5. Multiple posts per week
  6. 1-3 posts per week
  7. One post per week
  8. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Will be updated when school year starts. For now, pretty much whenever
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Derek took a deeper breath as he looked up at the moon and didn't transform. That was the positive thing about gaining control of your powers at a young age. He would have been back at the school, but well, after he graduated, he realized he wanted to go to college for a bit and here he was in the middle in the forest.

He hadn't intended to go into a forest, but he had smelled some meat and despite being vegan ( and constantly making his wolf angry) he followed the scent. Thankfully, he resisted it as he munched on a piece of fruit. He needed to just relax. He sat under a tree and looked at the stars.

@Greenie

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Greenie
It wasn't too far away, perhaps half a kilometer or so, where out of the blue a young lady seemed to appear on the forest floor. She was dressed in rather odd clothes for where she was, looking rather foreign. Her skin tone and features showed she was from Southern Asia, though it would be hard to pinpoint where without any further information.

Her name was Ana, and she was a far way from home.​

Ana face claim.jpg

She shivered as she sat up; her clothes were for a much hotter climate, both loose and thin. Well, even if they had been thicker, she would probably have still been cold, seeing it was night in a forest. There was nothing much she could see, so even though she stood up hesitantly, she wasn't actually sure where she would be headed.

Why did I come here? The thought was rather prominent in her mind as she strained her eyes, trying to see more than the darkness allowed. Her hands reached out as she slowly turned around, and after a moment she felt her hand touch something rough. Bark?

As time passed, her eyes adjusted to the darkness, and with the light from the stars peeking through the foliage, she could make out more trees. A forest. Well, even if she was a mere human, her sense of smell had already taken the green life into account; her eyes merely confirmed the information her nose had delivered.

Where did she go from here though? Unsure, the young woman stepped back, making sure there was nothing behind her besides the tree.​

Derek's enhanced hearing noted him that somebody had landed close by him. He wasn't sure what to think of. Had that been a person who had jumped out of a plane or some other supernatural event that happened? He wasn't sure what it was, but it had certainly made looking at the stars difficult as he peeked his curious nature. He walked towards the source.

This wouldn't be the first time he found somebody in the woods.

unknown.png

He was hot, as he had dressed for a colder night, but it seemed that it was warmer than he had expected. It was a good thing that he was a werewolf as his werewolf blood kept him warm even on the coldest of nights. He really wondered why he had even bothered to bundle up. It was something he was never quite certain of honestly.

He walked closer to the source, his mind wondering if his brother would have been so stupid. He had no clue if he was walking toward a bear, a girl, a monster, a supernatural hunter. All were possibilities and he was still going to the source blind. He had fate that it would be fine.

As he continued to walk towards it, he wondered how many others had been in this forest that he had ignored. He had ignored quite a few, but for some reason unknown to him, he was drawn to the strange sound this one time. He hoped that he wasn't making a reckless decision by doing this. He could only hope though.

" Hello? Are you okay? I saw you falling, are you hurt or cold or anything?" He asked, hoping that the person wouldn't attack him for asking questions.

@Greenie

Ana jerked, hearing the voice. Someone in the forest at night? Even if she hadn't been on Earth for a while, it still sounded like bad news. She crossed her arms over her chest, looking a little defensive. She wished there was some sort of light other than the one the sky provided because it didn't really do much good besides helping her not head face first into some tree.

Should she answer the man? She wasn't sure, what if he hurt her? He has already seen me though. It's not like I can run from him. If he's here at night, he probably knows the forest well. She hoped the gods in the heaven above were still listening to her prayers, because she didn't want to arrive on Earth just to be killed only a few moments later. If only Naveen came right away! She didn't fight, true, but she had her own way to keep them both safe.

"I'm not hurt," Ana replied, shaking her head. She stood tall, well as tall as she could at five feet and five inches. "I am cold though. Who are you?" Her eyes narrowed, trying despite herself to see him. "I'm Anaya, Ana for short." She had an accent, that was for sure, but it wasn't heavy and her words were quite clear for anyone listening.​

Derek hoped that he didn't startle her. It wasn't common for a man to be in the middle of the forest at night and he knew that, but he hadn't thought of that when he had approached her. He had been more worried that a girl had fallen out of the sky into the forest. As a werewolf, he knew that a forest was no place for a woman in the night. He hoped that she replied to him.

He was silent, racing through all the bad things that could happen, but he didn't want to accept them. No hunter in their right mind would send a girl as bait, most of those men were better than using women as bait, animals were different. He looked at the ground and ran his hand through his hair as he waited for her to answer. The more time that passed, the more nervous he became about her state of being. It really didn't make sense, but that was life.

