An Old Rivalry Made Anew

Gold's lip curled and eventually he stopped fighting, albeit reluctantly. "Congratulations," he spat. He wasn't one for taking losing lightly, and to lose his first bout with Silver here was humiliating. "You get one, out of a dozen. Now get off me."

"Good to see you're accepting defeat," Silver smirked smugly before getting to his feet, then have Gold a light kick to the teen's side. "Better luck next time." He moved the hair out of his face, clearly glad about his 'win'.

Gold winced at the kick and sat up, massaging his side a bit. "Take out that dumb ponytail," he muttered. Yeah, it was a horrible comeback, but his pride was wounded, and he'd take what he could get.

"Aw, was that supposed to hurt? Tch, pathetic." Silver rolled his eyes before getting back over to his bed and unpacking. "And since you asked me so nicely...hell no." But now that it was mentioned, he kind of wanted to take it out. Ugh.

Gold rolled his eyes as he moved back to his bed, smirking as he noticed a bit of a change in his rival. "Heh, now you do, though huh?" Let the psychological warfare begin.

"Not at all," Silver answered smoothly, though his brow ticked in irritation. "I wear it like this all the time now. If anyone should think about changing their hairstyle, its you. Shaggy and unruly isn't attractive, Gold."

Gold snickered, leaning back on his pillow. "You kidding? Girls back home love it. My last girlfriend, Whitney, she always said she thought it gave me an edge. Your hair...it makes you look like a girl."

"I do not look like a girl." Silver shot a glare over his shoulder as he put his clothes away. "Whitney probably didn't have any standards, just like you. Female with a heartbeat, that's all you require."

"Well, why do you think I doubted your masculinity earlier?" Gold smirked at him, but pursed his lips at Silver's next quip. "Please, I'm not a lech. I just can't help that women find me attractive."

"I don't know, maybe because you're a complete asshole?" That last notion had him smirking though. "Well, since you'll mostly be around guys here, I guess you won't have that problem anymore. Enjoy."

"Or maybe it's because you are painfully whipped?" Gold now glared at his roommate, sitting up. "God, don't remind me. Looks like I eon't be having too much fun here with a vunch of guys."

"Whipped? Yeah right." He rolled his eyes once more and flopped onto his bed. "Does your life revolve around women or something? Sounds like you have a complex, and like you're the whipped one here."

"No, my life doesn't 'revolve around women'." Gold crossed his arms. "Why, isn't there some girl out there thst likes you? Some really seord, messed up gidl who actually finds you attractive...?

Silver fought the urge not to roll his eyes again. "Other way around, oh smart one. I'm not interested in the dumb school girls I'm surrounded by. You have virtually no standards, so you wouldn't understand."

"I do too have standards!" Gold jumped to his feet, hands balled into fists. How was he going to go the whole year without killing this guy?! "You'd be singing a different tune if someone actually showed interest in you, but that's never happened, huh?"

"Could've fooled me," Silver snorted, opening an eye to peer at the boy looming over him. He had to play it cool cause truthfully, Silver didn't have much interest in girls. "Gold, please. Do you actually expect your lame comebacks to get you somewhere?"

"I-you...! Urgh!" Gold pouted and fell back on his bed. What an asshole. The least he could do was give him a reaction...whuch he was giving Silver instead. Whoops.

"Oho, that was a good one," Silver sneered, arms folding under his head. "Can't you see how wounded I am? I think I need a tissue for my tears."

"Will you shut up?" Gold rolled onto his side, facing the wall, more irritated than ever. This had to be the worst day of his life.

"I'll think about it. But now you know how I feel, all those years of you never shutting up." Silver smirked, yawning and shutting his eyes. Now we be a good time to catch some sleep.