L U C A S
Lucas gently pushed the food around on his plate, taking small bites at a time. The meal was delicious, but he wasn't truly hungry. He ate not to be rude and to sit with the others despite the table being slightly quiet. Almost awkwardly so and that reason probably contributed to the fact that they barely knew one another, even Eden and Ethan.

"Um, how long do you plan to stay in town?" Lucas asked because talking gave him an excuse not to it. Admittedly, it was weird addressing any of the two thespians at the table.

"Ah, a few days maybe." Isabelle answered. Her breathing hitched as if she was going to sneeze, but she didn't. Instead, she covered her nose and mouth."I'm sorry, I think I caught something so I'll just ..." She mumbled something in Spanish before leaving the table.

"Well, on a lighter note I'll be leaving at the end of next week for the Cleveland International Piano Competition for Young Artist. They sent a letter accepting me into the competition."

"That's awesome, why didn't you say anything earlier?"

"Because I got the letter today. While Eden was in jail. By the way, thanks for getting him out, uh, Mr. Carstairs."

Because he honestly didn't know how to address the man and neither did Lucas.

c l a u d i a

"You don't need to thank me," Ethan said quietly as he stared after Isabelle with concern. "I couldn't have done anything else. I couldn't just leave him in there."

Eden blinked but didn't say anything. He wasn't eating, and he simply looked conflicted, like he couldn't make his mind up.

Claudia wasn't eating much, either, but for an entirely different reason. She couldn't. She ate a little, enough of every element to be polite, but she knew she wouldn't just throw it up later and it made her sick to think that, so she pushed her plate away with a mumbled excuse about not being hungry.

Claudia gripped Jenna's hand under the table with one hand and Lucas's with the other.

"That's really cool, Anders," Claudia said earnestly with a smile. "We'll have to come out and watch you."

L U C A S
Lucas quirked an eyebrow at Claudia when she pushed her practically still full plat of dinner away. It was a little bemusing to him considering they hadn't really had anything to eat before because of their concern for Eden. However, he was here now, and okay, he even had his older brother still here, trying to reconnect with him.

So, he didn't know why or what it was, but something must have been bothering her. He decided he'd ask her later and, instead, squeezed her hand gently in response. Unbeknownst to him, Jenna did the same.

"Sure, mom said you guys can tag along if you get permission from your old folks. The entire competition last fifteen days."

"And what's the prize?"
Lucas asked. Though he was unsure if he'd really be able to go. And not just because money issues either.

"I didn't pay any real attention for the rewards for second, third and fourth. But I do know all about first place." He pushed his plate away after finishing the last of it. Out of everyone else, he was probably the only one to eat without a problem. "Cash reward consist of twenty five thousand American dollars, I get to perform with the New York Orchestra with Richard Ashford, New York debut along with a CD on the Steinway and Sons label."

"Sounds like the competition will be fierce."

"You have no idea. People from Europe and Asia are coming for this thing."

c l a u d i a
Claudia was actually really proud of Anderson. This wasn't just some juvenile piano recital, this was a serious competition and clearly an elite one at that. She gave him a genuine smile, just as Ethan fluidly rose to his feet. He clearly looked out of place and like he felt like he didn't belong there.

"Dinner was lovely, Aunt Ingrid, but I'd better go check on Isabelle," he said in an apologetic tone before disappearing down the hall. Ingrid nodded and rose to her own feet and began to clear the table. Claudia and Eden helped her out.

"It's good to have you back," Claudia told Eden as they all conglomerated at the door. He gave her a small smile and a little hug. Soon, Anders had dropped Claudia and Lucas off at her place, since she had insisted he sleep over as she found sleeping alone rather difficult these days.

Claudia lead Lucas up to her room and pulled him into a hug. His presence reassured her immensely, in a way she didn't think he could understand.

"I love you. I don't think I said that today."

L U C A S
Lucas smiled softly, rubbing small soothing circular motions into her back. He pulled back and out of the hug to lean over and kiss her gently on her soft lips. The locking of their lips was brief, but pleasant all the same.

"I love you too,"
He told her, giving her a look of nothing but endearment and adoration. Sometimes, it was hard to really believe she was was his girlfriend and that she loved back just as much.

He cupped her face with both hands tenderly and kissed her once more. He loved her. He never knew true, genuine love until he met Claudia Lightwood.

