Ancient Order of Angels: Volume One The Artifacts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusk began to approach and the time neared around 4, rumbles of thunder sounded throughout the area. Emergency services were working overtime to combat the flames engulfing the monastery.

"There are people still inside!" A medic said as he readied his stretcher.

"We are going to have to get rid of some people they are starting to crowd the area." one officer said into his radio.

The smoke started to thicken and the wind began to pick up fanning the flames to untouched areas. This was not good especially for the ones who were in those areas.

The Pope was preparing to speak on the days incident momentarily. News helicopters circled the area trying to get an aerial view of the damage. It was quite horrific, from this view you could see the crowd starting to gather as the evening hours approached. People standing there with phones in hand either snapping a picture or grabbing a video.

Moving through the crowd slowly was an individual most know all to well, Death. He was there to take out his duty and retrieve the souls he was there to collect. He was unseen to the naked eye and completely unnoticeable to the Angels and Demons they can only see him when he is near. Time moving in slow motion around him he made his way to the front casually walking through holding his scroll.

"Time's up..." He announced as he approached the door and 3 crows cawed numerically.

He said it in away where all supernatural beings would hear no matter location. The race against time had now been initiated. How would the angels react? Will they be able to get to the people in time? Do they even have a say so in what would happen? I guess we will have to see....

Last edited by a moderator:
Archangel of Venus, blue

Teri frowned at the anxiety in Heru's voice as he put her on hold for a minute, she could see a thick plume of smoke rising into the air in the distance, maybe a mile away. When Heru got back on she was gonna scold him for making her wait but her words were halted by his next ones. "Gil might be in danger...." A sickening dread started to settle in the pit of her stomach as those words crashed into her like a 14 wheeler. Before she could respond though Heru shouted for her to get over there before hanging up. Scowling she looks down at her cell for a moment before shoving it into her pocket 'Jeeze, could at least give me a specific location....Baka...' Looking around her she spots a dark ally to her right. Dashing across the street she ignores the honks and shouts she receives from a few drivers heading away from the smoke, using her hand as a prop she slides across one Taxi's hood before reaching the ally.

Running into it she stops once she gets to the dead end, looking behind her she makes sure no one can see her before taking a slow, deep breath, her multi-colored eyes closing. Dipping into the powers hidden within her like Heru and Gil taught her she summons the element of wind, beckoning to her will. Suddenly a small vortex of wind surrounds her, causing her snow white hair with shades of purple and blue to flutter around her wildly. Snapping her eyes open having a faint glow to them now making them even more eerie than usual. Teri's feet lift off the ground floating a good foot above the ground. 'Concentrate....Concentrate...' She mentally repeated to herself, once she was sure she had full control she beckons the wind to lift her high into the air. At first the wind fluctuates around her, like it wasnt gonna obey, but after a moment she shoots up into the air, at lightning speed the mortals below wouldnt be able to see her. 'Yes! Alright, destination, monastery." Teri flies straight for where the dust and smoke was thickest, which on one hand sucked cuz she could hardly see, but on the other gave her nice cover from any curious or unfriendly eyes.

~~~~~~~

Teri's feet silently landed on the debri riddled ground, the sight before her causing her to freeze in horror. 'No....' The whole monastery was in ruins, people were in hysteria around her as reporters made this their next scoop while police tried to calm the crowds. 'Gil....Heru...' Quickly shaking her head to clear her thoughts she calms her mind as she searches for Gil and Heru's auras. She was so familiar with them that she could pick them out from thousands, so when nothing came up her chest tightened in worry. 'You 2 better be alright....' Her now normal'sh eyes spot a archway that was amazingly enough still standing amongst the destruction. 'Maybe they went to investigate?' Not seeing another option Teri heads for the archway, making sure to stay out of the cops line of sight as she ducks under the caution tape and into the only thing left standing.

Teri frowned at the sight that greeted her, it was....Odd, to say the least. Heru was there, though she couldnt see Gil she felt him there was well. But they wernt alone, a girl was with Heru, she appeared human but Teri could sense something....Different about her. Not only her though, there was also a hooded guy and another with gold eyes that gave her chills. 'What the....? What did I miss?' Letting out a heavy sigh in utter confusion she puts her foot against the middle of Heru's back and gently shoves at him. "Okay Mr. Vague as all get out. Care to tell me just what is happening? Who are they??" She says in a mildly irritated voice, but for those that knew her knew this was how she reacted when she was worried

As Heru was about to depart the room, he heard the door open and no sooner was it that Teri came through it. Heru rolled his eyes and blatantly expressed his aggravation. "Ugh noooooooow you show up? Your a little late don't you think." Heru felt her gently push him, he shot her a look that should have given her a hint of her mistake. "Hmph...I was just left here by Gil I was heading to go help some people in need. I'm not really sure what to tell you." He added.
