Status
Not open for further replies.
Derek looked over at her and remembered how stubborn she was. He wasn't going to argue with Ana. He didn't think it matter if she was two, eighteen or younger. He doubted he would ever make her change her mind now that it was made up. Maybe it was all going to Mir for so long, but he had learned that there was no point to changing a woman's mind either.

He doubted that she would stay with him forever, but he hoped that he could help her. He really hated to imagine her out on her own without much help. He honestly was very worried about that too quite honestly.

" Trust me, whenever I saw my first line, I didn't believe it was so simple to buy my clothes. I expected there to be some sort of twist that I would have to deal with. Time is best to making things better," he admitted to her with a smile.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jacob looked over at her. " It is rather complicated to be quite honest. Appearances, personalities, tendencies, habits. They are all ingrained when I transform into another person. As for this form, I hate coffee in it. Can't even stand the smell of it. But when I am Jamie, she can't function without having three cups of coffee. Problem is I don't know where I end and she begins. Things start to blend and merge. I'm pretty sure I'm Jacob, but who knows?"

Jacob looked over at her for a brief second. " Derek has mentioned it once or twice, but it isn't close or far from here. I think I was a student there... though I am not certain about it, would you like me to help look for your friend?'

@Greenie

Ana thought about that before giving Derek a smile. "I know, that's probably true." She took a breath before sauntering forward, acting in a manner as if she had always visited department stores and waited in lines. In fact, she was just copying the girl who was last in the cue, though Ana did decide to leave out the rather annoyed look on the girl's face as she tapped away at her smartphone with rather long and sharp pointed nails. She stared at them momentarily before moving a couple of inches back, stopping just in time to not bump into Derek.

"I was told when I first arrived at... well up there, that I had a hard time getting used to everything." Ana had been only two, but a toddler had enough sense to know when things were different. With Nisha always there, she would know her sister both by scent and sight as easily as herself. "Everything was so different. Even if I had everything I would ever need, I didn't have what I wanted, and I didn't know anyone or how they did things." She paused, a little confused with where she had been going with her conversation. Hearing an irritated sound from the girl before her brought her back to the topic. "When I was old enough, I just decided to copy everything others would do. It made it easier for me. I mean, even if they I didn't know what I was doing, others thought I was getting along just fine."

She pushed a strand of hair away from her face before lifting a shoulder in a shrug. "I want to do the same here but I don't know if that's possible, or if I even want to."
She looked back at Derek, eyes questioning. "I mean, aside from waiting in a line." She chuckled a little, causing the girl in front to give her a look before stepping forward as the line moved up.​

***​

Naveen thought about it a moment before grinning. "I guess it doesn't matter as long as you're alright with who you are!" While it was odd, she didn't think she'd be averse to becoming a completely different person.

His answer to her second question caused her some excitement. "Really?" She clapped both hands before letting them fall to the side. "That would be great! When you're free of course!" She knew he was at work so she hardly expected him to just up and leave. "I can wait in the corner, or outside if you want."

Derek Knight

Derek smiled back at her. He felt good that she felt better about him helping out and actually appreciated his advice. He had expected it to go poorly. He noticed that she was mimicking the woman in front of her in the cue- minus the annoyed look in her face. He really got annoyed by those type of people. He however, kept his cool. The last thing he wanted to do was to freak out over an annoyed teenage girl who was playing on her smartphone. He was grateful that she made sure that she wasn't trying to bump into him. It felt nice to have some space.

" I can tell you that I had a similar situation when I was first turned into a werewolf. I would try to copy other wolves and occasionally other werewolves that my uncle brought to me and I thought it was easy for me, I guess it worked for you, but I can't say it worked so well for me, but it did teach me a valuable lesson. It's better to be yourself than to try to be another person. I learned that very young and it is a good thing I did too. Did you ever think to tell them that you weren't doing as well as you pretended to be? I think it would have been a good thing, if you did. My uncle always used to tell me that the fear was all in your head and that everyone is willing to help you if you just asked. I wish I had applied that more often, but you can't live in the past no matter how hard you are going to want too."

