An Idea and a Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Boop

Original poster
Hey. I'm a new user here, and I was wondering why there isn't any features according to saving threads. I'm scratching my entire head right now searching for it and I thought if it isn't implicated yet. If you find it, please post a comment, it'd REALLY help a Metric ton and a half.

Also, could you also add a feature where you can upload your OWN images? I'm getting really tired of posting all of my images on my Google Plus account just to copy the image URL and add it here. I'd take millions of weight of my shoulders and would save me a LOT of time.

That's it for now I guess, everything is working great!

Hey. I'm a new user here, and I was wondering why there isn't any features according to saving threads. I'm scratching my entire head right now searching for it and I thought if it isn't implicated yet. If you find it, please post a comment, it'd REALLY help a Metric ton and a half.
Save as in download or make a favourite's list?
Because you can always click "Watch Thread" above the OP.
Also, could you also add a feature where you can upload your OWN images? I'm getting really tired of posting all of my images on my Google Plus account just to copy the image URL and add it here. I'd take millions of weight of my shoulders and would save me a LOT of time.
I second this. But also should note as an alternative you can upload a file with your post.

Example:

Attachments

• 10930068_10153925180923266_7348819282434582774_n.jpg
    10930068_10153925180923266_7348819282434582774_n.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 1
Save as in download or make a favourite's list?
Because you can always click "Watch Thread" above the OP.
I meant as a way to internally save a thread you are making (for example an incomplete roleplay thread) into the website so if you close the internet program you are in (Chrome) and open it again, ready to continue making the thread, you can go back to work quickly. Is this clear enough or do I need to explain more?

I second this. But also should note as an alternative you can upload a file with your post.
I saw the attachment file when I was working on a roleplay I'm making, but what I want is something other than an attachment. Kind of like an image that is used as a sign.
To make a very obvious example, please click on the spoiler:
iaokpceYt8zUoo-li1Xm-o3CwgsNWKqt-SDWReqM9pM_4jI-9ROb_xjoIe-gi6b34yvR=w1366-h768-rw-no

Bla bla bla Info stuff.

See what I mean?

I meant as a way to internally save a thread you are making (for example an incomplete roleplay thread) into the website so if you close the internet program you are in (Chrome) and open it again, ready to continue making the thread, you can go back to work quickly. Is this clear enough or do I need to explain more?
Oh, you mean saving a thread before it's even posted?

Yea, I can definitely see the use in that. Seconded.
But to suggest an alternative in the meantime, you can make a blog post, set it so no one can see it and just save it there.
I saw the attachment file when I was working on a roleplay I'm making, but what I want is something other than an attachment. Kind of like an image that is used as a sign.
To make a very obvious example, please click on the spoiler:
iaokpceYt8zUoo-li1Xm-o3CwgsNWKqt-SDWReqM9pM_4jI-9ROb_xjoIe-gi6b34yvR=w1366-h768-rw-no

Bla bla bla Info stuff.

See what I mean?
I get what you mean.
I was just pointing out an alternative until such a feature can get implemented.

Thanks. You helped a ton. Now all we need to do is just wait to get these implemented.

As Gwazi pointed out this is what the blogs can be used for ^.^ You can make them private by selecting "List of Specific People" and only listing yourself. The alternative is taking a risk with the fail save in the editor. No matter if you're posting a thread or posting a reply the editir box will save a draft of your work but for 24 hours and no longer. Keep in mind the draft is for instances where your browser crashes while your typing up a reply and not meant to be used as an actual, reliable, draft-save.

Remind me to thank you two later.
I'm seriously contemplating over draft save. I'm gonna make a blog right now.
THANKS A NUTELLA!

Reactions: Noctis the Devious
@Boop

What I usually do when I'm drafting a roleplay thread and don't want to post it yet is create a private Inbox Conversation with a friend and use that to work on the WIP. As long as your friends aren't irritated by the inbox spam, it works like a charm to get everything just right until you can copypasta it all over to a new public thread.

@Boop I like to draft all my RP posts and things off-site on a Word document before I'm ready to post them. This would also be a solution, if it works for you.

Getchoself some Sublime Text, fools. Tabs, autosave, and you can program it to close your code for you, I believe (I haven't figured that one out yet).

That way, the indent code doesn't muck up every time, and it's a little easier. It doesn't have preview, but we do have a testing forum as well. It's not private, but it's a great sandbox!

I don't believe there's a feature that saves a thread the way you described, but you could always post your WIPs, especially if they have bbcodes, in the test chambers.

Status
Not open for further replies.