Heru could here Gil trying to connect with about his whereabouts. He looked over at Teri and told her to "Maintain the girl and get her to safety, I'm going to find Gil."

As soon as Heru was about to depart the room he got a very odd chill. No sooner after that he heard the words "Times up" rang in his ear as if someone standing right next to saying it. Heru stood there almost frozen, he slowly turned to Teri to see if she had heard the same thing. Oh no.....he's here. Heru hadn't had an encounter with him since the day Gil's grandfather passed away. "T...Te...Teri we need to get Gil and try and save some people." He implored. He tried to reach Gil but failed due to the one who collects.

Heru tried to pull out his phone and noticed he all of a sudden had no signal. He knew that they were caught in quite a predicament. Heru took off rapidly out the door in the direction of Gil. He had to get there fast with no time to waste. "Gil!.....Gil!" He yelled as he turned the corner. "Gil......Gil!" He yelled once more. He took off his head phones to see if he could hear anything from him. As he was running, he noticed light coming from around the corner. He came to a slight halt and peaked his head around the corner to make sure there wasn't anyone there. "Gil?.....you in there?" he whispered as he neared the door. "Giiiiiiiil?" He whispered again. Upon entry he noticed how unscathed this room was, looked newly painted. He look around for a moment and noticed an odd looking chalice sitting on the table.

38494.jpg

hmmm.... As he was about to reach out and examine it, he noticed out the corner of his eye something move in the other room. Heru looked quizzically in the direction of the movement foregetting about the cup, He slowly approached with caution readying himself for what he was about to encounter.

Hadley lowered her eyes as she was scolded by the man known as Heru. Perhaps he was right. Perhaps they were just trying to help. Before she could apologize Gil had burst out the room not seconds before a woman who seemed to be familiar with Heru entered. Shortly after he ordered this new girl to maintain her he jolted away as well. Right before he left he looked as if he had seen a ghost. His body language was stiff, and his face turned stark white.

Up till now the necklace she wore emitted a strong energy, one she had never felt before. As the two men rushed out the building there was a significant shift in the energy it was radiating. It was now urgent, demanding. There was something deep inside of her pulling her to follow them. This feeling was primal, indescribable, as if it wasn't even coming from her at all.

Looking to the new woman in the room she gave her a smile and a nod as she rushed out the doors in the direction she saw them go. As she turned the corner she was standing in a long corridor, unsure of where to go. Hadley stopped and closed her eyes. She could feel the energy radiating from her necklace. Upon opening her eyes she knew where to go, so she started running ahead. Not far around the next corner she noticed a light coming from a room that seemed to escape the damage of the collapsing building. As she neared the room she saw Heru standing next to a seemingly rare chalice.

Slowly, she approached the room with caution. Breathing heavily she stopped just outside the door. As she peered in she took a slow step forward. "Sir? I'm sorry I followed you but-" She stopped as his stance had changed defensively. Knowing there must be danger nearby she scanned the room cautiously.

A shiver crept along Gil's spine as the voice of death rang through the room, "Time's Up." You have got to be kidding me. Gil thought to himself as he recognized the voice. It was familiar. So familiar that in fact Gil had only heard it just a few months ago. The voice was a bone chilling one. It filled the room with fear and dread. Gil felt the temperature of the room drop to a low 20 degrees. The torches along the wall that illuminated the room had die down to a low blue flame so small that you couldn't even see the candle beneath them. I can't believe he is here. I really can't deal with him right now. Gil stood stiff in the middle of the room. He thought that death himself would soon be approaching him. He began to wonder what could he say to him. It couldn't possibly be his time. He was just the rank of Archangel not even making it to the rank of Principalite.

"Well son I can tell you he is not here for you. I think he is actually here for us." A calming masculine voice came from the direction of the young man's portrait. At that moment an entity reflecting the exact image of the man in the portrait jumped from it. "That's right son and we have to talk to you quick before he finds us." An even more calming feminine voice rang from the portrait of the female. After this another entity reflecting the image of her jumped from it. The entities began to walk closer and closer to Gil. He slowly began to walk backwards towards the door not knowing who they were or even what they were.