" I am glad that you are okay, that was a pretty nasty fall," he said, noticing that she looked undressed for the woods. Before she mentioned she was cold, he took off his green jacket. " Here, take my jacket. I'm Derek. I live out in these woods, in a cabin not too far from here. Never been much for big cities, I just prefer the outdoors and don't worry about me getting cold, i'm warm-blooded."

@Greenie

"Oh, it wasn't too terrible..." Ana had more landed than fallen, really, and more than anything, she was cold. She blinked in surprise when he offered the jacket. It was a little embarrassing but cold won over and she quickly pulled it on. It was warm from Derek's body heat, so she had to keep herself from not snuggling against it. She did hold it close as she listened to what the man was saying. It was strange, but she felt as if she had heard this voice before.

How though? Though she could speak it easily enough, she hadn't had any English conversation with grown men for years now. It was always Hindi or the rare Sanskrit. English was only with Naveen so that the monkey demigod would be able to communicate with others when they came down to Earth.

"You live in the forest?" she continued. "Uh... is it okay if I stay there for the night? I'll be gone when morning comes. Also, where is this place? Is this still near that school, Miraculum?" Was it the same forest from which she had been taken when she was only a toddler of two years old? She wondered if her sister was still here? No, she why would she? She was an adult, she was probably off somewhere, probably married with kids she'd bet.

How many years had passed, however? The kind man had told her that time in the heavens could run differently than on Earth, sometimes slower, sometimes faster, sometimes at a standstill.​

Derek was relieved that she wasn't hurt in any way when she had landed on the floor and he hoped that she accepted the coat. When she took his jacket, he smiled when she put it on. It was nice to see that even though he was in the middle of the woods, he could still help people with their problems. It made him incredibly happy. He wondered why she seemed familiar to him. Was it possible that they had met before and he just didn't remember it?

It seemed impossible as he hadn't met many people outside of women that his uncle had introduced to him and the few females he had met during his years in the school he had gone to for high school. He wondered how she knew English so well, but he knew better than to ask her outright. Everyone was entitled to their secrets.

" Yeah, I live in the forest. I would be fine for you staying the night. It isn't exactly close or far to Miraculum. It is just outside of the forest that surrounds the school. Though, it could be consider the same forest. I never bothered to see if the two interconnected with each other. I mean, they might." He wondered how she knew about Miraculum. Was she also a supernatural creature or was she one of the humans who went to the school by accident.

He wondered if he had met her in the past. He felt ashamed that he couldn't place her, but time was tricky when you died, came back to life and then had to leave home. It was his life though quite honestly.

@Greenie

• Bucket of Rainbows
So he knew of the school. That was a good start at least. Ana let out a sigh in her mind, glad that there was some sort of lead. She wished the gods or at least the kind man would have given her some insight in... anything really. But it was very literally as if she had been dropped in a new world with only the clothes on her back. Well... she wasn't going to die at least... hopefully.

"I only know what I've heard," she told Derek after her pondering. She paused once more, wrestling the thought of whether she should tell him more about what she knew, her background, her sister's name. Maybe he'd take her to meet Nisha? It was hard to tell. What's the worst that can happen that probably already hasn't? Good question Ana.. Even in her mind, she sounded sarcastic.

"I used to live there for a bit," she informed Derek. Her arms tightened around herself; while the jacket kept her warm, she was still feeling a chill from before. "I was just a baby though. I'm told I died in this forest. The gods took me up to the heavens where I lived until now. My time with them is over though since I'm a human..." Her voice trailed. Being a human in the heavens wasn't a bad deal, but down here? She knew there were dangerous creatures, and of course, rakshasas. Perhaps she had been one once, but all that had been purged from her at her death and when she had been lifted.

"I had a sister," she finally added, her hands clenching, though the movement was hidden in the large jacket sleeves. "Her name was Nisha, she was Indian too, maybe you heard of her?" Her heart raced a little at the idea of seeing her sister again.​

Derek was surprised that she was so quiet, but then again, if he had just fallen out of the sky, he would also be trying to process everything that had happened to him and gather as much information as he could do. There was nothing worse than not knowing about where you were or who you could trust. He had already had that feeling and he knew that he also hated it.

There were a lot of people who had heard about Miraculum and not all of them were good. There was Richard White, his uncle Hunter and they had tried to kill him. His mother had heard of the school and tried to murder him and his brothers. He also couldn't help but think of the friends who had heard of the school, but that was all in the past. He needed to focus on the present, the here and now.

