Status
Not open for further replies.
Derek hadn't expected her to eat so much food since she had taken a while and he had checked up on her. She ate everything that was sweet in the house, every little thing that could be potentially sweet was gone and he wondered if she was super hungry from falling from the heavens. He knew he was when he first came back to life.

Derek was sure that he had felt as bad as her when he had first came back to life. Everything felt new and beautiful after being somewhere else. Even if it was just a few minutes for you, there was always a part of you that wanted to go back there and another that wanted to take all the things you took for granted. Food, water, the sun and even the woods. Nothing was the same after dying and he knew it shouldn't be.

Derek was happy that she had taken his offer for the guest room as he really didn't want to offer his bed. His room was windowless and it gave him less of a chance of turning into a werewolf then the guest room. He smiled and was happy that she wanted to sleep. He knew he didn't want to at first though.

Derek lead her to the guest room and turned back to her to answer her question. " I can show you around the area tomorrow. There isn't much too see in the woods, but there is a town not far from here that I can show you. It's small and nice and most of the food that is there is really good," he replied to her.

Ana nodded, smiling. "Sounds good to me," she told Derek, feeling a little better. A town sounded much better than a lone house in a forest. Not that she was ungrateful for what she had right now, but it would be nice to see other humans, maybe even buy some new clothes that were warmer than the ones she had right now.

Of course, buying clothes meant she needed money, which she most certainly didn't at the moment. She wasn't sure how she would deal with that, but that was for tomorrow. For now, bed awaited her, and she was quite happy to say good night to Derek and climb into bed, hurriedly snuggling underneath the blanket. It wasn't long before she drifted off, dreaming of people who she could no longer remember.

Meanwhile, in said town Derek had mentioned, a newcomer was standing outside a shop that was now closed. They looked at the words curiously and then peeked inside. It seemed like a bakery, and their sharp nose could smell the treats that were inside. Sighing, they resigned to the fact that they would have to wait for tomorrow before getting a bite.

"I wonder where Ana is," they murmured as they walked away from the shop, heading over to a bench. As they sat down, it seemed as if a tail curled around their waist, staying out of the way from being sat on. "Well, I suppose I'll find them in the morning!" Saying that, they leaned back against the bench and looked up, eyes widening as they gazed at the different constellations shining in the night sky.​

Derek couldn't remember the last time he had been into town for anything other than food. The good thing about this small town was that nobody questioned where you got your money from. Why they didn't see you more often in town- this small town was great for hiding and staying safe. He hadn't even run into any hunters while there.

Derek would probably give her some money to spend for clothes. He had a lot of it from teaching at the school and when your uncle has hit it big, he also shared some of the money with him and his brothers. He wondered if she would let him do it. He hoped she didn't argue with him. Nothing was too much to spend for a guest in his house. He always liked to help people who were in need. That would never change.

He laid in his bed and stared at the wall. The windowless room was his own precaution and while it was depressing, it stopped him from turning into a werewolf on the night of the full moon and sometimes, other nights. He turned on his TV and watched a channel without any news and after a while, he fell asleep for the night and woke up early the next morning.

As the sun rose over the dawn, Derek had started to cook some breakfast for him and his guest. He was a big eater and always went all out for breakfast. He did eggs, waffles, pancakes, toast and even some fruit smoothies. He liked cooking early in the morning as it made him feel good. He finished the food and placed it on the table and waited for Ana to come down as he brewed a cup of tea for himself.

@Greenie

The smell of the food was what woke Ana up. She took in a deep breath, a smile playing on her lips as she opened her eyes, slowly sitting up as she rubbed the sleep away with the back of her hands. It didn't smell like anything she might have eaten in India, which was fine by her. She always liked change, and good food was good a change as any.

She slipped out of bed and quickly fixed the pillows, sheets, and blanket. She was used to doing that sort of thing. Just because she had lived with gods and goddesses didn't mean she was actually treated like one. It helped in situations like this if she was being honest with herself.

Leaving the room, she quietly made her way through the house, finding the bathroom, where she freshened herself considerably, washing her hands, face, and cleaning her teeth. After doing so, she unbraided her hair and ran her fingers through it, trying to get rid of all the tangles. It was a painful job, and even after she was done, her hair still looked rather sleep tousled. Well, at least it didn't look too horrible. Her clothes would have to stay the same, rumpled and wrinkled from having been slept in.