Derek looked over at the girl and resisted the urge to give a wolf growl at her for giving Ana a look. " I think you should do whatever makes you comfortable, Ana. If you are happy trying to learn, you should try to learn. I can teach you some things. Like how I taught you to swim when you were little. That went well. I never did get to help your sister swim hough, sadly."
Jacob Riley

Jacob smiled and was happy that she understood what he meant. He did like it when he was the others, even if they weren't exactly him. They were just as much him as anyone else was. He looked over at her with a smile.

" Yes, really. I am free right now. I usually get my drink and just browse forums to kill time. I have been trying to write a novel about my life, but it hasn't gone too well. Actually, quite honestly, it has gone poorly. Like, not kind of poorly. It went very poorly. I can leave now, maybe the inspiration will come when I help you."

@Greenie

Ana nodded as she listened to Derek. He knew this world and these people better than her, so it would be stupid not to take his advice. Besides, even if he didn't, despite her not wanting to burden him, he seemed like a nice person who she could rely on even if she didn't need to.

Once they left the shop, she started to speak. "Maybe I could learn to swim again," she said aloud, looking up at him. She thought a moment eyes narrowing. He mentioned he was a werewolf... had she ever seen him in that form? It would be cool too, but she didn't want to be disrespectful and as him to change just to sut her fancy.

"Who's your uncle?" she decided to ask instead. From the way he had mentioned him in the shop, Ana could tell he probably respected him. "Your mother's brother or your father's? Does he live near here too? Is he also a werewolf?" She wasn't quite sure if people were born into werewolf families or just became them.

***​

"Alright, that sounds good to me!" Naveen clapped her hands a couple of times before stopping. "I do not mean that it's good that inspiration has stopped!" She didn't want him to get the wrong impression. "What I mean is, sometimes a change is helpful."

She started walking even as she continued to talk. "I was having a hard time too, figuring out what I wanted to do... I didn't have much that others did. But then I realized since I'm a demigod, I do have magic as well. So... why not use it in something I am good at that could be useful?"

Smiling, she snapped her fingers and took a couple of dance steps, humming softly before stopping, realizing she was still in the shop. "Ah, that was silly. I apologize!"

Derek looked over at her for a brief moment as she listened to him. It was so weird to him that he had so much more life experience on her. Despite looking eighteen, the passage of time had screwed her. It was something he had never considered before. How different time could be for other people besides himself.

Derek smiled when she mentioned that she would like to learn to swim again. " It would be more of a refresher, but I wouldn't mind teaching you again. I was excited the first time and it is a good thing to know. I wouldn't mind teaching you a thing or two again, I like teaching people," he said, looking over at her before he looked at the ground again.

Derek took a deep breath, considering how to answer her question first. " My uncle is Terra Knight. He is actually both my father's brother and my mother's brother. He's a half-sibling to my father. My mom and him were close though, growing up and believing they were siblings, while my dad and him share the same father. He's a demigod- a son of Gaea. He is not a werewolf, I'm the second after my cousin also named Derek."
***​
Jacob chuckled, understand why she had corrected herself so quickly. She believed that he would be insulted, but he was fine with what she had said. " Variety is the spice of life after all. It's always good to help someone out and move things along though."

Jacob followed her and smiled. " That is life for you, it is always you trying to figure things out and working from them. I can honestly say it is pretty common with most people my age, finding themselves. But yes, it is a good thing to make your gifts useful as growth is always good in a person."

Jacob chuckled again. " It's okay, nobody in this town is going to judge you for things. I learned that as soon as I got here. But yeah, be you. I think it's great you feel so comfortable."

@Greenie

Ana thought about it a little before blinking. "Oh, okay," she said after a moment. She had gotten a little confused at the relation between the uncle to Derek, for a moment thinking his parents were siblings. However, that was short lived.

"Gaea?" She wasn't sure who this was now. "Who is this person? I feel like I've heard the name before..." Maybe along with learning more about this world by asking people, she would do well enough by reading things. When she was in India, she did quite a bit of reading, but not really on other cultures and mythology, rather on more major events that happened to bring herself up to speed.

"Are they one of the teacher's in the school?" she continued, a wrinkle growing on her forehead. Now that she thought about it, she did recall the name, but she was unsure from where exactly.

***​

Naveen was still somewhat embarrassed, shrugging slightly before heading for the door, a little bit of a rush in her feet. While she didn't do anything too silly here, the fact was that she had been sent to earth from the heaven's because she got too caught up in monkey business told her that she really had to keep a leash on herself.