"Who are you and what do you want?" He asked demanding. "Now Gil Vincente, we are you parents mister. Stop being scared of us right this instant." His mother spoke. "We haven't been eluding death himself for over twenty years for you to be walking away from us in fear. Come give us a hug sweetie." She continued as she opened her arms. Gil became skeptical of the entities, but against his better judgement he walked over to the entity and gave her a hug laying his head on her chest. A feeling of comfort, protection, and joy flooded over Gil's body. At that instant, he knew what they were saying was true.

"What was so important that you had you avoid death for 20 years just to tell me?" He asked wondering. "Son, you are the one true twilight encarnate. The archangel of Saturn. The controller of light and dark in all aspects. Own your power my son." He father spoke to him follow by his mother. "Yes son, we were happy to die protecting you from demons. Long as you lived. I'm sure your Abuelo felt the same. He passed on all the knowledge he could to you. Do not feel alone and week my child. You are much more than that. And more powerful than you think." These words encouraged Gil and he had a new found confidence. It was almost as if he was a whole new person. He no longer doubted himself or his abilities.

"Thank you my parents. I love you both so much. Now it is time for you to rest." Gil stated as he felt the shadow of death walk past the room. The entities began to glow a light blue color and the flashed away. A small tear fell from Gil's right eye. He did nothing to it, just let it fall. After a few moments the candles returned to their normal status now illuminating the room totally once again. The temperature of the room returned to its normal status. The only thing that did not return to the room was Gil's doubt about himself and his sorrow he held for his Abuelo.

Death entered the monastery in a time consuming pace as if he wasn't in a hurry to do anything. Time was indeed winding up. The moment he crossed the threshold his list began to fill with names. One by he call out to them as passed along the halls. He paused for a few seconds at the sight of two names appearing on his list. He noticed these names hasn't left his list in over 20 years. He decided this he wouldn't miss out on the opportunity in taking home these two. So he advanced toward them. Not caring about any chatter between them and any other. As he passed by the room the names had crossed whilst he absorbed their soul. Rebecca and Phelm Vincente were no longer apart of this world. He continued through the halls of the monastery. He acknowledged the angelic beings he came in contact with and said no more. After he passed light went went him and a ice cold wind followed.

A "hmph" escaped Lucius' lips as he unfolded his arms and peered at the doorway through which everyone had left. He was perplexed at their odd behavior and was contemplating following them.

Then he heard it.

"Time's up," the chill voice of death echoed throughout his mind.

Lucius smiled wickedly and gathered his cloak about him before entering into the hallway...

As Heru was about to enter the door, he heard the girl speak. This of course almost sent the Girl flying because he was focused on what he was about to do. The chilling aura came and went and the lights went with him. He reached into his pocket and grabbed his phone and turned on the flash light. "You ok?" He asked the girl that had just spoken. The eerie silence filled the room and he went toward the light coming from a room ahead of him.

He could once again sense Gil and at that moment he knew they were to late. Death had made his rounds throughout the monastery and just like that he was gone. He walked in to the the room where Gil was an noticed a change in his aura. "Ohhh so I guess something happened in my absence huh?" Heru asked. No sooner did he say that he looked at bookshelf that sat in the wall. He walked over to it and could feel something strange about the bookshelf.

"Looks like we have a missing book." Heru commented as he looked over at Gil. He then looked back over at the girl and introduced himself. "I'm Heru Chidubem...might as well get acquainted with after all, I have a question....Did anything seem strange to you about that hooded individual?" Heru asked. "I noticed he carried a cross bow and just outside I found an arrow that had a note on it." He continued. Heru reached into his bag and pulled out the arrow and layed it on the table. "There take a look at it if you'd like." Heru's phone buzzed in his pocket and he noticed it was from it was from his grandfather's friend a professor from New York University.

1360232.gif

Heru looked at the phone and was taken a back by the message. He went and looked at his sent messages and instead of saving it he sent it off while he was in a hurry. He then texted Teri to tell here where we were.

1360240.gif

He put his phone back in his pocket and looked back over at Gil. He noticed something was different about him, almost as if he had changed.He couldn't help but noticed that his aura had in deed changed as well. His thoughts escaped and before he knew it he asked Gil, "You ok?" He look at him quizzically and looked around the room.