" Wow, I have never met anyone who used to live there. You were just a baby... and you died in the forest," he said, feeling like he had heard that before. Could it be the same Ana that he had attempted to teach to swim and who ride on his back? Was it the same little Ana? Nisha had mentioned that her sister had died in the forest, but where he came from dead meant dead. But then again, Nisha had explained to him that she had been taken by a nice man up to heaven and would eventually come back. He has always thought of it as a story that a grieving sister had told herself, but did she mean it?

" I remember you. Well, I remember back from when you were little. I mean, I know your sister. We.. it's been four years, you just got so big." It seemed that he was a little flustered and surprised that it was the same Ana. It had to be to her. Right?

@Greenie

• Bucket of Rainbows
Ana blinked at Derek. He... knew her? Well, what were the odds of that? She supposed it wasn't so odd, seeing he knew the school. She had been told that the school, while active, had been somewhat secluded and hidden. It'd make sense for someone who had been there to know most everyone else's name, right? Like the villages in India where she'd occasionally visited Naveen, where everyone knew everyone else.

"Now that you mention it..." If she thought really back, she could remember something. A glimpse of herself crying... and then a face... a face with much more hair than it had right now. She couldn't remember the features, unfortunately, she had just been too young.

Wait... four years?! Four years only? That took a moment for Ana to absorb. Nisha had been what... seventeen when she left? If only four years had passed, then wouldn't that mean that her sister, who was once fourteen years older than her was now simply two years older than her? It was enough of a shock to have her stumble. No matter how the years had passed for her, her big sister was someone she remembered almost clearly. Her voice, her reassurances while she had bad dreams...

A coolness on her face made Ana realize that one of her eyes had just shed a tear. She reached up and rubbed both of them in a hurry. "Why are you still here... no wait. It's cold here... if we could go to your place?" Maybe once she was more comfortable, she'd be able to process information a little easily.​

Derek blinked back at her, wondering if she remembered him. If he remembered correctly, and his memory was spotty at best, she couldn't have been older than two. He couldn't remember much about his life before his death, so it wouldn't surprise him if she didn't remember him and he wouldn't be mad in the slightest. It had been four years for him, but it looked like it could have been about sixteen plus years since she was here.

Derek was surprised that she remembered him and their past. It hadn't been once, but a few times, but he was certain that she didn't remember everything. She might have remembered her encounter with him, but she wouldn't probably remember that he was a werewolf.

He realized now that only four years might shock her, but his mind was focused on something else he remembered. Something kind of funny that he wasn't sure if he remembered well. Hadn't she said that she would want to marry him if she was older? He remembered that she had tried to get him with Nisha, but thankfully, she and the other guy had settled together. He was so focused on his own thoughts that he nearly missed that she had asked him a question towards him and a decision.

He noticed that she had cried and he felt saddened that he had not been able to comfort her. He wasn't stupid and noticed them, but she choose not to comment on them. " Yeah, we can go back to my place, it is probably much warmer than the forest at night. It's only about a good three hundred feet away, just follow me," he said to her.

@Greenie

Ana nodded and followed after Derek, head low so that she would trip over any sticks and stones littering the forest floor. It pained her that she really couldn't remember much more than he had mentioned to him. All of her life had simply revolved around others, in a warmer place, a crowded place. Nothing like here. Even with her human nose, she could clearly smell the difference in the air. There were other things she noticed as well, like the material of the jacket she was wearing. It was nothing like she had felt before. It wasn't better or worse than what she had worn, just different.

Would she have to change now that she was back on Earth once more? Would she no longer be allowed to sing and dance? Doubts were creeping in her mind, so much so that her feet were practically walking on their own accord, mind no longer really paying attention to where she was headed.

It had been decided from when she was brought up to the heavens that she would be returning. There hadn't been a set year; it had always been a very casual affair after the more serious events, namely her death, had taken place. Yet when she had been told, it was all too sudden. She hadn't understood why, but she had been quite eager, especially hearing that her friend would be joining her soon. Now she just didn't know anymore.

Stop, just stop. You're thinking too much. It'll be fine. This is your world. Not up there.

It was a while before she spoke again. "How well did you know me?"​

Derek looked back and noticed that she was paying attention to the ground to make sure that he she didn't trip. He watched out for trees for her so that she and a piece of nature didn't have an unfortunate meeting with each other. He wondered if things would have been different if he hadn't found her. Would a monster have found her and would she be dead again? If he was right and he was almost certain that he was, she was only human and that meant she was very suspectible to dying. Humans were very fragile and death was one of the easiest things for them to do, either accidently or on purpose.