She headed into the kitchen next, a grin on her face. "Good morning," she greeted, heading over to the table. "Sorry I woke up late! I should have helped you out with the breakfast making... although I'm actually not sure what any of this is." She chuckled a little before looking at the food. "Oh wait, these are eggs... and hmm... that looks like a dosa." She was pointing to the pancake. "It doesn't smell like it though. Is it sweet or salty?"​

Derek was trying his damnest to not wake her up, even though he knew that his cooking might have done that intentionally to say the least. He hoped that she was a morning person. He hadn't always been a morning person, but he had become one over time. It also became slightly easier for him to do these things when he wasn't waking up naked in the woods.

The man was happy that he had found a way to mostly tame his wolf side. He couldn't remember how horrible he felt when he found out he had chewed out a bunny and spit him out. There was nothing worse, especially when he realized that bunny was his bunny. He was lucky he had a necromancer friend and the bunny was revived.

He currently didn't own said bunny as he had left it with his family when he went to teach at the school. The last thing he wanted to do was to police the bunny and the students at Miraculum to not kill the bunny. He figured it would be better if he cut out the middle man in that situation. He was already dressed and ready to go out, as he wondered if he should have brushed his teeth some more- but he didn't know why that thought had occurred to him. It wasn't like he like Ana or anything like that sort.

Derek noticed her grin and smiled. He was happy that she had enjoyed her sleep. " It's fine that you woke up late, you were quite the ordeal yesterday. As for the food on the table, I made French Toast, toast, some pancakes, eggs, waffles and a fruit smoothie or two. I tend to overdo it when I have guests, but you can help yourself to whatever you want. Also, to answer your question about the pancake, it is neither sweet nor salty in flavor."

Ana nodded as she took in what he said, eyes jumping from one dish to the other. She finally settled down on a chair after filling her plate with a little of everything, as well as filling half a glass with one of th smoothies. She took in a huge breath, said a little prayer in her mind, and dug in. First was the French toast. She didn't know why it was called French, but she was too engrossed in the taste to ask. The rest of the food was delicious as well and by the time she finished eating and drinking, Ana was stuffed.

"That was really good," she told Derek, slightly ashamed that she had waited until she was done to give her compliments. She quickly stood up, reaching down to gather all the dirty dishes. She didn't want to seem like a spoiled person used to servants. Even if she took what others gave her, she didn't want to over impose on others either.

"I'll wash the dishes," she stated, stacking them up and taking them to the sink. She had to figure out which was which before starting, not having really washed dishes in a sink like this before. "Uhm... so after we're done, is it okay if we go to the town you mentioned?" She hoped she didn't sound rude, but she was unsure what more she could do here without becoming an imposition.​

Derek himself sat down to eat his food, as he watched her go from one dish to another and took a bit of each food. He thought he was only a big eater as he took a smoothie drink for himself and the remainder of what was left on each other of the food. He was happy that all of his food had turned okay and nothing had been burnet. He felt full himself once he was finished with everything. He probably wouldn't go too big for lunch, that was how most of his breakfast, abnormally large and left little room for lunch.

" Thanks for the compliments on the food. I have been making it for a while," he said. He would have argued with Ana when she gathered the dirty dishes, but then he remembered how stubborn she was and decided against it. Yes, that was back when she was two, but somehow he doubted that she had changed too much over her time there.

" Okay, if you need any help, I can assist. Left is the hot water and right is the cold water," he said to her, as he wondered if he could at least dry the dishes. He always felt bad that if he didn't help after the cooking. " Yes, we can go into town. I need to get some food anyways and well, you are going to need some clothes. You can't wear those every day, " he said to her with a smile.

"Uh, um, thanks." Ana's cheeks turned a hint of red, embarrassed that she needed help in figuring out which tap did what. Soon enough she had a nice stream of warm water flowing. She washed her hands before setting to soaping and rinsing the dishes. It was actually enjoyable after a while, and by the time she finished, she was a little disappointed she didn't have any more dishes to wash.

She turned his way, wiping her hands on a kitchen towel as she did, not wanting to drip water all over the kitchen floor. "I can't huh..." She looked that at her clothes, noting they were probably different than the clothes people wore on this side of the world. Would she had to change her style? Well... if that's all they have here, I can't make a fuss. She could still dress girly, she supposed.

"I'm ready to go now if you want," she told him once she hung the towel to dry. She guessed her would probably tell her she could stay at his place temporarily, at least until she was making money. It was uncomfortable having to rely on someone else but she would make do. For her part, she'd try her best to do what she can by helping around the house.​

Derek looked over at her and didn't comment on the fact that she didn't know the water nozzles, as she had literally just fallen from the sky. He didn't know how they did things back where she came from and he was not one to judge others. He looked at her for a brief moment and wondered if she was sad that there was no more dishes for her to wash. It wasn't the strangest thing he would have ever seen.