Lucinda passed and took note of the different artifacts while at the same time staying away from some of the voices. She wasn't one to spark up a conversation with someone. Interaction with others she did need to communicate with for her benefits was a waste of her time.

After stopping at a dead end she heard a voice that came out of nowhere. "Times out." What was that supposed to mean. She didn't want a stupid voice that she didn't even know who's it was telling her when her time was out. On the other hand she didn't need the in convince of getting stuck in this broken up building or getting injured so she made her way out the way she came in destroying a wall on her way out. "Damn voices and what the hell is Uku up to at a time like this..?" She grumbled and crossed her arms strolling down the halls.

The man's intensity frightened her as she approached him. The change in his demeanor was noticeable as a cold chill swept through the halls. "You ok?" He asked as he pulled his phone out of his pocket and shined it her way.

Squinting she replied, "Yeah, I'm fine. I wonder what that was.."

Heru began walking towards the room with the light. There was no way she wanted to be left alone after that strange chill in the air and the dimmed lights, so she followed him. In the room stood the man that he called Gil. He looked..sad. In that moment Hadley felt sorry for him. Her heart could feel that his was breaking. She heard Heru mention something to him, but she didn't catch it. The barely visible trail of where a tear had fallen on his cheek had her distracted. What could have happened in such a short time? She wondered to herself.

The sound of Heru walking to the bookshelf broke her gaze, and she remembered why she was at the monastery in the first place. She was sent there to Investigate. What am I supposed to be investigating, I wonder. She thought to herself. "I'm Heru Chidubem... Might as well get acquainted after all...." he stated. Hadley jumped in mid sentence, "I'm Hadley.." She turned her gaze to the other man. "Hadley Kerrington. Pleased to meet you. Please excuse me earlier... I didn't know. ." Don't trust anyone. The words from her Grandmother's letter rang in her memory, thus she let her sentence trail off. Somewhere deep inside had her feeling they were okay to trust.

Turning her attention back to Heru he continued his questioning. "There was something strange about that hooded man. . He seemed so .. familiar," she replied with a nervous giggle. "That's silly, right? I'm not even from this country. How could I know him?" She peered at the arrow and note he layed down on the table. Looking up to him she gave an innocent shrug. "I don't know what he wants with me, honest.." she unconsciously rubbed the gem of her necklace in between her fingers, deep in thought.

Azimuth contemplated revealing his location to the strangely-observant man but thought better of it and stayed silent. Why add insult to injury by confirming his presence? The guy could try to kill him or something and that would truly ruin his day. So he stayed still and watched the people flee the room at the bone-chilling voice that echoed through not just the halls, but the minds of those within them.

Please come back soon, Azimuth pleaded with no one in particular. He was too frightened to be doing this by himself but still he had a duty to fulfil. And it was this or his head so sometimes the decision is surprisingly easy to make.

He was jarred from his thoughts by another figure he hadn't noticed was in there. The figure appeared male, demonic, and was wearing a cloak.

"I thought those went out of style centuries ago," Azimuth remarked, gesturing to the cloak of who he recognized as Lust's subordinate. He stood up and changed back to his human appearance. "Why the rush?" He smiled knowingly even though he honestly didn't know what was going on.