He pulled back, grabbed her hand and pulled her onto the bed beside him where he laid his head onto the soft pillows. "I wanted to ask ..."
He started before he forgot. But the chances of that happening was slim. "Are you okay?"

She seemed off. He had no idea how or what, but there was something there. He could feel it and see it.

c l a u d i a
Claudia should have known that Lucas would pick up on her mood -- they had spent enough time around each other to know when one another was feeling off. Shit, Claudia thought. She hadn't wanted to worry Lucas. He had enough on his plate without the added stress of her bullshit.

"I'm fine," she told him with a reassuring smile. She rubbed his chest absently as she tried to decide whether or not that was an acceptable lie.

"I guess I was just stressed about Eden," she continued. She decided that Lucas didn't need to know about her relapse just yet. She felt horrible, but she didn't want him to panic about her.

"And meeting Ethan," she said with a humorous chuckle. "Oh, god, I nearly died."

L U C A S
"I'm glad you didn't." Lucas smiled, rolling his eyes good naturedly. He kissed the top of her head softly.

He wasn't too sure her problem was related to Eden at all. But it did seem stress related, and if she was starting to feel better now, he would ask no more unless it called for it. He only cared if she was well or not.

"I'm glad things are starting to take a turn for Eden and him. Even if it's only a little, it's still something."
He added, sincerely. They were the only brothers they had and he didn't want Eden to be hurt so much anymore. To cry or become angry whenever his brother was involved.

It was best to tell a person you loved them because one day you might not be able to.

Lucas closed his eyes briefly and shook the thoughts from his head. He didn't want to sink any deeper into that line of thinking knowing where it would lead. And he did not want that.

"Anyway, maybe you'll get a chance to really talk with him before he leaves since things are looking up."

c l a u d i a
Claudia nodded in agreement. She was relieved that the Carstairs brothers' relationship was improving, because Claudia knew how important it was to have good relationships with your siblings. If she ever fought with her brothers she would feel horrible until the problem had been solved. And she always missed Tate terribly.

"I hope I get to talk to him," she agreed. Ethan was her favourite actor and her second celebrity crush, only after Jace Lesecki. And he was here. In Charmaine. Claudia would kick herself for the rest of time if Ethan disappeared and she hadn't gotten to talk to him properly.

"But if I don't," she mused, propping her chin up on Lucas's chest so she could look at him with nothing but pure adoration in her sparkly blue eyes, "I won't care that much, because I still have you to talk to every day."

Lucas was all she needed. She would never love anyone else when she had him around.

Claudia kissed him softly on the lips and snuggled into his chest, just allowing herself a couple of moments to breathe in the scent of her amazing boyfriend.

L U C A S
Lucas's smile was full of mirth and warmth after hearing his girlfriend's words. Obviously, it was exactly the same for him, whether he met Embry Ashford or Emma Watson or anybody of high and endearing status, Claudia would always be at the top of any and every list for him. It only made sense, he loved more than he did any other person.

"It's nice to know I do in fact hold a higher place in your heart than Ethan Carstairs."
He teased lightly and wrapped his arms around her small body and pulled her close, tucking his chin over the top of her head. His fingers entangled themselves in the ends of her gold hair, twirling the strands calmly and softly. "For a moment there I was a little doubtful."

He breathed out a content breath, happily. He was happy, tired, but happy. Happy for Eden and Ethan, happy he was able to make up with Anders and he was always happy, every day of his life from the moment she sat with him at lunch, that Claudia was in his life. He didn't know where he'd be without her, but he was sure it would not have been anywhere good.

Lucas hadn't believed angels really existed until he met Claudia. She was all the proof he needed. Divine and beautiful.

"I am happy to say you will always be number one, coming before anyone else for me
too."

c l a u d i a
Knowing that Lucas would always love her, knowing that he would always appreciate her and care for her no matter what, warmed Claudia's heart more than anything and she smiled brilliantly, reaching up with her hand to stroke Lucas's cheekbone with affection in her touch.

"And you will always be my one and only."

How could she ever love anyone else? After being through so much together, after sharing so many secrets and kisses and private moments and tears, Claudia doubted she'd ever love anyone more than Lucas Remington-Brooks. She knew she was a teenager and adults would say this was just a phase, but she knew they were wrong. She knew Lucas was the most important thing in her life, and he'd stick around for a while.

Claudia turned on the star projector and turned off the main lights, meaning they were washed in darkness except for the stunning galaxy displayed on the ceiling by the gift that Lucas had given her.

