INTEREST CHECK Ancient Legend

Lusterless Nova

Passionate Roleplayer
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per week
Online Availability
A few hours each day, and many hours on Sunday (I need to work like any other bloke)
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
When i am bored i tend to do strange things. Sometimes i just chill, sometimes i cook, sometimes i research various physical subjects that include nuclear energy, and sometimes i let my thoughts wander around.
Last time i was bored i made up a small tale. As i wrote it down i noticed that it would make quite a good rp. Check this out.

Fights have always existed, no matter what era it was. But some of them change history.
One of those fights became a legend. But legends tend to fade and informations can become corrupted. The story of this legend has two interpretations.

Long ago, a Dark Emperor tried to extinct humanity. He used his powers to bring destruction to wherever he came.
Only by luck some managed to prevent death and hid wherever it was possible. It was the darkest time where no one even thought about others. What counted was to survive.
But not all were satisfied to cover in darkness. A small group became the last spark of light in that dark time and fought back.
It took time and a lot of fights, but they eventually won a war all by themselves.
The Dark emperor refused to die though. His powers may have been outmatched, but it seemed like death itself would refuse to take him yet. So he was sealed instead.
On a place that even the darkness fears, that is where he resides.
Should light take over and ruin the balance, release him to bring the world chaos.

Long ago, a Dark Emperor tried to extinct humanity. He and his demon army hunted down the humans without mercy.
This cruel incident was turning slowly into a genocide and humanity was on the brink of being extinct.
But there was yet hope. A small group became the last spark of light in that dark time and fought back.
It took time and a lot of fights, but they eventually won a war all by themselves.
The Demon Lord was slain but the group gave their lives to do so. Only one of them remained. With his powers almost drained and his body unable to take it, he was sealed.
On a place that even the darkness fears, that is where he resides.
The day will come when he will be restored and needed. Release him to bring the world peace.
The rp would play long after this legend but it would still be a Fantasy rp.
Until now i have only a rough idea what will happen, but how about this:
In this timeline, a church has absolute control. Almost all follow it's teachings and only few oppose them because of their power and influence in the world. What only few know is that they hold back technical evolution on purpose to maintain control. This is why science is very limited and new inventions, as well as formulas and discoveries are hidden from public. What only the highest members of the church know is that they are using those technologies behind the scenes to maintain their authority.
They do bring order, but freedom is limited. This legend somehow managed to remain throughout those times.

Some may want to change things, and this legend is the key to do so. The catch: No one knows in which direction this will go if they uncover it.
Who would be interested to rp in this?

Intriguing, but what direction would the story take?
Would the players be... freelance adventurers? Mercenaries hired by the church? A few priests rebelling and trying to change the world? Cult worshippers? Eh?
This seems a little vague, at the moment.

It is a very rough idea. And because of that i need someone to help me plan out things. A co-gm.
From my own guess it can be made possible for the players to choose their own reasons why they try to uncover the truth.