Ichabod was being pushed aside by people running away from the scene, "Give me a break already guys" he said to himself. he left his car behind him due to intense traffic so he had to walk, "Damn i wish i had my car " he was a cop sent to investigate a "terrorist" bombing on the monastery of Barcelona (Which is a big deal ) he was just passing by an alley but stop when he saw a group of people harassing a woman, he clench his fist "Even in a state of disaster, Crime doesn't take a break "

"Give us the money and we'll make sure to make it quick " a thug with the gun said, "Why won't have fun with her first huh! bro " he licked his lips as he looks at her, "Please, i have daughter and i have to get home "her words fell on deaf ears. "Listen buttercup, you're wasting our time "he then put his gun on her head and was about to pull the trigger

"HEY! "Ichabod shouted to them "Where is your honor and respect " he then came up to them face to face "Look at this pipsqueak " one of them grabbed the girl while the other point his gun at him "Look were just here to get some money for some food so either you scram or we'll put a bullet on your head " Ichabod "Let the woman go! " He was on the urge to break they're bones "The girl comes with us! hehehe " Without another second Ichabod smack the thug's face giving him a bruise and teeth falling apart also knocking him out "WHAT THE F*CK! " The other thug then rush his knife towards Ichabod, cutting his shirt and making a wound "Why you little " Ichabod grabbed his hand and pulled the thug closer and kicked him in the groin, Causing the thug to fall down to ground while holding his groin. Ichabod then looked at the thug holding the woman hostage "Don't move or . . . or i'll kill her " He pointed his knife at her throat "Fight me like a man . . Coward "

The woman then stomp her heels at his feet making him shout in pain and then kick him in the stomach."Wow " was the only thing he said, he then gathered the three thugs and cuffed them to a pipe " Well Justice has been served " He said with a smile to the woman who still silent due to the trauma he then said "Take care madame, the place is on panic so be careful " He was about to move out of the alley when the woman stopped him "Wait!! I didn't got a chance to thank you " He smiled "You don't need to thank me. it's my duty " She tilted her head and went on her way, "Well there is still one more problem " he then looks towards the direction to the monastery,

His phone rang, "I didn't know i have my phone " He picked up his phone from his pockets and answered it "Hello ","WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU " the voice nearly broke his ears "Captain, how did you get my number " Deus asked densely "WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU MAKAROV! DON'T YOU KNOW ALL POLICE FORCE ARE NEEDED TO QUELL THE RIOTS " Ichabod rubbed his head "I'm near the Monastery. the place where it all started, i'm going to investigate about this "Terrorist" Bombings " It was silent for a moment but " Ok! I want a full report about what have you discovered, Makarov " Ichabod smiled "Yes sir! " and the phone went off, "Hmm. i sense something big is coming in our way " He looked at the horizon as he moves towards the monastery

• Love
Reactions: 3 people
Arriving to the scene, Tommin stepped out of his car, crackled voices from the radio inside reporting thousands of incidents per minute. These riots are really getting intense, Tommin thought to himself. Regardless of what was going on in the rest of the city, Ichabod Makarov, one of his fellow officers, was on to something when he stormed out towards the monastery - Tommin had to follow. Steeling himself with an aura of determination he delved into and began to navigate his way through the crowd.

"Excuse me! Excuse me! Police business! Police officer coming through!" he repeated endlessly as he shuffled through the gawping masses. "Bloody hell..." he mumbled to himself in slight frustration, "Always one to go rushing off ahead, aren't you, Ichabod?"

It took him a while to catch up to his comrade but when he arrived he found him stood staring at the horizon with three thugs cuffed to a nearby pipe. Already he's found trouble?

"Ichabod!" Tommin cried out, trying to get his ally's attention, "Ichabod, what happened here?"

After a few moments of Heru and Hope being in the room, Gil finally broke out of his trance. Still facing the direction where his parent's once stood, he listened to the two individuals talk for a few moments and finally opened his mouth. "Gil Vincente, and earlier is in the past. No sense in dwelling on it. You were in a tight position. We wouldn't expect you to trust us so easily. Especially since you were almost killed and then saw some man coming out of the ground in front of your own two eyes. Really I would say not being very trusting is an excellent quality to have." His voice seemed different, more calm and confident in all actuality.

Gil turned to greet the two noticing that the hooded figure was not with them. "Where is the man that tried to kill you? No matter we will find him. Even he shouldn't deal with the likes of those two." He commented reassuringly. He then walked over to the book case where Heru now stood. Peering at the book case he noticed the space where the book was. "Yes I see." He murmured. He then read along the titles on the spines of the other books. 'Angels in reality', 'Deities formed from God', the empty space, 'Destiny in the Hierarchy'. "The book must have been about angels. According to the position of the book. The surrounding books seem to be of the same sort. Isn't that ironic?" He stated as he peered over to Heru.

Gil then walked over to Hope. "Are you ok? As I said before. I am here to protect you. I may be a little intimidating at first, especially with my powers designed how they are. However, none the less, I keep my word." He asked as he observed the slight glowing from beneath her shirt. "Lovely isn't it. You should protect it with your life. I noticed it's red glow earlier when danger appeared. Obviously, it has toned down a bit." He commented gesturing towards the pendent she had hidden underneath her blouse. He then began to adjust her collar. "If you are going to hide it however you must hide the chain as well." He commented as he began to tuck the chain in.