"Oh, that reminds me."

Claudia got up, disappeared into her wardrobe and came out with a box. She carried it up the steps to her bed and set it on Lucas's lap. It wasn't wrapped, meaning that he could clearly see it was a very new, professional-grade camera.

"I got it from my aunt a year ago for Christmas," Claudia explained, sitting down next to her beloved. "I've never even used it. So I thought you could have it, since Edie broke your other one."

L U C A S
Lucas sat on the bed, folding his legs underneath him. He watched her go and return with the box in her hands. He couldn't help but quirk his eyebrows when he read what was inside. But then, she started talking.

He stared at her for a long moment, blinking his eyes once before looking the box over. It wasn't that old of a model seeing how it was made in the year aunt bought it, nor was it manufactured from the same company as his older camera. That, however, did not mean it was bad. No, it was perfect. Brand new and most importantly, it was still intact.

"I, uh."
He started, turning over the box in his hands carefully, knowing how fragile the content inside could be. He wanted nothing more than to open it and test out the device. It had only been a week since he had been without his camera, but a week was long enough.

Honestly, he was unsure of accepting it or not. However, she was giving it to him, and he did not want to refuse. He smiled.

"Thank you."
He leaned in and kissed her on the lips. "I'll put it to good use. Also, you probably shouldn't regift some else gift to you." A light chuckle escaped his lips.

c l a u d i a
"That's what regifting is, silly," Claudia teased, poking her boyfriend in the ribs. "I want you to have it. You need to take pictures, it's in your blood. And I'm guessing you missed it when you couldn't take them."

Claudia gently cradled Lucas's face and leaned in for another kiss to the soft lips. She felt responsible for the destruction of Lucas's previous device, since if she had not been so stupid, Eden would never have broken Lucas's camera after he hurt Anders. It was her fault, there was no denying that.

And she knew that replacing his camera was the least she could do to make up for all the pain she had put him through.

But, this was meant to be a happy day. Eden was out of jail and reunited with his big brother. Anders was going to compete in a very prestigious competition and Claudia and Lucas had made up. So the young blonde pushed the negative thoughts from her mind, tossed out her curly hair and smiled.

"Maybe you could honour me by using me as your model for your first photo on your new camera?" she recommended with a gentle smile and a small chuckle.

L U C A S
"I think you're missing the point about the regifting thing. " Lucas rolled his eyes good naturdedly and continued to smile. Well, he couldn't complain and he wouldn't. He had been given a very much appreciated gift that he would be sure to take care of.

"You want to take one right now?" He inquired raising an eyebrow. He didn't mind doing so at all. And he personally would love nothing more than to take a his first photo with his new camera being her. How could he not? She was the most beautiful thing on earth.

Carefully, he began unboxing his new device and set up the camera, settings and all to his liking. It was still new and and different, so he was still feeling his way around it. "It might not come out as nicely a my other work." He warned her beforehand.​

c l a u d i a
"Even if it isn't your best work, it will still be wonderful because it's you, and everything you do is perfect." Claudia had no problems with feeding Lucas's ego because after so many years of being shut down by everyone around him, he deserved to be praised and loved. And Claudia was intent on making him feel loved.

She caught her reflection in the mirror above her bed. She was wearing makeup, but still looked natural -- foundation, concealer, blush, a slight contour and a little product in her eyebrows to make them look straight. She didn't look too dolled up or glamorous. Her hair sat in its natural wavy state, nothing special.

But she was with Lucas. She felt beautiful.

"How do you want me?" she asked him, standing on the platform her bed rested upon and straightening out her tank to and shorts. She wasn't a model, she didn't know how to pose or even how Lucas wanted her to pose.

L U C A S
"Just ... do want you like." Lucas gestured with his hand, grinning as he did so, almost chuckling. He was happy, how could he not be? Things were looking up for all of them in the best of ways. And he loved that.

Eden was reconnecting with his brother, though, it was slow. Anders had been accepted and invited into a distinguished piano competition. He had a new camera, but most importantly, he and Claudia were together and still going strong. That was the best he could have asked for. He was honestly okay with not having his photography because she was his passion now. He could never see himself without her.

He stood up from his spot on the bed and moved back and away from her a couple of steps, all the while his eyes on the camera. Naturally he readjusted the settings when he was preparing to take the shot. It had to be perfect, he wanted it to be.

