus ears drum was nearly broken! (Again) "Ok. . Ok . . Ok sheesh! Captain Jimenez what do you want " He just wanted the captain to shut up "We have reports that . . hehehe . . Strange things are happening in the area of influence of the monastery " Deus was intrigue by this "Anymore of this reports captain " Jimenez laughs like an idiot over the phone "I'm sorry . . hehehe . . hehehehahahha!. . I'm just watching some Bridal wars" This pissed off Ichabod " Ok captain i'm gonna put the phone down

And he did. he sighs "Well let's find Tommin " but he felt a heat sensation."What the " he then looked at his necklace which glowing "What the heck "

Reactions: Kay Kamp
Tommin's pendant, just as it had done when he came into contact with the young girl, lit up and increased in temperature.

"This is just odd..." he commented, holding it in his hands. The yellow sapphire jewel it was made out of glowed with an aura of radiant dusk. Now to find Ichabod. I can deal with this pendant later.

Tommin reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone, it was likely that Ichabod would have forgotten his radio as well with how quickly he rushed out to the monastery. He dialed the numbers in the phone and allowed it to ring, waiting for a response, all the while looking out for the girl who had piqued his curiosity earlier and any more like her. Maybe he wasn't the only strange one on this planet...

Gil had become a little lost in his thoughts again. I wonder. Why a book on angels? How would someone steal it? And what significance does a book like that have. He thought also most of these kind of books were correct on some subjects they touched but in the overall aspect they were completely false. Angels were very sacred and wouldn't let anything slip about their kind while venturing into Hominibus. They also developed a special group of angels that were tasked with erasing or adjusting the memory of anyone who had either discovered or interacted with an angels in any other form than human. This would eliminate any secrets about angels from leaking out, such as about Caelum or weaknesses or even powers.

Heru distracted Gil from his thoughts by asking about the officer friend of the family. He quickly responded, "Of course I remember Zen. Even though we haven't spoken in a couple of years I still keep her as a contact. Any good strategist would. I guess now would be as good of a time as any to connect with our contacts." Gil then searched his mind for anyone else that could probably help with the investigation. He remembered his old professor from high school in the Criminal Justice department and thought of giving him a call, but then suddenly remembered that the professor died just a few months before his own Abuelo. The thought of his abuelo however didn't affect him like it usually did.

Gil now stood watching as Heru suddenly tore the girl a new one about angels being real. Of course angels are real, after all Gil and Heru were both angels. They knew they were part of a special order of angels that was sent to Hominibus centuries ago to protect human. However, over the years there was no telling how many families of the original order no longer practiced the art or died out all together. Gil felt as if he was hurt by the comment of this Hope girl, but didn't comment on his own. After a little while Heru stated that with death having already come and left , the next step would be to head outside while in the process looking for the other human. Gil quickly nodded and proceeded to the outside. Once they had all stepped out of the door, he noticed that Heru was attempting to do his communicating technique that his Jiddoh had taught him at a very young age.

A sudden sensation fell over Gil and he quickly explained it as Heru opened his eyes and said let's go. "Obviously it worked Heru. The auras I was sensing earlier have increased in radiance. They are all pretty close as well." He announced. "Shall we?" He asked as he lifted up his right wrist revealing his amulet on his bracelet which was radiating a beautiful amethyst color. A small smile appeared upon his face as a sign of 'let's get this started.' Gil then pushed forward into the crowd and noticed once side of his amulet was glowing brighter than the other. "Hey I think someone is in this direction." He stated to Heru and Hope as he began to use his amulet almost like a compass.

As the dial tone rang out and the answering machine's dull recital faded into audio Tommin looked through the crowd to observe a man with a glowing amethyst amulet. In a scrambled panic, Tommin pulled his own pendant from under his shirt once more to see it glowing brighter than ever and in the man's direction.

"What the bloody hell...?" he cursed in a low droning tone as he tried to make sense of it all.

