An Epic Pathfinder Adventure, the World of Venderal

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

F0X

pathfinder_banner_ii_by_butterfrog.jpg

Hello and welcome to my search thread!! This is for a Pathfinder Campaign that is held on Roll20, but character creation and other info is organized here on Iwaku, or on Discord where we have a Channel dedicated to all that is the campaign. So, with that said, let me get into some of the more serious details.

The first thing I would like to mention is this is NOT a new campaign. This is a campaign that has been going on since January of last year. It was created to be a campaign that is a warm, welcome place for new players to tabletop gaming to get their feet wet, try out live roleplaying, and experience the mechanical functionality that comes with combat of a D20 system. However, over time, life happens to many players. School, work, stress, just life. But now we are at the point where there are still a few dedicated players who very strongly wish to continue the story, find out what comes next, and also reach EPIC leveling.

As some of you know, reaching EPIC leveling any Pathfinder or DND campaign takes a LOT of time and effort to achieve. Thus you can understand why the players are so invested. What does this mean for you? It means you get to jump into the game when it is at a good transition point and join in on the high level action!

About me as a GM
When I GM a Pathfinder Campaign, I do so with two things in mind:
1. I, and those who will see this thread, are writers who LOVE to roleplay and develop their characters and dive deep into the world that is before you.
2. Pathfinder is a game, and the Combat and mechanical aspect of it is what makes it a tabletop rpg as opposed to a written rpg.
That being said, this current style of GMing I am doing consists of about 70% roleplaying, and 30% combat. There WILL be things to fight. There WILL be situations that you WON'T be able to talk out way out of. That is what the 30% is for. However, depending on your style and Roleplaying, there could be more combat, there could be less.

I put a lot in the hands of my players. There is so much that happens in my world that I as the GM don't have any control over! You as the player influence the world more than anything, and this world I have created actually continues to evolve with each campaign that runs through it and your choices as a player will effect the world for future generations of gamers to come.

With me still? Great! Let me go over some of the world, and what I will need from you as a player.

The World of Venderal
qYQ3fXL.png

Venderal is a very high fantasy universe, where magic of both arcane and divine is quite common place in most places you go. Nearly every community will have some form of mage whether it be a Cleric, Sorcerer, Wizard, Arcanist or some other caster, someone is likely to have some form of magic. Those who wish to Adventure into this world know that having magically enhanced equipment is important, for the magical creatures and foes of the world are often attuned to the magic of the world as well.

There are a variety of governments and kingdoms that come in both large and small. They can be tribal like the the Rabbitfolk of the Northern Dark Woods which are a small nomadic people, or the Leonin who hold the territory of the Thickmain Plains to the East. There are large magical Kingdoms like Astreal to the Southeast, or Gilamesh to the Northwest. There are large Trade Cities like Senerith to the Northeast, or smaller ones like Avlon to the North.

Point being, there are a VAST variety of all kinds of different worlds all over the place, so it can be home to nearly any sort of character you can think of! Holy Paladins, Fearsome Sell-swords, Mighty Mages, Masters of Nature... Just about any character you could desire to have in Venderal COULD be there, under the right conditions! What are those conditions? Well, lets move to our next section.

What I expect/need from players
As I mentioned before, this IS an EPIC level campaign.. Well... It will be soon! In order to join this game you're going to need to be able to provide the following things:
1. A 15th Level Character (which is 425,000EXP) with a 25 Point buy in their Ability Score, and 240,000 Gold Pieces worth of Gear.
2. A Schedule that allows you to play on Wednesdays starting at around 11amPST and ends "normally" around 4pmPST. I say normally because I will hold a session as long as I, and all the players involved, are able to.
3. The ability to communicate with both players and the GM outside of the game about their likes, dislikes and desires for the game! There is often supplemental written rping that can go along with this story, which gives you even more chance to get even more roleplay action in! Nothing plot changing can happen in the written rping, but its fun to make connections and flesh out your characters more. And we're all here to make friends and game after all!
4. Be open to Friendly Advice, and be willing to Give Friendly Advice. There are lots of challenging situations that arise in Pathfinder. Troubling Monsters, Stubborn NPC's, frustrating Traps, ect ect. It takes everyone working together to overcome these obstacles, ESPECIALLY at this level of gameplay. Working as a TEAM is most important for any player joining this game.
5. Basic Pathfinder Knowledge. This should be a no brainer, however, if you're going to make a 15th level character, you're going to at least need to know a little bit about what you're doing and how to do it. However, I don't expect anyone to be a master Pathfinder player! If you are, great! But myself and the other players are also to help in any way we can, so don't be shy about asking!
6. The Ability to use Discord. We use Discord for nearly everything for this game. Its where players post Loot, Record EXP, as questions when the game isn't in session, and communicate while the game is in session. The link to the Discord channel will be at the very bottom of this thread.

What You Cannot Do in this Campaign
1. You cannot make a character who's only purpose is to be a "face". What I mean by this is your character just like every other character is going to be on equal footing when it comes to roleplaying with the NPC's you face in the world. Diplomacy, Bluff, and Intimidate checks may change how those conversations go, but the roll alone will not be the only thing that solves the issue. Not only that, but you as a player is just as important when talking to NPC's as any other player.
2. You cannot make a Gunslinger, for guns are a developing technology in this world and thus not allowed within the campaign.
3. You cannot be Evil. Why? Well, the party consists of a set of characters who have overall good values. Thus, there is no logical reason for them to join hands with someone of Evil Alignment. These Player Characters are doing what they can to do, "As much good in the world as possible before dying", and an Evil Character would not be interested in those goals.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and consider jumping into this soon to be EPIC level adventure. If you have any questions at all, please send me a PM here on Iwaku, message me on discord @ F0X7713#7396 , or post here in the thread with your thoughts or concerns. I look forward to gaming with you!!

Discord Link: Discord

Last edited:
Oh just because I didn't say it, we are accepting 2-3 players!!

There are still a few spots left for anyone who hasn't seen this thread. just pm me or message me on discord and I can give you all the info. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.