Derek wasn't about to comment that her fashion was different than most, but he was sure that they could find clothes that fit her and her style. He looked over at her for a brief moment and wondered if she wore clothes that were different or similar back where she was from. He also should invest in some new clothes, he may had ripped his a few times with some forced shifts to remain stable.

" I wouldn't mind if you stay at my place, there isn't much other places and the town doesn't have an inn or anything to be honest. Maybe after we can get you some money or even before, I could ask around if any of my friends could help us locate your sister. Also, I am ready," he said, as he was already dressed and ready to go. Better to go before night. Easier to control his shifts.

@Greenie

"It doesn't?" Ana was surprised to hear that, but she supposed if it was that small a town, perhaps there was no real need for an inn. Was there anyone who generally lived around the area then? There had to be normal people with normal houses, right? Not that she would call herself normal by any means.

"I'm grateful for your help," she added when he was finished, bowing her head slightly; she didn't want to him to think she was taking this all for granted. That said, she headed to the door, opening it and heading outside. It was a much different sight than last night. The sunlight made everything seem friendlier, including the thick foliage on the trees. She smiled when she heard the chirping birds, feeling much more comfortable than the previous night.

"Lead the way," she told Derek with a grin.

Meanwhile, Naveen had awoken from his slumber, feeling rather stiff and achy after having fallen asleep in a bench by the side of the road. He yawned as he stood up, stretching painfully, feeling his muscles and joints protesting.

"I better find someplace to get all cleaned up," he told himself.​

It had thrown Derek off at first too. A town that had no way for guests to have a place to rest, but over time, he had figured out why. The townspeople were very accomdating and there were houses for sale and rent in the area. Most of the people in the town lived above their shops and the rest weren't inns as much as rent a home.

Derek smiled back at her and wanted to tell that she should think nothing of it. He had always loved helping people and making sure that they were safe and happy. The town wasn't for everyone and it was better this way. There was something beautiful about the forest in the day time. There was no looming danger and even the bird were tweeting to show that everything was calm. He always found the forest the best part of these small trips into the town for items.

" But of course," he said with a grin on his face.

As he led the way, the town came into view. It wasn't a small provincial town, but wasn't a city either. In the distance, there were a ton of houses, but sitting in front of them were a ton of shops for Ana to browse in. There was about three different clothing stores.

" So, which one of these shops do you want to go into first?" Derek asked.

@Greenie

Ana thought about it, a hand to her chin as she looked over the shops. Once again they were quite different than what she had seen in India. For one, they were much cleaner looking and less dust infested. And of course, there were fewer people and animals as well. All in all, it was unusual but definitely something she could get used to.

"Uhm..." Her brown eyes scanned over the shops once more. Well, she might as well get another set of clothes for now, so that when one was in the wash, she would have something else to wear. No matter how generous Derek was, she couldn't take advantage of that generosity except for the bare minimum. She fiddled momentarily with a loose bang before walking to the nearest shop and pulling open the door.

Inside was warm and friendly, with racks of different and unfamiliar clothes. There was pretty much nothing that seemed like the clothes she wore, but she did recognize jeans and t shirts. She had always thought of those as clothes boys wore though, not girls.

Meanwhile, Naveen had managed to find a small cafe that was actually open. She entered cautiously, unsure if the owner or whoever was working there would be fond of someone using their facilities without actually buying something. Well, there was nothing else for her to do so she hurried past the line of patrons by the counter to the bathroom. She couldn't meet her friend whilst looking unsightly and disheveled.

Derek looked over at her for a brief moment, not sure what to say to her until she picked a ship. He knew which one was the best one and which was the worst, but he wasn't about to tell Ana. He could pay for either of them and he wanted the choice to be hers and hers alone in the long run quite honestly. He waited for her to choose.

Derek watched as she scanned the shops once more and noticed that she was looking over at her. She picked the nearest shop which is argueably the best of all the shops. They had reasonably priced clothes that were all in good quality quite honestly. He followed her into the shop, wondering if he should help her start off. She was used to the clothes from back home that she wore, so this was probably a culture shock to her.

Derek looked over at the clothes. " If you need any fashion advice, I can give some. Boys and girls wear jeans here as do we share other clothes. If you want the dresses, they are towards the back. The better ones are towards the front, the worse are further back. Would you like me to show you?"