"Please leave your message after the tone. BEEP"

Tommin's eyes grew incredibly wide as he stared the man down, the man's eyes meeting his own. "Ichabod! GET OVER HERE NOW!" he screamed into the phone before dropping it into his pocket and drawing his USP 45. He dropped into a firing position and moved towards his target. "ARMED POLICE! STOP WHERE YOU ARE!" he screamed with perfect diction, a phrase he was clearly used to shouting. As he approached the man, he saw a second man and a girl with him, causing Tommin to halt in his position. "Damn it..." he mumbled to himself, not removing his sight or his weapon from the direction of his target, however. "GET DOWN ON YOUR KNEES!"

Who are these people? Why are they exiting from the direction of the monastery? Why does the one in the lead have an amulet similar to my own? Just what the hell was going on? They might be connected to this... I have to question them...

• Love

"Oh man that really hurt " He barely remembered what happened during the times before he was knocked down cold by something or someone, "My phone where's my phone " He saw his phone beside him and it had a lot of miss call from Tommin "Crap" he was about to contact him but he notice his phone is broken "WHAT!!!BUT . .. BUT I JUST BOUGHT THIS!! GOD " he then began to look at his surroundings

"What was i suppose to be doing " Then it hit me like a bucket "Oh yeah! The monastery and Tommin " Then the necklace began to heat like hell again! "Not now " He quickly runs towards the direction of the monastery Clearly unknown of the dangers that lurks

• Love
The girl groans, Why am I so interested in this... Strange man? She sighs annoyed with herself and her stupidity. I have no time for this nonsense! she mentally yells at herself. The girl looks up at the sky, it was quite bright, but she could she dark mysterious clouds heading her way. In the sky she sees a faint image her beloved moon, she freezes still. Her moon had a strange red tint. At that moment her ring started to glow and grow hot, worse than before. She brought her hand up and looked at the ring, it was starting to get a deep red tint, the same as the moon.

The girl looks at the ring and back at the moon in confusion and anger, What now!?! Her eyes widened as she stands brick still, she felt a strong wave crash through her, she gasps for air. The girl falls to the ground, holding her chest tightly. Her ocean eyes still bulging in fright, S-something is terribly wrong! Holding her chest in agony, she takes a big breath, feeling the cool air flow through her warm lungs. The girl closes her eyes and takes another breath in. She feels this pulse.. Somewhat guiding her.. Somewhere.. Somehow.. It felt as if it wanted to go somewhere, no. It needed to go somewhere..

She stands up straight, wiping the dirt off the knees of her pants. People around her stared, frightened by this strange girl. No one was kind enough to care or help, they were all just scared little children, not making a move, just watching. The girl looks all at the people circled around her, she gives them a smile, trying to reassure them that everything is alright. The crowd of people watching her walked away, liked they just saw nothing out of sorts. The girl shakes her head softly in disapproval, then walks in the direction of her destination.. Wherever that could be...

"Azimuth, you old devil," Lucius smirked. His golden eyes shone from behind the cowl of his cloak and an instant later he was gone leaving a cool breeze blowing slightly on his demonic acquaintance.

"Can you see me now?" Lucius said from the corner of the ceiling, a slight laugh escaping his lips. He had used his evil powers to pull the shadows in around him and observed Azimuth for a brief moment before dropping behind him.

"They have a girl," he said matter of factly.

"She is different from other girls." Lucius gazed upon his fingernails. They were cut short and the cubicles had nice half moons; perfect by human standards.

"So what brings you here?" He looked away from his fingers before picking his tooth with a piece of wood that materialized from nowhere.

"Perhaps we should follow them, aye?" Lucius stepped toward Azimuth, his cloak fluttering behind him as if it had a life of its own.

• Love
Reactions: 3 people
Azimuth chuckled. "Ah, Lucius. You haven't changed. But a girl, eh?" He raised a crimson eyebrow. "That's defintely enticing. Strange the company that this wreck of a place has drawn in." His gaze passed over the hazy, partially-collapsed hallways and crumbling walls.

"I assume they didn't stick around," he said, shivering. He wouldn't want to stay either when Death itself stopped by. That could make any otherworldly creature scared out of their wits. "So lead on, then." He smiled and gestured toward an unblocked hallway.

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.