Once she stepped out and breathed the fresh morning air again, she found she could finally relax. She turned back to see if Jacob followed. "I feel too comfortable sometimes. It may be better to be on my toes... not in a dancing way though!"

She chuckled nervously before sniffing at the air. "Now where could she be..."

Derek was happy that he had clarified for what he had meant. Sometimes he would make the mistake of making one thing to sound like another, specifically when it came to his parents. Technically speaking, his mother and father were related in a complicated way. It was the Greek and Roman mythology.

" Gaea is the Greek goddess of the Earth, one of the original three made from chaos along with Tartrus and Eros. After that, she gave birth to a son and then said son conceived twelve children with her, one of which being my father. So in a roundabout way, Gaea is both my grandmother and my great-grandmother. I think one of the other students had Gaea had a mother. So technically speaking, he and my uncle are related as half-brothers."

Derek frowned, not sure why he had started to dig into Greek mythology, but he knew that it occasionally happened when asked about Greek gods. He wished that it didn't happen so damn often though.
***​
Jacob didn't mind the goofiness. The man who had been around for as long, but also as short as him, time was weird. He was so used to being weird and to seeing weird people through different lenses that she seemed normal. He was so used to it, that he didn't even bat an eye, smiling as he walked outside the room with her though.

Jacob breathed in the fresh morning air, happy that he was experiencing a new day with a new friend. It made him very happy though. " I think it is good you feel comfortable around the town. I do think you should always be wary too though."

Jacob looked at her. " Who exactly are you looking for again?" He asked her again.

@Greenie

Ana blinked at the explanation before chuckling. "Well, that's actually easier than the relations between the gods where I come from." She pushed a few stray strands of hair away from her face before looking up at Derek. "It's hard to explain it though. Thankfully I don't have that as my lineage. My mother and father are both dead. My mother was a normal human being, my father was a rakhshasah. He tried to kill me when I was a baby."

He had actually killed her, but she didn't want to mention that part. "I already told you about Nisha. I don't have any other siblings besides her, but Naveen is like one to me. He or she should be here... I'm not sure what they are right now. I hope not a monkey though!" She didn't want to imagine the poor thing being caught and sent off to some circus or zoo.

She smiled a little wistfully. "Sometimes I wish I was more than just a human, then I bet I'd already know where Naveen was!" She let out a slight huff before shrugging. "But I guess any sort of race has its own troubles."

"Ah, I'm sorry, I haven't told you yet!" Naveen paused in her steps and turned around gracefully to face Jacob. "My friend, Ana! She once lived here, when she was very small, in the school called Miraculum! She had a sister there too I think. I don't know much else except it's for people like me and I guess people like you too. People who aren't... human." She said the last part after a pause. She knew Jacob wasn't a normal human, but that didn't mean he wasn't one. She really had to think more before speaking it seemed!

"Uh, Anyway, my friend is taller than me." Deciding it'd be best to focus on finding Ana, Naveen began describing her. "Her skin is the same as mine, she has longer wavy hair and she's very, very pretty!" While Naveen was nice looking herself, she was more androgynous rather than the feminine Ana.​

Derek looked over at her and had to chuckle when she mentioned that it was easier than some of the relations between the god where she was from. It was always interesting when he realized that his life wasn't so complicated when it came to other lore. " I imagine it is. Gods always make things more complicated than they need to be. Also, Ana that is horrible that your father tried to kill you," he said, trying to keep a positive image in his mind.

When she mentioned that she had nearly killed her, he remembered the truth since Nisha had explained it to him. She had told him that a nice man took him with her and he had assumed the worst. He took a deep breath and raised an eyebrow wondering what she meant about her friend being a monkey. He was rather confused about that quite honestly, but was too stubborn to admit it.

Derek looked over at her. " That's as much as the truth as anything else. Every race has their own problems that they have to deal with. That is the truth of the matter." He tried his best to remain calm as he looked to see if he could find a scent or anything that smelt close to Ana around.
Jacob looked over at her and took a deep breath and paused when he heard the name. For a brief time, he had gone there, though his memory of his time there was fuzzy at best. At that time, he believed he had been transformed as Diego Summers. Though his memory of the time was blocked, he wasn't certain. " I have heard of it. I actually think one of the time I shapeshifted, I was stuck in a form and couldn't control myself around the time. I think the form was called Diego Summers, but the time was fuzzy there. I do remember a lot of supernatural creatures being there."