A young man, possibly no older than 19 looked over his computer screen and looked at Naveen. He ran his hands through his hair as he stood up and crossed his arms. " Miss, please stop. It's not so much you have to buy something here as much as there is someone else in the bathroom right now.... and they have an episode. I'm James Jacob Riley, but most of my friends call me Jacob. They should be out soon."

@Greenie

"That'd be nice, if you could..." Frankly, as cool and collected as Ana wished to appear, she didn't have any clue about shopping for clothes, or even something as simple as milk. Things like that had been taken care of. Her hands clenched a little as she realized how she didn't understand basic things down here on earth. She probably seemed like an idiot, and it would only continue, wouldn't it?

She drew a slow breath, focusing on her task so that the sudden stinging in her eyes didn't become anything more than that. "I like bright colours," she finally said. "Uhm, flowery clothes! I don't mind wearing jeans, as long as they aren't uncomfortable." She looked throw the racks before pulling out one pair of jeans, a faded blue that seemed about her size. "How's this?" She held is against herself and looked down, somewhat unsure.

Meanwhile, Naveen had the look of a trapped... monkey on her face. "Ah... really?" She looked abashed but managed to hide it after a moment, giving the fellow a bright smile as she pushed her hair down somewhat. It still looked very mussed and straight out of bed, but at least it was a little more effort on her part. Her tail meanwhile was twitching nervously, so she quickly wrapped it around her waist.

"I'm Naveen," she replied. "I slept outside last night, waiting for a friend! I'm not sure where they are right now but I did wish to meet them in a state that I looked proper." She realized she was babbling and quieted, noting that some of the people in line were staring at her. "I'll wait right here..." She huddled next to the wall, humming to herself.​

Derek didn't mind helping someone else out when it comes to clothes. He was no fashion guru like his gay brother or even Maya was, but he knew enough to pick out clothes that would be comfortable to Ana, or at least he hoped that he could. " I have no problem with helping where I can't," he said, as he looked over at her, hoping that she didn't feel too badly about her situation at hand.

He walked wit her and looked to see if he could find any colors that matched her criteria that she had sent forward. He checked and found one or two to remember for later if there was nothing else to be found by her. He looked over at the pair of jeans that she had picked out and smiled. " Those look really good. The faded blue is a style and it looks really nice. I think it would look very nice on you," he said, being entirely honest about her choice.

Jacob looked over at her with a smile and nodded. " Yup, it's about this time every day that they have one and then emerge fresh as ever. It usually ranges from a few minutes to an hour. Today, based on how they entered the room and the fact it had been half an hour, it is one of those hour one, so, you probably got another good half an hour before they get out of there," he replied back to her, sipping some tea.

" It's nice to meet you Naveen. ... oh I'm sorry about that. You must have gotten here rather later if you slept outside. Most of the people are nice enough to let others reside in their homes, even complete strangers. The beauty of this town is there are always a ton of abandoned houses when tourist season isn't around. Are you hungry?" He asked.

"Thanks," Ana replied, glad her choice wasn't weird and actually made sense to choose. "I guess I should find a top that goes with this." It took a little while before she finally came across a lovely white blouse with red flowers and green leaves. It was slightly tropical in looks but would probably look good with her skin tone. Either way, she was quite happy with it and wasn't about to change her mind.

As for shoes... she looked around at a couple of shelves, noting the kinds that they had. She didn't want anything fancy, especially seeing she'd be staying in the forest house for at least one more day. At last, she picked out a pair of simple black slip on shoes, along with a pair of socks from a nearby bin.

"Uhm..." Slightly sheepish, she looked to Derek. "I think that should be enough." She didn't want to overspend his money by accident.

Meanwhile at the cafe...

"Oh, it's no worry," Naveen replied with a chuckle, shaking her head. "I did come late, yes, but I'm used to sleeping outside. I'm not always in this form after all... I would have gone to the forest but I'm unsure if there are dangerous wild beings there..." She stopped her rambling and nodded. Yes, she was hungry indeed. "First I'd like to use the washroom though... if that's okay..."

Derek smiled at her happy that she liked her choice. It could have looked horrible, he would have said it nice. But the pants she had picked was drop- dead gorgeous in his eyes. He looked over at the dress and smiled. " I really like your choice in the dress, looks like it suits you," he said, being honest. He liked shopping in general and shopping with Ana had been great since she knew what she wasnted too.