Once she had positioned herself, he pinched his lips, his smile having disappeared when he began concentrating. "Okay. Ready ... set ..." With two flashes, the picture had been taken and he was highly satisfied.

c l a u d i a

Claudia quickly found a position for herself, which was just sitting on the edge of her bed and smiling widely. She figured that Lucas would prefer a natural photograph of her than an airbrushed photo shoot, because Claudia might have been pretty, but she was no model.

"Lemme see," she requested, standing up and coming around to see what he had taken. She buried her face in his arm and peeked through her lashes at the image of her that was shown on the camera screen.

"Well, I guess that modelling is out of the question for me now," she chuckled. She was no Candice Swaneopel, that much was evident, but she liked it because Lucas had taken it.

"You could be a model though," she flirted, pushing a hand through his short blond hair with a smile on her face.

L U C A S
"What? Don't even joke like that." Lucas laughed softly, looking away from the screen on his camera where her picture was displayed. Claudia was photogenic in his opinion but it was clear the real deal was better to look at, to be with. Still, he would have the photo printed a d added to his album.

He kissed her cheek affectionately and pulled her down onto the bed with him."I'm no model, I don't have the bravodo or gusto. I'm too shy and awkward." He shrugged his shoulders, looking through the filters of his new camera before setting it aside on her nightstand and smiled at her gently. "I much rather paint the painting than be it anyway."

"Thank you for considering me that good-looking, though."
He ran his fingers through his dark blonde strands, making a somewhat serious walkway face and pose as a joke which was surprisingly real, he only knew those kind of things as a photographer. He wasn't able to keep it up long and chuckled softly. "Yes, I think it's best I stick to taking the photos."

c l a u d i a

"I actually think you're the most gorgeous human being on the planet,"
Claudia said matter-of-factly. She chuckled at his model face and gave him a playful kiss on the forehead.

She was in a good mood, which was odd considering how blah she had felt the entire day. It was testament to how Lucas affected her -- he made her feel so amazing and so special whenever she was in his wonderful presence. She had never loved another human being more.

Claudia nudged Lucas onto his back and climbed on top of him so she was sitting on his crotch and rubbing his perfect chest with a grin on her face. "Though you'd be better as a topless model," she mused flirtatiously, sliding her hands under his shirt and lifting herself up so she could tug the garment off.

Claudia hoped Lucas wanted what she wanted in that moment.

She leaned in and gave him a soft kiss to his lips. "I love you, Lucas."

L U C A S
Lucas's fingers slid from her knees up her thighs to her waist, where he laid his hands on either side. He leaned in and kissed her once more, keeping it slow paced and only pulled back to swallow a gulp of air. He kissed her soft lips once more, brushing back her long strands away from her face.

"I love you too." He softly replied against her lips. Though it was obvious, it was still something that needed to be said aloud and had no problem showing her as well. Everyday, it wasn't work, but an enjoyable necessity.

He smoothly kissed her lips down to her cheek and neck and stopped at her collar bone. His fingers slipped inside her shorts, playing with the waist band. Though he desired her he loved taking their time, enjoying every moment, the touch, the feelings, simply all of it. He pulled off his shirt and flipped her over so she was laying on the bed and he could hover over her.

He only looked away from her to knab the condom from inside her drawer.

c l a u d i a

After a night wrapped in pleasures and Lucas, Claudia fell asleep in his arms pretty quickly, where she belonged. She felt so comfortable with him there, just laying in bed after making love with the man she loved. It was perfect.

But when she woke up, she was coming down from the high of yesterday and a sick feeling settled into her stomach. She blinked a couple of times and very carefully unfolded herself from Lucas's arms. She stood up, put her clothes back on and made her way into the bathroom. She closed the door behind herself and slowly knelt in front of the toilet.

Claudia felt disgusted with herself as she opened her mouth and stuck two fingers down her throat. She didn't have much of a gag reflex after Ryan anymore so she had to work a little to get the vomit to come up but soon she was throwing up as if she was sick.

Why was she like this? She was happy, for Christ's sake. She had her Lucas. She and Anderson were okay, Eden and his brother had made up. Brogen was alive. But when she had thought Brogen wasn't going to survive, Claudia had relapsed and she didn't know how to fix that.

She knew she needed help but she didn't know where to go. She couldn't tell her mother, she'd get hospitalised again. Jenna could only help so much. And she couldn't burden Lucas like that. Lucas who was sleeping in the other room.