What had happened to her while she had been dead? Was being dead a happy place or was it true that you don't remember much about it? He remembered being dead and then not dead. He didn't remember Heaven and he hadn't been changed. For about a year though, he had stopped aging though.

It had been decided from when she was brought up to the heavens that she would be returning. There hadn't been a set year; it had always been a very casual affair after the more serious events, namely her death, had taken place. Yet when she had been told, it was all too sudden. She hadn't understood why, but she had been quite eager, especially hearing that her friend would be joining her soon. Now she just didn't know anymore.

For a good year, he had stayed at the age of 16 and hadn't aged a bit. It was a weird sort of thing that he never bothered to explain to anyone. Today would have been his 21st birthday, but ehh, not aging had made him forgot that he had lost a year of his life. He didn't want to explain that to Ana. It may have actually been five years since she had been here, but losing a year of his aging made numbers slightly blur for the werewolf. So did most time.

Derek looked over at her. " I would like to say that I knew you well enough. I did take care of you a few times, taught or attempted to teach you how to swim. I was saddened by your death. We were friends I think."

@Greenie

Ana looked away from the ground and up at Derek, head tilted in curiosity. She moved a little forward so that she was walking a little more to his side rather than behind him. "Looks like you knew me well enough. It's... that's nice to hear. I thought Nisha would be here, so when you said she was gone... well you can imagine." She didn't really expect anything from him, but it was nonetheless comforting to know she had a friend of sorts around this place.

"You tried to teach me to swim?" Ana couldn't help but laugh at that. "Well, I can't say I remember any of that. I hardly know how to swim right now, even doggie paddle as they say. I have a friend who can... well she's a dog after all, though she can actually become human too." Her amused expression turned somber, however, thinking about her death. She had been too small, and it had been too sudden. Only as she grew older did she realize what sort of impact her sudden death, revival, and ascension may have affected those who knew her.

"Sorry about, well, sorry you felt sad." It was a rather lame reply, but she couldn't think of what else to say to that. "I'm glad that you thought we were friends though... you can tell me more about this place, this world, the people here. Um, if you want." She blinked at him, giving a hopeful smile before continuing. "So, do you have other siblings, family? Other people who know me?"​

Derek smiled when she looked up at him. He felt good when people looked at him at eye level. It was a weird thing, but he felt better that he looked at him. " Well, I mean, gone isn't exactly the right word to use. Sorry, I am so used to referring to people as gone because I don't hear from them, but it can also be taken as the person being deceased and as far as I know, your sister is not gone in that capacity, but I also haven't exactly talked to her recently, so I am not positive either."

" You wouldn't, I imagine. I never did get around to the teaching part of teaching you to swim. It kind of evolved into you riding on my back to the deep side of the pool, so there wasn't much swimming involved. I did try though," he said, chuckling at the memory of her riding on his back. It was good to remember the reasons he loved swimming and not the reasons it had gotten him fired from his job. There was always a silver lining to remember the past, but he took a breath and decided what to say next to her to not seem insensitive to her in way or form.

" It's fine. You couldn't have known that I would be sad after you were dead. You were only two years old. I am sure I did a ton of selfish actions when I was two years old." He was surprised when she asked the next question. " Yeah, I do remember others and I do have two brothers, one older and one is my fraternal twin. Both aren't around. I believe Peter is still around too," he said.

@Greenie

It was a relief to hear that Nisha was still alive and kicking. Ana could somehow find her, hopefully. Maybe if the school was still open, the principal could tell her. She'd heard he was some Greek God, Hades perhaps. It didn't sound too scary though. As for swimming, that was something she could always learn at some other time anyway. It wasn't like they were surrounded by water at the moment. Which she was grateful for, truth be told. It was cold enough as is. She hoped she would get used to the weather change soon.

Her curiosity piqued, hearing he had a couple of brothers, one of them a twin. She didn't know what fraternal meant, but she refrained from asking, not wanting to seem stupid. "I guess you already know my family. Nisha. I had a mother but she died when I was born. My father was a rakshasa, he was the one who killed me. I'm told someone killed him after I died..." She wasn't too sure about the details.

"That's all the past though!" Ana took in a deep breath before letting it out slowly, smiling a little. "It's the present and future that I'm more interested in right now." She winced slightly, her hand moving down to her stomach. "You wouldn't happen to have something to eat... would you?" It may have sounded rude, but apparently crossing through the realms of the gods back to Earth was a hunger-inducing feat.​

Derek was silent, looking over at her and hoped that she didn't want to go back to Miraculum. It was indeed the easiest place to get information on people, but it also meant dealing with his brother Hades, and he wasn't too keen on doing that, over his past. He hoped that she took him on his offer to teach her on the art of swimming, it was something that was important to know and who knows if they would have to sail places. He had no clue where Nisha was, but he had a feeling that they might need to take a boat ride, but he wasn't sure.

