Anchor links within a post?

S

SamIO

In HTML I would accomplish this with the <a> element.
Code:
<a name="Test_Header">My Test Header</a>

<a href="#Test_Header">Go to the test header</a>

I could also use this to link to a specific part of a post in other conversations or from other websites.
Code:
You can check out the test header of my post here: https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/0000/page-99#Test_Header

Is it possible to do this using bbCode or some other feature in the post editor?

Edit: Added IDEA tag. Hopefully something like this can be implemented in the future?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you mean the url bbcode? In the post editor bar it is the 'chain' icon, but if you have that toggled off:

Code:
[url=url link] text [/url]

Check the BBCode list to look for more bbcodes that work on Iwaku. I believe there is a bbcode specifically that can link back to threads as well (there should also be one for posts, I think?)

If you want to link back to specific posts you can press the number in the right top corner, or right-click on it to copy the url of said post. If you want specific parts of the post quotes are your best option.

The thing I'm trying to describe is a link to a specific section of a post, as opposed to the top of one. This could be useful for longer posts where I might want to reference a certain subject with a link.

Yeah, in that case quotes are the only option I can think of. I don't know if it is possible to refer back to certain parts of the post itself with the current list of available codes. You will have to reference them back and forth with each other, I'm afraid.

Maybe it can serve as a suggestion for the upcoming updates?

• Thank You
Reactions: SamIO