An Important Thing About Being Cold

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had sudden snow out of nowhere today. I wanted to cry in despair.

Fuck the cold.

This so much when that happens to me I am so irritated

I've never technically seen a weather related school closure, but a fair deal of snow related bus cancellations. We always treated those like snow days because teachers can't teach a class properly if half the class is missing.

The administration of Northern Wisconsin is so efficient in terms of snow that at most, we'd have two hour bus delays. Everyone and their brother own a plow attachment to their truck. Things are just that fucking efficient here, snowfall needs to be crazy for us to be phased by it.

Now snap-freezes, those are a different story. Essentially that the diesel fuel used by the buses will gunk up and gel in low temperatures. I remember a time in college when my car battery froze to the frame of my car and I had get it towed into a shop just to be thawed.

Wind is the other threat here, combined with our rain and we'll get freezing sleet that can really fuck with anyone unlucky enough to be caught outside.

27C is warm here.

20C and below is hell on earth.

12C is common winter weather, also known as rest in peace my fingers and nose.

Canada's just the right temperature for me right now.
A bit cold for other people, but I counter act that with the heat my PC makes.

Normal people's warm is my annoyance though, cause my PC turns that into a hot day.

27C is warm here.

20C and below is hell on earth.

12C is common winter weather, also known as rest in peace my fingers and nose.
I WANT A 12 DEGREES WINTER D: Sooooooooo jealous. T-T

I don't thrive well in the heat. Most months of the year, I have to wear shorts because of how uncomfortable I feel in pants. I get so worn down by how over-heated I get, and it's worse if the weather is warm. Have to have a fan breathing on me whenever I sleep too because there's a chance I'll over-heat under the blanket I'm using. I go through every summer scared as shit that I'm going to have another heatstroke.

So yeah, the colder the better. I'm a Frost Giant.

You sweet, sweet summer child.

No I come from Liverpool. To be honest I like the fair weather 80s. That's in the Spring and Fall, when its not too hot, but not too cold

Bring on the cold!

It's 50 F here today, and it's perfect. Anything above 70 F is too hot and I try to avoid clothes and touching things and going outside.

60F is a beautiful springtime high temp.

Anything above 85F is unbearable.

[spoili]

vBXUOIX.png

[/spoili]

Sadly, I live in the south, and my spring has been anything but tolerable.

Status
Not open for further replies.