An Emotional Run from Dystopia. (A We Happy Few-esque RP.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jihae

carpe noctem
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Online Availability
Saturdays and Sundays.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Transgender
Genres
Romance. Modern. Dystopian. Horror.
CLICK FOR OOC.
we_happy_few.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]WELCOME TO BLISSVILLE.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent](A We Happy Few-esque RP.)[/BCOLOR]

line.png

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Hello, hello, and good morning to you fellow dreamer. Thank you for tuning in. The weather today is a slight sprinkle of rain with a marvelous ray of sunshine. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]I do hope you had a lovely night's sleep and ended all the troubles of the previous day in dreamland.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]That is if you have any troubles! Remember what was bothering you yesterday? Haha, I certainly hope not! [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]T[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]oday is going to be EVEN BETTER. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Now, we all forget things from time to time, so don't forget the most important thing. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Did you leave the stove on? [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Did you remember to shave? [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Did you wash your hands? [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Did you brush your teeth? [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Did you forget to turn off your telly as you rested? [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]I hope you did all these things, but they're not the most important thing. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]And that is as we all know.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Did you take your Bliss today? [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Never[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] forget to take your Bliss, and I guarantee your day will go as smooooth as velvet."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent](This is an excerpt taken and somewhat changed from the start of We Happy Few.)[/BCOLOR]

line.png

[BCOLOR=transparent]“Have you taken your Bliss today?”[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]It is 1960, Blissville, a dystopian village currently located in England. It is perfectly perfect. Where the citizens, the Blissians, are always happy. Every day. What is the cause for their happiness? A pill, with the wondrous name of Bliss. A few pills over the course of the day will make you feel right as rain. Have you taken your Bliss today? Yes, I'm talking to you... -Sighs.- [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]I see you haven't. Do you know what we call people who don't take their Bliss? We call them "Sorrowful." And I'm sure you know what we do with Sorrowfuls like you. We strike them down and force them to take their Bliss! Everyone deserves to forget the negative and be happy. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]◊ You play as a Sorrowful who is currently of their medication. Your job is to escape Blissville while blending into its society. The Blissians have a very strict rule. Take your bliss, or they will have to feed it to you by force. Taking Bliss is an absolute last resort. But it will aid you, as taking the happy pills make you hidden in plain sight.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]
line.png
[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]Basiques:[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
◊ You play as a Sorrowful who refuses to take Bliss.
◊ Your job is to escape Blissville while making sure you don't die from the Blissians or overdose.
◊ Overdosing on Bliss will cause you to black out, completely forgetting the previous day. It will also change the location of the maintenance hatch, the escape exit for Blissville.
◊ There will be character death, as Blissians will attack you with a cricket bat or a metal pipe. You can prevent this by always taking your Bliss EVERY DAY!
◊ There is a possible chance that there will be a thirst and hunger meter that you have to keep track of during your escape.
◊ You can play up to 2 characters! Because my OCD hates odd numbers! I'll make an exception for 4 if you can keep good care of them.
line.png

[BCOLOR=transparent]This RP was inspired by the game, We Happy Few. Oh? You haven’t of heard it you say? Well, here’s the trailer! Hop on the Hype-Train. It would be much appreciated if you do watch the trailer for WHF, just so you get the gist of this RP.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Choo! Choo![/BCOLOR]

Last edited:
Yasssssss~ ♥

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Jihae
When the stupid thing won't tag on the main postage. COME ON PPL. @Ali

Wait, I'm super confused X'D

xD I have tagging problems. T^T Like, the @ thingy will not list all the names so I can't tag people. It's a sad world.

I wanna join!! ;-;

Yay! ....Now what?

Have never heard of the game but am super interested!

Have never heard of the game but am super interested!
xD Awesome! There's a trailer at the WAAAAAY bottom of the post in case you didn't see that little thingy. It's in pre-alpha mode which is why most have never heard of it.

Looks neat. I'm not much of a gamer myself.... but sheesh my mind is already reeling with the idea of a possibly sociopathic little girl who runs around messing with the blissers. XD

Looks neat. I'm not much of a gamer myself.... but sheesh my mind is already reeling with the idea of a possibly sociopathic little girl who runs around messing with the blissers. XD
That's the spirit. If we have enough people interested (Like, about 4) I'll start up an OOC.

Oh my god, I missed all these posts...wtf Q_Q

Oh my god wait.. We do have four people interested in this. I'm an idiot. xD

Unless my co-GM here @Ali isn't interested in this ish anymore.

Of course I'm still interested, silly girl ♥

• Bucket of Rainbows
Well alrighty then. OOC will probs be posted tomorrow or overmorrow. I kind of want this to be spot on.

Reactions: Seihou
omg, this reminds me of one of my favorite book series! I'd join in a heartbeat!

• Thank You
That trailer was brilliant! Game looks brilliant! Roleplay sounds brilliant! I am here for this!!

• Thank You
Status
Not open for further replies.