"Okay first priority is to investigate the remaining injured before death comes back. Which may mean we only have a few moments. Now, I do not suggest splitting up. Yes there is a lot of ground to cover. But with danger around almost every corner I don't think that would be a good idea. Plus we need to find that hooded man. I sense that you two are connected somehow, even though he tried to kill you." He announced to the room and by the end of the statement was staring dead into Hopes eyes. "Any suggestions on where to start Heru?" He asked more confident that ever. Gil himself didn't notice the change but it must have been obvious to everyone else around him.

Ichabod was surprise his best friend Tommin was here "Tommin your here i didn't expect it " he then smiled and greeted him with a hug, "The situation has gone the drainage (Literally) " He said to his ally

"But i do know that everything started in the monastery and i'm going to find out whose responsible and bring Justice " he said while walking "Care to join me "

"Sure thing! On one condition..." Tommin said with a smile on his face, "Don't ever hug me like that again."

Pulling his pistol from his right holster, Tommin began to check his weapons were suitable and serviced. Wielding his USP 45, he followed closely behind Ichabod.

As they got closer, Tommin felt the pendant that hung around his neck heat up. Odd... he thought to himself, Something doesn't feel right about this at all.

"Hey, Ichabod, keep on point and stay frosty..."

Valley chased after her as she ran, a crowd of people run in fear in front of him, He tried to see but couldn't over the people, when he finally got through the crowd, The girl wasn't there, All of a sudden a person comes from behind him and puts a chloroform rag on his mouth and nose, a few seconds later he passes out and a huge man grabs him and carries him away

"Wait, why " He frowned but got over it really quick,

Seeing Tommin having his USP 45,"Crap, i forgot my gun in the apartment " He said to himself as he searches his pockets and holster "How could i forgot my gun! " he then put his arm in his face due to the silliness of this "Incident" and just move on with Tommin

Ichabod was just a few feet away from Tommin when his Blood ruby amulet heated like a heated frying pan
"The F*ck "he said to himself and looked at his amulet which was clearly heating up, " What's going on here " He then quickly stopped what his doing when Tommin told him to stay frosty

"Yeah, boss i got it just cover my 6 " deep inside him he knew Sh*t's about to go down!

• Love
Reactions: 1 person

After seeing the strange hooded man run through the crowd, he all of a sudden stopped. Bystanders were angry because he made some of them fall due to his recklessness. "Watch where your going dude!" One guy yells clenching his fist. "Hey you owe me a new phone." Another follows up. No sooner After they were about to close in on him, a strange man walked up behind him and placed a rag over his face.

The crowd looked on thinking this was a cruel joke but things turned different when they saw the hooded figure pass out. The crowd roared at the strange man as he gathered him. "Hey dude what do you think your doing?!" The guy asked looking at him quizzically. The man pushed the man down and through the hood man over his shoulder and rapidly took off. The crowd was quickly behind him. One bystander went to the police officer that was standing by the police tape. Breathing heavily the bystander uttered, "Kidnapping......help....strange man....that way hurry!" The police officer instantly sprang into action as he could see people running after the guy. He reached toward his shoulder and spoke into his radio, "Unit 63! We have a report of a Kidnapping, Male dark clothing, was unable to get his face. I'm commencing pursuit send me back up to the north side sector of the monastery." The police officer immediately took off running after the individual yelling, "Hey! Stop!" This couldn't have come at the worse time.
@justice hunt

A crackled voice emanated from the radio in Tommin's pocket.

"Unit 63! We have a report of a Kidnapping, Male dark clothing, was unable to get his face. I'm commencing pursuit send me back up to the north side sector of the monastery."

With the report, Tommin's eyes grew wide as he looked to Ichabod. "Let's go!" he cried hastily before setting off sprinting to the north side of the monastery. As he shouldered his way through the crowd he spouted the usual, "Police business! Move out of the way! Police officer coming through! Excuse me, police business!" all while pushing people to the side and keeping a sprinting pace.

As the crowd parted a little he grasped his radio in his hands and held it to his mouth, "Unit 63! This is Officer Larson, I'm en-route, over!"

Making it to the scene, finally, Tommin observed the man fleeing a police officer and some civilian members of the crowd who had also given chase. Seeing no point in adding another stop command to the already drowning noise of similar sentiments, he set off in pursuit with as much haste as possible.

Should...not...have eaten...that...burger...before leaving, he thought to himself - even the voice inside his head was panting!

Status
Not open for further replies.