He watched as she picked up the shoes. He could tell that she liked them. One pair of shoes, one pair of pants and a shirt along with socks. The shoes could be recycled if they need too, but she was going to need more than one pair of socks, shirts and pants. He honestly didn't mind spending the money on her.

" Are you sure that is all you want? Only one of each thing. It's okay to get more than one. I got more than enough money," he admitted.

Meanwhile at the cafe...

Jacob looked over at her with a smile. " Huh- do you change into an animal or a different person? I can honestly say that you wouldn't be the only one who has that ability. I have four different forms, two male and two female that I transform into, though I could try more. I would be fine if you have to go the restroom." The woman in there had finally left, her breakdown through it would seem.

@Greenie

"Yes but it doesn't seem right buying too many things off someone else's money..." Ana looked doubtful, unsure whether she should just take the offer being presented to her. He seemed nice so far, but didn't people do things because they wanted something out of it? That's what she always saw in the villages when she and Naveen would visit.

"Maybe just an extra pair of each," she decided after a good while of thinking. She'd pay it off once she found a way to make money. Decision made, she pulled up another pair of pant and socks as well as more embarrassing undergarments, making sure to hide them under the bulk of the rest of her clothes. She looked over the shirts and decided she quite liked a printed t-shirt with an Om sign on it; it reminded her a bit of home.

"This should be enough," she told Derek, giving him a smile. "And no more!" Her voice was insistent, knowing he'd probably urge her to take more.​

***​

"A moment first, please!" Naveen would gladly have answered Jacob's answers, but the lady had just come out and she didn't want to have an accident. She rushed into the washroom, exiting a good five minutes later, looking both relieved as well as less disheveled; it seemed she had washed up and patted her hair back with water before exiting.

"Sorry about that." She looked embarrassed and covered it up with a chuckle. "I can turn into a monkey, and I switch from boy to girl whenever I wish to." She rubbed at her chin thoughtfully. "I wouldn't say it's a different person. Naveen is Naveen after all, whether boy or girl."

Derek frowned. He didn't see it as charity and felt that it was the right thing to do. He liked to help people. " Honestly, I don't mind, most of the money I use for this isn't important is extra anyway," he replied back to her. Between teaching and also helping the other Jacob with his nightclub back near the school, he had earned extra money in spades. Enough to feed a small family.

Derek was happy that she decided to take an extra pair of everything since he couldn't bear the thought that she wouldn't. He looked over at her and smiled brightly. He was happy that she had gotten some extra clothes and smiled at her. He did need an extra outfit or two himself. He had kind of ripped one of his during a shift a while back. He grabbed a pair of shirts and pants to buy for himself and also took a pair of boxers, tucking them under the clothes.

" If you are certain that this is all that you want, I won't push you anymore," he said to her. He looked around the store. before pointing to the direction of the register.

Jacob looked over at her and didn't want to see her have an accident and let her go to the bathroom. As she went, he ordered a second round of coffee for himself. He was thirsty and he also ordered one for the other woman who had gone into the bathroom and smiled when she finally got out. He wondered how she liked her coffee. He had gotten the barista to bring a milk container and sugar too.

" It's different for me. I am mostly Jacob these days, but my other forms are entirely different people. Jimmy, James and Jamie are all unique and different from me. I guess that the curse of being a shapeshifter who can perfectly mimic another person is that you can't retain yourself as them. Lost my self for a while when I did more than four shifts to other people."

@Greenie

While Ana realized he was just being helpful and kind, and probably did have enough money, she was adamant in her decision about not taking anything more, at least in the clothes department. She was quite stubborn, much more than her elder sister. Besides that, if she was to live on Earth, she'd eventually have to figure out how to deal with things by herself.

She'd give herself a few days though, because otherwise she'd just be foolish. For now, however, she would stay with Derek, hopefully with Naveen by her side, if she managed to find the demigod.

"Yes, I'm pretty sure," she replied to Derek, following his finger to look at the register. What was that? It looked like other people were there as well, in a line. "Oh, that's where I pay." She felt a little silly not realizing that at first.​

***​

Naveen stared at Jacob as he explained about himself. "That sounds very complicated," she said he finished speaking. "I don't think I would be able to keep track of so many different people in me!" She laughed a little before tilting her head curiously, a whole lot of questions in her mind. She would have probably asked them if she didn't remember she had to find Ana. But how?

"Ah, Jacob, if I may ask one last question." Her forehead wrinkled a little as she thought of the names. "Do you know a school here called Miraculum? My friend might be there but I don't know how to get there."

Status
Not open for further replies.