Jacob took a deep breath and pulled out a sketch book and listened to her description of her friend. In this particular form, he was a good artist and was able to draw well. Once she had finished, he held up the paper to see if it looked like Ana at all. " Does this look like your friend or do I need to do some more details?"

@Greenie

"I guess it was, but what I'm most sad about is that I was taken away from my sister." Ana couldn't imagine what Nisha might have had to go through, being all alone in the world now. She knew it had to be different for her, she had the gods and Naveen. Who did her sister have? She couldn't remember anything aside from very vague memories.

She continued on quietly now. She wasn't particularly lost in her thoughts, but she was more worried that poor Naveen probably ended up getting lost somewhere in transition. Even though Naveen was supposed to keep her out of trouble, it was usually the other was around.

In the distance, someone paused during their daily walk, looking at Derek and Ana. He recognized the male but not the female, though something inside made him feel as if she should know her quite well.​

"That sounds scare, being stuck and then not remembering anything from then!" Naveen was quite grateful that whatever form she took, her mind was always the same. Of course, being who she was, there were usually consequences due to her personality, even if it didn't change.

She was happily distracted from those thought however, looking at the sketch that Jacob had drawn. Her eyes widened as she stared at it; it was very much like how Ana looked! Sure, all the details weren't there, but that was simply because she knew her friend like the back of her hand.

"This is perfect!" It was a compliment but also the truth. "I think anyone should be able to find her like this!" She gave Jacob a big grin as she started walking once more, feeling even more hopeful she would soon find Ana. "Maybe you should work for the police. I saw on tv once a show where they had someone drawing just like you did, by hearing the people describe the bad guy!"

" I can imagine that would feel horrible. Actually, honestly, I know that feels horrible. My twin brother died when I failed to protect him. Luckily, he became an angel and I was still able to see him, but it wasn't the same. Our aging is still off because he only ages once in a while and that's when his charge ages. It makes it complicated to hang out without getting comments."

Derek remembered that he hadn't seen either of his brothers in a while. It felt weird knowing that both Adam and Jason were out there, but he didn't see them. It made him kind of sad. God, he wished he texted or talked to them more often than he did. They were all family after all.

Derek felt like he was being watched, but he wasn't sure by whom. He wasn't sure why he felt that way, but he knew that either meant somebody good he knew was watching him or somebody who wished to harm him. He wasn't sure which was worse.
" I wouldn't call it scary as much as unsettling. It is almost like you are a passer by in your own body is the best way to describe it. I never know what the other forms do and it makes some encounters awkward later on. A kiss from a girl and then becoming a guy throws some dates horribly off."

Jacob looked over at her and wondering if he had done a good job at drawing the sketch. Was his picture really that bad or was it that good? He couldn't tell and looked over at the ground, frowning, hoping that it was the good option and not his worse fear come to life. He really hated being disapproved or embarrassed in public.

Jacob smiled, happy that he hadn't screwed up in drawing the picture. "
I am happy that you approve of my drawing. I would work for the police expect for the fact that I would have to explain my power and then would also have to explain why I shift. It's why I mostly keep to writing and drawing online. I could draw a sketch if you want me too. I don't think I'm the next Picasso but thanks for the compliment."

@Greenie

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Greenie
"Even if he became an angel, that's still terrible." Ana couldn't begin to understand what either Nisha or Derek would have. Especially a twin? That sounded even worse. "I'm sorry you and your brothers had to go through such troubles."

It seemed to her just being a normal person was much better than having any special powers, or being anything different. Then again, she was all human now, yet she still had problem, namely the one with her not knowing what she was supposed to do now that she was back on Earth.

It was hard not to remain morose, but she managed a smile. Things would look brighter and better once she found Naveen. She wanted them to be anyway.

Meanwhile, the person who had caught sight of Derek and Ana decided to head in their direction. As he came closer, Derek would probably recognize the once kindergarten teacher from the school, Kirn.​

Naveen had never been kissed or anything like that, but even she could imagine that a fun day out with a special someone would end up rather weird if said person was continuously turning into other people. Maybe for gods and goddesses it was easy enough; she knew her own father had different avatars. As a person living with other human though, it sounded rather troublesome indeed.