Derek did indeed know her family, but he didn't know much about their location and he felt horrible about that, but he wasn't about to say that aloud. He looked over at her and wasn't sure who killed her father, but he knew that he wasn't that person. He couldn't imagine a family member killing him to get what he wanted. He silently listened, not certain what else he could make of the conversation she had.

" I don't have any meat in my house, but I do have a ton of fruit and vegetables when we get to my house. I have apples, grapes, bananas, cherries, strawberries, corn, carrots and a lot more. I also have some lettuce if you want that. I could also make you a meal if you want that, but that would take a bit longer. Also, we're here," he said, pointing to the house that was in front of them. It was a nice-looking house. He opened the door and pointed her towards the kitchen.

@Greenie

"That's fine," Ana replied, more than relieved to see a house. She had to admit she wasn't expecting a nice looking place in the middle of the forest; she had thought that at most it would be a shanty hut or something like that. "I like meat but most of the time I eat fruits and vegetables, lentils, beans, flatbread... that sort of things. Many, many Indians are vegetarians after all." She loved her dairy products though, and there was no way she'd give up on eggs.

She entered the house tentatively, a little unsure of what to expect. The house wasn't made of stone or concrete like she was used to, rather it was wooded. It seemed smaller from the inside than it did from the outside, most definitely different than she was used to. However it was charming and smelled good, and frankly, anything was better than sleeping outside at night in an unknown, dark and creepy forest.

Ana headed in the direction Derek pointed her. The kitchen was once more not what she was used to; even at night and in the dim light she could tell that much. For the moment she didn't care though, quickly locating one of the fruits he had mentioned to her, a banana. Now here was something familiar! Well, kind of. She was used to bananas being smaller than the one she had. Nevertheless, neither she nor her stomach care, and soon enough it was peeled and in her stomach.

"You have a nice house," she said after she was done, only the smallest bit embarrassed that she hadn't said anything before eating. "Thanks for the banana." She was still hungry but decided it could wait until the morning.​

Derek wondered what Ana expected out of his house in the middle in the woods. He hadn't expected this beauty and when he first found and bought it. His inner wolf growled. The only problem with being a vegetarian and a werewolf was one small important detail. Most wolves are meat eaters and as such he had to be careful what he ate. He looked over at her and smiled when she said that she was also a person who could live without meat. He didn't count cow products since they didn't come directly from killing the cow.

He took a deep breath, before he looked at her, debating if he should watch her get the food or to wait here to show her some in and outs of the house. He had a working stove and a bathroom ( it may be wooded, but he wasn't going to an outhouse at night and risk becoming a werewolf). He looked over at the couch and sat on it as he waited for her. Maybe he should change his shirt,, it did get hot in the house.

Derek looked at the TV and then at his gaming console. It was hard to believe that this house supported half the stuff he had placed it, though moving that bed upstairs had nearly broken the stairs and would have if Jason hadn't flied it up. He waited for her to come back, so he could show her where the guest room was. He was thankful he had been smart enough to make one so he wouldn't ever have to sleep on the couch, unless there was more than one guest visiting the house at a time.

" You are most welcome for the banana and thanks. I haven't lived here for very long, but I try to make it as homely as possible for myself and anyone who has visited. Do you want to see the guest room?" He asked her, wondering if she was tired.

It was a bit of a while before Ana was finished eating. Apples, bananas, grapes, and some carrots... all the sweet food she could find in the house. She had a sweet tooth, after all. She did notice the stove, and she knew how to cook as well, but who wanted to do that after travelling from so far away?

She chuckled in her mind, knowing the thought was silly. It wasn't like she sat on the plane or anything. Still, may as well pretend she had since her body and mind seemed tired of the entire event. She headed over to the sink and washed her hands and face before drinking some of the water as well. It was quite tasty, not at all like the water she had drunk when she was visiting Naveen's village a few years ago.

The suggestion of seeing the guest room was a welcome one, and Ana nodded in response. "That would be great," she said. Maybe a little sleep would help her focus and decide what she had to do. Everything was clearer after a little sleep... and of course, when it was actually day and there was light outside.

"Uh, you don't mind showing me around the area tomorrow?" she asked, looking up at Derek. "I obviously can't remember much of anything around here. It'd be nice to see around here before I decide where to go." She left out the part about not knowing what she was even going to do when she left for wherever.​

Status
Not open for further replies.