"Picasso?"
Now that was a name the monkey shifter wasn't quite familiar with. She blinked at Jacob before taping at her chin, wondering who he might have meant. "Who's that? Someone here? In the school?"

Derek couldn't argue with Ana. He had always found it terrible that his twin brother had died and he had become an angel. He had never been the same after it. He wasn't sure how to respond to Ana's apology to him since none of them were her fault.

It was good to know that somebody felt sorry for him, but he had never seen that before on a person who wasn't family. To be fair though, Ana was the first person who he opened up to about the pitfalls of his family too. He wondered if she was happy to be back on Earth though.

Derek was happy that she managed a smile on her face. He didn't know why, but he felt good that she was happy about herself. Maybe things would be better.

He turned and recognized who was approaching them. Though it had been a while, it was hard to forget a person like Kirn though. He was silent, waiting for the other man to speak or finish hos approach towards the,
Jacob wasn't really one to dump his problems on other people though. He was surprised that he had opened up so well though. He really wished that his life was simpler, but sometimes, there were just things that couldn't be changed and his shape-shifting was one of them. He looked at the ground, uncertain what else he could say to the other woman without sounding too awkward about it though.

"
Wait, you don't know who Picasso is? He is one of the most famous artists from our past. Was a minimalist, made some beautiful simple art. It was amazing. I'll have to show you some of the art after we find your friend."

@Greenie

Ana looked up at the approaching man, a little confused as to why someone would be coming their way with such a familiar and purposeful look on his face. She also had to admit to herself than the fair haired man was probably one of the prettiest person's she had ever seen.

"Uh..." she started, though she didn't continue as the man stopped near them, a smile on his face.

"Good morning," he started, looking to both Derek and Ana. "I'm Kirn... I don't know if you remember me, but I certainly remember you two." He pushed a lock of loose golden hair behind an ear before continuing. "I have to admit, I'm surprised to see you here... you're Ana, right?"

"I am, do I know you?" She was unsure of what else to say.

"In a way," Kirn replied. There was a hint of sadness in his eyes which seemed to disappear as soon as it came. "I used to teach in Miraculum. I was the kindergarten teacher but I also used to take care of the smaller ones in the daycare... that's where I met you. I believe you used to spend time there too, right Derek?"

Meanwhile...

Naveen let out another awkward laugh, her lack of knowledge of the western world and the world in general a little more apparent than she would have wanted it to be. "No, I don't! I'd love to see though, I'm sure it's probably very exciting!"

She paused a moment before looking further ahead, realizing she was getting rather easily distracted. "Maybe she headed to the school?" she wondered, a hand to her chin as she thought it over. "Do you know the way, Jacob?"

Derek was trying to remember who he was, but after so much time away from Miraculum, he wasn't able to recognize someone by face alone. It was something he used to be good at a few years ago, but sometimes, he barely recognized himself in the mirror these days. He took a deep breath though.

It was a breath to keep himself on guard and looked over at the smiling face warily and uncertainly.

"
Good Morning." Derek wasn't certain who he was, but he had been raised to be kind to everyone that he met though. He paused when he heard the name Kirn. The name sounded familiar, but he couldn't quite place it entirely. It was definitely someone he knew from the school though, he hadn't made many new friends outside of one here.

Derek noticed that he had a look of sadness on his face and he wondered why that was. " Ahh, it was Miraculum that I recognized you from. Yeah, I stopped by there a lot to keep up with the kids, both when I was a student and my short time as a swimming coach. Sadly, it had to come to an end. I can't honestly remember you, but I am sure that I liked you since you are so kind," he replied with a soft smile on his face, uncertain what else to say.

Jacob looked over at her with a smile and didn't say anything as he didn't want to scare her. He closed his laptop and put it in the bag that he was using, uncertain of what to make of everything that had happened, but he was excited to be able to eventually show he Picasso.

Jacob looked over at her before he thought about. " I don't honestly know the way to Miraculum from here, but I do know some who knows the way there. His name is Derek and he leaves in a cabin not too far from here either," he replied.

@Greenie

Status
Not open for further replies.